Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: The "Unofficial" DSG Issues Thread

Vehicles
      2009 Lancer GT, 2009 Passat CC
      01-14-2012 05:54 PM #876
      Quote Originally Posted by bjohns86 View Post
      VW doesn't offer a 7-speed automatic transmission.
      mine 7 speed auto transmission!!!

Vehicles
      91 Audi 80 2.0T
      01-14-2012 09:13 PM #877
      VW doesn't offer a 7-speed automatic transmission.
      He is not from North America and DSG gearboxes are not "automatic" transmissions. They are more manual gearbox than anything. The 7-Speed DSG (Gearbox code 0AM) will be offered in North America until 2012. This gearbox has been in Europe for over 4 years now.

http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publi...cle_3030.shtml

"
      Jetta Hybrid launches in North America in 2012

Efficient dual-clutch transmission: Power is taken to the front wheels via a seven-speed DSG® dual-clutch transmission that operates automatically and efficiently"

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2008 VW Jetta 2.5
      01-15-2012 09:11 AM #878
      No, they really are automatic tranmissions as the shifting is totally operator independent, unless manual shifting as demanded. They have a pump, a valve body, and two wet-clutches. They do have several manual components (shift forks and gear set) and you could maybe count the dual-mass flywheel as another standard commonality. We could agree that they are hybrid of both I guess. I was, however, unaware that they offered the DSG as a 7-speed now, but they will still contain the same components as the 6-speed variant.

Brad
      Last edited by bjohns86; 01-15-2012 at 09:14 AM.

Vehicles
      91 Audi 80 2.0T
      01-15-2012 01:12 PM #879
      No, they really are automatic tranmissions as the shifting is totally operator independent, unless manual shifting as demanded. They have a pump, a valve body, and two wet-clutches (and gears not clutch packs).They do have several manual components (shift forks and gear set) and you could maybe count the dual-mass flywheel as another standard commonality. We could agree that they are hybrid of both I guess. I was, however, unaware that they offered the DSG as a 7-speed now, but they will still contain the same components as the 6-speed variant.
      Brad
      For the sake of a debate , we will agree that in North America they are considered "hybrid" gearboxes. In europe they are considered Gearboxes not tiptronic transmissions like what is found in B6 Passat and MKVI Jetta/Golf. DSG is and forever will be a manual gearbox with "automatic" shifting.
      The 7-Speed DSG 0AM and the 6-Speed DSG 02E have completely different clutch mechanisms. 02E uses wet clutch packs similar to an old school automatic transmission and the 0AM uses a twin disc dry clutch (no fluid connection between gear casing and clutch mechanism). Both still use dual mass flywheel's however 0AM is a more complex unit.
      HTH

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2008 VW Jetta 2.5
      01-15-2012 04:56 PM #880
      So the 0AM is only currently offered non-US? Or is it being introduced here in the 12' models? Thank you for that clarification. Oh, and there are clutch packs, a K1 clutch for 1st, 3rd, 5th, and reverse and the K2 for 2nd, 4th, and 6th.

Brad
      Last edited by bjohns86; 01-15-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Vehicles
      91 Audi 80 2.0T
      01-16-2012 02:19 AM #881
      So the 0AM is only currently offered non-US? Or is it being introduced here in the 12' models? Thank you for that clarification. Oh, and there are clutch packs, a K1 clutch for 1st, 3rd, 5th, and reverse and the K2 for 2nd, 4th, and 6th.

Brad
      Brad have you ever taken apart an 02E or 0AM? I have done both
      0AM & 1.4 TSI is offered everywhere but North America. 2012 Hybrid Jetta supposidly will come to North America with both. WIll be interesting to see in what combination.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      2008 VW Jetta 2.5
      01-16-2012 09:17 AM #882
      Not the 0AM, otherwise I would have known they existed. I have rebuilt 3 02E units, so yes, I have diassembled them. I guess you think I am confused because I claimed the K1 and K2 to be clutch packs, hence the inquiry into me having ever disassembled them? The confusion here is humorous, but obviously this is getting off topic and turning into a pissing match about symantics so I won't exacerbate this any further as it isn't helpful for those reading this thread. If you want to argue more about whether this is a manual transmission or an automatic transmission then you can send me a private message! Though I do appreciate your information on the 0AM.

Brad

Vehicles
      91 Audi 80 2.0T
      01-16-2012 01:11 PM #883
      Not the 0AM, otherwise I would have known they existed. I have rebuilt 3 02E units, so yes, I have diassembled them. I guess you think I am confused because I claimed the K1 and K2 to be clutch packs, hence the inquiry into me having ever disassembled them? The confusion here is humorous, but obviously this is getting off topic and turning into a pissing match about symantics so I won't exacerbate this any further as it isn't helpful for those reading this thread. If you want to argue more about whether this is a manual transmission or an automatic transmission then you can send me a private message! Though I do appreciate your information on the 0AM.

Brad
      No problem.
      No debate needed. Let me know if you have any questions on the 0AM.

Vehicles
      2012 VW Jetta SE
      01-24-2012 12:47 AM #884
      Quote Originally Posted by stevestr View Post
      Update?

A whole new transmission covered under VW's dime.

The tranny sheared a bearing inside. Plus side was that the tranny included a new Mechatronic unit and had the newest software installed on it. Covered under warranty.

About 1800 miles so far and seems to have worked.

Here's the work order:
      https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...iYWY1&hl=en_US

Glad to hear it! I hope everything works out well with the new trans

Vehicles
      09' Wolfsburg stg2 2.0T DSG
      01-28-2012 10:34 PM #885
      "sticky"

i'm wondering if my mk5 has hill hold?

when ever i go forward or reverse on the slightest incline it sticks a foot off the brake, until i give it just a touch of gas. i know passat and tiguan have it but idk.

01-30-2012 01:47 PM #886
      2010 Golf TDI
      16500 Miles

D Mode - Failure to engage 1st gear on incomplete (rolling) stop.
      D Mode - From a complete stop, then rolling forward, engages 2nd gear. I suppose it uses 1st for a moment, but then shifts to 2nd too early, lugging the engine and creating a hazard if you need to move out into traffic quickly. Like sometimes you need to pull out slightly to get a clear view of oncoming traffic and when you see that it is clear, there's no 1st gear to help you out because it's already in 2nd.
      M Mode - 2nd to 1st moving in slow traffic gets you caught somewhere between 2nd and 1st, finally slams into 1st and then have to shift to 2nd quickly because the revs are too high, and then it slams into 2nd. It wants to select 1st gear way too early.
      "Spirited" driving in our city with many stop signs - 1st gear just plain sloppy from a hard stop. Doesn't seem like it fully engages.

I don't use S mode. Ridiculously high shift points.

I like M mode around town because 1st gear is more predictable at stops but M mode is treacherous in stop-n-go traffic, so I use D mode because it will hold onto 2nd longer when slowing.

Dealer explains these are common issues, but is unable to update software per RVU37G2 because my software revision is much earlier than listed in the TB. Others receiving this update report improved performance.

Address 02: Auto Trans Labels: 02E-300-0xx.lbl
      Part No SW: 02E 300 052 HW: 02E 927 770 AJ
      Component: GSG DSG AG6 440 1920
      Revision: 04844002 Serial number: 00000910130139
      Coding: 0000020
      Shop #: WSC 01357 011 00200
      VCID: D18739C948F2A33

I really love this car - I just wish the transmission would perform in a predictable manner.

- Frustrated in Frisco
      Last edited by sfpegasus; 01-30-2012 at 01:50 PM.
      2010 CW Golf TDI DSG 2DR - Euroswitch - LED tails, turns - Clear corners - GTI sideskirts - Audi stainless tips - Porto alloy spare - Plastic battery box - 9W7 Bluetooth
      2013 RS Golf 2.5 6AT 2DR - Bone stock

12. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 A3 quattro DSG
      02-02-2012 12:13 PM #887
      D mode-no first gear
      When you release the brake after a rolling stop, don"t hit the gas. Instead let the car roll ahead a few feet, this extra time can allow the DSG to select first.
      D mode-sluggish second gear
      Once I know that the DSG will not engage first, I can push hard on the throttle in anticipation of the sluggish second that will happen.
      You can try the following. Approaching a stop sign, release the gas and select M mode. Watch the display go down M5, M4, M3, M2, when you see M1 hit the gas. When you want to get out of first shift into D mode. The downshift speeds are higher when in M mode.
      You can also shift into S mode which will select first gear at a higher speed. Then shift into D mode when you want to get out of first.
      Slamming
      When he DSG slams, check the display and look up engine oil temperature. I have found that the wet clutch works best when it is hot. The engine oil temperature seems to be a good indicator of DSG temperature.
      S mode
      You can shift early if your car has paddle shifters.
      Starting from a dead stop
      Get on the throttle as fast as you can. If the car jerks, you applied too much throttle over too little time.
      I was also frustrated with the DSG, but have adapted to the way it works. Good luck.

13. 02-12-2012 02:54 PM #888
      Hi guys,

I recently purchased a mk5 GTi (2008 - 60000) with
      the DSG gearbox. After driving the
      vehicle for a while I noticed that the
      first gear would be very jerky during
      pull away; I was informed that I would
      have to have the mechatronics unit
      replaced which I did.

The repair has sorted out the jerky
      first gear; however now I am able to
      feel the gear changes that use to be
      seamless prior to the repair; I am
      also not hearing the farting noise
      between gear changes anymore; its
      almost like the gear changes aren't
      quick enough?

I have taken the car back to the
      dealer responsible for the repair and
      for a second opinion,but both's
      feedback was that the car is within
      specification. They have said that the
      difference in gear changes might be as
      a result of VW altering the map for the
      Mechatronics. Surely if VW had tweaked
      the map it would have been better not
      worse??

Has anyone ever heard of or experienced
      a similar problem?
      Please I need advise!

Apologies for the long thread guys, but
      I'm desperate!

14. 02-18-2012 04:01 AM #889
      My MKV GTI has a gearbox code stamp of JPP. I've only seen this code in VW's from the UK and Australia, although its a Fahrenheit (not sold in either of those countries). I am told that there are certain gearbox codes that are compatible and some that are not.

Does anyone have a reference or chart for this? Or any clue if i can have a different gearbox coded DSG installed (with its original Mechatronics Unit or my own).

Thanks!

15. 02-25-2012 07:45 PM #890
      Hey, I just recently got a 2008 Audi A3 s-line quattro with a 3.2L (Quite a mouth full LOL) with 37k KM. It has a DSG transmission that I am convinced that is faulty.

-There is a delay from when the brake is released to when the clutch engages, it should be instant, shouldn't it?

-There is a very harsh downshift from 2nd to 1st, very jurky.

Thanks, hopefully someone could help me out.

16. n00b
      Vehicles
      VW Touareg 2007, VW Jetta 2005, VW Passat 2010
      04-03-2012 01:00 AM #891
      Passat 2010 2.0T 11K miles

Issues:
      1. going backwards on the uphill when the brake pedal is released
      2. strange vibrations when it comes to a full stop
      3. slow acceleration from the full stop or from the slow movement

17. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2007/VW/Rabbit
      04-03-2012 05:10 PM #892
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV-hL...ature=youtu.be
      documented on video

Quote Originally Posted by -AKA- View Post
      Hey Guys,

Since there have been so many threads in here about DSG issues I thought it might be better to have them all orginized into 1 thread. Like we have seen in past threads to make it somewhat easy to read about one particular issue state:

1. Model - Year
      2. Miles
      3. Explanation of Issues

Hopefully this will help out people who are having issues with their DSG transmission and get the problem remedied. Discuss.

Modified by Akira at 2:58 PM 6-24-2009

18. 04-05-2012 02:43 PM #893
      Quote Originally Posted by Issam Abed View Post
      For the sake of a debate , we will agree that in North America they are considered "hybrid" gearboxes. In europe they are considered Gearboxes not tiptronic transmissions like what is found in B6 Passat and MKVI Jetta/Golf. DSG is and forever will be a manual gearbox with "automatic" shifting.
      The 7-Speed DSG 0AM and the 6-Speed DSG 02E have completely different clutch mechanisms. 02E uses wet clutch packs similar to an old school automatic transmission and the 0AM uses a twin disc dry clutch (no fluid connection between gear casing and clutch mechanism). Both still use dual mass flywheel's however 0AM is a more complex unit.
      HTH
      I cannot agree with the assertion that DSG gearboxes are manual not automatic. In D or S they operate automatically. The fact they are not epicyclic gears and there is no torque converter does not make them any less automatic than the 4-speed auto I have in my Vauxhall.

19. Member
      04-06-2012 12:56 AM #894
      Quote Originally Posted by Limey Len View Post
      I cannot agree with the assertion that DSG gearboxes are manual not automatic. In D or S they operate automatically. The fact they are not epicyclic gears and there is no torque converter does not make them any less automatic than the 4-speed auto I have in my Vauxhall.
      To enthusiasts, DSGs are considered automated manuals since for them, there is a definite difference in performance when compared to slushboxes. Porsche use to use slushbox tiptronics and never made a big deal abt it except to say it got flappy paddles, but when they came out with their dual clutch transmission, it was like their next great introduction, the prior one being the water cooled flat 6.

But to regular J6P, an automatic transmission is an automatic transmission, whether it is shifted by propeller as in a slushbox, single clutch, dual clutch or some monkey in the engine compartment. Why do you think there are so much complaints about the DSG? It is because they are expecting the mushiness of a slushbox and it is not behaving like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Issam Abed View Post
      HTH
      wet clutch is not the same as a slushbox where you have a propeller spinning another propeller. Wet clutch still has physical engagement, but the oil bath is used to cool the clutch. The 7spd 0AM dry clutch unit is not more complicated. It is a low power application unit. Higher power dual clutch units are all wet clutch like the one in the 1200 hp Veyron.

Vehicles
      '12 Focus SE, '72 MGB GT, '58 MGA, '15 Outback Limited
      04-29-2012 06:57 AM #895
      Yikes. This thread seals the deal for me. I am looking at getting a B6 Passat wagon as my DD and sometimes fun at the track sort of car. I was looking at getting a '10 model for the DSG but dont think that is going to happen. Its going to be my DD and only car and having already owned an Audi that was in the shop all of the time and I ended up resenting it and sold it. I will probably just got with the regular automatics in the Passat, so '09 and earlier. Too bad. I liked the one in my friends R32 but not so much the one in my other friends GTI.

21. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 CW GTI Autobahn w/DSG
      05-01-2012 05:52 AM #896
      Quote Originally Posted by morecarsthanbrains View Post
      Yikes. This thread seals the deal for me. I am looking at getting a B6 Passat wagon as my DD and sometimes fun at the track sort of car. I was looking at getting a '10 model for the DSG but dont think that is going to happen. Its going to be my DD and only car and having already owned an Audi that was in the shop all of the time and I ended up resenting it and sold it. I will probably just got with the regular automatics in the Passat, so '09 and earlier. Too bad. I liked the one in my friends R32 but not so much the one in my other friends GTI.
      A lot of the problems with the DSG are from before 2010. 5k miles on my 2012 w/DSG so far with no problems. Don't let the earlier problems scare you off.

(though, since the DSG internally is pretty much a manual that's shifted by computer, it's not going to feel 100% like a typical automatic transmission)

06-06-2012 12:18 PM #897
      Revisiting my TDI/DSG issues once again....

I had the opportunity to test drive a brand new Golf TDI/DSG this weekend. I was actually startled by the "solution" VW has come up with to solve the hesitation issues:

Let's say you're at a stop light and the light turns green. You take your foot off the brake and IMMEDIATELY the RPMs go up some 100 RPMs BEFORE you can get your foot to the accelerator. I guess this releases the clutches earlier and the end result was certainly less hesitation.

With a little bit of research, I've found that my early (Build 11/09) 2010 Golf has a software revision level lower than any other TDI I've come across. The hazards of being first on my block to get one of these........
      2010 CW Golf TDI DSG 2DR - Euroswitch - LED tails, turns - Clear corners - GTI sideskirts - Audi stainless tips - Porto alloy spare - Plastic battery box - 9W7 Bluetooth

23. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta SE
      07-27-2012 11:59 AM #898
      Quote Originally Posted by Limey Len View Post
      You have a Vauxhall? Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

24. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 VW CC 2.0T Lux Plus w Tech pkg, White Gold Metallic, 18" Daytona wheels, Black & Tan interior
      07-27-2012 12:31 PM #899
      FYI there was a DSG update this year that seems to have really help some people out. See the thread below.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ght=DSG+update

When I went in for service a few months ago they updated mine and it seems better. It's still not perfect, but better. FYI, I have a 2011 CC Lux Plus. I don't know if this update would apply to all DSG transmissions or only some. I had the mechatronix unit replaced a few months after I bought the car two years ago, but this software update seems to help much more than a mech replacement.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      2011 CC Lux Plus 2.0T White Gold, 18" Daytona Wheels, Black & Tan Interior
      Mods: Tint, Chrome tips, Euro turn signals, RNS-510 VIM, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, APR Stage I ECU, APR Carbonio Stage I Intake, H&R 24mm Rear Sway Bar

Vehicles
      2010 VW Golf TDI
      08-07-2012 11:21 AM #900
      2010 Golf TDI
      115,000Miles
      Car wont come out of park, key wont come out of ignition, "P" Flashing. Mechatronics Unit and shifter mechanism were replaced at 85,000Miles. I think its the shifter mechanism again, no mechatronics issue symptoms before this issue.

26. 09-12-2012 03:26 AM #901
      Gf just bought 2012 golf tdi.. anyone have issues that were similar to hers?

1. Sometime last week on my way to work: I was driving in stop-and-go traffic on the freeway and averaging about 10-20 mph. I was at a stop position and attempted to accelerate because traffic was beginning to move. I am not sure if I pressed the gas pedal too hard, but, the car stalled and jutted forward, the rpm needle increased to 3000, then 4000 but my car could not accelerate more than 40 mph. The wrench signal was flashing on the computer screen. I pulled over but kept my foot on the brake pedal, and the wrench signal continued to flash. When I turned the car off, then turned it back on, the car was back to normal and I was able to accelerate to 60-70mph. But, I was cautious and did not exceed more than 2000rpm.

2. Today (9/11) in the morning: I was driving on the freeway (57South to 91East) on a very tight ramp (practically a circle) and had decelerated to 20-30 mph. I exited the ramp and was beginning to drive on straight road. I tried to accelerate to 65 but the car had a similar event where the car stalled and jutted forward. The wrench signal flashed and I could not accelerate anymore. I pulled over immediately, turned off the car, back on, and it was fine.

3. Today in the evening: I was approaching a traffic signal that was about to turn red. I was pressing the brake pedal when my car lurched forward and the wrench signal flashed. I turned off the car, turned it back on, and it was fine.

Currently, I am hesitant to increase my speed too quickly when I am entering a freeway. This is becoming difficult to work with because I cannot merge safely and cars/trucks prefer to speed pass me, often times, barely missing me by inches.

09-12-2012 02:40 PM #902
      Quote Originally Posted by boaz View Post
      Gf just bought 2012 golf tdi.. anyone have issues that were similar to hers?

1. Sometime last week on my way to work: I was driving in stop-and-go traffic on the freeway and averaging about 10-20 mph. I was at a stop position and attempted to accelerate because traffic was beginning to move. I am not sure if I pressed the gas pedal too hard, but, the car stalled and jutted forward, the rpm needle increased to 3000, then 4000 but my car could not accelerate more than 40 mph. The wrench signal was flashing on the computer screen. I pulled over but kept my foot on the brake pedal, and the wrench signal continued to flash. When I turned the car off, then turned it back on, the car was back to normal and I was able to accelerate to 60-70mph. But, I was cautious and did not exceed more than 2000rpm.

2. Today (9/11) in the morning: I was driving on the freeway (57South to 91East) on a very tight ramp (practically a circle) and had decelerated to 20-30 mph. I exited the ramp and was beginning to drive on straight road. I tried to accelerate to 65 but the car had a similar event where the car stalled and jutted forward. The wrench signal flashed and I could not accelerate anymore. I pulled over immediately, turned off the car, back on, and it was fine.

3. Today in the evening: I was approaching a traffic signal that was about to turn red. I was pressing the brake pedal when my car lurched forward and the wrench signal flashed. I turned off the car, turned it back on, and it was fine.

Currently, I am hesitant to increase my speed too quickly when I am entering a freeway. This is becoming difficult to work with because I cannot merge safely and cars/trucks prefer to speed pass me, often times, barely missing me by inches.
      Time to visit the dealer. Codes will be stored which will indicate what's going wrong.

28. 09-12-2012 02:53 PM #903
      Thanks! I called the dealer to schedule an appointment on Friday. I hope she doesn't get the run-around with cannot replicate. I hope the codes are stored!!

Talked her into getting into the vw family, but was hesitant about the DSG.. I hope the trip the dealer goes smoothly.

--update--
      took it to the dealer on the 14th, and it threw some codes. We got a GLI as a loaner, and supposedly a field tech is coming on Tuesday to take a look. Got my fingers crossed.
      Last edited by boaz; 09-17-2012 at 12:40 PM.

29. 01-21-2013 08:03 AM #904
      hi all does any one have any answers...

1.passat - 2007
      2.63000 miles
      3. here goes.Hi all here's my problem,ive got a 2007 Passat dsg saloon SEL -
      when the car is cold it drives perfectly,changing sweetly through all gears.After 10-15 mins or so when warm it judders quite violently on acceleration until it hits the speed you desire then its smooth if kept at desired speed,if you need to accelerate,it then does the juddering thing.It happens accelerating from any speed,but as ive said it doesn't happen at all when cold.
      Ive had into dealers they have "supposedly" upgraded to latest software and changed gear oil and filter,they gave me the car back and said all fixed,i was overjoyed and drove away from dealers feeling elated,all for about 10 mins,when it started to do exactly the same.
      I took it back and left it with them,i called in a week later to see if they were any closer to fixing it at which there reply was "we dont know what the problem is,there are no faults stored in system,we will have to change the gearbox at £stupid money.I wanted a second opinion so i paid them £££ for the gear change,diagnostic and oil and filter change and took it to some local "VAG specialists" they too didnt have a clue other than to change gear oil first then if not fixed,change box.
      Has anyone out there had this problem,or know what it will be,
      thank you in advance for any replies
      Natalie.

30. 01-21-2013 08:02 PM #905
      Quote Originally Posted by jodieleigh View Post
      hi all does any one have any answers...

1.passat - 2007
      2.63000 miles
      3. here goes.Hi all here's my problem,ive got a 2007 Passat dsg saloon SEL -
      when the car is cold it drives perfectly,changing sweetly through all gears.After 10-15 mins or so when warm it judders quite violently on acceleration until it hits the speed you desire then its smooth if kept at desired speed,if you need to accelerate,it then does the juddering thing.It happens accelerating from any speed,but as ive said it doesn't happen at all when cold.
      Ive had into dealers they have "supposedly" upgraded to latest software and changed gear oil and filter,they gave me the car back and said all fixed,i was overjoyed and drove away from dealers feeling elated,all for about 10 mins,when it started to do exactly the same.
      I took it back and left it with them,i called in a week later to see if they were any closer to fixing it at which there reply was "we dont know what the problem is,there are no faults stored in system,we will have to change the gearbox at £stupid money.I wanted a second opinion so i paid them £££ for the gear change,diagnostic and oil and filter change and took it to some local "VAG specialists" they too didnt have a clue other than to change gear oil first then if not fixed,change box.
      Has anyone out there had this problem,or know what it will be,
      thank you in advance for any replies
      Natalie.
      Mechatronics unit.

Vehicles
      2012 Passat VR6
      01-27-2013 10:42 AM #906
      2010 Jetta Wolfsburg (CPO)
      Just hit 15k

My problem only happens when the car/dsg is up to operating temp or has been diven for a while but works flawlessly when the car is cold. I get this late downshift when slowly coming to a stop in D. You can actually feel the car downshift late and can feel it doing so through the brake pedal, sort of feels like the car wants to surge forward a bit. Then once I let off the brake and feather the gas pedal the car jerks 3 or 4 times until it smooths it self out. Driving in stop and go traffic, parallel parking and driving up a hill is an absolute nightmare.

My previous car was an 09 GTI w/ dsg and in 3 years it never displayed any of these symptoms that my Jetta is experiencing.

My cousins 2012 GLI doesn't do it nor the 2013 GLI I test drove last month. The wolf is going in this week and I'm not taking "can't replicate the problem" for an answer.

Vehicles
      2015 Porsche Macan S, 2006 Mercedes Sprinter 2500SHC 140, 2003 VW Passat Wagon GL
      02-01-2013 06:49 PM #907
      2008 Mk5 R32 in USA with 49,000 miles. Mechtronic replaced while first owner had it around 27,000 miles. Has had the latest software updates and recently had all of the "adaptive learning" codes cleared.

Car sometimes clunks and lurches from a stop, often facing up an incline. Also sometimes does it when backing up. I was able to catch the sound on video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99P_Edp4uKc

Any ideas?

33. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta SE
      02-01-2013 07:12 PM #908
      You'll chase DSG issues your whole life buddy. Best of luck.

34. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta SE
      02-01-2013 09:20 PM #909
      You'll chase DSG issues your whole life buddy. Best of luck.

35. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 A3 quattro DSG
      02-02-2013 03:34 PM #910
      When you are going uphill you have to overcome resistance (gravity). There is also resistance starting in reverse (higher gear ratio). The first thing to try is to wait. You may have hill hold which takes a few seconds to engage.
      When you back up the transmission has to go out of reverse into neutral and out of neutral into drive. That takes time, try waiting a couple of seconds before you release the brake.

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast