Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 39 of 113 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast
    Results 1,331 to 1,365 of 3928

    Thread: OT: Slot cars and Radio Control cars

    1. Member mdt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2001
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      17,428
      Vehicles
      BMW F20 & E91
      01-08-2012 09:27 PM #1331
      Sorry to hear that Paul.

      I'd be looking at eBay for an originalish one. I remember the Hornby set I used to have. I always wanted the trains that blew smoke but they were out of my price range. I did have a Class 44 engine though. I thought it was great.

      Quote Originally Posted by TheHamofMam View Post
      That looks like something from their Prep Boy f@ggot collection.
      Quote Originally Posted by smarm View Post
      Can you give me a heads up when that hits the market.

    2. Member TMK-001's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 14th, 2005
      Location
      Mt Gambier/Portland/Geelong/OnMyBike
      Posts
      10,182
      Vehicles
      BMW/Ford/Colnago/Blackhawk/DMR
      01-08-2012 10:22 PM #1332
      I want a Tamiya Mini M-05 with a MINI body on it... any idea of where I should get it from and what I would need? Also, I was playing around with a 4WD Tamiya battery car over the weekend...

      What sort of Car should I get to have some fast fun on the sand outside my house? I was just doing drifts and carry on last night... I had fun... just wanted to go faster!

      I want something pretty solid - can I use parts from one car to the other - ie controller? I'm very limited for space...

    3. 01-09-2012 02:52 AM #1333
      It's alright matty, just grab your bix and toss it off the grand canyon



      I had one of these as a kid. still can't find it in mums estate, really disappointing. also had some ghan carriages!


    4. Member mdt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2001
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      17,428
      Vehicles
      BMW F20 & E91
      01-09-2012 03:23 AM #1334
      Haha wow, do you reckon I could tape my Canon G10 to the Bixler?
      Quote Originally Posted by TheHamofMam View Post
      That looks like something from their Prep Boy f@ggot collection.
      Quote Originally Posted by smarm View Post
      Can you give me a heads up when that hits the market.

    5. Member XXX 1.8T's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 10th, 2002
      Location
      Australia
      Posts
      8,760
      Vehicles
      1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe //// 1968 Audi F103 75L //// 2009 VW Passat R36 Wagon
      01-09-2012 07:56 AM #1335
      Speaking of trains my dad has been buying Miltiadi Tomy - Thomas the Tank motorized train sets

      You should see how big the track has grown it has taken over my mums saloni

      I got to take a picture, im slowly getting addicted to building the track

    6. Senior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 19th, 2004
      Posts
      21,409
      01-09-2012 08:54 AM #1336
      Quote Originally Posted by sweatyworker View Post
      So in the process of clearing my stuff out of my fathers house in Perth (He passed away in October) I brought back to Melbourne a mid 1950's Hornby Dublo Electric Train set. I'll take some pics soon. Still in the origional if tatty box and also has the instructions etc. It was my older brothers (who passed away when I was 18) and I was never allowed to play with it as a child which is just as well as I destroyed the few extra pieces of rolling stock we had

      I need a 12v power supply (used to have a period correct bakelite one but it died and got chucked) any suggestions? Something with a vintage feel would be cool.
      Hey Paul, I know nothing about trains, but sorry to hear about your father.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bookie View Post
      gt2 is a luxury car, yes.

    7. 01-09-2012 08:58 AM #1337

    8. Senior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 19th, 2004
      Posts
      21,409
      01-09-2012 09:11 AM #1338
      Quote Originally Posted by TMK-001 View Post
      I want a Tamiya Mini M-05 with a MINI body on it... any idea of where I should get it from and what I would need? Also, I was playing around with a 4WD Tamiya battery car over the weekend...

      What sort of Car should I get to have some fast fun on the sand outside my house? I was just doing drifts and carry on last night... I had fun... just wanted to go faster!

      I want something pretty solid - can I use parts from one car to the other - ie controller? I'm very limited for space...
      M-05 Mini are available locally quite cheaply - around $250 from memory. You have two options though. One is to get a pro kit, then get the body separately, or you can just get the M-05 that already has body on. I would buy it from somewhere like RC Hobbies. Let me look it up and give you the linky...

      Ok here is the Mini kit - http://rchobbies.com.au/store/produc...ducts_id=46343

      Here is the M-05 pro kit - http://rchobbies.com.au/store/produc...ducts_id=46475

      You will also need a radio (transmitter/receiver), servo, motor and batteries. Oh and a can of paint.

      As for a car to play outside your house, how fast do you want it? How big is the space? How much do you want to spend? There are countless options depending on what you want to do with it. OllieWAY can demonstrate to you that you can drift and do doughnuts on any surface with a powerful enough car.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bookie View Post
      gt2 is a luxury car, yes.

    9. 01-09-2012 06:21 PM #1339
      Quote Originally Posted by smarm View Post


      Built the 1/5th Baja yet WAY? No excuses?!

      Meanwhile, for those wanting a flight sim, HK are selling a transmitter with USB and software for $15.

      http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...m_Mode_2_.html

      The software is rubbish, but easily able to be replaced with far more realistic software (i'm happy to post this to anyone that wants it). Great way to learn and save some $$$ on crashed models. Can even simulate wind etc with accurate real life model physics

      You seem to be the expert on these so... is it worth going out and buying this bixler plane as my first RC plane? I've always wanted a RC plane and that video over the grand canyon has got my interest!

      I can fly a real light aircraft.. they can't be that hard can they??

    10. Member mdt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2001
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      17,428
      Vehicles
      BMW F20 & E91
      01-09-2012 07:49 PM #1340
      Quote Originally Posted by hummel View Post
      You seem to be the expert on these so... is it worth going out and buying this bixler plane as my first RC plane? I've always wanted a RC plane and that video over the grand canyon has got my interest!

      I can fly a real light aircraft.. they can't be that hard can they??
      I'm not sure that Grand Canyon clip was a Bixler.

      I think the thing about the Bixler is that they are cheap and relatively easy to put together. Less than $200 landed with rx/tx.
      Quote Originally Posted by TheHamofMam View Post
      That looks like something from their Prep Boy f@ggot collection.
      Quote Originally Posted by smarm View Post
      Can you give me a heads up when that hits the market.

    11. 01-10-2012 12:00 AM #1341
      Quote Originally Posted by mdt View Post
      I'm not sure that Grand Canyon clip was a Bixler.

      I think the thing about the Bixler is that they are cheap and relatively easy to put together. Less than $200 landed with rx/tx.
      Ah ok we'll I look into it a bit more tonight. Seen a few with gopro's attached.. already got that just need the plane!

    12. Member Zorg2's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 10th, 2009
      Posts
      3,279
      Vehicles
      vw and merc white pos
      01-10-2012 12:17 AM #1342
      bought a traxxas stampede rtr can go bush bashing with Wayne now will prob arrive before my vodafail Samsung galaxy s2
      Yeah I'm a Volvo driver

    13. Senior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 19th, 2004
      Posts
      21,409
      01-10-2012 12:34 AM #1343
      Quote Originally Posted by Zorg2 View Post
      bought a traxxas stampede rtr can go bush bashing with Wayne now will prob arrive before my vodafail Samsung galaxy s2
      Haha I'm not sure about your ability to go bush bashing with me with a 2WD truck and brushed motor. You need more powah!! Haha. Let me know when I turns up. We can all go to Windsor siding for a bit of fun.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bookie View Post
      gt2 is a luxury car, yes.

    14. 01-10-2012 03:22 AM #1344
      Quote Originally Posted by WAY View Post
      Haha I'm not sure about your ability to go bush bashing with me with a 2WD truck and brushed motor. You need more powah!! Haha. Let me know when I turns up. We can all go to Windsor siding for a bit of fun.
      Yes

      I'm not sure that Grand Canyon clip was a Bixler.
      Yes

      You seem to be the expert on these so... is it worth going out and buying this bixler plane as my first RC plane? I've always wanted a RC plane and that video over the grand canyon has got my interest!
      Yes

    15. Member mdt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2001
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      17,428
      Vehicles
      BMW F20 & E91
      01-10-2012 05:11 AM #1345
      Just took the Bixler out for the first time. Lasted all of ten seconds but it felt great.

      Too windy and the park is too small for my skills, sadly. I let it down gently only for it to be picked up by the wind and slammed into a tree.

      Can't wait to try it at Albert Park over the lake. I feel sure it would easily handle my old sony camera hanging from the bottom of it.
      Quote Originally Posted by TheHamofMam View Post
      That looks like something from their Prep Boy f@ggot collection.
      Quote Originally Posted by smarm View Post
      Can you give me a heads up when that hits the market.

    16. 01-10-2012 06:19 AM #1346
      Quote Originally Posted by mdt View Post
      Just took the Bixler out for the first time. Lasted all of ten seconds but it felt great.

      Too windy and the park is too small for my skills, sadly. I let it down gently only for it to be picked up by the wind and slammed into a tree.

      Can't wait to try it at Albert Park over the lake. I feel sure it would easily handle my old sony camera hanging from the bottom of it.


      Try mornings. Also I'd avoid the lakes... it doesn't float well Few people fly down at Caufield Racecourse.

    17. Senior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 19th, 2004
      Posts
      21,409
      01-10-2012 06:41 AM #1347
      Quote Originally Posted by WAY View Post
      I haven't been home for a week! Wasn't going to carry the kit and all my tools to the beach house! Although it wouldn't have been a bad idea as I have a lot of time right now. Just too much to carry unfortunately.
      Had to come home this morning for a meeting in the city, so that gave me all afternoon to do some building. What a joy it was! I am taking my time and not rush it. I am experience to know that on a complex build like this, if you rush it you will just end up with a issues that you have to go back and fix retrospectively. Anyway, here is where I got to. It's a shame I am busy again the next few days as it was fun building this today!

      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bookie View Post
      gt2 is a luxury car, yes.

    18. Member mdt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2001
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      17,428
      Vehicles
      BMW F20 & E91
      01-10-2012 07:01 AM #1348
      Quote Originally Posted by WAY View Post
      Had to come home this morning for a meeting in the city, so that gave me all afternoon to do some building. What a joy it was! I am taking my time and not rush it. I am experience to know that on a complex build like this, if you rush it you will just end up with a issues that you have to go back and fix retrospectively. Anyway, here is where I got to. It's a shame I am busy again the next few days as it was fun building this today!

      You can buy one of those at Hobby King for about $5. What's your hourly rate again?
      Quote Originally Posted by TheHamofMam View Post
      That looks like something from their Prep Boy f@ggot collection.
      Quote Originally Posted by smarm View Post
      Can you give me a heads up when that hits the market.

    19. Member mdt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2001
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      17,428
      Vehicles
      BMW F20 & E91
      01-10-2012 07:02 AM #1349
      Quote Originally Posted by smarm View Post


      Try mornings. Also I'd avoid the lakes... it doesn't float well Few people fly down at Caufield Racecourse.
      Could you stick some floats on it?

      *Don't tell me, read the mods link you posted*
      Quote Originally Posted by TheHamofMam View Post
      That looks like something from their Prep Boy f@ggot collection.
      Quote Originally Posted by smarm View Post
      Can you give me a heads up when that hits the market.

    20. Senior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 19th, 2004
      Posts
      21,409
      01-10-2012 07:29 AM #1350
      Quote Originally Posted by mdt View Post
      You can buy one of those at Hobby King for about $5. What's your hourly rate again?
      Yeah for someone who can't even put the propeller in the right direction, it would be advisable to just spend a few bucks and buy a pre-build one.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bookie View Post
      gt2 is a luxury car, yes.

    21. Member mdt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2001
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      17,428
      Vehicles
      BMW F20 & E91
      01-10-2012 09:04 AM #1351


      I bet you sell your 7 series before the car is finished. Loser pays for GTG dinner. Interstate guests welcome.
      Quote Originally Posted by TheHamofMam View Post
      That looks like something from their Prep Boy f@ggot collection.
      Quote Originally Posted by smarm View Post
      Can you give me a heads up when that hits the market.

    22. Senior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 19th, 2004
      Posts
      21,409
      01-10-2012 10:13 AM #1352
      Quote Originally Posted by mdt View Post
      I bet you sell your 7 series before the car is finished. Loser pays for GTG dinner. Interstate guests welcome.
      You are on! You may have forgotten that I have built many of these kits in my younger years and I know what it takes to complete it! Ok, I have never built anything larger or more complex than a 1/10th scale. Sure it is not 1/5th scale and certainly not a petrol to electric conversion which ups the complexity, but the concept is still the same! Be prepared to take us all out to Tho Tho's.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bookie View Post
      gt2 is a luxury car, yes.

    23. 01-10-2012 02:50 PM #1353
      Quote Originally Posted by mdt View Post
      Could you stick some floats on it?
      Hi Mathew, please refer to the mods thread previously referred to in prior communications, Kind Regards, Ryan.

      Putting floats on it would be hard then WAY building a 1/5th model...

    24. Senior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 19th, 2004
      Posts
      21,409
      01-10-2012 07:09 PM #1354
      Matt could never build this fifth scale I am building haha. With these sort of buid, there are many parts where it is almost identical on both sides of a part, but one side may have a slight recess or indent for particular purpose and requires precision. Matt would get it all wrong just like the propeller.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bookie View Post
      gt2 is a luxury car, yes.

    25. Member mdt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2001
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      17,428
      Vehicles
      BMW F20 & E91
      01-10-2012 08:15 PM #1355
      Keep laughing Wayne. I'll even order you a birthday cake at Tho Thos.

      It has to work too. If it doesn't go in a straight line or go round corners properly you lose.
      Quote Originally Posted by TheHamofMam View Post
      That looks like something from their Prep Boy f@ggot collection.
      Quote Originally Posted by smarm View Post
      Can you give me a heads up when that hits the market.

    26. Senior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 19th, 2004
      Posts
      21,409
      01-10-2012 10:35 PM #1356
      Quote Originally Posted by mdt View Post
      Keep laughing Wayne. I'll even order you a birthday cake at Tho Thos.

      It has to work too. If it doesn't go in a straight line or go round corners properly you lose.
      That may just mean that I have to hold on to the 7 series longer.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bookie View Post
      gt2 is a luxury car, yes.

    27. Member mdt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2001
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      17,428
      Vehicles
      BMW F20 & E91
      01-11-2012 02:11 AM #1357
      Quote Originally Posted by WAY View Post
      That may just mean that I have to hold on to the 7 series longer.
      That did occur to me.
      Quote Originally Posted by TheHamofMam View Post
      That looks like something from their Prep Boy f@ggot collection.
      Quote Originally Posted by smarm View Post
      Can you give me a heads up when that hits the market.


    28. Member mdt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2001
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      17,428
      Vehicles
      BMW F20 & E91
      01-13-2012 11:33 PM #1359
      Nice. "Wait for the calmest day possible before your first flight." Mmm.

      I liked how they had a quad chase helicopter.
      Quote Originally Posted by TheHamofMam View Post
      That looks like something from their Prep Boy f@ggot collection.
      Quote Originally Posted by smarm View Post
      Can you give me a heads up when that hits the market.

    29. 01-13-2012 11:44 PM #1360
      Did you try the small nut on the end of the prop holder?

    30. Member mdt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2001
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      17,428
      Vehicles
      BMW F20 & E91
      01-14-2012 01:32 AM #1361
      Which small nut was that? I thought I had to go to the hardware shop?
      Quote Originally Posted by TheHamofMam View Post
      That looks like something from their Prep Boy f@ggot collection.
      Quote Originally Posted by smarm View Post
      Can you give me a heads up when that hits the market.

    31. 01-14-2012 01:56 AM #1362
      Quote Originally Posted by mdt View Post
      Which small nut was that? I thought I had to go to the hardware shop?
      Check your tool box?? It's a 4mm nut.

    32. 01-14-2012 11:21 PM #1363
      matty

      new approach seeing as you want smaller trainer.

      get this;

      http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

      and

      http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=9042

      and

      this for the sim

      http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14304

      So saves you $15 from buying the dummy sim/cable package. You get a real transmitter and reciever + sim cable for $10 more.

      Throw in a battery and you're away.

      Might even be delivered before WAY finishes the front suspension assembly (even with CNY)!

    33. Member Zorg2's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 10th, 2009
      Posts
      3,279
      Vehicles
      vw and merc white pos
      01-16-2012 02:27 PM #1364
      Got the traxxas yesterday less than a week from the us not bad looks like a solid beast pretty heavy only had a very brief run as battery not fully charged Aston has already flipped it. Are the chargers multi voltage?, have to get a faster one. When are we heading to the park Wayne?
      Yeah I'm a Volvo driver

    34. Member mdt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2001
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      17,428
      Vehicles
      BMW F20 & E91
      01-16-2012 04:52 PM #1365
      Quote Originally Posted by smarm View Post
      matty

      new approach seeing as you want smaller trainer.

      get this;

      http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

      and

      http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=9042

      and

      this for the sim

      http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14304

      So saves you $15 from buying the dummy sim/cable package. You get a real transmitter and reciever + sim cable for $10 more.

      Throw in a battery and you're away.

      Might even be delivered before WAY finishes the front suspension assembly (even with CNY)!
      That's done. Shame they came from different warehouses, otherwise I would have got a free plane.

      Thanks Ryan.
      Quote Originally Posted by TheHamofMam View Post
      That looks like something from their Prep Boy f@ggot collection.
      Quote Originally Posted by smarm View Post
      Can you give me a heads up when that hits the market.

    Page 39 of 113 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •