Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 13 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: Show me your Pit bulls

02-02-2009 02:02 PM #301
      and to add my $.02 -
      The plastic pet crates worked best for me ( the biggest 1 you can afford),
      loaded with TOO much shredded newspaper.
      Next, sprinkle some dry dog good ( enough that the pup can eat in a few minutes) throughout the crate, hidden in the paper.
      [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      Do this at every feeding until your dog runs into the crate waiting for the feeding.
      I don't have a fence yard.
      My pit is 7 years old,25lbs., and she's indoors 90% of the time.
      She prefers the crate OVER toys.
      Commit 3 weeks to make this work.

Vehicles
      1998 S/C GLX Jetta, Jeep Cherokee, 2007 Rabbit
      02-02-2009 02:39 PM #302
      thank you guys so much for the advice. I was using the metal crates and he destroyed 2 of them. So I just got back from petco and got a large plastic crate so hopefully that one will stay intact. I will try the newspaper because I have been using blankets and such but he just rips them up. I have never tried food. But it the beginning I tried giving him a treat everytime he went in the crate but that didnt seem to do anything good, but I will try the food sprinkled in there and see how that goes. The St. Johns Wart also sounds like it may be worth a try.

in a red house with way way too many VWs on a hill in VT
      Vehicles
      a poo load of MK2s, '84 ITB gti, '84 4KQ, '73 145, '95 540i, '72 impala, '85 K30 5/4 ton
      02-02-2009 03:59 PM #303
      Quote Originally Posted by stealthmk1
      almstvw is no joke

4. 02-02-2009 04:43 PM #304
      Quote, originally posted by almstVW »
      CLICK ME

OH MY GOD

EPIC LOL

02-02-2009 04:51 PM #305
      CLICK ME

Wow.
      Do you give them anything that they can chew on safely[ie Kong stuffed with frozen peanut butter] in the crate or do they just lose interest?

02-02-2009 05:13 PM #306
      CLICK ME

02-02-2009 05:26 PM #307
      CLICK ME

...hence the reason why the shredded newspaper should be pretty deep, so that the lil' fella will stay occupied for a minute or 2 searching for the food nuggets.
      Your pit will think it's a game to find all the food. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      My pup enjoyed the paper so much she would play and tear-up the paper as if it was a treat, LOL!
      Hey, it's cheap, expendable, and it won't upset her stomach.

Vehicles
      02-02-2009 05:32 PM #308
      CLICK ME

wow that is ridiculous! I am so glad that both times my dog broke out of his crate he only damamged a remote, and phone charger, and 2 pairs of shoes lol!

Vehicles
      a poo load of MK2s, '84 ITB gti, '84 4KQ, '73 145, '95 540i, '72 impala, '85 K30 5/4 ton
      02-03-2009 08:42 AM #309
      mitten just chewed up the already chewed up chair form the side of the road from 7 years ago... all my dogs get too bored with one toy, and a kong with peanut butter won't last while i'm at work, i'll come home to no kong, so they either get a leg bone, or nothing... mitten hated her plastic big crates, she was in a HUGE one for a few months and hated it, she was then rotated through the smaller crates, and the smallest one she seemed to like, then one day... that. and she's now in an even smaller crate, that's all metal bars with a dog bed, all the other crates had dog beds too, but she ate them, i know her current crate is technically too small for her, but she goes in it, voluntarily and doesn't flip out in it.
      mitten on ree

dinner time

almstvw is no joke

Vehicles
      2008 WB Jetta
      02-03-2009 09:03 AM #310
      [QUOTE=Gary C]Evie again. Ironically enough she loves wearing her coat *inside*. Yet loves playing outside without her coat... to the point where she'll roll around trying to remove it until I give in and take it off. As soon as it's off she runs around full bore for a few minutes like the moron she is.
      Dude that so cracked me up.......

Vehicles
      02-03-2009 10:02 AM #311
      mitten on ree

lol this pic is too cute!

Vehicles
      84 GTI/86 4000q/92 VR6T/07 Rabbit/12 GTI/97 F-350
      02-03-2009 02:32 PM #312
      Quote, originally posted by A3GLXJETTA »
      Does anyone else's Pit have anxiety issues? Mine is about 7.5 months and has destroyed 2 different metal crate while in there during the day

When we would keep Eli in a crat eduring the day he used to get so worked up that he would salivate uncontrollably and nearly hyperventilate himself. We would come home to literally an inch of liquid in the bottom of the crate and a dehydrated dog. Then one day he destroyed the bottom plastic tray of the crate. We gave up on the crate for a few months and just left him in the kitchen during the day, where he would occasionally rip up mail and other small things if it was left accessable. Recently we tried putting his usual bed in the crate and leaving it open while we;re gone, but we would come home and find a cold bed, so we knew that didnt work either.
      The newspaper trick would not be good for us since Eli already has a paper fetish and I know that would just encourage him.
      At this point I dont think he'll ever be crateable, but he is well behaved enough to not really require it.
      DCI

Vehicles
      mk1
      02-03-2009 02:33 PM #313
      please educate some ignorant people in this thread about pits...
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4231348

Vehicles
      02-03-2009 03:19 PM #314
      Quote, originally posted by stealthmk1 »
      When we would keep Eli in a crat eduring the day he used to get so worked up that he would salivate uncontrollably and nearly hyperventilate himself. We would come home to literally an inch of liquid in the bottom of the crate and a dehydrated dog. Then one day he destroyed the bottom plastic tray of the crate. We gave up on the crate for a few months and just left him in the kitchen during the day, where he would occasionally rip up mail and other small things if it was left accessable. Recently we tried putting his usual bed in the crate and leaving it open while we;re gone, but we would come home and find a cold bed, so we knew that didnt work either.
      The newspaper trick would not be good for us since Eli already has a paper fetish and I know that would just encourage him.
      At this point I dont think he'll ever be crateable, but he is well behaved enough to not really require it.

I have certainly thought about just leaving him in the kitchen but I have no way to keep him in there he jumps waaaay too high. If he can clear the back of the couch he would most certainly be able to clear a dog gate, and I cant stack 2 on top of each other because of the way the kitchen is set up I would LOVE to be able to leave him out of his crate, I practically had to force him in his crate this morning and I feel sooo bad!

02-03-2009 03:41 PM #315
      Quote, originally posted by vortexhatesme »
      please educate some ignorant people in this thread about pits...
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4231348

You'll never educate people like that, it's like trying to convince an anti-gun person that guns don't kill people, stupid people with guns kill people. They're sheep and believe what the media tells them to.

Vehicles
      02-03-2009 04:18 PM #316
      When we would keep Eli in a crat eduring the day he used to get so worked up that he would salivate uncontrollably and nearly hyperventilate himself. We would come home to literally an inch of liquid in the bottom of the crate and a dehydrated dog.

flex all day... speaking of letting the dogs roam the house... nami did this one day with ree, at the time there were 3 crates, and flex peed on evertything because he's a dick like that, and he likes watching me clean, he's passive agressive, and bieng a pitbull, i mean, that's cold...
      the baby gate pictured was in front of the door locked in place and the speakers were in front of it... nami is a wee bit too good at problem solving... ya know the quote from jurassic park, when the guy says the raptors were systematicly checking the fence for weak points? that's a bored bull, a raptor that walks on four legs, and eats wood and palstic, and if that bull is mitten, anything... litterally...

the door... err.. what's left...

flex did this in two days, day one eat through door jam into 4X4s that make up the frame of the wall, day two eat through oak pallet nailed to door jam

the cluprit in tan...

flex bieng good

young eli

before nami and jersey were frenimies that only smooch with de toofies, nami all white, jersey B&W, the flexican is the tan

almstvw is no joke

17. 02-03-2009 05:19 PM #317
      well i was to late to get my post in there, but just because i love this breed, i wanted to show my support
      "ok to the haters of pitbulls.....tell me why more dog bites are caused by little ****s dogs? my sister and my sister in law both work in very well know hospitals her in Chicago. Both of them see tons of dog bits come in that are really bad. Most of them if not all are from dogs you would never suspect. Last year in both hospitals they had 3 bites out of thousands that where form a pitty bread.
      So, now may I ask.....whats wrong with pit bulls? THEIR OWNERS!!! people who don't know how to own a dog should not own anything powerful like a pitty or a rotty or dobberman. Pitbulls for many many many years where rescue dogs, nanny dogs, served in the military. Helped in firehouses.
      Pitties that are exercised regularly, and im not saying your toolish walks around the block, im talking about a good run, biking, rollerblading to drain that energy.....you will see how AWESOME and loving this breed is.
      Exercise, Discipline THEN Affection is the key to any balanced dog (thank you dog whisperer)
      Oh and besides being loyal and loving, they are by far the smartest......which is why pitties have always dominated in mental tests. the facts are on the web, all you haters need to do is stop being sheep to the media and get your damn facts right.
      I love my pitty, i will only own pitties.......if your not up to the challenge with the exercise and discipline then you shouldn't own one........go buy yourself a stuffed animal, stick it in your little man purse and show it off.
      end the deed not the bread.....ban BSL!!!!

Vehicles
      02-03-2009 06:05 PM #318
      Quote, originally posted by seoulstice »
      You'll never educate people like that, it's like trying to convince an anti-gun person that guns don't kill people, stupid people with guns kill people. They're sheep and believe what the media tells them to.

I've wasted way too much time trying to educate ingorant people. Just a waste of time and only good for getting myself mad.
      DCI

Vehicles
      02-03-2009 06:11 PM #319
      flex all day... speaking of letting the dogs roam the house...

Eli only goes for paper, and maybe empty lotion bottles, and a pair of panties once.
      nami is a wee bit too good at problem solving...

A good sign they're not related. Eli wont even push open a door thats ajar.
      DCI

20. 02-03-2009 11:56 PM #320
      Scrap at age 5 1/2 Pit/Boxer mix

Vehicles
      02-04-2009 12:14 PM #321
      Eli only goes for paper, and maybe empty lotion bottles, and a pair of panties once.

flex, will lick those till the cows come home... nami will eat the "affected" area right out... no more "comando" jeans in the house as the crotch area is le goners... nami once ate my whole living room, before i belived crates were a nessesity, she at all the papers and magazines in the living room, two blankets, 5 beta tapes, 7 DVDs, 6 VHS, 2 PS2 games, 1 ps2 controller, flex's two most prized stuffed animals and had all the cushins off both couches in a huge pile with all the chewed up stuffs... yet the open bag of dog food in the guest room was untouched

a good sign they're not related. Eli wont even push open a door thats ajar.

well... ummm... jersey is also an excellect problem solver, to the point i'm very, very glad her an nami can't be in open areas together, at all, ever...
      reason #1 - jersey lets herself out when she needs to go in the summer, she goes to the screen door pushes the latch and out she goes... locked the screen once, she batted at the door and pushed it a few times then figured out that if she pushed enough the door will bend and the lactch fail and she's out...
      reason #2 - jersey defeated the child locks on the cuppards, she watched petie a few times as he's 2.5yo and can now see how they work and defeated them, she watched him go in them twice to get cereal for a snack, after he was told dinner is almost ready, after dinner and petie was in bed i was working at the counter next to said cuppord and after two very quick sounds of claws on cuppord i look over to jersey's head in the cuppord trying to get the same cereal box out... awsome...
      there was a 3rd but i've been distracted and can't remember...
      almstvw is no joke

02-05-2009 11:37 AM #322
      flex, will lick those till the cows come home... nami will eat the "affected" area right out... no more "comando" jeans in the house as the crotch area is le goners... nami once ate my whole living room, before i belived crates were a nessesity, she at all the papers and magazines in the living room, two blankets, 5 beta tapes, 7 DVDs, 6 VHS, 2 PS2 games, 1 ps2 controller, flex's two most prized stuffed animals and had all the cushins off both couches in a huge pile with all the chewed up stuffs... yet the open bag of dog food in the guest room was untouched

Vehicles
      02-05-2009 03:39 PM #323
      true story
      almstvw is no joke

02-05-2009 11:09 PM #324
      and a good one, and I believe it. My min pin had the same affinity for female drawers

25. 02-06-2009 03:24 PM #325
      Here's my puppy Lilah; i rescued her back in November. She's roughly 6 months old. She is a pit/lab mix, weighs ~40 pounds. Got her at 11 pounds and 3 months old.

And this is me acting a good with her.

She really likes the camera.

Page 13 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast