Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: How to install Ipod adapter on A4 B7?

1. 07-31-2008 09:26 AM #1
      My car has everything but the ipod adapter--(it has the 6 disc + satellite radio)

I was wondering what cable I needed to use to install the connector? I will be using my first gen IPhone too, not an ipod if that does matter.

Also, any good tutorial (with pictures) on how to do it?

Or maybe someone local that I can take it to , and they do it?

thanks I live in Minnesota if that helps!

Modified by vivithemage at 6:36 AM 7-31-2008

Vehicles
      06' A4 2.0T
      07-31-2008 11:32 AM #2
      I don't know what year your B7 is but I assume they are the same. I too have the B7 w/ six disc indash and Ipod adapter. I used the same connection for the Ipod & First gen Iphone when it came out works great you can change songs and volume from the steering wheel. If you purchased the OEM Audi part includes the wiring harness and install instructions. The only draw back is I had to choose between satellite radio and the iphone/ipod. (not both either one or the other) They connect to the radio the same way.

I bought it for $90 now it's going for $170

Modified by Golf_FL at 11:33 AM 7/31/2008

3. 07-31-2008 12:04 PM #3
      I was told that this will let you use ipod adapter and sat radio still :

http://enfigcarstereo.com/shop....html

and this is the part to actualyl hook up my iphone :

http://enfigcarstereo.com/shop....html

about 210$~~ for the whole setup + the 4 tools to take my deck out. I was just wondering if there were any other options out there.

What can I even use sat. radio for?? XM or something?

4. 08-06-2008 01:38 AM #4
      I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. let me know if you find any alternatives. thanks.

5. 08-06-2008 01:16 PM #5
      Did anyone buy the Ipod adapters from Audi or the Ipod Interface from Audi???

6. 08-06-2008 05:29 PM #6
      Quote, originally posted by CZA420tAvant »
      Did anyone buy the Ipod adapters from Audi or the Ipod Interface from Audi???

From what I've heard, people aren't very happy with the adapter that comes from Audi. Most say they would be happier/would have been better off getting something different.

If you haven't checked out http://www.enfigcarstereo.com then you should. They have quite a few options for adding iPod functionality to the stock system. It doesn't hurt that they're nice people, too.

Vehicles
      08 A4 Quattro S-Line
      07-19-2011 11:24 AM #7
      Yeah, keep me up to date on this too.

I bought my car used and it already has a place for an iPod in the glove box that I can play mine but it shows up at "Track 1, Track 2, etc...".
      It looks very clean so I assume it is from Audi, also I bought my car after a lease was up so I doubt it was modded at all.
      Any ideas?
      97 Ram 3500 12v Cummins, 355/750, Studs, Cone, TwinRam Air, SilRng MIA, HX35 Elbowed 38.5psi, 5"TBE, AFC tuned, Fuel Plate Custom 100+, Home Made 5" Lift, 37" Discovery STT's on 17" AR ATX Teflons. 21mpg avg.
      03 CBR 600rr, Full TI Arata Exhaust, BCM Filter, PC3
      08 Audi A4 Quattro S-Line, 6sp Manual, 4dr, Brilliant Black, Loaded

8. Member
      Vehicles
      Titanium & White stuff.
      07-23-2011 12:25 PM #8
      Anyone have any suggestions for a B7 with NAV? RNS-E I think. I hane an ipod cable now but don't like it. Is it possible to get the ipod display on the NAV screen?

Vehicles
      2014 Triumph Thruxton
      07-24-2011 01:28 PM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by fr4nugen View Post
      Anyone have any suggestions for a B7 with NAV? RNS-E I think. I hane an ipod cable now but don't like it. Is it possible to get the ipod display on the NAV screen?

I'm looking to pick up an RNS-E as well, so this is relevant to my interests..