Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Picasa to bbcode

Vehicles
      2008 Jetta 2.0T WE, 2010 Passat Wagon DSG, 2013 Audi A3 TDI DSG
      07-14-2008 10:50 PM #1
      I'm sure many of you heard about Google's image hosting service Picasaweb (picasaweb.google.com). I think Picasaweb is great service, but for those how posts their pictures on this forum picasaweb has never been really friendly. Links generated on the web site somewhat useful for blogers, but useless on discussion boards that use bbcode.

Well, I was bored one day and decided to make something that will help me generate bbcode for my picasa albums. So here is my solution http://cmp.315design.com/tools/picasa/.

I hope this helps somebody.

2013 A3 TDI DSG + APR - daily beater
      2010 Passat Wagon DSG - famaly project car | Web developer for your small business

2. 07-15-2008 07:19 AM #2
      GREAT.....Loved it, very useful. All my images in picasaweb.

A pain in the behind looking for the url for the pic in the embed picture code.

thanks

Vehicles
      '15 STi & '13 GTI
      07-15-2008 06:01 PM #3
      Quote, originally posted by crawl »
      I'm sure many of you heard about Google's image hosting service Picasaweb (picasaweb.google.com). I think Picasaweb is great service, but for those how posts their pictures on this forum picasaweb has never been really friendly. Links generated on the web site somewhat useful for blogers, but useless on discussion boards that use bbcode.

Well, I was bored one day and decided to make something that will help me generate bbcode for my picasa albums. So here is my solution http://cmp.315design.com/tools/picasa/.

I hope this helps somebody.

If you made one for flickr I'd use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Butabi View Post
      I just want to know why OP thought making a thread in The Car Lounge would help him in any way... We've got a bunch of dudes telling him to "pepper his angus," and an insurance agent who just made a 2:30 appointment to **** someones wife. Classic TCL.

Vehicles
      07-16-2008 10:45 AM #4
      I'm not familiar with flickr api, but google search shows that there are a lot of similar applications. Unfortunately I did not see any that really easy to use.

My first impression is that flickr is not going to as simple as google, but i think it is possible.

2010 Passat Wagon DSG - famaly project car | Web developer for your small business

Vehicles
      '12 Touareg, '12 CC
      07-16-2008 11:03 AM #5
      firefox + userscripts have a ton of useful flickr scripts (a few for pulling img tag, etc...)
      .: FireVortex the Browser Extension for VWVortex :: Download now for Firefox & Google Chrome :: Powered by etivite

.: Features: Full Ignore a Member :: Thread Previews :: Kill Threads :: Products Search :: Quick Menu (favorite forums, subscribe topics, recently viewed) :: Custom Emoticons :: Quick Reply :: Full Screen Mode :: MyPage :: Kill Quoted Images :: Kill Quotes in Sigs :: more...

Vehicles
      09-07-2008 07:12 PM #6
      Quote, originally posted by Hostile »

If you made one for flickr I'd use it.

finally got around and made this: http://cmp.315design.com/tools/flickr/. Sort of Flickr to BBCode.

any feedback is appreciated.

7. 08-26-2012 09:50 AM #7
      I know it is down on your list of things to do, but any chance you can fix the tool?