Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Results 946 to 980 of 1432

    Thread: Show Off Your Road Cycle

    1. 02-20-2012 01:57 PM #946
      ^^ she looks like serious business

    2. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2003
      Location
      Northern VA
      Posts
      1,171
      02-23-2012 07:47 PM #947
      Quote Originally Posted by Burque View Post
      My E1 Colnago built up in 05. My wife left me for another man and I got this. I got the better deal



      Love the bike! Now go wrap your bars...

    3. 02-26-2012 04:31 PM #948
      ^ Idk about the power theory on that one.. I'd look into getting a fit as you might be losing some power with that position.


      Got my new team bike yesterday. Love it so much I think I might keep it.


    4. 02-26-2012 10:34 PM #949
      ^Skeet Skeet!!!

    5. Member Holden McNeil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2004
      Location
      Morris County, NJ
      Posts
      11,344
      Vehicles
      2013 Fiat 500 Turbo
      02-27-2012 05:45 PM #950
      Quote Originally Posted by Come Original View Post
      ^ Idk about the power theory on that one.. I'd look into getting a fit as you might be losing some power with that position.


      Got my new team bike yesterday. Love it so much I think I might keep it.


    6. Member wunderdub's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 28th, 2009
      Location
      OPSEC
      Posts
      472
      Vehicles
      2004 RS .:R, 2004 Fuji Professional
      02-27-2012 09:04 PM #951


      Just picked it up yesterday, caught a good deal at $650, might as well replace the Motobecane and Sora components. Not that big of a rider yet, hopefully will hold me over for a while.

      2011 Scott S30 with Neuvation wheels and 105 pedals

    7. 02-27-2012 09:48 PM #952

      Took some pics on the iPhone tonight. Collegiate race season starts next weekend woot!

    8. 02-27-2012 11:57 PM #953


      Uploaded with ImageShack.us

      picked this up for my wife today...everything included ...Specialized Allez

      (kitten already lives here lol)

    9. Junior Member CAJUNDUBS's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 15th, 2009
      Location
      Richmond, Va
      Posts
      68
      Vehicles
      '72 Super Beetle, '70 Westfalia, '87 GLI,'87 GTI,'93 Jetta 3,*'87 GLI-GT*
      02-29-2012 01:02 AM #954
      got a '73 FUJI that I'm taking off the hooks come spring-time...it's been retired since '91...total re-build....

    10. Member woodrowstar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 17th, 2005
      Location
      Southern Md
      Posts
      7,496
      Vehicles
      86 Cabbie, 82 Rabbit
      02-29-2012 10:10 PM #955
      Mine qualify?

    11. Member breane24's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 8th, 2007
      Location
      Florida
      Posts
      4,392
      Vehicles
      04 DBP R32
      03-01-2012 12:24 AM #956
      I've been learning as I go... My fiance said, "Find a bike for less than $300."
      So, after countless disappointments. I found a bike, which is the cost of some folks brakes, or one wheel...


      A guy walked up to me at a gas station and said, "Nice.. Gti.. ... Oh, NICE BIKE!" - I waited until I rode away to laugh. 'sir, its not a gti, and its a cheap bike'


      I bought the bike from Walmart, since cycling is not that popular in Corpus Christi. I couldn't find a used bike for a decent price. And the places around here only sell new... Plus, I didn't want to spend countless g's on a bike, if I didn't get serious. Turns out, I'm already loving it!

      I am training for the MS 150. Never really ridden before - I currently can do 5-14miles no issues. I pace myself, with intervals. I have until October to be ready for the MS 150. I might look into a new saddle before then...
      Go ahead talk smack about my cheap, and ugly bike.

      I'm still trying to figure out how to get some clips. My feet have slipped twice, talk about the pits! Being a college student, who is unemployed - really puts dampers on spending...


      _______________________________________
      I rode the bike for a week, before I got it properly tuned. After I got it tuned, and the front brake finally fixed - I was seriously zipping. I took 2 minutes off my first 5.11miles. Overall, the bike is light in my opinion... and I trust it to stay in one piece the first time I lay it down.




      We all start somewhere, this is MY starting point
      1999 Jetta VR6 - Totaled.
      1991 Gti VR6 - Sold/ Totaled.
      2006 Jetta 2.0t - Totaled.
      2004 R32 3.2- Purchased 10/31/2009 with 99k, currently 196,800!

    12. Member BIG EYE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 20th, 2001
      Location
      San Diego, CA
      Posts
      4,844
      Vehicles
      2010 Airguan SEL
      03-05-2012 01:12 PM #957
      Snapped a couple new pics of my Tarmac with my phone while out for a ride this last weekend.





    13. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 31st, 2011
      Location
      Louisville, KY
      Posts
      1,077
      Vehicles
      2014 Focus ST and lots of bicycles
      03-10-2012 08:43 PM #959
      Quote Originally Posted by wunderdub View Post


      Just picked it up yesterday, caught a good deal at $650, might as well replace the Motobecane and Sora components. Not that big of a rider yet, hopefully will hold me over for a while.

      2011 Scott S30 with Neuvation wheels and 105 pedals
      I like it!

      I bought a 2012 s30 last Saturday, and then went out of town on business for a week. Took it out on a VERY short ride today, finally. I think I'm going to really get into road bikes.

      Last edited by GoRacers; 03-10-2012 at 08:46 PM.

    14. Member theuean's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 11th, 2000
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      7,270
      Vehicles
      13 Rabbits, 92 GTI 16v, Passat 1.8t
      03-11-2012 12:03 AM #960
      I don't ride it nearly enough but the weather is getting warmer and I am becoming less of a wuss

      Sean
      formerly Speedemon

    15. 03-11-2012 01:58 AM #961
      Quote Originally Posted by breane24 View Post
      I've been learning as I go... My fiance said, "Find a bike for less than $300."
      So, after countless disappointments. I found a bike, which is the cost of some folks brakes, or one wheel...
      We all start somewhere, this is MY starting point
      You'll be fine for the MS150! I started biking in 2011 January and was ready for the Houston>Austin one in April 2011. I thought the group I was riding with was going to be pretty fast so I trained quite a bit. It turned out that my 16mph speed was above average for the vast majority of the riders there. I even left the group because I was getting more fatigued holding back my speed for them. The ride is extremely well supported and there is almost no way you're left alone (SAG, endless stream of fellow riders).

      And we all start somewhere Nice bike. Have fun riding! I'm sure upgrade-itis will bite you soon...

    16. Member SpeedyD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 9th, 1999
      Location
      Lexington, KY
      Posts
      4,730
      Vehicles
      2010 VW CC Sport
      03-11-2012 07:53 AM #962
      Quote Originally Posted by breane24 View Post
      My fiance said, "Find a bike for less than $300."
      You're not even married yet, and she's telling you what to do? RUN NOW.
      Sent from my basement using two tin cans and a string.

    17. Member wunderdub's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 28th, 2009
      Location
      OPSEC
      Posts
      472
      Vehicles
      2004 RS .:R, 2004 Fuji Professional
      03-12-2012 01:55 AM #963
      Quote Originally Posted by MachineVision View Post
      I like it!

      I bought a 2012 s30 last Saturday, and then went out of town on business for a week. Took it out on a VERY short ride today, finally. I think I'm going to really get into road bikes.

      Nice, yeah its a good bike, I like it way better compared to the first roadie I had, first ride on it was 34 miles and it felt great. I put dual bottle cages on the back and left one cage in the frame.

      Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

    18. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 3rd, 2001
      Location
      south jersey
      Posts
      19,117
      03-12-2012 01:58 AM #964
      Quote Originally Posted by sitn2low View Post
      Giant tcx 2

      too funny, that's almost my same setup only I have a DEFY2. Same Silver MKIV GTI with a roof-rack and Giant on top though.

    19. 03-12-2012 10:37 AM #965
      Quote Originally Posted by synthsis View Post
      too funny, that's almost my same setup only I have a DEFY2. Same Silver MKIV GTI with a roof-rack and Giant on top though.
      lol....yeah nothing like combining my two favorite hobbies.....

      I am relatively new to cycling, last year i would drive around with my roof rack with nothing on it.... this year i decided to participate in the www.conquercancer.ca with my wife.... and POW, roof rack is now going to be used! what a difference a year makes

    20. 03-19-2012 11:08 PM #966
      '83 Sport SS



      and my '88 in the foreground



      '10 1.5


    21. Member woodrowstar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 17th, 2005
      Location
      Southern Md
      Posts
      7,496
      Vehicles
      86 Cabbie, 82 Rabbit
      03-21-2012 01:02 AM #967
      ^How tall are you?

    22. 04-07-2012 10:47 AM #968
      Quote Originally Posted by jdp211 View Post
      Took some pics on the iPhone tonight. Collegiate race season starts next weekend woot!
      Crashed and cracked the day after this pic was taken. Being replaced with this (or now with more pink):

    23. Member Golf20V's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2002
      Location
      Monroe OH
      Posts
      1,987
      Vehicles
      12 JSW TDI, 10 Subaru Outback
      04-08-2012 10:15 PM #969

    24. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 20th, 2000
      Location
      Northern Virginia
      Posts
      4,554
      Vehicles
      2013 Ford Focus ST3, 2005 Subaru Legacy Wagon GT Limited 5-speed, 2004 BMW R1150R
      04-08-2012 11:04 PM #970
      Nothing fancy -- just a 2009 Trek 2.3:



      Put more than 1,200 miles on it since January. Works for me!

    25. Member breane24's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 8th, 2007
      Location
      Florida
      Posts
      4,392
      Vehicles
      04 DBP R32
      04-11-2012 11:46 AM #971
      Quote Originally Posted by auditt2t View Post
      You'll be fine for the MS150! I started biking in 2011 January and was ready for the Houston>Austin one in April 2011. I thought the group I was riding with was going to be pretty fast so I trained quite a bit. It turned out that my 16mph speed was above average for the vast majority of the riders there. I even left the group because I was getting more fatigued holding back my speed for them. The ride is extremely well supported and there is almost no way you're left alone (SAG, endless stream of fellow riders).

      And we all start somewhere Nice bike. Have fun riding! I'm sure upgrade-itis will bite you soon...
      I've been riding with two groups here locally in Corpus. Both are apart of Iquack if you've ever heard of them. Or formally known as CC SouthSide Cycling. The one group that I ride with is a pace of 9mph, and 15miles. After about a month and a half - I decided this was no longer a challenge and I was quite bored.
      So, last weekend I finally got the guts to join the 14-18mph, 25mile group. Which is more of the 'expert' type riders. It was quite the windy day and they did a good job at shielding me from the wind and ensuring someone was helping by letting me draft off of them. If 16mph, is fast in standards for MS 150 .... I'm gonna be zipping on past a bunch of people by the time October comes around. I'm thinking by Oct, I should be about 20mph, if not more...



      Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyD View Post
      You're not even married yet, and she's telling you what to do? RUN NOW.
      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, (YOU'RE DUMB!) FIANCE = MALE FIANCEE = FEMALE Don't believe me, click http://bit.ly/IzffJm
      And yes, I go to school - and for work - I do a work study through school. So, its his money. NOT mine I would be spending.
      1999 Jetta VR6 - Totaled.
      1991 Gti VR6 - Sold/ Totaled.
      2006 Jetta 2.0t - Totaled.
      2004 R32 3.2- Purchased 10/31/2009 with 99k, currently 196,800!

    26. Member gls:maverick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 18th, 2005
      Location
      Howell MI
      Posts
      1,215
      Vehicles
      1996 Toyota Taco; 2004 MKIV TR .:R32, 2010 BMW X5D, 2012 Scott Foil 30
      04-17-2012 02:13 PM #972
      I can finally join the ranks here. Its my first road bike but I have been getting in 15-20 mile rides on an old rigid mtn c-dale; so I think it will be a welcome change.

      This isn't my personal bike but I ordered this exact bike Saturday and hopefully it comes in tomorrow and I can get fitted and start riding. I will put up some shots when I get it.

      A little Japanese, two Germans and a Swiss two wheeler

    27. Member 2.0smurf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 7th, 2006
      Location
      NJ
      Posts
      2,387
      04-18-2012 09:40 AM #973
      Quote Originally Posted by gls:maverick View Post
      I can finally join the ranks here. Its my first road bike but I have been getting in 15-20 mile rides on an old rigid mtn c-dale; so I think it will be a welcome change.

      This isn't my personal bike but I ordered this exact bike Saturday and hopefully it comes in tomorrow and I can get fitted and start riding. I will put up some shots when I get it.

      Wow, that is a beautiful bike man!

    28. 04-21-2012 02:40 PM #974
      that is some eye candy right there ^^^

    29. Member BattleRabbit's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 28th, 2007
      Location
      Albany, NY
      Posts
      7,600
      Vehicles
      DKW Munga
      04-21-2012 03:10 PM #975
      You guys are all making me jealous!

      I busted my hand, and my pinkie/ring finger are set perpendicular to my palm. My hand no longer fits behind the brake levers on any of my bikes! All these stunning bikes make me want to upgrade my plebe-specials.


      1981 Le Tour, Suntour Accushift-Dura Ace mix


      Motobecane Sprint. Ultegra equipped. ~19lbs all up.


      The offending limb
      Last edited by BattleRabbit; 04-21-2012 at 03:15 PM.
      1998 VW Golf Mk.III 5dr/1989 Saab 900 Sedan/1960 Porsche 356B T5/1980 Honda CM400E

    30. Member fiatjeepdriver's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 22nd, 2005
      Location
      Southern Oregon
      Posts
      1,747
      Vehicles
      71 Fiat 850, 88 Saab 900s, 97 Ranger, 01 JGC
      04-22-2012 07:51 PM #976
      Well I picked up a new bike today. I really wasn't looking for one but found this 1985 trek 600 for $120 and figured it was too good of a deal to pass up, plus I've wanted an older steel trek for a while.















      The bike is in decent shape overall with full shimano 600, it will be a while before I get to it but it should be a fun bike when I need a change of pace.
      Last edited by fiatjeepdriver; 04-22-2012 at 08:03 PM.

    31. Member gls:maverick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 18th, 2005
      Location
      Howell MI
      Posts
      1,215
      Vehicles
      1996 Toyota Taco; 2004 MKIV TR .:R32, 2010 BMW X5D, 2012 Scott Foil 30
      04-23-2012 03:05 PM #977
      The bike finally came in on Saturday morning and I picked it up Saturday afternoon. I built the rack its setting in on Sunday and it will go in the bed of my truck Wednesday after I get the topper off. I took it for a quick 10 minute spin last night and its very awesome; I have zero buyers remorse on this one. I think it will finally kick my butt into some serious road riding.

      A little Japanese, two Germans and a Swiss two wheeler

    32. Member Holden McNeil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2004
      Location
      Morris County, NJ
      Posts
      11,344
      Vehicles
      2013 Fiat 500 Turbo
      04-24-2012 08:00 AM #978
      Best of luck with the Foil! Of all the bikes I've ridden over the past year, the Foil is still my favorite!

    33. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 31st, 2011
      Location
      Louisville, KY
      Posts
      1,077
      Vehicles
      2014 Focus ST and lots of bicycles
      04-24-2012 08:10 AM #979
      Quote Originally Posted by gls:maverick View Post
      The bike finally came in on Saturday morning and I picked it up Saturday afternoon. I built the rack its setting in on Sunday and it will go in the bed of my truck Wednesday after I get the topper off. I took it for a quick 10 minute spin last night and its very awesome; I have zero buyers remorse on this one. I think it will finally kick my butt into some serious road riding.

      That. Bike. Is. Awesome.

      I just bought my first, but that Foil is definitely #1 on my list to upgrade to in 1-2 years.

    34. 04-24-2012 08:32 PM #980
      any issues with the seatpost on the foil? that yellow is stunning!

    Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •