Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Thor, Captain America, and The Avengers

1. 07-02-2012 02:13 PM #526
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      I hated Scott Pilgrim the first time I saw it, but upon subsequent viewings I really started to like it. Watching it for the plot is a waste of time, but keeping up with all the gags and in-jokes definitely makes it awesome.
      Just watched SPvtW. I dig that movie a lot. Hilarious flick. As for the Avengers, I definitely want to see it, but I'm wholly content with waiting for DVD release, or re-release. I've never been a huge fan of superhero stuff. Comics, books, outerwear, movies, phone apps, haircuts, tattoos... Whatever. I'll get around to it, though.

There is something else I need to see first, anyway, just on GP.
      I'm really just here for the pancakes.
      I'm Sorry Hachi... I love you.

2. 07-23-2012 11:16 AM #527
      Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
      Natalie Portman should have been billed as Natalie Pointless. She's fairly irrelevant except as a strained excuse for Thor's motivation to become a better "man". Brannagh gave her absolutely nothing to work with. I think the range of her emotions began and ended with making horny eyes at Hemsworth.
      Streamed Thor last night on Netflix and completely agree. Complete throw-away role. She was mostly just annoying in the movie, brought nothing. And yes, we saw Avengers/Ironman and are now backfilling with Thor, Capt America and Hulk

Vehicles
      1994 Ford Temp GL
      07-31-2012 04:47 PM #528
      Behold Thanos!

** EDIT ** Apparently this was included with some, but not all, of the screenings. Having not seen the film yet, I was unaware.
      Last edited by Minker17; 07-31-2012 at 04:50 PM.
      Rick
      1994 Ford Tempo GL

07-31-2012 05:31 PM #529
      Quote Originally Posted by Minker17 View Post
      Behold Thanos!

** EDIT ** Apparently this was included with some, but not all, of the screenings. Having not seen the film yet, I was unaware.
      Pretty sure this was at the end of the credits in every single showing. I never heard anyone say that it wasn't.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Fiat 500, 1984 VW Vanagon, 2007 Kia Rondo
      08-01-2012 06:56 PM #530
      Quote Originally Posted by mawingo View Post
      Streamed Thor last night on Netflix and completely agree. Complete throw-away role. She was mostly just annoying in the movie, brought nothing. And yes, we saw Avengers/Ironman and are now backfilling with Thor, Capt America and Hulk
      Yep, totally agree - she was probably the one major thing that I didn't like with Thor. I finally saw Captain America on Netflix last night (it's available for streaming now) and thought it was OK. Still haven't seen The Avengers.

Vehicles
      2002 1.8T GTI
      08-09-2012 01:22 PM #531
      Whedon is signed to direct the Avengers 2 AND a live action Marvel Televison Series!

What awesome effin news this! wooohooo
      OTC

Vehicles
      DD: Mazda3 O: Explorer | Uncertified Preowned: Sportage, xB, Golf GL
      08-09-2012 07:08 PM #532
      Quote Originally Posted by Run L1ke H3LL View Post
      Whedon is signed to direct the Avengers 2 AND a live action Marvel Televison Series!

What awesome effin news this! wooohooo
      Carried by Fox?

It'll fall on ABC... then to ABCF.
      ITT: People who ask for advice and completely ignore it.
      Stop making things idiot-proof. We're just making better idiots. Not the way we need to be going.
      //// @mbull //// blog //// instagram ////

Vehicles
      '03 VW Jetta GLS; '08 GSX-R 750; '13 F150
      09-02-2012 05:42 PM #533
      Avengers disc set

Vehicles
      07 Fahrenheit GTI, 03 Mountaineer
      09-03-2012 12:06 AM #534
      Quote Originally Posted by mawingo View Post
      That was poor writing and directing. You really can't blame Natalie Portman for that. In her other two recent roles, she was really good in No Strings Attached as a romantic comedy fluff movie and she won a best actress Oscar for a serious dramatic part in Black Swan.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      Titanium A4
      01-10-2013 09:16 AM #535
      Finally saw this last night. Not sure if it's because I never read any of the comics or saw most of the setup movies, but this movie did almost nothing for me. I was the most odd combination of awesome (action scenes, effects, costumes) and dreadful (villans, forced comedy, schizophrenic editing, plot) I think I've ever seen in a single movie. It was half $200 million blockbuster and half Sci-Fi channel miniseries all at the same time.

I dozed off halfway through with my 5.1 system at peak volume.
      Gentlemen, you had my curiosity. But now you have my attention.

Vehicles
      07 Fahrenheit GTI, 03 Mountaineer
      01-10-2013 09:40 AM #536
      Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
      Finally saw this last night. Not sure if it's because I never read any of the comics or saw most of the setup movies, but this movie did almost nothing for me. I was the most odd combination of awesome (action scenes, effects, costumes) and dreadful (villans, forced comedy, schizophrenic editing, plot) I think I've ever seen in a single movie. It was half $200 million blockbuster and half Sci-Fi channel miniseries all at the same time.

I dozed off halfway through with my 5.1 system at peak volume.
      The problem is that the movie doesn't stand alone. You had to have seen Ironman, Ironman 2, Captain America, and Thor first.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      Titanium A4
      01-10-2013 10:48 AM #537
      Right. But given how much $ it made here and overseas, I have to assume large percentages of those who saw it did not see all the setup movies. The action scenes and special effects were truly blockbuster level and well done, which may be what generated the wide appeal. The negatives just distracted from the positives too often for me.
      Gentlemen, you had my curiosity. But now you have my attention.

13. Member
      01-10-2013 02:04 PM #538
      I don't think you would have enjoyed it even if you'd seen the setup movies
      Sim Simmer.
      Keys.
      Bimmer.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516