VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

The Magical Mystery Tour 08

15K views 157 replies 32 participants last post by  G-rocco 
#1 ·
Well, the Timob has his tour all set up, mine's got a few less states. Anyway, I'll let you know what I'm up to as I get there, but for now, here goes. There WILL be Scirocco content, BTW.
Leaving Home in Ontari-ari-ario...:

Passing by Road 53, which just *happens* to be where Brantford Flying Club is located:

Inspirational words (no doubt a member of "the Church of the Blessed Acceleration"):

Stopped in Sarnia to do some shopping:

Sarnia was absolutely THICK with nice Bavarian creampuffs:

Over into he US, Michigan to be exact. Not a "53", apparently Fords are type "153". Yeah, this is near Detroit:

Hmmm, whats hidden under the wrapper? (spy shot, no clue what it was):

My chaffeur, and his ride:

Trying not to get lost, we found this. Yeah, the chauffeur could check in here:

No worries about getting lost in Ann Arbor now, we have the "Crime Map" to guide us
:

FINALLY!! Some Scirocco content:

And the event of the evening, getting Tony all happy for his wedding tomorrow! Complete with delicious Panamanian food!!!

Congrats ElT!! There will be LOTS more from this trip, I'm headed out now to go bowling!! If there's bowling, it's got to be a good adventure!

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: The Magical Mystery Tour 08 (sciroccojim)

Quote, originally posted by sciroccojim »
(subscribed)
This is going to be fun!
Oh, and congrats, el T!

Oh yeah, you have NOOOO idea. And here's one from the archives, back in 2006, "bowling with Daun", LOL
:

Modified by punchbug at 7:45 AM 7-12-2008

#4 ·
Re: The Magical Mystery Tour 08 (punchbug)

Quote, originally posted by punchbug »
Oh yeah, you have NOOOO idea. And here's one from the arcives, back in 2006, "bowling with Daun", LOL
:

Yay! Bowling! Happy times! (As I sit and wait for Daun to arrive to pick me up for this activity....odd isn't it....)

#5 ·
Re: The Magical Mystery Tour 08 (jedilynne)

Chauffeur is LATE. He's at Macy's, shopping.
What's wrong with this situation? More from Bavaria with love:

Modified by punchbug at 8:07 AM 7-12-2008

#7 ·
Re: The Magical Mystery Tour 08 (Iroczgirl)

Quote, originally posted by Iroczgirl »
Chauffeurs are always late
I'm really wondering where you're headed though!

Toldja! Bowling. I'll post pics as proof momentarily...
OKay, so we mentioned to the groom that we liked his Vortex post at 3 am. His response was this:

OMG!! I BLACKOUT POSTED??

But after all, he IS the groom!

Of course, there were OMG!!! SHOES!!!

Lucky for me, I bought a VW bowling shirt at Cincy this year:

JediLynne models here new "do".

Okay, I gotta go get dressed up! Later then!

Modified by punchbug at 11:56 AM 7-12-2008

#8 ·

Don't I have some sexy legs?

So live from the hotel room, Cathy is WEARING A DRESS!!! OMG!!! I'll have to get my camera out of the car for this one.
Yeah, this should be a fun trip.

#10 ·

Leaving Home in Ontari-ari-ario...:

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
http://www.nfb.ca/animation/ob...25968

I love road trips.
Have fun! Keep the pics coming! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#15 ·
Re: FV-QR (timbo2132)

Quote, originally posted by timbo2132 »
So much fun!! BUT I KNOW!! I KNOW THE MYSTERY!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAH!

As do I.

#17 ·
Re: FV-QR (Rocco_julie)

Quote, originally posted by Rocco_julie »
Jeeze. I could say I do too, but that would make those that dont, feel bad.

I do! I do!

I don't.

#18 ·
Re: FV-QR (Mtl-Marc)

Quote, originally posted by Mtl-Marc »

I do! I do!

I don't.

Hell, even I don't. It's being unveiled slowly, with a few new twists today even. So I'm posting from Dayton. For those counting, that's two states and one province so far. And here's what you all wanted to see, admit it:

It was a BEAUTIFUL wedding, everything ran like clockwork, the weather cleared up, and on and on. A good time was had by all, especially the bride and groom. Once again, congrats guys!
We got toured around in the trolley, and I have to say the part I remember was sure fun!

So that's it for now. My southward progress is being hampered by bad weather, but our delay may have spawned yet another sidetrip. I'll keep you posted as I travel on. Off to see Daun's parents before too long here...no idea what from there!
Cathy

#21 ·
Re: FV-QR (Deez_Nutz)

Quote, originally posted by Deez_Nutz »

I saw the handle and thought "Ohhh my god that man is talented!"
Then I noticed it was spelled differently.
Back on topic:
Anne looked beautiful and you can clean up Tony. Congrats to both of you. Many good years to both of you from Jill and I!

#22 ·
Re: FV-QR (Deez_Nutz)

.....I think I'm going to go drive a certain Scirocco one more time before I have to give her away tomorrow...... :L
CoNgRaTs to you El Tony!!!!

D Snow
Tampa

.....I think I'm going to go drive a certain Scirocco one more time before I have to give her away tomorrow...... :L
CoNgRaTs to you El Tony!!!!

D Snow
Tampa

Oh, this is where it gets interesting. Cathy droping certain hints about a topless german car, D I seem to recall a topless car for sale at cincy, hints about going way south....
Ooops! Have I said too much

#23 ·
Re: FV-QR (G-rocco)

Quote, originally posted by G-rocco »

Oh, this is where it gets interesting. Cathy droping certain hints about a topless german car, D I seem to recall a topless car for sale at cincy, hints about going way south....

yes, Greg this tour includes a stop in the Sunshine state

...I look forward to seeing Cathy, Daun and Dan tomorrow

#26 ·
Re: FV-QR (G-rocco)

Quote, originally posted by G-rocco »

No no no, THAT topless German car is in Seattle. That may be next month's continuation of the mystery tour. There is no direction to this tour, that's what makes it a mystery! And car? Why stop at one?? Or even two????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.