Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 6 of 113 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Slot cars and Radio Control cars

1. 09-11-2008 05:02 AM #176
      I just missed out on a 2nd hand integrated amp, so I have money to burn lah.
      Quote Originally Posted by KGB View Post
      China's birthrate currently sits at 12/1000 = 18,000,000 this year, so your Rolex values are safe for now.

09-11-2008 05:26 AM #177
      Quote, originally posted by TheHamofMam »
      I just missed out on a 2nd hand integrated amp, so I have money to burn lah.

I'm thinking about selling my amp to buy one of these LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Stubby, Esq. View Post
      buy both, save time.

3. 09-11-2008 05:56 AM #178
      Quote, originally posted by IML337 »
      SIK DRIFTING AND HELLIS OIYULLEH

sik! can you do the hellis on a 2wd unit like the frog?

oh crap, all this tamtech-stuff got to me. placed an order for something a little different

4. Banned
      09-11-2008 08:17 AM #179
      Quote, originally posted by The Samaritan »
      sik! can you do the hellis on a 2wd unit like the frog?

When i got mine home much like the review i read online the rear suspension was especially light much more than the very heavy front and it wouldnt do a heli in the small area i was playing with it at home only drift about a little but i thought it might when i got it in a larger space

but in my boredom i took to tuning the stock suspension as i have to wait on internet parts, it comes with a couple of spring spacer thingies to firm it up, so i put 2 of the larger ones on the back dampers, and changed the position of the rear dampers to the most upright spot and now it does helis like a mad man I guess i dont need the dampers i ordered after all but ahh well haha

haha holy jesus i also discovered - when my im playing with the tamtech, my mouse on my PC stops working hahaha crazy

Also, once remote is off, my mouse controls the frog haha crazy ****

Modified by Stubz at 4:54 AM 9-11-2008

5. 09-11-2008 09:05 AM #180
      Quote, originally posted by Stubz »

Also, once remote is off, my mouse controls the frog haha crazy ****

hahaha... i was just abt to ask whether it worked the other way around

Vehicles
      MY08 WRX (SGP) Mk II GTI (AUS)
      09-11-2008 11:09 AM #181
      I just hit the jackpot - a very good mate of mine from Sydney is in town for work and he just told me he has an original Hornet in the cupboard from when he was a kid, and I can have it

It has one broken part which he described to me and it sounds like you could buy it off the shelf in a good hobby store. It's the drive wheel on the end of the shaft coming out of the motor - it slips on the shaft sometimes. Dead easy to sort, surely

Modified by IML337 at 1:18 AM 9-12-2008

7. 09-13-2008 01:01 AM #182
      to all experienced RC freaks, opinions and thoughts over ready made cars from GS Racing or Kyosho would be appreciated

8. 09-13-2008 01:04 AM #183
      they're sorta pepsi max, no partagas

9. Senior Member
      09-13-2008 01:39 AM #184
      RTR cars are alright now that we are older and have a lot less time. They can still be fully striped down. I have bought 4 RTR cars in the last 2 years, which is just as well. If I bought a kit, I don't know when I will build it!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bookie View Post
      gt2 is a luxury car, yes.

10. 09-13-2008 02:46 AM #185
      Quote, originally posted by WAY »
      I have bought 4 RTR cars in the last 2 years...

type & make

11. Senior Member
      09-13-2008 12:05 PM #186
      Kyosho Mini Inferno (electric), Mini Inferno (gas), Jato 3.3, Kyosho Aston Martin DB9R (gave it away as I didn't have the space to play)...not to mention a few micro cars like the one Mike loves so much haha
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bookie View Post
      gt2 is a luxury car, yes.

09-14-2008 12:20 AM #187
      I just hit the jackpot - a very good mate of mine from Sydney is in town for work and he just told me he has an original Hornet in the cupboard from when he was a kid, and I can have it

A dude at work just offered me 4 80's cars in bits including a Frog and a Hornet. That is if his Dad didn't chuck them out in some cleaning fit like he did to his mint 80's PK Ripper BMX

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Stubby, Esq. View Post
      buy both, save time.

13. 09-14-2008 02:53 AM #188
      Quote, originally posted by sweatyworker »

PK Ripper BMX

that's cool

14. 09-15-2008 08:49 AM #189
      have you tried using the other sized pinions supplied with the kit?

15. Banned
      09-15-2008 09:17 AM #190
      have you tried using the other sized pinions supplied with the kit?

yeah that prolly woulda made alotta difference but I cbf'd at the time since i was replacing the motor and was more intreagued by the **** suspension out of the box which in the end i realised was a pos when i checked out my mates hornet with oil filled dampers

but now its got a TT sport tuned motor, 3racing dampers, a 7.4v li-poly battery and a bunch of pink sh*t, bumper kit etc i dont think i'll bother with a brushless anymore, i really like it how it is. Just a few odds and ends to get now which i'll either order at some point or get while im in singapore oh and i got the 3racing heavy duty pinion set, but i find its fine on the 18T havent used the others yet dont think i will anyways but meh

Modified by Stubz at 5:29 AM 9-15-2008

16. 09-15-2008 10:00 AM #191
      ...but now its got a TT sport tuned motor, 3racing dampers, a 7.4v li-poly battery and a bunch of pink sh*t, bumper kit etc i dont think i'll bother with a brushless anymore, i really like it how it is. Just a few odds and ends to get now which i'll either order at some point or get while im in singapore oh and i got the 3racing heavy duty pinion set, but i find its fine on the 18T havent used the others yet dont think i will anyways but meh

sh!t that didnt take long

where have you been ordering the bits from? i picked-up the desert gator over the weekend as practice unit, but its proving a lot more fun than expected.

17. Banned
      09-15-2008 10:10 AM #192

sh!t that didnt take long

where have you been ordering the bits from? i picked-up the desert gator over the weekend as practice unit, but its proving a lot more fun than expected.

i got a coupla bits from rc hobbies on parra rd when i was driving past but they had next to nothing in stock, so for the rest Ii just used one of the first i found in my googling - http://www.rcmart.com it shows stock levels and shipping was fast. The engrish is also entertaining.

Modified by Stubz at 6:11 AM 9-15-2008

18. 09-15-2008 10:31 AM #193

i can see how you managed to order all that stuff neat site - thanks for the link

the rear suspension is so wrong compared to the front. i might opt for a stronger motor and battery. i'll put the rest the coin into either of these (maybe both)

http://www.ehobbies.com/tam57731.html

http://www.kyosho.com/eng/prod...02632

Vehicles
      BMW F20 & E91
      09-15-2008 07:12 PM #194

i got a coupla bits from rc hobbies on parra rd when i was driving past but they had next to nothing in stock, so for the rest Ii just used one of the first i found in my googling - http://www.rcmart.com it shows stock levels and shipping was fast. The engrish is also entertaining.

Wes, do us a favour. Have someone take a photo of you getting on the plane to singapore with your tamiya backpack on.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHamofMam View Post
      That looks like something from their Prep Boy f@ggot collection.
      Quote Originally Posted by smarm View Post
      Can you give me a heads up when that hits the market.

20. Banned
      09-15-2008 08:21 PM #195
      Quote, originally posted by mdt »

Wes, do us a favour. Have someone take a photo of you getting on the plane to singapore with your tamiya backpack on.

haha alas , i havent got one yet, but this will make you laugh..

I rang my sister who used to work for an airline to ask about if im allowed an RC car in my carry on luggage, definite answers were not forth comming but it looks too much like a bomb to be let on surely and im afraid the knuckle draggers will damage it if i check it in hahaha

Vehicles
      BMW F20 & E91
      09-15-2008 08:46 PM #196

haha alas , i havent got one yet, but this will make you laugh..

I rang my sister who used to work for an airline to ask about if im allowed an RC car in my carry on luggage, definite answers were not forth comming but it looks too much like a bomb to be let on surely and im afraid the knuckle draggers will damage it if i check it in hahaha

Hadn't thought of that. But you're right, they won't allow you to carry that on the plane. Not even if you give them a drifitin' demo right there in the terminal.

Vehicles
      09-15-2008 10:08 PM #197
      gah
      take the aerial off, wrap/package it properly, pack the batteries elsewhere in the bag, and check it in - you'll have no dramas

23. Banned
      09-15-2008 10:46 PM #198
      gah
      take the aerial off, wrap/package it properly, pack the batteries elsewhere in the bag, and check it in - you'll have no dramas

Yeah i can handle life ok, i'll sort it out, i was just having a laugh.

Vehicles
      BMW F20 & E91
      09-17-2008 03:17 AM #199
      So, the mini fox arrives, plug is wrong so I buy an adaptor, get it home to see that the voltage is 120.

Did you have this problem Wes? I assume not.

Having a voltage converter couriered over from work.

25. Banned
      09-17-2008 03:22 AM #200
      So, the mini fox arrives, plug is wrong so I buy an adaptor, get it home to see that the voltage is 120.

Did you have this problem Wes? I assume not.

nope mine didn't come with a charger so i just got one for 20 bucks at rc hobbies, but then i ordered a Lithium poly battery after that so that was a mad waste of time hahaha

if you want charger i have its yours, but i think it'll cost more to post it than to buy a new one, and it needs an adaptor to fit the litte battery plug (i cut mine up to use with the new charger)

Vehicles
      BMW F20 & E91
      09-17-2008 03:27 AM #201
      Cheers, may have blown mine when I charged it. Will let you know.

Vehicles
      BMW F20 & E91
      09-17-2008 04:10 AM #202
      I'd say I have blown something, not sure if it's the charger or the battery.

What's the benefit of the battery you bought? Is it rechargeable?

Is it best to get them on line?

28. 09-17-2008 05:28 AM #203
      that site stubz posted up seems fairly cheap, particularly for batteries

29. Banned
      09-17-2008 05:39 AM #204
      I'd say I have blown something, not sure if it's the charger or the battery.

What's the benefit of the battery you bought? Is it rechargeable?

Is it best to get them on line?

its slightly over volt (only 7.2 vs 7.4) and much lighter so the thing rips now (my mate bought a 1/10 tamiya car today with sport tuned motor and the tamtech leaves it for dead) and it lasts a bit longer but beware lipos are serious business

Modified by Stubz at 1:41 AM 9-17-2008

30. 09-17-2008 07:42 AM #205
      did your lipo battery come with a charger or are you able to use the one you initially purchased?

the listing on rcmart doesnt seem to mention a charger

31. Banned
      09-17-2008 07:55 AM #206
      did your lipo battery come with a charger or are you able to use the one you initially purchased?

the listing on rcmart doesnt seem to mention a charger

well theres a story behind it all...

being a nub i didnt know any better when i ordered it not really paying attention, when i got it i chucked it strait on the standurt charger and it appeared to charged fine but i was informed afterwards by other friends charging it with a regular charger could result in action i posted in the videos above

So havng sucessfully dodged that bullet my friend had already said he was gonna go RC car shopping today so i gave him my battery and he went to a few stores around today and got me a a Swallow Advance (lol) charger from a local store was like 70 bucks and i already had a 12vdc power supply hanging around at home to connect it to (it doesnt come with a power supply just clips to put it on a battery / power supply).

oh also it doesnt come with charging leads either, but i cut up my old one a little soldering and bobs ye uncle, tested it tonight seems all good.

I'm a total nub at all this so don't take anything i say here for gospel, i may well still manage to have a house fire and be left destitute and homeless

Vehicles
      09-17-2008 08:04 AM #207
      maybe I'll just go to the RC store and ask about these exploding batteries then

33. Banned
      09-17-2008 08:10 AM #208
      maybe I'll just go to the RC store and ask about these exploding batteries then

I'll be doin tests against t-bro's hornet this weekend if u wanna hold off to ensure im not just dreaming (tho yours is 4wd so this probably negates it all)

But the thing seems to me a fair way faster and over jumps it goes noticably higher and stays flatter, I'm guessing due to lighter weight/better weight distribution.. which is something else I'm going to investigate on the weekend also

34. 09-17-2008 08:11 AM #209

...got me a Swallow Advance (lol) charger ...

choice branding

your story prompted a little search. i think this is what needed for the exploding batteries

35. 09-17-2008 08:15 AM #210
      So, the mini fox arrives, plug is wrong so I buy an adaptor, get it home to see that the voltage is 120. ...

i thought you got your in Aus? i picked-up the desert gator from hobbyco and all was fine except for the need for eight AA batteries

Page 6 of 113 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast