Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 60 of 113 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
    Results 2,066 to 2,100 of 3931

Thread: OT: Slot cars and Radio Control cars

1. Senior Member
      05-05-2012 08:42 PM #2066
      Oh yeah definitely. There are even off road trial bikes. But these sort of stuff isn't fun without others to run with which is why I haven't bought one or a 1/5th scale F1 car. Off road stuff is different. You can have tons of fun just bashing alone. Or at least that is my view.

Btw, I had a thought last night. I haven't been interested in getting a XO-1 because really there isn't anywhere to run it. But my good mate Kevin has his office at Sandown and uses the track a few times a week...
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bookie View Post
      gt2 is a luxury car, yes.

2. Senior Member
      05-06-2012 11:43 AM #2067
      So anyone got up to anything exciting RC wise over the weekend? Here is what OllieWAY did on Sunday. I just love the Summit too because it does things all my other RC's can't!

Vehicles
      vw and merc white pos
      05-07-2012 06:33 AM #2068
      nice looks like OllieW was having fun in the mud. Just needs a Pede to keep the Summit honest hehe.. 4wd of course. Thanks to Matty Aston had fun pulling apart the Mini fox and putting the new motor in, gear meshing was easier than the Traxxas.
      Yeah I'm a Volvo driver

4. Senior Member
      05-07-2012 06:52 PM #2069
      Quote Originally Posted by Zorg2 View Post
      nice looks like OllieW was having fun in the mud. Just needs a Pede to keep the Summit honest hehe.. 4wd of course. Thanks to Matty Aston had fun pulling apart the Mini fox and putting the new motor in, gear meshing was easier than the Traxxas.
      Do you regret not getting a 4wd Pede? Pedes are great, one of the best Traxxas for sure!

5. 05-08-2012 12:20 AM #2070
      Found a new plane for matty

6. 05-08-2012 07:42 AM #2071
      WAY please buy/build this.

<$2k including the 10S 9000mAH lipo

05-08-2012 09:15 PM #2072
      I got my Hobby King Dorifto machine yesterday. Didn't have a chance to do much except conect up the RX and apply the mad tight dorifto stickers to it. Bit smaller than I expected but not a bad unit. The shell actually seems to be a softer plastic than the stuff used on the HPI so I'm not sure about it splitting. Just have to come up with a battery mounting system and I'm set. Also make an antenna hole there isn't one as standard.

Also I didn't realise this has a carbon chassis pretty cool

8. Senior Member
      05-08-2012 10:05 PM #2073
      Quote Originally Posted by smarm View Post
      Found a new plane for matty

But Ryan, it has your name on it (literally)!

9. Senior Member
      05-08-2012 10:06 PM #2074
      Quote Originally Posted by sweatyworker View Post
      I got my Hobby King Dorifto machine yesterday. Didn't have a chance to do much except conect up the RX and apply the mad tight dorifto stickers to it. Bit smaller than I expected but not a bad unit. The shell actually seems to be a softer plastic than the stuff used on the HPI so I'm not sure about it splitting. Just have to come up with a battery mounting system and I'm set. Also make an antenna hole there isn't one as standard.

Also I didn't realise this has a carbon chassis pretty cool
      Don't worry, it will snap the moment you hit the wall.

10. 05-09-2012 03:38 AM #2075
      Had an absolute blast FPV'ing the quad today. Too windy to go to high, so put 8 batteries through just doing low level through trees. So much fun.

11. Senior Member
      05-09-2012 04:13 AM #2076
      Had an absolute blast FPV'ing the quad today. Too windy to go to high, so put 8 batteries through just doing low level through trees. So much fun.
      I spent three hours replacing the plastic shocks on one of my car to aluminium items, and cleaning OlllieWAY and my weekend mud fest with our RCs.

12. 05-09-2012 04:27 AM #2077
      Quote Originally Posted by WAY View Post
      I spent three hours replacing the plastic shocks on one of my car to aluminium items, and cleaning OlllieWAY and my weekend mud fest with our RCs.
      Haha. You got that 1/5 losi running yet?

13. Senior Member
      05-09-2012 05:23 AM #2078
      Haha. You got that 1/5 losi running yet?
      Have not done anything with it but annoying the missus with it sitting in the living room. I still need ESC, and two servos. If I go with the MDM crazy 14s capable ESC, then I will run 10s on it which means I need new batteries too. If I go with the Castle ESC, that means I will have to run 8s, which means I can use the Baja batteries. Might try it with the castle ESC first. If its too mild, then I'll buy a FG Formula 1 and donate the ESC to the FG hehe.

14. 05-09-2012 06:06 AM #2079
      Have not done anything with it but annoying the missus with it sitting in the living room. I still need ESC, and two servos. If I go with the MDM crazy 14s capable ESC, then I will run 10s on it which means I need new batteries too. If I go with the Castle ESC, that means I will have to run 8s, which means I can use the Baja batteries. Might try it with the castle ESC first. If its too mild, then I'll buy a FG Formula 1 and donate the ESC to the FG hehe.
      You're going to be disappointed with 8s, and it means you can only run 1/5 at a time.

15. 05-09-2012 07:04 AM #2080
      I know you guys are pretty advanced on the RC but Tank #2 (turned 8) has spend a lot of time today with his Traxxis Rustler and is over the moon.

Just need an extra battery and one of those fast chargers me thinks.
      iPad Certified.

16. 05-09-2012 07:08 AM #2081
      Quote Originally Posted by Tank Engine View Post
      I know you guys are pretty advanced on the RC but Tank #2 (turned 8) has spend a lot of time today with his Traxxis Rustler and is over the moon.

17. 05-09-2012 07:17 AM #2082
      I should add it has been in nappy mode (50% power) all day.

Might turn the wick up on the weekend.
      Max, the German Pointer, chases it around and barks at it.
      iPad Certified.

05-09-2012 07:51 AM #2083

They look awesome I know when I was 8 I would have been ecstatic

Some photos of the drift car. The "tyres" are pathetic I need some foam or rubber tyres rather than the pieces of hard plastic they have now but I guess that's the point. Might wrap them in some amalgamating tape and see what happens. Still it was fun for ten minutes out on the street just needs HID's

19. Senior Member
      05-09-2012 08:48 AM #2084

Awesome! Didn't realise you went for the Rustler instead of a monster truck. VXL or XL5? Did it get there in time for his birthday? I think you said 9th May previously, which is today, so it must have! When I was 8, all I had was little Nikko RCs so this is pretty good. Mind you back then RCs were so expensive that there is no way a 8 year old was going too get a hobby grade RC lol.

20. Senior Member
      05-09-2012 08:49 AM #2085
      They look awesome I know when I was 8 I would have been ecstatic

Some photos of the drift car. The "tyres" are pathetic I need some foam or rubber tyres rather than the pieces of hard plastic they have now but I guess that's the point. Might wrap them in some amalgamating tape and see what happens. Still it was fun for ten minutes out on the street just needs HID's

Hey that looks pretty good! I await your verdict after your first crash. As for the tyres being hard, what do you expect, it's a drift car!!!

21. Senior Member
      05-09-2012 08:51 AM #2086
      You're going to be disappointed with 8s, and it means you can only run 1/5 at a time.
      I will buy another set of two 4s of course, I was just being silly. The problem with 10s is that people are struggling to keep the tyres on the rims. I don't really want to have to deal with that. Haven't decided, but I think 8s is a safer bet. Afterall, it is probably too much for the 2wd Baja (Matty will attest to that lol) so on the heavier and 4wd Losi it is probably just right.

22. 05-09-2012 10:42 PM #2087
      Awesome! Didn't realise you went for the Rustler instead of a monster truck. VXL or XL5? Did it get there in time for his birthday? I think you said 9th May previously, which is today, so it must have! When I was 8, all I had was little Nikko RCs so this is pretty good. Mind you back then RCs were so expensive that there is no way a 8 year old was going too get a hobby grade RC lol.
      Just the XL5 Wayne. $$$ don't extent that far for a VXL.
      I found the Rustler a good compromise of clearance without the height of the M/Truck so he wasn't going to roll it as much - seems, so far, to have been a good choice.

I can see why a fast charger is a good idea. The std. unit takes it time!
      iPad Certified.

05-10-2012 10:24 AM #2088
      Sweaty, time to hit the vintage train forums I think. I for one would love to see that thing running again!
      It turned its wheels in anger for the first time in many years tonight. Pretty stoked! I'll get it all together on the weekend and get some videos.

Vehicles
      vw and merc white pos
      05-10-2012 05:47 PM #2089
      Hey wayne might be headed to your home town in a couple of weeks where are all the good hobby shops remembet the one at berjaya times square near the indoor theme park had some good stuff i bought aston a usb heli from there last time any good ones at the pavilion klcc seemed to be mostly fashion stuff
      Yeah I'm a Volvo driver

25. 05-11-2012 06:16 AM #2090
      wow this thread is long now, not going to read it all.

I have been thinking to buy an Axial Honcho or wraith. 2 sort of different types of car, anyone have any experience with them? I'd say the wraith is better suited for me and what I want to use it for, just like the look of the Honcho more.

Matt, I have one of the Kyosho rc bikes, the Honda NSR 500. I really really wanted to get the suzuki rgv 500 also, but for some dumb reason didn't. They are huge and very heavy. Had it since about 2005 I think.

Actually last time I moved, 2001? I threw out a og tamiya lambo countach, og box radio gear etc, just needed the hard case hump back battery pack. I still have a tamiya peugeot 306 maxi, dark impact and got my son a blackfoot 3. Modded the black foot to 4wd, twin engine etc. It's fun to drive, try to get him to go slow and stuff but he usually just floors it. We built it together too.

but yeah anyway, thinking of a crawler/off roader/racer ??? not 100% sure.

Vehicles
      vw and merc white pos
      05-11-2012 06:35 AM #2091
      hey guys got the turnigy accucell charger from hobby king as per the instructions I am assuming one of the connections on the lipo is for balancing the cells (doh.) and the other for charging. Looks like I need another connector thingy to fit the one matty gave me. The other LiPo battery I ordered from Hobbyking is also coming with a multi connector which is supposed to fit all plugs including tamiya and traxxas. Found a power supply for it to from an external hard drive.

Hey Paul we should get a few and start practising heheh

o/t this is pretty cool check the frame rate.

Last edited by Zorg2; 05-11-2012 at 06:57 AM.
      Yeah I'm a Volvo driver

05-11-2012 06:51 AM #2092
      The Hobby King charger comes with the XT60 connector which is an open standard connector they are trying to encourage the industry to move too. Much better than the red Deans T connectors IMHO.

I made up an adapter cable to charge my deans connector battery packs from the Hobbyking charger

are you desperate I could make you one up this weekend as well?
      Last edited by sweatyworker; 05-11-2012 at 06:53 AM.

Vehicles
      vw and merc white pos
      05-11-2012 08:29 AM #2093
      Paul nice job on the cable thks for the kind offer but no urgent rush as hopefully the multi connector lead i ordetef should arrive soon will let u know if any issues thanks
      Yeah I'm a Volvo driver

29. 05-11-2012 08:36 AM #2094
      The Hobby King charger comes with the XT60 connector which is an open standard connector they are trying to encourage the industry to move too. Much better than the red Deans T connectors IMHO.

I made up an adapter cable to charge my deans connector battery packs from the Hobbyking charger

are you desperate I could make you one up this weekend as well?
      Much easier to pull apart deans, then the xt60 imo. They can be tighter then a nuns nasty.

05-11-2012 10:09 AM #2095
      The phrase is "Dry as a nuns nasty". Err not on my very limited experience. Also it seems much easier to me topotentially accidentally short a deans when pulling it apart. There is a moment where the connector is exposed and still connected to the battery. The XT60 has much more gripping space and the metal is never fully exposed. It's a better though out design by a long shot.

31. 05-11-2012 07:36 PM #2096
      The phrase is "Dry as a nuns nasty". Err not on my very limited experience. Also it seems much easier to me topotentially accidentally short a deans when pulling it apart. There is a moment where the connector is exposed and still connected to the battery. The XT60 has much more gripping space and the metal is never fully exposed. It's a better though out design by a long shot.
      Until you pull the wires out of the socket. My fat fingers can't get enough purchase on the xt60. I'm not the only one. There's specific tools out there to pry them apart.

I disagree with the phrasing of the statement, I maintain my version is more accurate. The unpenetrated orifice of the nun is likely to be tight, whereas she's still suceptible to visual and audiotory stimulation, thereby possiblyt allowing her to be wet.

Vehicles
      MY08 WRX (SGP) Mk II GTI (AUS)
      05-12-2012 12:55 AM #2097
      I took Wayne to the Tamiya store yesterday. He pretty much jizzed in his pants.

05-12-2012 04:42 AM #2098
      Until you pull the wires out of the socket. My fat fingers can't get enough purchase on the xt60. I'm not the only one. There's specific tools out there to pry them :
      But your precious will be crashed destroyed !

34. Senior Member
      05-12-2012 09:22 AM #2099
      Quote Originally Posted by IML337 View Post
      I took Wayne to the Tamiya store yesterday. He pretty much jizzed in his pants.
      Well it is a pretty awesome store for a guy who worshipped Tamiya as a kid in both plastic models and RCs. I just wished I lived in Singapore. Would have bought heaps of stuff! Tim, I'll see how I go at Mongkok. May need you to carry back a few things to Australia in a few weeks hehe.

35. Senior Member
      05-12-2012 09:25 AM #2100
      Quote Originally Posted by vwlatino View Post
      wow this thread is long now, not going to read it all.

I have been thinking to buy an Axial Honcho or wraith. 2 sort of different types of car, anyone have any experience with them? I'd say the wraith is better suited for me and what I want to use it for, just like the look of the Honcho more.

Matt, I have one of the Kyosho rc bikes, the Honda NSR 500. I really really wanted to get the suzuki rgv 500 also, but for some dumb reason didn't. They are huge and very heavy. Had it since about 2005 I think.

Actually last time I moved, 2001? I threw out a og tamiya lambo countach, og box radio gear etc, just needed the hard case hump back battery pack. I still have a tamiya peugeot 306 maxi, dark impact and got my son a blackfoot 3. Modded the black foot to 4wd, twin engine etc. It's fun to drive, try to get him to go slow and stuff but he usually just floors it. We built it together too.

but yeah anyway, thinking of a crawler/off roader/racer ??? not 100% sure.
      What do you want to use it for? Wrath is pretty fast for a crawler, but still bloody slow! Forget the Honcho. If you want something scale, buy a Tamiya Hilux high-lift!
      Last edited by WAY; 05-14-2012 at 05:00 AM.

Page 60 of 113 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast