Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever heard of or used JOM coilovers (a little about Vmaxx in here too).

Vehicles
      Bagged B*tch. and Mk1 4dr Rabbit
      12-01-2008 11:04 PM #51
      Fk Streetlines or Vmaxx? seriously torn.

Vehicles
      12-01-2008 11:05 PM #52
      ...maybe JOM?

Vehicles
      jetta III, mkVI tdi
      12-01-2008 11:08 PM #53
      are you buying soon i would wait, a couple guys are about to post reviews i have fks on the way and dangerous_dave has jom's on the way it might be worth your wait
      Quote Originally Posted by VW2002GTI View Post
      be patient young jedi you will get your come upins

Vehicles
      12-01-2008 11:31 PM #54
      probably not buying till end of winter/ spring. just seeing whats good on the market.

Vehicles
      jetta III, mkVI tdi
      12-02-2008 09:05 PM #55
      streetlines will be delivered friday and installed friday

6. 12-02-2008 09:22 PM #56
      the joms are scheduled for delivery tomorrow. if i can drive home at lunch and throw them on at work if its slow then i will write the review tomorrow night.

Vehicles
      98 Gti 97 Jetta 91 Gti 81 Rabbit
      12-03-2008 04:13 PM #57
      Quote, originally posted by dangerous_dave »
      the joms are scheduled for delivery tomorrow. if i can drive home at lunch and throw them on at work if its slow then i will write the review tomorrow night.

sorrry to hear about it taking so long kind of a downside, but i'm really excited to hear your review!!!!!!!!!!! make sure you drive around on them and do some spirited driving to see how they corner and handle. AND PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOTS OF PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!
      If you're not having fun, then you're taking this stuff too seriously

Message me if you're looking for bodywork in Wisconsin, my shop is on Horicon 53032

Vehicles
      12-03-2008 04:14 PM #58
      Quote, originally posted by tomythakat »
      streetlines will be delivered friday and installed friday

get that review on here asap... do exactally whta i said in the post above to dangerous_dave....

Message me if you're looking for bodywork in Wisconsin, my shop is on Horicon 53032

9. 12-03-2008 08:15 PM #59
      well i installed the joms tonight but ran out of time so i couldnt align the car. drove it home 9 miles and my first impression isnt that good. at first i drove it with 25 threads up front and 30 in the rear but i was rubbing alot.i now have 30 threads from the bottom up front and 38 in the rear. it rides ok but is real bouncy but we all knew it was going to be like that. i now have zero wheel gap. i wanted to crank them down more but my poor choice of tire size wont allow me to. i made the mistake of buying 205 45 16 tires because i didnt think i was ever going to buy coilovers. it was too dark to take pictures and i was exhausted and just wanted to go home. im going to experiment with removing the bump stops to see if that makes it ride better when i have more time. i need to roll my fenders and i may throw my 14's on and see how that goes.
      i will write a proper review with pictures when time allows.
      all i can say now is these will dump your car to the ground with the right tire size and offset but my initial reaction is save up and buy mid grade fk's with dampening adjustment if you are in the market for coilovers.
      stay tuned for the full review.

Modified by dangerous_dave at 8:17 PM 12-3-2008

10. 12-03-2008 09:23 PM #60
      Yeah bro take a break! When people try to do things fast you tend to miss the important little things. I'm also trying to decide on V-max, JOM, and the FK because the price is right. I'll be rolling my fenders will you guys get your cars dialed in and give us the results. Just remember to "take your time but hurry up" words of my annoying first boss.

Vehicles
      12-03-2008 11:46 PM #61
      well i installed the joms tonight but ran out of time so i couldnt align the car. drove it home 9 miles and my first impression isnt that good. at first i drove it with 25 threads up front and 30 in the rear but i was rubbing alot.i now have 30 threads from the bottom up front and 38 in the rear. it rides ok but is real bouncy but we all knew it was going to be like that. i now have zero wheel gap. i wanted to crank them down more but my poor choice of tire size wont allow me to. i made the mistake of buying 205 45 16 tires because i didnt think i was ever going to buy coilovers. it was too dark to take pictures and i was exhausted and just wanted to go home. im going to experiment with removing the bump stops to see if that makes it ride better when i have more time. i need to roll my fenders and i may throw my 14's on and see how that goes.
      i will write a proper review with pictures when time allows.
      all i can say now is these will dump your car to the ground with the right tire size and offset but my initial reaction is save up and buy mid grade fk's with dampening adjustment if you are in the market for coilovers.
      stay tuned for the full review.

Modified by dangerous_dave at 8:17 PM 12-3-2008

I road in a buddys car before he took out the bumpstops and after he did (he was basically riding on the bumpstop and that wasn't allowing any compression at all which made the ride even worse than it already was) and the after was much better... thanks for the slight update and i'm VERY excited to hear the full review.... and i mean keep in mind you paid 450bucks for something that'z DUMPING your car

12. 12-04-2008 07:29 PM #62
      i got the car aligned but it still feels off. im going to align it again tomorrow. it no longer rubs at all so i may take it down a few more threads. maybe i will cut the bump stops in half too while im at it.

Vehicles
      jetta III, mkVI tdi
      12-07-2008 12:26 AM #63
      i got the fk's the install was no problem, i am happy with them the ride is good but the rears are way to soft im gonna have to roll the fenders i have 195/50/15 on 8's and they rub so i went a couple threads up they are ok now but i have about an inch and a half of wheel gap and cant put any weight in the back and (i had to get a camber kit) when i got the alignment, i am also noticing alot of creeking in them so i would recommend them if you are not running wide wheels, or if you are running wide wheels that are 14's or smaller.

Vehicles
      12-07-2008 04:51 PM #64
      i got the car aligned but it still feels off. im going to align it again tomorrow. it no longer rubs at all so i may take it down a few more threads. maybe i will cut the bump stops in half too while im at it.

well you gotta post up some pics soon...
      ask around a little more or just cut the bumpstops it worked for my buddy!
      Quote, originally posted by tomythakat »
      i got the fk's the install was no problem, i am happy with them the ride is good but the rears are way to soft im gonna have to roll the fenders i have 195/50/15 on 8's and they rub so i went a couple threads up they are ok now but i have about an inch and a half of wheel gap and cant put any weight in the back and (i had to get a camber kit) when i got the alignment, i am also noticing alot of creeking in them but that could be the new control arms, ball joints and sway bar bushings i installed the previous day. so i would recommend them if you are not running wide wheels, or if you are running wide wheels that are 14's or smaller.

there to soft!!! i wasn't expecting that.. sounds good though,
      and you have to post pics ASAP as well.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      Current VWs I own...'60 '60 '63 '76 '82 '83 '91 '92 '96 '96 '97 '03
      12-07-2008 09:37 PM #65
      yeah lets see some stance pics!
      @captainsaveadub

16. 12-07-2008 11:10 PM #66
      i will have time to do a proper review with pics on wednesday or thursday.

Vehicles
      12-08-2008 11:43 PM #67
      i will have time to do a proper review with pics on wednesday or thursday.

alright sounds good... DONT FORGET i'm very anxious for pics

Vehicles
      97 Jetta VR6 97 GTi VR6 Turbo(Gone but not forgotten)
      12-09-2008 11:29 PM #68
      Good site to buy coilovers.
      http://www.amimotorsports.com/store

19. 12-12-2008 01:43 PM #69
      any more info on what coils to get

Vehicles
      12-12-2008 05:07 PM #70
      Quote, originally posted by got rado »
      any more info on what coils to get

that's a pretty blunt statement... what're you looking for

21. 12-13-2008 12:32 PM #71
      to see if that guy got rid of the bump stops to se if the ride is better

Vehicles
      12-15-2008 10:52 PM #72
      I def wanna see some pics of the JOMs on dangerousdaves ride. And I've been hearing nothing but bad on FKs both highsports and streetlines. Let me know what anyone else thinks

Vehicles
      451, K1500, Z33
      12-16-2008 02:24 AM #73
      I have FK Konigsports and like them a lot. The ride quality is very nice with adjustable dampening. The car is pretty low and takes bumps nicely.....
      FK is a good brand but the high sport and street lines are just practically the same as the vmaxx's and what not, but FK is a more well known brand in my opinion so they have my vote....
      Edit Signature Here

Vehicles
      12-17-2008 12:54 AM #74
      def def im not bashing FK's by all means just throwing it out there that ive heard some ish about those two particular models.
      JOM pics?!
      ...ANY pics?

Vehicles
      jetta III, mkVI tdi
      12-17-2008 11:21 AM #75
      Quote, originally posted by KyleRI »
      I def wanna see some pics of the JOMs on dangerousdaves ride. And I've been hearing nothing but bad on FKs both highsports and streetlines. Let me know what anyone else thinks
      fk street lines are awesome

Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast