VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

The "Free to a good home" parts thread!!!!!

111K views 229 replies 124 participants last post by  ChuckE 
#1 ·
Okay at the request of many of you I am going to enact the "free to a good home" parts thread right here on the front page.
Here is what this thread is for. This is a thread where you as the "giver" can offer up to people parts that you might have squirelled away that you would like to donate to someone in need of such a thing. This is not a front page FS thread nor is it a "want to buy" or WTB thread so please if you have things that you are requesting post those in the Scirocco parts forum found elsewhere on the forum.
When the part is mailed, shipped or picked up please report your post to me (your loyal moderator) and then I will delete the post and everyone will be happy... and you don't want me unhappy believe me.

To everyone involved please be fair in your descriptions when offering the part(s) up and to those that are recipients no sour grapes if it isn't perfect because hopefully in the spirit of giving we can help each other keep these cars on the road.
Carry on.

See less See more
#150 · (Edited)
i have some NA bumpers rebars, and a front bumper skin (black)... if no one calls them they will become scrap soon. as in, before christmas...

pm for info/ pics/ whatev.

#151 ·
Got a set of stock Scirocco 16V springs that were removed this weekend. Shipping is the only thing you'd pay for these. I really don't want to toss them since someone, somewhere, could use them. PM if interested. I'm in Southern New Jersey.

This post has been deleted
#152 ·
Not a Scirocco part per se, but it helps keep them running right. I have a basic timing gun that I bought several years ago from AutoZone. They still sell this model for $40. I actually have it posted for sale for $15 on my local Craigslist but I'd really rather get it to another Scirocco owner that can use it. Not asking for anything, not even shipping cost...just want it out of my cramped garage.

It works awesome, and I've used it many times without issues. The outer case is still in good shape but there is one small area near the front where I accidentally hit the spinning alternator fan. Kind of scuffed up right there but it works great. I bought an adjustable timing light for over $100 so this one is no longer needed.

Pics!

If I remove this it means it sold locally. I got a lot of help with various cars with this simple light and hopefully someone here can get the same use out of it. PM me and I'll be happy to ship it out from my work.

:popcorn:
PM sent

#158 · (Edited)
Alright, I tried making some money off these parts with no luck:(. So instead of tossing them I'll just post them on here and hope someone can find some use for the parts.

All parts came off my 87 16V

90A Alternator (Worked fine, replaced for piece of mind)
Stock cams (Intake and Exhaust, with Springs and stock cam gear)
Bosch ignition coil (Worked fine just upgraded to a MSD coil)
Stock radio (Worked fine, locked up when I removed don't have the code)
Front Bumper cover in Red and Rebar (Not willing to ship, local pick up only, few scratches)

Just pay for shipping and it's yours, it's just taking up space in my place. Help me clear space in my place please :D

#165 ·
Scirocco 1985

Hi there,
I just bought a Wolfsburg 83 Scirocco, but the guy who sold it to me included a 85 model minus the body. I have no room for it all so I'll keep the big parts (doors, engine, transmission), but I'm willing to pretty much give the rest away. I'll post the exact model, I have the info somewhere on an old bill. I live in Montreal.

Cheers

#169 ·
The plastic that goes around the rear license plate and a plastic trim piece for the front bumper. These are from a '80 S, so the trim might be different. The other stuff goes around the radiator, and I think the large piece goes under the dash...might not even be for a Scirocco, I can't remember.

This post has been deleted
#174 ·
Okay at the request of many of you I am going to enact the "free to a good home" parts thread right here on the front page.Here is what this thread is for. This is a thread where you as the "giver" can offer up to people parts that you might have squirelled away that you would like to donate to someone in need of such a thing. This is not a front page FS thread nor is it a "want to buy" or WTB thread so please if you have things that you are requesting post those in the Scirocco parts forum found elsewhere on the forum.
When the part is mailed, shipped or picked up please report your post to me (your loyal moderator) and then I will delete the post and everyone will be happy... and you don't want me unhappy believe me.

To everyone involved please be fair in your descriptions when offering the part(s) up and to those that are recipients no sour grapes if it isn't perfect because hopefully in the spirit of giving we can help each other keep these cars on the road.
Carry on.

I just thought I would reiterate the spirit and intent of this thread.

This thread is primarily for people who have parts squirreled away that they would like to GIVE away in the charitable manner of this fine sub-forum.

It is not for parts requests; please don't post in the thread looking for free parts.

Thanks and have a great Thanksgiving. :)

#176 · (Edited)
I still can't believe no one wants my door!
It could be that it is too much trouble - not the drive, but to click on the previous page
to determine where you live. A whole 5 seconds to reload the page.

Driving a BLACK Scirocco. I have nearly been backed into at night when squarely behind a car leaving a parking spot. I was HIT by an idiot driving a car backing out of a spot, who then peeled away post crash - at least it cost him at a minimum the deductible for a newish car.

My car needs the door, but it is a 1700 mile round trip to the Schenectady Albany area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.