lookin at this peaked my interest for the 12vs
06. 12.83 @ 103.65mph - Bill Warburton - 1995 GTI - 2.8L VR6 - Street Car - 2346 lbs. - Retired
08. 12.99 @ 103.00mph - Miguel Vinuela - 1988 GTI - 2.8L VR6 - Street Car - Retired
09. 13.04 @ 101.00mph - Chris Palumbo - 1990 GTI - 2.8L VR6 - Street Car - 2230 lbs. - Retired
10. 13.07 @ 102.77mph - R.J. Parker - 1996 GTI - 2.8L VR6 - Street Car - 2360 lbs. - Under Water!
These times were run several years ago... the trap speeds are really nothing to gawk at 101 to mid 103...
to most, a couple mph here and there doesnt seem like much, but i remember running the black car and could never squeeze over 103mph out of it, now we're talkin 106+ upwards of 107 with similiar mods and even MORE weight than we were running at the time. Air quality improve in the past couple years???
07. 12.83 @ 105.48mph - Paul Kiernan - 1995 GTI - 2.8L VR6 - Street Car - 2450 lbs. - Active
04. 12.69 @ 106.79mph - Matt Ivan - 1995 GTI - 2.8L VR6 - Street Car - 2380 lbs. - Active
I really think about this mainly because i know how fast my black car was, and i know how fast my hatch is now, and it's night and day. depending on the pass, these guys are within 1mph of what my hatch is trapping, and that is impressive in my eyes [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
*edit, i just remembered that paul is running a race-shop head, so there is something to be said about that, but i really havnt seen much info on Matt (vw1320s) setup
Modified by GTIStile at 1:42 PM 11-13-2008