Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: hbo's true blood series

Vehicles
      2014 Mercedes-Benz GLK250 BlueTEC
      09-21-2008 11:05 AM #36
      Quote, originally posted by vdubjb »
      Heard the ratings for this are horrible?

It has already been renewed for a second season so the ratings must not be too horrible.

Chris
      "All hail Dr. Chris, doctor of money medicine!" --Tornado2dr
      "annuity = financial abortion." --jnm2.0t

Vehicles
      2012 Jetta TDI
      09-22-2008 09:23 AM #37
      i liked last nights episode... got good and interesting with the vampire stuff.

whats up with her brother? talk about in the wrong place at the wrong time.

and something's goin on with Sam (bar owner) is he a warewolf or something? shapeshifter into a dog?

c.b.s.

Contact me if you have VCDS requests in New England (2006+ only)

3. 09-22-2008 10:06 AM #38
      Caught the first two episodes on OnDemand last night was I'm a bit unsure of whether or not I like it. I'm a sucker for anything Vampire related and the premise of the show is extremely original... just if this turns in to a love story of a Buffy type show I'm bailing

4. 09-22-2008 12:49 PM #39
      I was wondering what's up with the dog as well. It seems to show up at random times and kind of watch over her.

Vehicles
      93 TEG, 95 KAT750, 02 IS300
      09-22-2008 01:10 PM #40
      Quote, originally posted by J-J-Jetta »
      i liked last nights episode... got good and interesting with the vampire stuff.

whats up with her brother? talk about in the wrong place at the wrong time.

and something's goin on with Sam (bar owner) is he a warewolf or something? shapeshifter into a dog?

her brother is weird he looks for trouble

Vehicles
      93 TEG, 95 KAT750, 02 IS300
      09-22-2008 01:11 PM #41
      Quote, originally posted by itr_hybrid »
      I was wondering what's up with the dog as well. It seems to show up at random times and kind of watch over her.

i got that too. the way they capture the dog "watching over" her in the background. like he's her guardian

7. 09-22-2008 08:55 PM #42
      Quote, originally posted by anotoneher »
      just if this turns in to a love story of a Buffy type show I'm bailing

It does, but keep with it! Love is a fickle thing and tons more important **** happens besides the love story. Its just a jumping-off point.

><

8. 09-22-2008 09:01 PM #43
      So, hey. I finally got HBO working and I watched all 3 episodes in a row.

I'm super excited to find out what's next. They changed some stuff from the books, but not in a bad way.

There was tons of nods to the readers, that I noticed, and I loved that!

The grandmother was reading a Charlaine Harris novel in the 1st episode!

Speaking of, I visited the HBO forum for this show, and read a lot of the, "tell me your first impressions," thread. Seems tons of people are rushing out to buy and read the series of books, so much that some stores are having a hard time keeping them on the shelves. Of course, I'm super proud of Charlaine Harris. She deserves it! Her books are always great fun. I can never wait for the next one in any of her serieses.

Anyone notice that the customer in the Wal*mart was the, "woman," from Total Recall when Arnold puts on the fat suit and the mechanical exploding head?

And also, the opening credits were so much like Natural Born Killers. Anyone agree?

><

9. 09-23-2008 03:06 AM #44
      Quote, originally posted by xenniferx »
      So, hey. I finally got HBO working and I watched all 3 episodes in a row.

I'm super excited to find out what's next. They changed some stuff from the books, but not in a bad way.

There was tons of nods to the readers, that I noticed, and I loved that!

The grandmother was reading a Charlaine Harris novel in the 1st episode!

Speaking of, I visited the HBO forum for this show, and read a lot of the, "tell me your first impressions," thread. Seems tons of people are rushing out to buy and read the series of books, so much that some stores are having a hard time keeping them on the shelves. Of course, I'm super proud of Charlaine Harris. She deserves it! Her books are always great fun. I can never wait for the next one in any of her serieses.

Anyone notice that the customer in the Wal*mart was the, "woman," from Total Recall when Arnold puts on the fat suit and the mechanical exploding head?

And also, the opening credits were so much like Natural Born Killers. Anyone agree?

><

I thought the woman in the store looked familiar. Wouldn't she be a lot older now? The opening credits are just freaky....

10. 09-23-2008 08:09 AM #45
      Quote, originally posted by itr_hybrid »
      I thought the woman in the store looked familiar. Wouldn't she be a lot older now?

IDK, maybe not. When was Total Recall? Early 90s?

She has such a distinctive face, and shape. And if she kept up w the hair dye, it could be her.

><

11. 09-23-2008 10:51 PM #46
      I used to love this show, untill this just recent episode; now I just like this show. The whole vampire club or whatever you call it trio is pretty lame, those characters suck ass, I hope they get killed off early. Now tara(sookies best freind) I'm deeply in love w/ her. God she's awesome as hell, I would marry that girl. Hopefully this show picks up next ep.

12. 09-24-2008 07:57 AM #47
      Yeah episode 3 wasn't the best. And those extra vamps were lame as hell.

And I hate the fangs, have I mentioned that?

I'm thinking episode 1 was the hook, 2 was the hook extended, episode 3 was laying groundwork, and episode 4 might be more groundwork. By episode 5, some serious **** should be going down.

><

13. 09-24-2008 12:23 PM #48
      a lot of sex scenes
      06 CW GTI, Giac chipped, Apr DP, Forge dv and catch can, AEM CAI, Raceland coilovers.

14. 09-24-2008 06:54 PM #49
      I have read most if not all of the Sookie Stackhouse books and so far the show has kept pretty true to the books. I hope the King shows up as well.

The bar owner in the books is a weredog.

There is a lot of potential in this show. Especially if they get into the whole Vampire social hierarchy.

15. 09-24-2008 07:37 PM #50
      Quote, originally posted by lolwtf »
      There is a lot of potential in this show. Especially if they get into the whole Vampire social hierarchy.

They made a ref to the Queen in episode 3.

Episode 4 looks good. Eric shows up! I can't wait! *pant*

><

16. 09-28-2008 12:03 PM #51
      I just caught up with the show. It's watchable. I'll keep up with it. Those accents need to be worked on. I grew up in Louisiana and I've never heard anyone talk like that unless I was watching Hee Haw or some other goofy show like that. I can't stand when actors just "put on the southern accent" and that is how everyone outside of New York and California talk.

Good idea for a show, No more spoilers please.

17. 09-28-2008 10:00 PM #52
      OMG Eric is awesome. I can't wait for more of him, and his flunkies.

The show today didn't seem to follow any direct section of the first book. I hope the series doesn't just go off on some tangent that has nothing to do w the books. That would suck. I guess the thing w the cop was just so you could see what vampires could do. I love that he peed.

><

18. 09-28-2008 10:01 PM #53
      Also it was nice to see, sweet, strong Bill have to bow down to a higher vampire in the hierarchy.

><

19. 09-29-2008 12:12 AM #54
      edited for possible spoiler.. but it seems pretty obvious. maybe too obvious?

Modified by THURSTON_HOWELL_III at 9:42 AM 9-29-2008

"Just ignore the smoke and smile..." - MJK

http://www.flickr.com/photos/r-k-f/

20. 09-29-2008 12:14 AM #55
      sigh.

><

21. 09-29-2008 11:39 AM #56
      what i dont understand is that sookie can drink tons fo vampire blood and is pretty much normal...but here brother drink a vial and has penor malfunction. Now how is that fair?

22. 09-29-2008 11:53 AM #57
      Quote, originally posted by starr18t »
      what i dont understand is that sookie can drink tons fo vampire blood and is pretty much normal...but here brother drink a vial and has penor malfunction. Now how is that fair?

Sookie was almost dead when she drank Bill's blood. Jason was fine, and drank that whole vial. I'm sure that has something to do w it, as the blood would be working hard to repair her body. Since it would have no similar goal in Jason it went straight to his libido.

><

23. 09-29-2008 12:05 PM #58

Ok please bear with me. I never read any of the books but I enjoy the show. Glad I found this thread with you all who understand it in detail?

Can someone explain the difference between a vampire and a werewolf? (besides the fact one is a human and the other a dog?)

Thanks in advance!!!!

Vehicles
      00 golf
      09-29-2008 01:17 PM #59
      i love how all vampires do is have sex.

were these books written by a man in his early twenties?

25. 09-29-2008 01:29 PM #60
      I havet seen the newst episode (yet) so I may not be ansering your question exactly.

A werewolf/dog is pretty much a wild animal. In most other stories when they change they are wild voracious animals. WW/D are solitary live away from people. When they change and eat it looks like some wild animal jus twen t nuts on something meaty. (I haven't read the book either so I could be way off base here too)

Vampires are more controlled, community living (vampire nests), rules (don't eat anyone else's food), some in this story are trying to live by mortal rules, they have lived with and in scociety for a long time and are able to cover their existance. The comon thread in a lot of the vampire stuff is there are a set of rules to follow.

Just a though.

26. Member
      09-29-2008 01:30 PM #61
      Quote, originally posted by jajohnsoniii »

Ok please bear with me. I never read any of the books but I enjoy the show. Glad I found this thread with you all who understand it in detail?

Can someone explain the difference between a vampire and a werewolf? (besides the fact one is a human and the other a dog?)

Thanks in advance!!!!

funny you say that...i kind of caught on to something like that last night, he had a pic of the stray dog inside his house(or was it his office?)...and also he was sniffing and rolling around in the dead broads sheets so i figure they're hinting at something..

slaughterhouse.

27. Member
      Vehicles
      2008 Volvo C30
      09-29-2008 03:17 PM #62
      Uhhh can you guys try not to spoil **** like this please?
      I've been enjoying the show so far. The Buffy/Blade reference was pretty funny.

28. 09-29-2008 04:49 PM #63
      As far as the books are concerned, Sam isn't a were-anything. He's something else entirely.

As far as werewolves are concerned, they are not necessarily the volitile creature of legend. They are normal people w normal day jobs and normal lives, who can shift into wolves and live under the wolf heirarchy in a werewolf pack.

Hope that clears up some misconceptions.

No more spoilers, ppl!

><

Vehicles
      MKV GTI / RIP MKIV Jetta / Burn in HADES GLS Beetle 1.8T!
      09-29-2008 06:05 PM #64
      Don't know if that was a spoiler or just good old fashioned speculation.

Anywho, catching up on episode 4 right now... i'm loving this show

"We'll not risk another frontal assault... that rabbit's DYNAMITE!"

MKV GTI : 4dr / TR / 50mm Vogtland & FK cup kit / 27mm Hotchkis RSB / S6 Reps / Stubby Antenna / Baby seat!!!

30. Member
      09-30-2008 10:01 AM #65
      Quote, originally posted by uv23 »
      Uhhh can you guys try not to spoil **** like this please?
      I've been enjoying the show so far. The Buffy/Blade reference was pretty funny.

we call what i said "speculation".

relax and just enjoy the show, i don't know anymore about the show than you do.

slaughterhouse.

31. 09-30-2008 10:21 AM #66
      yeah between the growling in bed with tara,
      and the sniffing of sheets,
      and the dog,
      you gotta figure he is a were-something.

i never read the books though,
      so i don't really want to hear speculation based on what is in those.

32. Member
      09-30-2008 10:52 AM #67
      yeah exactly...imo, they're hinting at it pretty hard too...

i didn't even know the books existed until this page of the thread

slaughterhouse.

33. 09-30-2008 07:47 PM #68
      Quote, originally posted by asinryan »
      i didn't even know the books existed until this page of the thread

Pretty sure I mentioned it on p1.

><

34. 10-01-2008 08:32 AM #69
      xennifer...i have a serious question for you

Are you a vampire? You seem to know a lot about this stuff and you only post at night.

35. 10-01-2008 08:38 AM #70
      Quote, originally posted by starr18t »
      xennifer...i have a serious question for you

Are you a vampire? You seem to know a lot about this stuff and you only post at
      night.

Shhhhh! Quit sharing my secret w everyone.

><

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast