Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Show me your Pit bulls

Vehicles
      2- 98 Gti vr6's, 2- 97 Glx vr6's
      01-25-2009 04:41 PM #281
      Quote, originally posted by 5_Cent »

he seems like a really happy pup maybe when he gets bigger it will become more of a problem for him?

and yea you could be less dooshy in your responses to people, when your right and someone else is wrong they may apologize if you show them a little leeway.

and if you would have read, you would have seen that they had to put that dog down.

01-25-2009 04:47 PM #282
      Quote, originally posted by CHersh1088 »

and if you would have read, you would have seen that they had to put that dog down.

um I did read, maybe you should re-read. He said he was going to put him down. No where in this thread does it say he has done it yet.

Vehicles
      2- 98 Gti vr6's, 2- 97 Glx vr6's
      01-25-2009 05:02 PM #283
      well seeing how the ortho doctor appointment he talked about was over 2 months ago and thats when he made the decision they were going to put the dog down..

im sure if the owner who obviously has alot of love for the dog and the doctor think it is the best bet to put him down it probably is the best thing to do and alot cheaper then letting the dog grow older and watch it suffer through pain and problems worsen. and more vet bills.

01-25-2009 05:27 PM #284
      Quote, originally posted by CHersh1088 »
      well seeing how the ortho doctor appointment he talked about was over 2 months ago and thats when he made the decision they were going to put the dog down..

im sure if the owner who obviously has alot of love for the dog and the doctor think it is the best bet to put him down it probably is the best thing to do and alot cheaper then letting the dog grow older and watch it suffer through pain and problems worsen. and more vet bills.

right but thats not my point. I didn't see him post a follow up and lots of pet owners have a change of heart at the last minute when they choose to put their beloved pet down. So I was just wondering he followed thru with it and what the reasoning was since I do not know anything about the problems the dog had and watched the videos and was heart broke by what I saw. He just looked really happy and I figured later in life the dog might have more or bigger issues with his injuries.

I read what he said and asked a question/gave a suggestion, that's what these forums are for.

5. Banned
      01-26-2009 04:30 PM #285
      Quote, originally posted by 5_Cent »

So I was just wondering he followed thru with it and what the reasoning was since I do not know anything about the problems the dog had and watched the videos and was heart broke by what I saw.

01-13-09 RIP

the reasoning? if you read any of my posts you would know the problems he had- and it was decided to PTS due to the fact that he was deteriorating. there was nothing surgery or all the money in the world could have done to help him, OR ease the pain he was in at the end.
      as far as me being "dooshy" (its douchey by the way) in my repsonses to people- get over it. if you are gonna be in these dogs you need thick skin. not to pull rank here, but i have forgotten more about these dogs than most of the complainers will ever know. 2 decades, elbows deep here. not a fad, not a fashion. not much any one here is going to teach me about bulldogs, sorry to be so blunt-but thats the truth.

Vehicles
      '01 TT 225Q
      01-26-2009 06:45 PM #286
      I felt for that little guy, RIP buddy.

It is obvious that you do all you can for the breed and I'm sure they are a huge part of your life. It's awesome to see someone go through all of the trouble and heart break for these animal. I believe you deserve the right to be "dooshy" about an ignorant comment about your dogs.

People just need to watch what they say about someone else's animal. Think before you "speak" kind of thing. Most likely everyone here loves their animal as if it were their own child, and comments like that don't fly.

Modified by Forty-six and 2 at 3:47 PM 1-26-2009

Drive lowpark lower

.:46and2:.

7. 01-26-2009 06:49 PM #287
      Quote, originally posted by bulldogger72 »

01-13-09 RIP

sorry to hear man. At least he is not in pain any longer. RIP

Vehicles
      1998 S/C GLX Jetta, Jeep Cherokee, 2007 Rabbit
      01-26-2009 07:25 PM #288
      Poor little guy It is always so sad when you do everything you can and there just isnt anything that will help RIP little baby

01-26-2009 09:00 PM #289
      thanks for the spelling lesson and the "douchey" response. whether you lost a pet or not still doesn't mean that you have to talk to people like they are idiots. I put down my min pin of 15 years this summer. It's hard as hell. All I did was ask why, like how would the condition worsen over time? Cuz I was curious, excuse me for asking a freaking question. the vortex never disappoints.

10. 01-28-2009 04:26 PM #290
      ur dog is beautiful

02-02-2009 10:48 AM #291
      I'm adopting an APBT! He'll be flying here in 10 days, I originally planned on adopting from a local shelter but I saw his picture and fell in <3. He's 6 mos old, housebroken, crate trained and already knows some basic commands. His foster family says he is friendly with everyone[including dogs] and loves attention. I can't wait!

12. 02-02-2009 10:51 AM #292
      beautiful looking fellow congratz and good luck! thanks for giving him a chance at life

13. 02-02-2009 12:02 PM #293
      I adopted this young man about a week and a half ago. 9 month old Pit mix. I got him from a rescue group the specializes in "bully" breeds. His name is Speck!

The dude LOVES to cuddle and sleep. lol

02-02-2009 12:08 PM #294
      Quote, originally posted by my_GTI-02 »
      beautiful looking fellow congratz and good luck! thanks for giving him a chance at life

Thanks!

Redline, how long did it take for your guy to settle in?

15. 02-02-2009 12:30 PM #295
      Quote, originally posted by seoulstice »

Thanks!

Redline, how long did it take for your guy to settle in?

All of 2 seconds. I can't believe how well behaved he is for 9 months old. Totally potty trained, doesn't get into trouble, never barks, and just loves to chill. I take him for a walk every morning before I leave for work and again when I get home. I've been going home for lunch to let him out, but I'm gonna see if he does OK today until I get back home from work.

He hasn't had any obedience yet, so our classes start in 2 weeks. If that goes well, things will be going along perfectly.

02-02-2009 01:02 PM #296
      Nice. I plan on getting home for lunches too since I work all of 3 miles from home but eventually I'd like to see how he'd do being by himself all day. If it doesn't work out then I'll go back to being home for lunches but my old roommate's dog never had a problem with going inside the house.

Vehicles
      02-02-2009 01:04 PM #297
      Does anyone else's Pit have anxiety issues? Mine is about 7.5 months and has destroyed 2 different metal crate while in there during the day, he starts shaking when he knows I am leaving. If your dog has/had anxiety what did you do to help? Any tips are appreciated. I have tried:
      -blanket over the cage to make it more "den" like
      -a tshirt of mine so he has my scent
      -different places in the house
      -bigger crate, smaller crate
      -having a radio on while i am gone during the day
      -various toys including Kong with peanut butter in it(all toys including peanut butter filled kong are never even moved by the time I get home)

like I said any suggestions are welcome. I thought about not putting him in a crate but I dont think it would help because even if I go in my room for 10 minutes and he cant find me he goes nuts running around the house trying to look for me and pees everywhere.

Sorry for the novel

Vehicles
      02-02-2009 01:29 PM #299
      Quote, originally posted by RedlineSi »
      http://www.thek9coach.com/arti...c7e87

thank you for the link but i have plenty of websites and books, I am looking for personal experiences that have worked

19. Banned
      02-02-2009 01:46 PM #300
      try a little st.johns wort (im serious) to even out the mood, tire the dog right out too. associate the crate w/ good things- never use it for punishement. my dogs will actually voluntarily go into their crates and nap when tired (my 6 month old does this, and my 3 month old will go in with him.) it takes time, thats all i can tell you. you are doing all the right things though.

Siobhan and Kearney...

02-02-2009 02:02 PM #301
      and to add my $.02 -

The plastic pet crates worked best for me ( the biggest 1 you can afford),
      loaded with TOO much shredded newspaper.
      Next, sprinkle some dry dog good ( enough that the pup can eat in a few minutes) throughout the crate, hidden in the paper.

Do this at every feeding until your dog runs into the crate waiting for the feeding.

I don't have a fence yard.
      My pit is 7 years old,25lbs., and she's indoors 90% of the time.
      She prefers the crate OVER toys.

Commit 3 weeks to make this work.

Vehicles
      02-02-2009 02:39 PM #302
      thank you guys so much for the advice. I was using the metal crates and he destroyed 2 of them. So I just got back from petco and got a large plastic crate so hopefully that one will stay intact. I will try the newspaper because I have been using blankets and such but he just rips them up. I have never tried food. But it the beginning I tried giving him a treat everytime he went in the crate but that didnt seem to do anything good, but I will try the food sprinkled in there and see how that goes. The St. Johns Wart also sounds like it may be worth a try.

in a red house with way way too many VWs on a hill in VT
      Vehicles
      a poo load of MK2s, '84 ITB gti, '84 4KQ, '73 145, '95 540i, '72 impala, '85 K30 5/4 ton
      02-02-2009 03:59 PM #303
      Quote Originally Posted by stealthmk1
      almstvw is no joke

23. 02-02-2009 04:43 PM #304
      Quote, originally posted by almstVW »
      CLICK ME

OH MY GOD

EPIC LOL

02-02-2009 04:51 PM #305
      CLICK ME

Wow.

Do you give them anything that they can chew on safely[ie Kong stuffed with frozen peanut butter] in the crate or do they just lose interest?

02-02-2009 05:13 PM #306
      CLICK ME

02-02-2009 05:26 PM #307
      CLICK ME

...hence the reason why the shredded newspaper should be pretty deep, so that the lil' fella will stay occupied for a minute or 2 searching for the food nuggets.

Your pit will think it's a game to find all the food.

My pup enjoyed the paper so much she would play and tear-up the paper as if it was a treat, LOL!

Hey, it's cheap, expendable, and it won't upset her stomach.

Vehicles
      02-02-2009 05:32 PM #308
      CLICK ME

wow that is ridiculous! I am so glad that both times my dog broke out of his crate he only damamged a remote, and phone charger, and 2 pairs of shoes lol!

in a red house with way way too many VWs on a hill in VT
      Vehicles
      a poo load of MK2s, '84 ITB gti, '84 4KQ, '73 145, '95 540i, '72 impala, '85 K30 5/4 ton
      02-03-2009 08:42 AM #309
      mitten just chewed up the already chewed up chair form the side of the road from 7 years ago... all my dogs get too bored with one toy, and a kong with peanut butter won't last while i'm at work, i'll come home to no kong, so they either get a leg bone, or nothing... mitten hated her plastic big crates, she was in a HUGE one for a few months and hated it, she was then rotated through the smaller crates, and the smallest one she seemed to like, then one day... that. and she's now in an even smaller crate, that's all metal bars with a dog bed, all the other crates had dog beds too, but she ate them, i know her current crate is technically too small for her, but she goes in it, voluntarily and doesn't flip out in it.

mitten on ree

dinner time

Quote Originally Posted by stealthmk1
      almstvw is no joke

Vehicles
      2008 WB Jetta
      02-03-2009 09:03 AM #310
      [QUOTE=Gary C]Evie again. Ironically enough she loves wearing her coat *inside*. Yet loves playing outside without her coat... to the point where she'll roll around trying to remove it until I give in and take it off. As soon as it's off she runs around full bore for a few minutes like the moron she is.

Dude that so cracked me up.......

Vehicles
      02-03-2009 10:02 AM #311

mitten on ree

lol this pic is too cute!

Vehicles
      84 GTI/86 4000q/92 VR6T/07 Rabbit/12 GTI/97 F-350
      02-03-2009 02:32 PM #312
      Quote, originally posted by A3GLXJETTA »
      Does anyone else's Pit have anxiety issues? Mine is about 7.5 months and has destroyed 2 different metal crate while in there during the day

When we would keep Eli in a crat eduring the day he used to get so worked up that he would salivate uncontrollably and nearly hyperventilate himself. We would come home to literally an inch of liquid in the bottom of the crate and a dehydrated dog. Then one day he destroyed the bottom plastic tray of the crate. We gave up on the crate for a few months and just left him in the kitchen during the day, where he would occasionally rip up mail and other small things if it was left accessable. Recently we tried putting his usual bed in the crate and leaving it open while we;re gone, but we would come home and find a cold bed, so we knew that didnt work either.
      The newspaper trick would not be good for us since Eli already has a paper fetish and I know that would just encourage him.
      At this point I dont think he'll ever be crateable, but he is well behaved enough to not really require it.
      DCI

Vehicles
      mk1
      02-03-2009 02:33 PM #313
      please educate some ignorant people in this thread about pits...

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4231348

Vehicles
      02-03-2009 03:19 PM #314
      Quote, originally posted by stealthmk1 »

When we would keep Eli in a crat eduring the day he used to get so worked up that he would salivate uncontrollably and nearly hyperventilate himself. We would come home to literally an inch of liquid in the bottom of the crate and a dehydrated dog. Then one day he destroyed the bottom plastic tray of the crate. We gave up on the crate for a few months and just left him in the kitchen during the day, where he would occasionally rip up mail and other small things if it was left accessable. Recently we tried putting his usual bed in the crate and leaving it open while we;re gone, but we would come home and find a cold bed, so we knew that didnt work either.
      The newspaper trick would not be good for us since Eli already has a paper fetish and I know that would just encourage him.
      At this point I dont think he'll ever be crateable, but he is well behaved enough to not really require it.

I have certainly thought about just leaving him in the kitchen but I have no way to keep him in there he jumps waaaay too high. If he can clear the back of the couch he would most certainly be able to clear a dog gate, and I cant stack 2 on top of each other because of the way the kitchen is set up I would LOVE to be able to leave him out of his crate, I practically had to force him in his crate this morning and I feel sooo bad!

02-03-2009 03:41 PM #315
      Quote, originally posted by vortexhatesme »
      please educate some ignorant people in this thread about pits...

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4231348

You'll never educate people like that, it's like trying to convince an anti-gun person that guns don't kill people, stupid people with guns kill people. They're sheep and believe what the media tells them to.

Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast