I finally got around to gathering some overseas info I have been working on. Hopefully a little motivation. South Africa is running some damn good numbers. Looks like Tarlton Speedway is home of a few little 12 second monsters.
Quote, originally posted by Taken from Speed & Sound Magazine »
TOP TEN NORMALLY ASPIRATED
FRONT WHEEL DRIVE
1. Boeta Kotze Emotion Corsa 11.60 Tarlton 2007
2. Pieter Benade SAC Ford Lazer 11.71 Amsterdam ‘07
3. Elton Scullard VW Golf Mk1 12.10 Tarlton 2007
Marco Vieira Honda Civic 12.10 Amsterdam ‘06
4. Boeta Kotze Opel Kadett 12.22 Amsterdam ‘06
5. Janus Terburgh VW Golf Mk1 12.23 Wesbank 2006
6. Zane Axsel VW Golf Mk1 12.25 Tarlton 2008
7. Jose Carvalho VW Golf Mk1 12.48 Tarlton 2008
8. Marco Gounder Opel Kadett 12.51 Tarlton 2008
9. Freek du Preez VW Golf Mk1 12.68 Tarlton 2008
10. Dawie Joubert Honda Civic 12.90 Killarney 2002
Johan vd Berg VW Golf Mk1 12.90 Tarlton 2008
I have leads on two of the cars so far, maybe another. As far as I know, one of them is a 2.0 20v ITB car. If it isn't the car on the list I am thinking of, then it looks like I may have found another. Either way, maybe we'll have another 20v added to give Nate Ramero some company. #6, Zane Axsel, is running a 16v, and is actually featured in a current issue of VDUB magazine.
Looks like there is a pretty decent event/class that these guys run in (http://www.sportcompact.co.za). The names and the cars cross reference to a few different events. So, I will try to keep searching for the details so they can be added when proven. That will start to knock all us slow pokes back a few notches. Motivated?
Modified by billyVR6 at 12:38 PM 8-18-2008