Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 2002 Jetta Hazard clicking.

1. 07-19-2008 07:13 AM #1
      I have a 2002 Jetta GL with a clicking noise coming from the hazard switch. I purchased a new switch and the clicking sound is still there. Someone mentioned somewhere on this site that the problem may lie in a faulty turn signal, and that it might be fixed by using something like WD-40 to remedy the problem. I now must sell this car as it has been a complete disaster. I can't sink any more money into repairs and I want my daughter to have something safe and reliable to drive.

If someone could advise me as to eliminate the clicking sound, I would be very grateful. I don't think the next owner will appreciate the clicking disturbance.

I also want to say that even though the Jetta has been riddled with problems, you guys have helped me cope with some of them. Soon I will say goodbye to VW'S and probably won't be back at this site anymore. I want to thank all for your expertise. You guys saved me some $$$"s Jimbo

Vehicles
      1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe //// 1968 Audi F103 75L //// 2009 VW Passat R36 Wagon
      07-19-2008 09:13 AM #2

3. 07-19-2008 09:18 AM #3
      I had the switch on my 2001 Bora/Jetta replaced under warranty.... didn't sound like a WD-40 quickfix job either....