wat rims are those
Hello everyone, I am the proud new owner of a completely stock Indigo Blue/beige leather 2003 Passat W8 6-speed. I previously owned two VWs - a black/tan 1999 Jetta VR6 that I bought in 2001 and a sky blue/black 1969 Beetle I owned in high school in the early 80s.
i just got my B5.5 Passat recently so all i have done so far is suspension and wheels.
this past weekend i installed BBS Style 5s and it looks sexy.
JOM adjustable coilover Suspension makes her very lowww!!! Me Gusta.
this was the same day i had the coils installed.
this was the best day of my life. BBS Install
BBS Style 5 090 17"x8
Falken ZE-912s 205/45/17
Smoked Corner Lights
18" Racing Hart Evolution F10s
LED bulbs replaced all around, inside and out. I even replaced the little parking light right above the high beams.
Last edited by juice2288; 03-13-2012 at 06:08 AM.
Play-by-play (in the order added):
- Phatnoise 20GB DMP (with AC/DC "Back in Black" as Disc One/Track One)
- Black MojoMats with White PASSAT Logo (for dress up days)
- Inpro Chrome Mirror Covers
- Redline Leather Shift Boot
- DubStop M3-style Trunk Lip Spoiler
- Fifth OE Vancouver 16x7 Wheel for Spare
- Polished Stainless TOKSPEED Lower Grille Center Frame
- S5 Style TOKSPEED Fog Lamp Chrome Trim Rings
- Deck Lid Mounted Audi OE Warning Triangle
- New Beetle Sunglasses Holder
- MonsterMats for Driver and Passenger
- Votex Rubber Floor Mats for Rear Passengers
- VVME Ultra Slim 4300K HIDs for Projector Headlamps
- VVME Ultra Slim 3000K HIDs for Fogs
- Ziza Ultra White City Light LEDs
- 5mm chrome trim for W8 interior accent (I had installed 1/4" but it was too thick, so I sourced some 5mm from Bulgaria!)
- BlueSTAR VW A2DP enabled bluetooth module for analog OnStar (this converted my dead OnStar system peripherals into a hands-free bluetooth interface with my iPhone, A2DP streams playlists from my iTunes or apps like Pandora One through wireless connection)
- 5000K white LED license plate lights
- Bilstein PSS9s (installed Saturday 24 March with VAGGuy)
- Custom Self-opening Trunk Mod (fabricated parts from stainless steel, sourced springs and buffers from Audi parts)
- Votex Cargo Net
- RH AD Cups 17x8s (summers)
- Continental Extreme Contact DW 225/45/ZR17s (summers)
- H&R DRA Series 20mm Spacers (fronts) and H&R DRA Series 25mm Spacers (rears) (for installation of refinished RH AD Cups above)
- Logjam 2-Channel Auto Sensing Audio Switcher (plays A2DP stream by default through Monsoon CD changer harness, else Phatbox if no signal is detected)
- Custom Aluminum Pedal Covers (in production, expected by 7 April 2012)
- W8 FIS Cluster Swap (have to send to get VIN and ECU info transplanted from OE cluster next month)
- Genuine Audi TT Caliper Carriers (to install A8 brake rotors with brake servicing next month)
* new since January 2012.
Some maintenance changes that have refreshed her insides and outsides a bit along the way:
- Polished headlights to like brand new crystal clear again (3M Restoration Kit)
- Removed the silly dealer installed pinstripe
- Re-shod the OE Vancouver 16x7s in 205/55R-16 Dunlop SP Sport Signature Tires (getting restored and refinished to like new, will henceforth be my winter shoes)
Some stuff I already have that I am waiting for a sunny day to do:
- Funk Button (going to use this to power an aux input switch relay to use BlueSTAR A2DP streaming and Phatbox 20GB as A/B sources)
- Wurth Silver and Clear lacquers to touch up curb rash on two OE Vancouver wheels and to refinish my shifter knob
On my active buy/short list:
- 312mm Front Disc Brake Conversion (using TT caliper carriers already acquired above)
- Comfort blink module
- Custom LED Tails
- LED interior lamp conversions
- OE Hella W8 Bi-xenon Headlights
- MFD Navi-G Double DIN
Want to do but not on my short list yet:
- RS4 Engine Mounts
- Wood trim refinishing to a dark poplar with silver particulates
- PES Supercharger
- Three spoke R-line steering wheel
Projects I have in development:
- Custom stainless steel self-opening trunk mod, interesteds list assembling on PassatWorld (stainless sample in production at machinist as of 29 March 2012)
- Custom LED tails for B5.5 sedans and wagons, and B5 sedans, interesteds list assembling on PassatWorld (hi-flux LEDs on my bench as of 29 March 2012 for prototype production)
Last edited by keithwbloom; 03-30-2012 at 08:11 AM.
the rest is still in progress
Miro 111s 19x9.5 with 235 35 19s
I'm willing to bet you won't see another W8 with these wheels, they required some good modification to fit without spacers. I'm get better pics soon.
I want to change ATF. I really appreciate if you specifically answer the following questions.
Car is 1.8t, 1998, SW, 249.000 miles.
Transmission shifts nice, although rarely downshifts are harder.
1-) FEBI ATF versus PENTOSIN?
I have searched a lot about the two brands. The cheapest Pentosin G 052 162 A2 is 15.00$ at O'Reilly Atlanta. Febi G 052 162 A2 is 13$ online order shipping included.
Considering it will take around 7 quarts, which brand is preferable?.
(Then there is the German brand from Blaupart. http://www.blauparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=F2A1007-F
2-) ATF IN TORQUE CONVERTER?
I want to remove the entire fluid from the transmission. How am I going to drain the ATF in torque converter? If I did this, how much more ATF do I need besides 6 QT?
And for those asking about camber and adjustable control arms, here is how much camber you get with stock control arms.
I got a 99' BMP sedan. It's a v6 so not much can be done to it. Sucks. Just got in march so pretty much stock.
all black grill w/black emblem
vortex roof rack
wood trunk as of next weekend!
2.5" magnaflow with no resonator (sounds good)
stock and stock
racelands by september though, and on market for BBS RS's (reps I'm poor)
Here's a vid of exhaust and some pics.