Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Naturally Aspirated Top 1/4 Mile List.

Vehicles
      2000 GTI 1.8t, 72 Standard Beetle, 95 Eagle Talon TSI Auto, 2002 Chevy Tahoe
      12-22-2008 11:54 PM #211
      ok ok... i told him where to hide the bottle too
      10.30@145 .68 35R
      10.08@141 / 148
      Force Fed Engineering
      Lugtronic
      Boost Factory

2. 12-23-2008 09:17 AM #212
      Quote, originally posted by billyVR6 »
      Ha ha ha, when I mentioned history of the car, I meant like when GTIstile bought Joe's old car, it had a past.

Here are just some points of interest:

Your old car got denied Street Stock because the use of lexan and sheet metal.
      There were pictures of that car posted that show a swiss cheesed hatch.
      Air Box.
      Most have never seen the new car (people who have been around can eyeball the weight).
      Active on the forums, no show at any of the races.
      The power is unknown, makes it hard to crunch the numbers.

are you talking about sky's car??
      everything he posted about his car is %100 true,ALOT of people have lost to that car,(including me)its very quick,at H20 he whiped up on a R...no BS..he's got the engine GOD must have built him self..
      down at H2o,him and I launched at 5000 rpm's from a light and i could not pull any more then a fender from him(thats when i had the blower on)and i was doing nothing but spinning..he's got a very quick GTI,we have not had are dyno day yet,but im sure it will be in a couple of months..

on a different note.....has any one tried running a C2 quick flow manifold yet??im looking for dyno #'s on a N/A

12-23-2008 09:21 AM #213
      Ha ha ha, when I mentioned history of the car, I meant like when GTIstile bought Joe's old car, it had a past.

Here are just some points of interest:

Your old car got denied Street Stock because the use of lexan and sheet metal.
      There were pictures of that car posted that show a swiss cheesed hatch.
      Air Box.
      Most have never seen the new car (people who have been around can eyeball the weight).
      Active on the forums, no show at any of the races.
      The power is unknown, makes it hard to crunch the numbers.

Yes I had to use a piece of Lexan to cover the sunroof because my buddy Brandon needed a working sunroof for his car so I gave it to him. My old car was junk anyways and I knew I was going to cut it up for H2O. Every body panel was keyed and it had various dents so it was cheaper to get a new shell then to fix it. Yes it had some cut sheet metal mainly because I was experimenting seeing what things weighed. When the car belonged to Kurtis he swiss cheesed the hatch but that hatch had a big dent in it so I switched hatches before I cut his in half for the cabby. I made up the weight taking out the A/C, P/S, and race seat so I have no need to go overboard with that stuff now.

Airbox... really? Ohh I forgot you have to have a Turn2 intake and a huge exhaust to be knighted by the NA forum I just happened to spend 10 minutes to fab up something else cheaper that works.

Funny you say no show at the track when I'm there pretty often... please don't say I'm a no show just because we don't frequent the same track. I weighed my car each time I went and it was between 2425 - 2550 depending if I had the passenger seat in, tools in the back, gas, etc.. Honestly I don't really care about the races. I race to have fun when its not fun I go home or start drinking. I like to go to the track make a couple passes and head out, spending all day at the track really isn't that appealing to me. The only time I'll spend some time at the track is when I'm drinking watching a Real Street event but even that probably won't happen now since Jason made the change from 1/4 mile to 1/8th mile which doesn't interest me.

I'll dyno it one of these days... but I dont see how it's hard to crunch the numbers? ET and trap should speak for itself.

A fair number of people know the car, know what's done to it, and have seen it go down the track. So just because certain people haven't seen the car don't say most haven't seen it. I'm always out at all kinds of VW GTG's, events, etc..

Quote, originally posted by XXX008XXX »
      ok ok... i told him where to hide the bottle too

I wish then maybe it would feel fast... I'm honestly not sure how long I can stand being slow.

4. 12-23-2008 09:26 AM #214
      Quote, originally posted by skydaman »

I wish then maybe it would feel fast... I'm honestly not sure how long I can stand being slow.

put a bottle in over the winter,have you talked to joe about us getting on the dyno???

12-23-2008 09:41 AM #215
      Quote, originally posted by redskins98 »
      put a bottle in over the winter,have you talked to joe about us getting on the dyno???

Yeah a bottle to spool up a big turbo...

Yeah I thought Joe was going to have a dyno day but I know he was busy with recent events so I let it be. I'll see Brad today so I'll throw a bug in his ear because I know he wants to dyno his new car as well.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      Race car
      12-23-2008 10:03 AM #216
      Airbox... really? Ohh I forgot you have to have a Turn2 intake and a huge exhaust to be knighted by the NA forum I just happened to spend 10 minutes to fab up something else cheaper that works.

Hey, you don't have to be knighted to anything. I guess the masses just like to use what is proven to work really well, and I am sure not everyone uses that set up. I did the home intake with small exhaust for a long time, and got great results based on what it was. It's fun to be quicker with nothing, that's for damn sure. I can't deny what happened when I finally moved on though.

Yes, you are at the track. The comment about the 'no show' is based on how active you are in all the topics of drag racing their events, and just not there come race day.

I hear you on the numbers, but MPH can be off.
      A power just helps to lock it down even more.

Non of this is a big deal, you just asked what is what, and I didn't have the time to respond while I was at work yesterday. It's not just you, there is some talk of Crazydubman's car, and there was a lot of talk about WolfGTI's 20v car, all for different reasons.

This is just fact; some people hide things, some people are very up front, and then there are those who will always look for what isn't there. The later is so true, and that is coming from someone who was under magnifying glass by many for a long time.

7. 01-30-2009 09:22 AM #217
      um building a MK2 1985 2.0cc 8V NA for a drag, but u cant see any mk2 2.0 8v, in the NA top listed 1/4mile

01-30-2009 11:43 AM #218
      the masses just like to use what is proven to work really well,

ohh noes I finally got a Turn2 intake! and plug wires that aren't all cut up... and gasket matched the intake manifold/head and threw in a phenolic spacer and some other things to keep things cooler under the hood. Maybe it'll go faster now??

Vehicles
      01-30-2009 12:20 PM #219

ohh noes I finally got a Turn2 intake! and plug wires that aren't all cut up... and gasket matched the intake manifold/head and threw in a phenolic spacer and some other things to keep things cooler under the hood. Maybe it'll go faster now??

i smell 10s

10.30@145 .68 35R
      10.08@141 / 148
      Force Fed Engineering
      Lugtronic
      Boost Factory

01-30-2009 01:52 PM #220
      Quote, originally posted by XXX008XXX »
      i smell 10s

I'll be happy with a couple .10's

Vehicles
      All Motor 12v
      02-02-2009 05:23 PM #221
      So you are racing at Show-N-Go right?
      11.82@113 First and only All Motor 12v Street Car in the 11' s

02-02-2009 06:22 PM #222
      Quote, originally posted by vw1320 »
      So you are racing at Show-N-Go right?

Thats in Joosey? Probably not... cant stand it up there, something bad always happens. I sometimes go up for Waterfest but even that's lame now. I'd rather drive to Miami for their shows then go to Joosey. Had fun going down there for Volksblast last year!

I'm really looking for a reason to keep this car... and not finding any. I'll be at MIR opening week... after that who knows. I'm about sick of fiddling with this car and it still being slow... its time to step up.

13. 02-03-2009 07:26 AM #223
      has anyone got some good info on camshafts. i am currently running 258 / 264 on my 20v making good power but iv upt the comppression, to about 16.5:1 obviously running meth. i actually want find the disadvantages of running to mild a cam as appose to a wilder cam. MY 8V MADE MORE POWER WITH A 288 THAN A 302 degree cam with 13:1 comp ratio so im scared to go to wild. im prob posting this in the wrong place but direct me and ill disappear thanks guys

14. Member
      Vehicles
      Race car
      02-03-2009 02:07 PM #224
      Quote, originally posted by THE GOLF »
      im prob posting this in the wrong place but direct me and ill disappear thanks guys

Nah, this is a good place, no worries.
      I sent you an IM with some people you can contact.

Vehicles
      2004 R32
      02-12-2009 11:14 AM #225
      submitting mine..

60' - 1.880
      330 - 5.541
      1/8 - 8.600 @ 80.08mph
      1000' - 11.233
      1/4 - 13.440 @ 103.96mph

60' - 1.864
      330 - 5.550
      1/8 - 8.619 @ 80.13mph
      1000' - 11.250
      1/4 - 13.454 @ 104.15mph

2004 VW R32

3450lbs with me in it

dynoed 220awhp/215awtq on DynoJet

EvoMS V-Flow, Unitronic 1+, EIP 3in Resonated Exhaust, HPA SS
      17x7 OEM Longbeaches, Pirelli P-Zero Mud+Snow Tires

Black Magic R32 - Driver Mod
      RAWR - it means i love you in wookie

Vehicles
      96 Golf 83 Scirocco
      02-12-2009 11:24 AM #226
      This is fwd breh.
      How to build a relatively inexpensive, reliable, powerful VR6
      I am ready, I am

I want to buy some 4x100 15" Pininfarinas. If you have one of the few sets i've seen, please let me know.

Vehicles
      2004 R32
      02-12-2009 11:27 AM #227
      oops

Vehicles
      96 Golf 83 Scirocco
      02-12-2009 11:29 AM #228
      Not bad for the mods though
      I am ready, I am

I want to buy some 4x100 15" Pininfarinas. If you have one of the few sets i've seen, please let me know.

02-12-2009 01:31 PM #229
      Quote, originally posted by root beer »
      This is fwd breh.

Quote, originally posted by KoolTrix »
      oops

Not bad for the mods though

Just unplug the controller on the Haldex unit and run the 1320 in FWD mode... probably be faster if you get it out of the hole. Or if you dont feel like reaching under there turn off the traction control and pull up the ebrake one click while rolling up to the burnout box, do a FWD burnout roll up to the line and run in FWD mode.

PS - I met you at the track one day you went to MIR and I'm a DSD guy!

Vehicles
      2004 R32
      02-15-2009 01:37 PM #230
      I remember you sky.. i also met you at your place down at OceanCity when you were doing donuts in the miata.. i ran for my life like a lil girl..
      could have sworn you were gonna hop the curb and hit my R.

but luckily you controlled it

02-20-2009 12:02 PM #231
      Seems there's some haters talking about my car in the capital area... I guess people forget that I eventually hear what you say.

Track rental on March 1st at MIR if anyone wants to get a jump on the season or just come watch for themselves... $100 a car to race $10 to watch.

Vehicles
      96 Golf 83 Scirocco
      02-20-2009 01:18 PM #232
      Seeing as though i'm the only one here that's in the capital area, i'm going to assume you're speaking of my convo with haenszel.

Many still think your numbers are fishy. I was asking him about the car, no hate going on.

Not trying to get gangster.

I am ready, I am

02-20-2009 02:50 PM #233
      Seeing as though i'm the only one here that's in the capital area, i'm going to assume you're speaking of my convo with haenszel.

Many still think your numbers are fishy. I was asking him about the car, no hate going on.

Not trying to get gangster.

Actually thats not what I was talking about... but thanks

There are actually a lot of all motor guys in the capital area. Did you really think you were the only one?

Not trying to get ganster either but if they want to talk they should line up and back it up.

Vehicles
      96 Golf 83 Scirocco
      02-20-2009 03:19 PM #234
      Cool. Other than you, i think i'm the only other one that frequents this thread/actually runs their car?
      I am ready, I am

02-20-2009 04:57 PM #235
      Cool. Other than you, i think i'm the only other one that frequents this thread/actually runs their car?

Maybe my version of capital area is skewed...

Either way the track invite is open for those that wish to run their cars rather then their mouth.

26. Member
      Vehicles
      Race car
      02-21-2009 08:48 AM #236
      Anyone here plan on running in the Survival Series next month???
      Class NA (no swaps/no slicks) is perfect for any 12v VR6.

27. 02-23-2009 12:13 AM #237
      Seems there's some haters talking about my car in the capital area... I guess people forget that I eventually hear what you say.

lol

if youre talking about me, im not really a hater, I'll say it right here.

You present your car as if its a near stock weight mk3 and near stock vr6 running times that just arent going to happen at that state.

The way you presented the weight of the car was bull****, not you, not the car, but the weight.

And those same people who "brought it back to you" agreed that that's not a true weight for that car.

and its obvious i dont have a problme with you or i wouldnt have given you a ride when you broke your old car

07 TL-S 6MT & a CAAD10

Vehicles
      2004 R32
      02-23-2009 10:18 AM #238
      sky.. didnt you beat a stage2 sc r32?

02-23-2009 10:59 AM #239
      Quote, originally posted by Danza. »

You present your car as if its a near stock weight mk3 and near stock vr6 running times that just arent going to happen at that state.

The way you presented the weight of the car was bull****, not you, not the car, but the weight.

And those same people who "brought it back to you" agreed that that's not a true weight for that car.

and its obvious i dont have a problme with you or i wouldnt have given you a ride when you broke your old car

When did I ever "present" the car as near or at stock weight? I posted the results from the MIR scale every time I race which obviously shows its not a full weight MKIII. Considering I'm roughly 215lbs its common sense that a 2200lb MKIII isn't stock weight.

13.07 @ 103.51mph - Sky Watkins - 1995 GTI - 2.8L VR6 - 225/50 BFG - 2425 lbs. - Active

Please let me know when I ever said it was near or at stock weight? That's insane considering none of my VW's have ever been at stock weight. You should know that... they have all been stripped and modded. I have said over and over that I took most of the interior, rear seats, airbags, A/C, P/S, sway bars, installed a race seat, lighter exhaust, lightweight flywheel, etc..

Just sick of every time my cars get brought up someone has to say something or give some excuse. It's really getting old and its not my fault if you or others don't care enough about going faster. I'm willing to make the sacrifices to win the race.

The car is getting sold after the March 1st race so everyone can continue their schoolgirl gossip about someone else's car. I've just had enough with the way people act in VW racing. I purchased a big motor american car and have begun modding that. It's nice that those guys are happy to see people go faster and don't cry BS over every little thing.

Quote, originally posted by KoolTrix »
      sky.. didnt you beat a stage2 sc r32?

haha yes I'm not sure his exact mods but it was something like that.

30. 02-23-2009 12:16 PM #240

The new chassis is the same overall weight as the old one but I didn't have to cut anything and I had both stock front seats in/tools/etc in the car.

just had someone else cut it up before you got it? thats the kind of thing i was referring to.

I wasnt bickering or calling you out, if you knew me at all youd know i really couldnt care less. it was obvious when you first posted the car that the posts were not giving an accurate representation of the state of the car, im not the only one who thought so if you dig back through them.

enjoy the g8, theyre cool cars

07 TL-S 6MT & a CAAD10

02-23-2009 03:02 PM #241
      Quote, originally posted by Danza. »
      just had someone else cut it up before you got it? thats the kind of thing i was referring to.

I wasnt bickering or calling you out, if you knew me at all youd know i really couldnt care less. it was obvious when you first posted the car that the posts were not giving an accurate representation of the state of the car, im not the only one who thought so if you dig back through them.

enjoy the g8, theyre cool cars

Yes some runs I did have the stock seats and tools. I left the stock seats in and my tools in the back because I dont like leaving stuff laying around the track unless I have someone to leave it with. Don't feel like hundreds of $$ in tools and cordless impact walking off so it went down the track with me. If you notice some of my runs where near 2500lbs which reflected this, but I doubt it made even a full tenth of a difference.

Yepp Kurtis cut up the hatch in his car but it had a big dent in it so I swapped it out with my old one. He had already pulled the rear rebar and what not which was the same as my car. Not sure what else your referring to because my old car was cut up way more then Kurtis's ever was. This car doesn't have the rear seat bracket, side sheet metal, etc cut out like the old one did.

But I guess I can't remove a few pounds to make up for the fact that I don't have a carbon fiber hood, lighter wheels, slicks & skinnies, fancy intake manifolds, big exhausts, ported heads, valve jobs etc.. that other guys have. Gimmie a break, lets compare apples to apples.

Vehicles
      02-23-2009 03:26 PM #242
      i call B.S on the whole thing. i dont know why, but i just do 13.0 isnt even fast, so i dont know why everyone is so woried about it. its def. possible. i think if paul ran a radial he can do it now...
      10.30@145 .68 35R
      10.08@141 / 148
      Force Fed Engineering
      Lugtronic
      Boost Factory

33. 02-23-2009 06:09 PM #243
      /\ i agree... 13.0 is a good time for the VR, but why is it raising such a stink? I think I know why... Some people are able to get their cars down the track over a second faster than other people with the SAME mods. The only explanation for those people is that there is deception going on or it is impossible. it is NOT hard to make a VR6 run a 13.0 or 12.9 pass, but people make it out to be incredibly special. Alot of guys who participate in the VW drag game HIGHLY underestimate the Driver-Mod, the most important mod of all

34. 02-23-2009 10:04 PM #244
      i dont underestimate the driver portion of his times.

For me to be called out as "hater" which I'm not even sure people still do, I thought was kind of strange when all I said is that the car was lighter than presented. A fact supported by the PO telling me how the car was cut up?

If I'm wrong, so be it, I don't really care much beyond wishing some of these cars were out more often

07 TL-S 6MT & a CAAD10

Vehicles
      02-23-2009 11:04 PM #245
      ah so what if the car is cut up. its still probably more then 2200 lbs. my a2 fully gutted was 2280 with me in it, and the lightest i EVER got it down to was 2230 with a race seat and no PS etc... and we all know that mk2s are lighter then mk3s for some reason... thats a preetty good example. my mk3 is not cut, but doesnt have anythign in it either, and on race wheels with a dash it was 2480 with me in it. granted a 24v is heavier, but not by much. still i dont know why people say it cant be done. like i said give paul radials that are good and some seat time on them, i am sure he can run the same numbers as his car sits.
      10.30@145 .68 35R
      10.08@141 / 148
      Force Fed Engineering
      Lugtronic
      Boost Factory

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast