Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: AFS Inoperative

1. 06-26-2008 09:19 PM #1
      I recently got this error message on the dash display of my 2006 Passat 3.6 4-Mo. Any help with this message. I've been through the manuals and they are silent on the topic.

2. 06-26-2008 09:50 PM #2
      Bring it to the dealer. I think there's a TSB for this...

3. 06-26-2008 11:38 PM #3
      It's a known problem with the connector on the harness to the headlights. The connector comes off and the headlight is dead. They need to be wire-tied in place or something on that order. My right one went at 500 miles and the left at 5K miles. They have to remove the front bumper to do the work so tell them to address it on both sides or you'll be back later for the other.

Good luck.

Bob

Vehicles
      All original 77 Rabbit; 14 Jetta; 14 Outback
      06-27-2008 06:17 AM #4
      Even better yet there is still an open service campaign on fixing them if your car has the park sensors. VW wanted to save a buck so instead of paying to pull the bumper to fix those and then later having to pull it for the headlights, they put them both in a service circular.

IM me your email address and I'll send you "Service Action P8." Even if you don't have the park sensors, it'll still talk about and show the fix for the AFS problem.

5. 06-29-2008 01:07 AM #5
      Quote, originally posted by vwlifetime »
      I recently got this error message on the dash display of my 2006 Passat 3.6 4-Mo. Any help with this message. I've been through the manuals and they are silent on the topic.

i got this message too, but am not really worried about this feature now...if i go to the dealer next time i will ask them to fix it