Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Men's Cologne

Vehicles
      07 Rabbit
      03-01-2012 09:01 PM #561
      I've smelled Burberry Brit and London and know that I like them both, I can't remember their distinct scents. Would either be appropriate for the spring/summer time? If not, what would be a nice scent?

Vehicles
      a van
      03-01-2012 09:07 PM #562
      London is no - it's definitely more of a fall/winter night frag because of its tobacco/leather/mossinness.

I think Brit is a lighter one that should be alright for spring/summer.

In general for spring/summer, look for fragrances that use terms like "marine" or "aqua" in their descriptions or profiles. I really like my Nautica Voyage - it's inexpensive, has a long staying power, and projects decently well. Oh, and it smells really good and clean. Chicks dig it
      twitter x PSN:zerosaint x MUFC x FS: 18" 4x100 TRD Wheels
      Quote Originally Posted by MrSavvy View Post
      I'll break it down for you simple minded people. VWvortex. The VW stands for Volkswagen. And when you create a forum, admins can create sections within the forum. This forum has a section for general car chit-chat. The car lounge. So you see, even though it's a VW forum, you can still discuss other topics.

Vehicles
      07 Rabbit
      03-01-2012 09:14 PM #563
      Quote Originally Posted by evosky View Post
      London is no - it's definitely more of a fall/winter night frag because of its tobacco/leather/mossinness.

I think Brit is a lighter one that should be alright for spring/summer.

In general for spring/summer, look for fragrances that use terms like "marine" or "aqua" in their descriptions or profiles. I really like my Nautica Voyage - it's inexpensive, has a long staying power, and projects decently well. Oh, and it smells really good and clean. Chicks dig it
      Thanks. Not worried about chicks digging it or not. I guess I should rephrase and say I'd like a nice light, clean scented cologne I can wear during the day that won't offend people or be overpowering. I'll be starting a new job where I'll be inside and outside in the Texas summer and dealing with "rich" customers. I don't want to smell too strongly of cologne but also don't want to smell like sweat.

Thanks again.

Vehicles
      Golf R, 08 CBR 600
      03-05-2012 11:00 PM #564
      Just bought Lacoste white, very fresh invigorating scent. Lacoste blue didn't smell to bad either.

5. 03-06-2012 10:50 AM #565
      If anyone is interested, I am going to post in the for sale thread that I have some Pure Havane for sale.

thanks!

Vehicles
      2010 Golf TDI, 2010 4Runner SR5
      03-15-2012 12:11 AM #566
      Quote Originally Posted by leitmotif View Post
      Thanks. Not worried about chicks digging it or not. I guess I should rephrase and say I'd like a nice light, clean scented cologne I can wear during the day that won't offend people or be overpowering. I'll be starting a new job where I'll be inside and outside in the Texas summer and dealing with "rich" customers. I don't want to smell too strongly of cologne but also don't want to smell like sweat.

Thanks again.

Check out the different Polo colors, they're nice and light, I wear Burberry London on the cooler/cloudy days, and Polo Black for the sunny/warmer days and it seems to fit. I'm in San Antonio if that helps any.

For clean scents I also like CK Free. My favorite warm weather cologne ever was Kenneth Cole Signature but I haven't been able to find it for sometime. Although a quick google on it shows it's still available.

7. 04-30-2012 04:13 PM #567
      was looking for a new summer-ish fragrance today, smelled the new Tierry Muglier, the new Issey Miyake summer fragrances. I didnt really like either, the issey I liked somewhat but it was very potent, a bit too much for my liking. The allure homme sport extreme was okay, i gave up looking and went with YSL L'Homme, can never go wrong there.
      Need detailing work done, PM me...located in central jersey!

Vehicles
      a van
      04-30-2012 04:41 PM #568
      I got Tommy Bahama St. Bart's recently - a very tropical scent that starts out pina colada-ish and mellows out to a really nice aquatic scent similar to Nautica Voyage
      I'll break it down for you simple minded people. VWvortex. The VW stands for Volkswagen. And when you create a forum, admins can create sections within the forum. This forum has a section for general car chit-chat. The car lounge. So you see, even though it's a VW forum, you can still discuss other topics.

9. 04-30-2012 11:35 PM #569
      I got Tommy Bahama St. Bart's recently - a very tropical scent that starts out pina colada-ish and mellows out to a really nice aquatic scent similar to Nautica Voyage
      I have it too, its an all time summer favorite of mine. So cheap too, 20 bucks at Marshalls. I love that pina-colada tequila-ish note.
      Need detailing work done, PM me...located in central jersey!

05-01-2012 03:17 PM #570
      I have used Diesel for a few years now. More than my other colognes.

11. 05-05-2012 08:45 PM #571
      Anybody make their own cologne? I would really like to find an all natural or chemical free cologne that actually smells good. I had tinkered with the idea of some essential oils and a solid oil base. All the stuff out there that I've seen (Aubrey Organics, etc..) smells like patchouli or I dumped some bay rum or gin all over myself.

Vehicles
      2009 BMP GTI DSG
      05-13-2012 12:18 PM #572
      I like the Guess line.
      BMP GTI DSG : Eurojet 3" downpipe : APR Stage 2 : DeAutokey LEDs : FK Streetline 13.4 @ 103
      Instagram: Eurolover23

Vehicles
      slow girls car
      05-20-2012 11:01 PM #573
      Just got the Tommy Bahamas "very cool". It is by far an amazing smell, not too strong definetly a good choice for summer.

Vehicles
      a van
      05-21-2012 07:34 AM #574
      picked up some Chrome Sport (Azzaro) yesterday at Marshall's. Great aquatic, lasts maybe 6-7 hours on me. Good for anyone looking for a summer scent.

Vehicles
      All of Them
      05-24-2012 02:29 PM #575
      Ive become rather partial to this:

definitely not for everyones wallet which is actually nice as it stays a little more uncommon.
      Last edited by 2035cc16v; 05-24-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Vehicles
      a van
      05-24-2012 02:55 PM #576
      Quote Originally Posted by 2035cc16v View Post
      Ive become rather partial to this:

definitely not for everyones wallet which is actually nice as it stays a little more uncommon.

i've yet to smell any Creed juices ... someday ...

Vehicles
      07 Rabbit
      05-24-2012 04:07 PM #577
      Silly question. How much are you guys applying and where? I usually just spray once around the neck area.

18. Member
      Vehicles
      E36, R32
      05-24-2012 04:44 PM #578
      my friends mom always told me to spray on the wrist and touch them, and once on the neck.

never get complaints that it's too strong.
      welcome to the layer cake

Vehicles
      Sportage
      05-24-2012 05:11 PM #579
      Silly question. How much are you guys applying and where? I usually just spray once around the neck area.
      spray, delay, walk away.

i usually spray a quick one on my chest. the gf has a sensitive nose.
      Colonel Leopold Wraithwood //// twitter: mbull //// blog //// "Marcel Bruwn" - Travoltified
      Stop making things idiot-proof. We're just making better idiots. Not the way we need to be going.

Vehicles
      slow girls car
      06-11-2012 05:18 PM #580
      Quote Originally Posted by 09vdubgti View Post
      I have it too, its an all time summer favorite of mine. So cheap too, 20 bucks at Marshalls. I love that pina-colada tequila-ish note.
      Just picked it up today, 20 bucks. Smells great so far, I have had a lot of success with the Tommy Bahama colognes.

Vehicles
      05 GLI
      06-13-2012 06:35 AM #581
      I'm currently wearing Bleu de Chanel. Its smooth and fresh. Not too strong. I like it.
      __________________________________________________ __Follow Me @ Kuncle_________________________________________
      __________________________________________________ ______The Chive__________________________________________________ __

22. Member In 4 Bagels, Left Hungry's Avatar
      Vehicles
      06 Civic Si, 98 M3 convertible
      06-19-2012 05:25 PM #582
      I rotate from polo blue (daytime casual) to polo black (evening/going out/etc).

I like burberry brit as well but only wear it in the wintertime, just to mix things up and have a seasonal scent.

Vehicles
      07 Rabbit
      06-19-2012 07:10 PM #583
      Can't remember if I mention this or not. I ended up going with Burberry Brit Summer. It is really nice. My wife got the ladies version for herself.

24. 06-30-2012 09:30 PM #584
      On the rare times that I wear cologne I wear Orange Vert from Hermès.

Vehicles
      07 Rabbit
      06-30-2012 09:45 PM #585
      I picked up some small sample sprayers of the Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts and YSL L'Homme Gingembre and Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue on Amazon. I figured it'd be a nice way to test them and see if I like them and so fat I dig them all!

Vehicles
      Matrix
      09-22-2012 08:56 AM #586
      Nautica Voyage is on sale at a good price

Vehicles
      a van
      09-22-2012 12:21 PM #587
      Quote Originally Posted by Late Apex View Post
      Nautica Voyage is on sale at a good price
      great find dude
      i may have to order one to stock up on it! my current bottle is half full!

Vehicles
      Matrix
      09-23-2012 07:53 AM #588

great find dude
      i may have to order one to stock up on it! my current bottle is half full!

Vehicles
      '04 R32 '97 Taco
      09-24-2012 10:09 PM #589
      nd-1.6374

nd.2815

Vehicles
      2003 GLI VR6
      09-27-2012 01:32 PM #590
      once you touch your wrists together, rub your wrist on the back of your neck

I love me some Armani Code on a guy..seriously its like sex in a bottle. Acquire it
      Last edited by GliGirlDriver; 09-27-2012 at 01:36 PM.
      faceoff
      ------------
      Quote Originally Posted by the mad conductor View Post
      So my new girlfriend doesn't give Dome?
      Quote Originally Posted by 1.8Tquattro View Post
      You spelled ex-girlfriend wrong.

Vehicles
      a van
      10-05-2012 04:24 PM #591
      just picked up some Kanon Norwegian Wood and Zirh Ikon from Marshall's

Vehicles
      91 Audi D11 V8, 71 Super, 07 E320 Bluetec, 05.5 Jetta 2.5
      10-10-2012 01:29 PM #592
      Quote Originally Posted by GTIGirlDriver View Post
      once you touch your wrists together, rub your wrist on the back of your neck
      the point is to get it on your skin, not the shirt, correct?

this is what I dont understand why people, like my brother, spray a mist and then walk thru it, no need to make the entire room smell like you

also, might have been mentioned, but i hate it when people spray tons of cologne on themselves instead of hoping into the shower

Vehicles
      a van
      10-10-2012 01:40 PM #593
      yup, the spray should be on your skin for any hope of longevity.

so interestingly enough, the Norwegian Wood and Ikon smell similar, with the Wood being a bit sweeter/vanilla-y/creamier and the Ikon being a bit more peppery and cutting. The longevity of the Wood is about 4-6 hours tops on me and projects a decent amount at first but backs off considerable after the first hour or two. Ikon has incredible longevity, something like 10 hours easy, doesn't have aggressive projection, and has a very linear drydown.

I really like the Ikon a lot.

Vehicles
      Sportage
      10-16-2012 06:02 PM #594
      Quote Originally Posted by 71DubBugBug View Post
      the point is to get it on your skin, not the shirt, correct?

this is what I dont understand why people, like my brother, spray a mist and then walk thru it, no need to make the entire room smell like you

also, might have been mentioned, but i hate it when people spray tons of cologne on themselves instead of hoping into the shower
      one method is to spray one squirt (aerosol cologne (axe) go away) in the air, let it settle on you (sans shirt), and leave. until you can effectively spray yourself without others requiring air masks when they're around you, that is.
      Colonel Leopold Wraithwood //// twitter: mbull //// blog //// "Marcel Bruwn" - Travoltified
      Stop making things idiot-proof. We're just making better idiots. Not the way we need to be going.

Vehicles
      Blue Turd
      10-16-2012 06:16 PM #595
      So many huge bottles of cologne, how can anyone stand using the same cologne for a long time? I find that I get really tired of it within 3-5 weeks.
      slam.poke.drop.tuck.dope

raise.sunk.lift.gap.snow

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast