Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: tdi injector pump problems

1. 08-07-2008 07:38 PM #1
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/zer...id=22# I don't understand injector pumps enough to solve my problem. I replaced the top seal for a leak started the engine and a week later the next seal down leaked. I replaced that seal but engine would not start and i noticed the round head seal was leaking so with a diesel geeks tool I replaced that one. Now engine will not start but their are no leaks or bad noises. i took the lines off from the pump to head and careful about the high pressures noticed irregular sprays some hitting a cardboard 4 inches away and some dropping half way. I used a vacuum pump to pull out the air. I tried to start the engine with wd40 which works with my truck and merz diesel but did not work on passat. Any suggestions? Pump has about 200,000 miles on it.
      thanks
      quansetfarm

2. 08-08-2008 01:49 AM #2
      You can't just remove and replace the middle seal. That section is the quantity adjuster and is very sensitive to any adjustment. What you needed to do is index that section to the bottom section just to get it to a position where it will start after removal.

If you didn't index it, you need to buy a ross tech vag com. Loosen the bolts and try to adjust it back and forth until it starts. Then adjust until the injection quantity as displayed by the vag com software shows about 5. The engine might race or not start because even a tiny movement will result in a big change in how the injection pump works.

Vehicles
      TDI Corrado & a Honda Refrig (Pilot)
      08-08-2008 09:53 AM #3
      do some searching in the mk3/B4 forums on the http://www.tdiclub.com and you should find your answers

4. 08-10-2008 01:06 AM #4
      Thanks for the direction. I tried to locate the section but didn't do a very good job. I did not know it was so sensitive. This makes sense. Now I need to find out what a ross tech vag com is.
      Thanks