I'm trying! I haven't had the truck for the last 3 weeks. Jay at The Shop has it and is wiring it up. I thought I was supposed to pick it up today but I didn't hear back from him.
Your thread title always reminds me of this video (from my freshman year of kollege mind you):
Last edited by Paul@VWvortex; 06-04-2011 at 08:18 PM.
Its aliiiiiiive. I'm happy to report that the truck runs!!!
After Jay wired it, it would crank but not start. Jay came over (from BFE) twice to sort it out. We were having a hard time with the throttle adaptation and crank position sensor. Turns out, some wires on the TPS were swapped and the crank position sensor was bad. Had to make a late night run to Autozone and the truck fired right up!!!
I can't thank Jay enough for coming to my house on Saturday for a couple hours and then again last night and stayed until 11:30pm
I need to clean or replace the MAF because it won't idle with it plugged in. Video tonight!
I'm having problems keeping this thread updated because all of the work that I'm doing now doesn't really translate well to pictures... basically it doesn't look like anything has been done.
Last night I wrapped a few loose wires and installed the UNbroken pedal assembly. I also ran the new speedo cable and started getting the interior ready for some paint. I'm trying to figure out the best way to run the accelerator cable too. I guess a few people have been able to run the throttle body in the stock orientation and still clear the hood. I guess time will tell, but that would be best if it would work. Also trying to figure out where to mount the ECU, I can't mount it to the firewall or rain tray unless I use some epoxied clips, which may be the best way any how.
Here are some pics of the wiring, I still need to hide and tuck some of them down by the core support and the O2 sensor wire will be hidden also.
Left to do:
- hide/tuck remaining wires
- find 5 speed shift lever
- powdercoat radiator hose bracket
- buy C2 chip for cam
- swap the seat rails on my UK Rocco seats
- fab hidden intake
- accelerator cable
- mount circuit breaker
- paint interior
- install interior
- buy caddypan roll pan
- paint exterior
- Finally sorted out my shift linkage and got that all working
- Epoxied some zip tie mounts in the fender wells to hold up the wiring
- Figured out my throttle cable routing
- Paint interior (this weekend)
- Paint exterior (TBD)
- De-pin and run O2 sensor wire
- Find a place to mount the ECU
- Install interior (next week)
- Weld throttle cable bracket on manifold support (this weekend)
- Finalize battery wire routing. I'm not a real fan of how I have it at the moment
- Brush or Polish the radiator cover
- Wire up fan and guages
- Figure out why my cluster has no lighting
!! opɐɹɹoɔ ǝɥʇ!!ƃuıʇɔǝdsǝɹ !!!▀▀▀
!! odarroɔ ǝht gnitɔepser !! ▀▀▀