VWVortex

Page 55 of 81 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
    Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 2008

Thread: Show me your Pit bulls

Vehicles
      92 Jetta VR6
      04-08-2010 01:00 PM #1351
      Quote, originally posted by A3GLXJETTA »
      This is REALLY surprising. When I first got my pup I had him on a harness because I thought it would be safer and everyone that I talked to friends and dog trainers alike told me that a regular old harness will induce pulling.

same assumption i was under. but when i give a "heel" command and tug on the leash he understands it better, maybe because it pulls his entire chest back. i really only got him the harness to use for when we go on runs but i'll prolly be using it more than i thought

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 Jetta TDI Cup, 2005 Passat TDI wagon, 1990 Corrado
      04-08-2010 01:09 PM #1352
      Quote, originally posted by dubbinlovin »
      same assumption i was under. but when i give a "heel" command and tug on the leash he understands it better, maybe because it pulls his entire chest back. i really only got him the harness to use for when we go on runs but i'll prolly be using it more than i thought

That's interesting, both our dogs pulled harder with the harness than when we used their collars. The only thing we have found that works is the pinch collars. It just goes to show you that something may work for one dog and not for another.

Vehicles
      92 Jetta VR6
      04-08-2010 01:29 PM #1353
      yeah the pinch collar works great on him. it just scares alot of people when they see him with it on. a choke chain at the very highest point of the neck above the thick neck muscles works great too

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 Jetta TDI Cup, 2005 Passat TDI wagon, 1990 Corrado
      04-08-2010 05:41 PM #1354
      I've never had luck keeping the choke up high. When the stop pulling it falls to the base of their neck. I don't want to keep tension on it to keep it up top. That's what I like about the pinch, they are at the point where they don't pull at all but you are right about it scaring people. My plan is to work them down to the choke and then to just a collar.

5. 04-08-2010 05:53 PM #1355
      im going to be tryin a pinch colar on my pit here soon. She is horible with walking on a leash. I like using a harness on her but she doesnt learn with it and a choke chain is useless.. ive used pinch colars before and always worked great with other dogs. but youre right dubbin lovin alot of ppl look at you funny when using them.. They are great to use when used correctly which alot of ppl dont do.. I will also be getting the little covers to go on the pinch collar

Vehicles
      92 Jetta VR6
      04-08-2010 07:14 PM #1356
      Quote, originally posted by kjperry »
      I've never had luck keeping the choke up high. When the stop pulling it falls to the base of their neck. I don't want to keep tension on it to keep it up top. That's what I like about the pinch, they are at the point where they don't pull at all but you are right about it scaring people. My plan is to work them down to the choke and then to just a collar.

yeah. it is pretty impossible to keep the choke up high on the neck once they stop pulling. usually he gets the point when the choke is a just around the thick neck. but if i want to keep him right next to me when passing a person or especially another dog on the sidewalk i put it up there to get ultimate control over him. and with the pinch collar to hide it sometimes i will just put a bandana around his neck over the collar and then you can only see the chains in the back. i find that a bandana around the neck sometimes makes him look more goofy and approachable. every single time i take him for a walk i get countless compliments like "nice pit" and "beautiful dog" especially when im in the lowerclass parts of the city. but i especially like when i get compliments from older people who you can tell are not pit bull people. i always get the "is he nice?" before people come near me and ask to pet him. but lil kids, they don't have the bad stereotype of pitbulls burned into their heads, they just see a big beautiful dog, and they just run up and pet him without asking. haha he loves the kids. i even had a lil 7 year old tell me he was a nice rednose haha. ive had older people who watch dog whisperer tell me he looks like Cesars' Daddy. I love that show and have learned a lot from it
      oh and i've got a question for you guys. does anyone else have a problem with their dog picking up ticks alot? now that its spring again i'm finding them on him alot. and when we took him to the vet this past winter they found traces of lime disease in his blood already but said he was fine and gave him a once a month medicine. but what im getting at is what do other people do to prevent ticks? i looked at that frontline stuff but its like 65 bucks a box and i cant afford that. so I just bought him some sprayon stuff. we'll see how it works

Modified by dubbinlovin at 7:29 PM 4-8-2010

7. 04-08-2010 07:33 PM #1357
      my pups dont get ticks that much but its also the area where i live its mostly suburban area... i use the drops stuff that you put on the back of their necks and that tends to do the trick... when they go to the parent in laws farm i just make sure i check them over real good when they get home because i have limes disease already

Vehicles
      2004 Mazdaspeed Miata, 1994 B3000
      04-09-2010 12:20 AM #1358
      Quote, originally posted by dubbinlovin »
      has anyone in here gotten into weight pulling with their pit? my boy Diesel now is about 14months and 80pounds, not a bit of fat very muscular, and I'm thinking about gettin him a weightpull harness online. I already exercise him alot on the springpole, long runs/walks, and chasing the dirtbike around for an hour. I think he could really do good at weightpulling and as well as have a lot of fun with it and get even more ripped. I'm gonna first see how he does just dragging a tire around the yard while we play or chases the fourwheeler. I'll prolly build him a drag sled then to up weight. then I'll let him attempt pullin the 4wheeler (aprox. 600 lbs with a rider) and the ultimate goal if he's good at it is to get him to pull my mk3 20 ft! haha. i'm not going to rush him into it, just slowly work his weight up like any weight lifting routine I personally follow. I will keep you guys updated. I'm gonna order a pulling harness this week, theyre custom made so i'll have it in a month. if anyone has any tips or suggestions feel free to share.
      also opinions on clicker training? thinkin about seein how he responds to a clicker

You can probably find a lot of great info on weight pulling at Pit Bull Forum. One thing I will say is that I suggest you do lots of research and go to a few weight pulls and get a mentor to help you train your dog up to it before you start with much of anything. Like any athletic sport, it can be really easy to cause accidental injuries when you don't know what you're doing.
      Also, clicker training is FREAKING AWESOME. I fully recommend it.
      Edit: Dubbin, about the ticks - try Rose Geranium oil. It's an essential oil that repels ticks. You put a few drops on their collars every week or two. I had loads of problems with ticks till I started using the RG oil on my dog's collar. It is toxic to cats, though, so it's not appropriate for a dog that snuggles with the cats in its household. Frontline kills them when they bite, but it doesn't repel ticks at all. This stuff will not kill them, but it repels them. It also works great on shoes and clothes when you go hiking and such - you only need a few drops. (The other day I went hiking in the woods with my friend and his dog - he picked up 2 ticks, his dog picked up 3, and I didn't even have one.)

And to everyone else, I LOVE the pictures in this thread so much. <3 I know I've said it before, but the dogs just keep getting cuter.

Modified by noludoru at 12:25 AM 4-9-2010
      Quote Originally Posted by StressStrain View Post
      To appease the youngster inside and prove that he really is single, my friend replaced all mufflers with straight pipes. Now it is a combination of awe inspiration and complete headache. It bellows and moans like a 300 lb fetishist whore. It eats tires like rubber trees are sworn enemies. It drinks gas like it feels personally responsible for ensuring the longevity of Saudi dynasties.

Vehicles
      00 Tropic GTI VR6
      04-09-2010 01:22 AM #1359
      Quote, originally posted by vwgtimk41088 &raquo;

^^^ i LOVE this picture. a girl i unfortunately no longer have had a cocked ear just like that whenever she heard something interesting it'd stand up lol. what a pretty girl.
      VRSociety Member #32

Female Driven

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      I wonder what it must be like to be such a badass chick.

Vehicles
      92 Jetta VR6
      04-09-2010 07:16 AM #1360
      started clicker training. very cool, very fun. also bought a dog whistle to get his attention when he's too interested in a smell or somethign

Vehicles
      2- 98 Gti vr6's, 2- 97 Glx vr6's
      04-09-2010 08:11 PM #1361
      regarding ticks- i just use the flea/tick colars you get at walmart or any pet store they seem to do a decent job but i still check my little girl once a day. I also dont have the extra money for frontline.

regarding colars/harnesses- my pit would pull like crazy with just a colar on when we would take her for walks and runs. But we got her a harness and it is a world of difference she hardly pulls at all and it is much easier to train her to heal. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      06 Jetta GLi,
      04-10-2010 06:01 PM #1362
      Quote, originally posted by iamhollybear &raquo;

^^^ i LOVE this picture. a girl i unfortunately no longer have had a cocked ear just like that whenever she heard something interesting it'd stand up lol. what a pretty girl.

when she is really interested in something they both stand straight up. its so funny

04-13-2010 05:09 PM #1363
      Subscribing to this thread! I want to get my frenchie/boston mix a friend and she loves to be rough and tumble and loves dogs bigger than her so I thought a pitbull pup might be a good match for us. A good friend of mine adopted one from a shelter here in baltimore and the dogs just looooove each other. It's exciting to think about and all the pics in this thread just reinforce that adopting one is a great thing.

Vehicles
      RS MKIV R32, WW Evo IX MR, B7 Audi RS4
      04-14-2010 06:12 PM #1364
      Nixon loves the Recaro!!!

15. 04-14-2010 09:28 PM #1365
      Quote, originally posted by weenerdog3443 &raquo;
      im going to be tryin a pinch colar on my pit here soon. She is horible with walking on a leash. I like using a harness on her but she doesnt learn with it and a choke chain is useless.. ive used pinch colars before and always worked great with other dogs. but youre right dubbin lovin alot of ppl look at you funny when using them.. They are great to use when used correctly which alot of ppl dont do.. I will also be getting the little covers to go on the pinch collar

Had the problem with my runt...she is very tenacious, and easily excitable. Tried the harness and other junk...didn't want to use a choker, so instead my gf and i got her a gentle lead and has worked PERFECT ever since! It drops her down a peg lol she may not look like a big ball of muscle like her brother but she def has some umph to her lol...
      But the gentle lead goes around the snout (people get all weirded out cuz they think its a muzzle) and if she trys to pull and yanks her around and back at you...she hates it at time and drops and tries to take it off but she behaves now lol....best thing we ever bought her..

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      04-17-2010 12:30 PM #1366
      Waddup fella's....I've been meaning to post up but i forget.
      My boy is doing great. He's 8 months old now. Time is flying. He just got his final xray's and has a clean bill of health. His leg is about 2mm short but it's not noticeable and doesn't affect him in anyway.
      Let's recap....
      Me holding him @ a day old

4 weeks

7 weeks

10 weeks

Broken leg at 14 weeks

And Klue today

crappy pic...i know

All the training i did when he was real young as greatly paid off. He's the best Pit bull i ever had.
      FTW, he weigh's out at 49lbs as of now.
      Chosen Life Clothing. Streetwear for the car culture. Launch Party coming very soon!!
      Meet Long Island The place if you're looking for a euro GTG in the Long Isl./New York City area.
      FaceBook: Carlitus Christensen Sr. - Instagram: @ThatDreadLife - Twitter: @ThatDreadLife
      Kicks...Clothes...Cars...Ho's...THINGS I DO BEST!

Vehicles
      2012 Volkswagen GLI, 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit
      04-17-2010 10:49 PM #1367
      Here are some crappy cell pics of my pit, Roland with our rat terriers.
      Loves Cars

loves his buddy, otis

Modified by sej683s at 7:51 PM 4-17-2010

Modified by sej683s at 7:52 PM 4-17-2010

Modified by sej683s at 7:53 PM 4-17-2010

Modified by sej683s at 7:55 PM 4-17-2010

Vehicles
      Stage 2 CC
      04-18-2010 12:20 AM #1368

most adorable face Everrrr

Modified by DOQ fastlane at 12:23 AM 4-18-2010

Vehicles
      97 GTI VR6, 81 Rabbit 1.6 diesel
      04-21-2010 10:41 PM #1369
      His name is zero(zeezee) an american pitbull terrier loves car rides and being lazy and playing

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      04-22-2010 01:54 AM #1370
      Quote, originally posted by DOQ fastlane &raquo;
      most adorable face Everrrr

I know!. I smile every time i see that pic. I can't believe how big he's gotten.
      Chosen Life Clothing. Streetwear for the car culture. Launch Party coming very soon!!
      Meet Long Island The place if you're looking for a euro GTG in the Long Isl./New York City area.
      FaceBook: Carlitus Christensen Sr. - Instagram: @ThatDreadLife - Twitter: @ThatDreadLife

Vehicles
      Stage 2 CC
      04-22-2010 06:38 AM #1371
      When are you gonna bring him out?
      Maybe dubnutz BBQ?
      I gotta see him.

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      04-22-2010 05:50 PM #1372
      He gets car sick on long trips. After an hour driving, He's thrown up in my seat a few times . If i was to bring him, i would have to take the Audi Allroad as he's use to laying down in the trunk.

Vehicles
      85 Ur Quattro, 88 Fox Wagon (sold), 90 Golf, 83 Q Sedan TD, 88 QSW (soon tdi), 85 Q wgn, 03 A4 Avant
      04-23-2010 01:28 AM #1373
      Quote, originally posted by nickb91 &raquo;
      an american pitbull terrier loves car rides and being lazy

Ditto here....

Vehicles
      97 GTI VR6, 81 Rabbit 1.6 diesel
      04-24-2010 02:35 PM #1374
      wow they look so alike

Vehicles
      VRT's & 2.7T's
      04-28-2010 11:51 PM #1375
      Hey...they almost look like Tiger

Page 55 of 81 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast