Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling all Forza 2 Racers. Feedback wanted!

1. 09-29-2008 03:45 PM #1
      Hello everyone!

My name is Landin Williams, and I am currently working with Turn 10 Studios, the folks responsible for the Forza franchise.

The reason I am posting here is to touch base with some of the Forza 2 gamers on this board to get some feedback regarding our game. Mainly I am looking to find out how we can make our games more appealing to the automotive enthusiast. So feel free to post any feedback or ideas you may have.

Also make sure to post your Xbox LIVE gamertag and I will make sure to gift you a few exclusive cars

Thanks!
      Landin

Modified by Landin T10 at 1:11 PM 9-29-2008

Vehicles
      Mk6 Gti
      09-29-2008 03:54 PM #2
      Drifting stuff, in car view, real weather physics (rain stuff like that) and night time
      Gamertags in my sig btw.

Modified by Razorsoul921 at 3:56 PM 9-29-2008

Modified by Razorsoul921 at 3:57 PM 9-29-2008

Vehicles
      2012 Prius Three, 2013 Golf R
      09-29-2008 04:08 PM #3
      - better tracks -- to be blunt, forza's tracks are bland
      - weather elements and time of day options
      - better crash physics (flips, better damage modeling)
      - smarter AI
      - more tuning options (boost levels, engine swaps) and more realistic tuning. we can't get 40hp from an exhaust on a naturally aspirated 4-banger
      - better replay angles on the cameras (also see gran turismo series)
      - zombies

EDIT: GT is Suture703

Modified by Suture at 9:08 PM 10/4/2008

2013 Golf R: APR Stage 1+, VWR intake, APR HPFP, APR Mobile, LED tails, OEM RVC

4. 09-29-2008 04:09 PM #4
      1. weather!!!

-rain
      -wet(no rain, just wet track)
      -snow
      -ice
      -mud sections on the track)
      -day / night variations

would really make me love Forza2 more than I do and should be a fairly easy way to offer different variations of popular tracks.

2. slight changes in camera to improve realism (a bit of shake after rubbing the curb or pendulum effect after a nasty transition)

3. rally cars / trucks / tracks

Vehicles
      92 VR-T syncro GTI
      09-29-2008 04:13 PM #5
      Create a meaningful career experience. your game is nothing more than checklist gameplay, and it doesnt create motivation for the average person to play through.

Dont try to compete with the GT massive car lists. Build fewer cars, but have better quality models (a lot of the Forza 2 models were very inaccurate).

More depth to visual customization (body parts and mods). Your vinyl system is class best, but the car mods and drivetrain customization are really shallow.

Be culturally relevant. You're trying too hard to cater to the automotive enthusiast gamer (small market), you should be trying to hit a larger/wider casual audience (like NFS does).

Being on a single platform certainly doesnt help. Although it would pay off to embrace mobile platforms if nothing else.

6. 09-29-2008 04:18 PM #6
      nize!

GT is cuco33

LOVE the game and I think the amount of cars is fine. I'ld love to see a few others in the mix like a mk1 rabbit gti, a scirocco (mk1 or mk2), a jetta (all models) few more classic audis.. More aftermarket parts and wheels (that's obvious) from OEM upgrades (i.e. mk2 gti should have small bumpers and big bumpers as options) along with the usual aftermarket stuff, just more of it. Oh, we should be able to paint the aero goodies like the rear spoilers.

Tracks... I like the current selection, I'ld like to see some more. LeMans, Monza, sh*t I can be here all day! Throw in 1/4 mile track along with some sort of bracket racing/elimination for 1/4 mile... this would have people beyond intrigued and battling it out a chunk. Top speed pulls on a 'straight' track to see who can get the highest as well. A lot of the FM1 things that didn't carry over to FM2.

Turbo-ed/Supercharged motors would love to see some more detail and options. We all know we can go 'stage X turbo' and all options have advantages and disadvantages but it'ld be cool to be able to tweak boost settings and let it hinder performance down low like massive turbo lag or what not. Throw in the random reliability too for certain modes. If someone pushes a motor a chunk that's running really high on boost it'll be more likely to break down. It'ld be cool if the person oversized an intercooler running a certain boost levels would hinder performance and likewise, if the intercooler was too small you'ld have heat issues hindering performance. Some guys for the 1/4 mile runs can WAY overdo it and run great, then BOOM... out of the race/tourney. That would rock!

Pits, not really a gripe but have some guys in there, with more than claw hands btw lol, and some type of animation. As it is now car pulls in and leaves with no one fixing it. Minor issue but itl'd be nice.

Visuals. Probably the #1 complaint. I myself don't think it's bad. I actually thing it looks quite good and would prefer a better running game with a gazillion options over eye candy. But if you can deliver on the eye candy... sweet jesus!

Personalized custom driver. Let him be able to buy different fire suits, shoes, gloves and the obvious, helmet. Along with be able to customize the helmet and gear. Would rock!

I don't mind the abundance of R class cars but there's a lot of loopholes. Too many Vipers and Porsches and not enough other cars in it's classes.

I'll stop here... I can go on for days on end. Even a small improvement in FM3 would rock and I'ld buy it, and all track/car packs day 1 lol

ninjaedit: to add to TBTSyncro, the career mode should be free to race anywhere but bonuses should be had by, say, the 'sponsor' to race a specific car class race/tourney. This would prevent the checklist feel. It'ld be one of those 'ok do I pick finishing the checklist or do I go and do this test/race/tourney for more money?' and you can throw in the experience points/discounts thing into the races only and not the sponsor requested races. Piss off the sponsor and you'll be looking for a new one. Thatld be cool.

BTW sent PM

Modified by CuCo33 at 4:25 PM 9-29-2008

7. 09-29-2008 04:24 PM #7
      Quote, originally posted by TBT-Syncro »
      Create a meaningful career experience. your game is nothing more than checklist gameplay, and it doesnt create motivation for the average person to play through.

agreed!

Vehicles
      Nissan 370Z 6MT
      09-29-2008 04:32 PM #8
      Quote, originally posted by CuCo33 »
      nize!

Turbo-ed/Supercharged motors would love to see some more detail and options. We all know we can go 'stage X turbo' and all options have advantages and disadvantages but it'ld be cool to be able to tweak boost settings and let it hinder performance down low like massive turbo lag or what not. Throw in the random reliability too for certain modes. If someone pushes a motor a chunk that's running really high on boost it'll be more likely to break down. It'ld be cool if the person oversized an intercooler running a certain boost levels would hinder performance and likewise, if the intercooler was too small you'ld have heat issues hindering performance. Some guys for the 1/4 mile runs can WAY overdo it and run great, then BOOM... out of the race/tourney. That would rock!

I really like that idea.

I would like to see:
      -More tracks
      - a 1/4 mile track
      - better AI
      - in-car view(would be even better if you guys changed how the interior looks after a person 'guts' the interior).

GT: eddie564

Previously in Eddie's garage:

'07 VW GTI DSG

Vehicles
      2002 Gti 24v VR6
      09-29-2008 04:40 PM #9
      I agree with having the weather effects.. Also time of day. Also in regards to someone saying damage i think it would be cool if say you hit another car and the bumper falls off or something like that.. if someone else hits the peices of your car that fall off for it to damage their cars.

GT: durty dubz

Psn: durtydubz

Vehicles
      2003 Civic SiR
      09-29-2008 04:55 PM #10
      Weather effects and a good cockpit camera with interiors. Make the sense of speed more realistic too, you almost have it!

I wouldn't mind the tuning options to be a bit more broadened as well. Why do I have only a few engine choices for swaps?

I'd love the sounds to be a bit more detailed as well. The engines sounded great, but I'd love to hear the whine of a supercharger or blow off valve on a tuned turbo, etc.

I'm sure I'll have more later.

Gamertag: ZoomBoy81

09-29-2008 06:54 PM #11
      For me the game is pretty good, i have a new found love for it again after i got my racing wheel.

1. I would love to see different weather i mean it could start raining during a race forcing me to pit and change tires.
      2. day/night racing is a given,
      3. also it would be nice to have a menu when pitting that allow me to change just tires, or take on fuel only.Take on X amount of fuel or certain tires. I believe this would open up the racing and allow for more strategy.
      4. Another thing is that i would love to race with more people, if possible open up the racing to 20 people or so.
      5.And last thing i promise, is make the career more interactive, right now it's a checklist, i really like what codemasters did with GRID, something similar would be nice.

Gamertag: Shantzez

Modified by GTI 4 ME at 3:55 PM 9-29-2008

Modified by GTI 4 ME at 8:12 AM 10-1-2008

Vehicles
      2004 Lancer Ralliart Sedan (not quite stock)
      09-29-2008 07:11 PM #12
      More tracks
      In-car view complete with dashboard
      More series
      Day/night races, complete with weather cycles

Keep the physics and high frame rate. I'll sacrifice prettiness for gameplay and a sense of speed. GT5: Prologue fails HARD at striking the balance. GT5's really pretty, but doesn't feel all that fast and the physics still suck.

'tag's in the sig.

XBL--lJesse Custerl|PSN-lJesseCusterl
      EBC brakes, Injen SRI, ridiculous stereo, etc.

13. 09-29-2008 07:53 PM #13
      I posted this in a previous thread of similar topic:

Quote, originally posted by bRett 32 »
      Some great ideas - there are some similar threads on the forzamotorsport.net forums but trying to read through them and scroll through the giant banner'd sigs is obnoxious.

Flagging system
      Great idea from earlier in the thread - especially for longer races. A yellow would bunch the field back up and also introduce some pit strategy if the tire/fuel life were shortened.

Online Track day/open testing
      I think this would be a lot of fun. If you want to work on setups, maybe develop a 'spec series' car with friends, or chat with some folks instead of doing practice laps in single player. It would also be helpful for those having a hard time tuning cars to possibly get some feedback from others.

More cars on track
      This is probably the improvement I'd like to see most. ALMS style racing with different classes on track would be really cool also. Discipline would be required, but overtaking slower cars/lower classes and avoiding faster cars would keep longer races interesting, offer some cool strategy implications and add to the experience. In single-class races it would give you someone to race against no matter your place in the field - with only 8 cars the field can get stretched out quickly and you're left waiting for those in front of you to make a mistake or simply trying to crank out fast laps, etc.

graphics
      I'm sure there is room for improvement here, but honestly the game looks good enough for me. I'd rather see them add features, cars and tracks and save the time and effort involved in completely recreating the cars and track models they already have.

Racing modifications/Paint/Wheels
      I'd love a larger wheel selection, and if it isn't massively difficult either the ability to adjust offset/wheel face depth or simply offsets.

I'd also like to see a more real-world 'racing modification' - someone summed it up well earlier, wider vented fenders, ducting, hoods, etc. I think it was Gran Turismo 1 that had livery-equipped racing modifications for virtually every car you could buy.

The ability to paint the 'racing' wings, diffusers, and splitters would be great - as well as being able to paint/sticker over the windows of race modified cars. I'd also like the ability to pain the car as a single 'canvas' instead of trying to match up stripes/logos/whatever across the different sections of the car - but admittedly I'm an impatient paint n00b.

Progressive single-player mode
      Someone hit the nail on the head with this idea earlier. I don't mind the later events requiring lower class cars - but requiring them to be stock is very odd. While the parody means its a 'driver's' event, as you progress in the game it should also require more tuning skill. Instead of stock cars how about cars limited to suspension and brake upgrades only or something of that nature.

When you finally close out single player mode - how about some unlocked features - a 'prestige' mode even as in COD4 online.

I'd love to see a 'team owner' or 'crew chief' mode after finishing off the single player races. Close them all out and you're able to own your own team with hired drivers. And you can enter multiple cars in each race. This allows you some interaction in tuning the cars, selecting who you're going to enter in what races, creating team liveries, building a team of car XYZ for events etc. All while not having to do the same races over and over and over to raise funds for new/different cars you want to use online, etc.

Also among the preset/included graphics or stickers you can paint on the cars - how about some track maps or track outlines. I've found as I've played online it is sometimes necessary to have track-specific setups for your chosen car in a given class. The track outlines would be handy for organizing them in your garage.

The Garage
      As you accumulate cars the Forza 2 garage gets a bit cumbersome - I don't need something like PGR has, but the ability to group the cars more easily by class and then access them that way, or to build your own categories would be great.

Tracks
      More of them. I realize this is probably one of the more time-consuming aspects of the game, but it is also the biggest factor in long-term enjoyment. It seems that offering more cars as DLC is a quicker process than adding tracks - pack in as many as you can, and if need-be make more cars available later.

Cars
      Easy to make a list of tons of cars I'd like to see. But I'd be thrilled with what others have mentioned earlier - more ALMS, Koni Challenge cars, and something like Australian V8 Supercars would be outstanding.

Weather and Day/Night transitions
      This is also probably asking alot, but it would add a new dimension to the game. While I think the glare of the sun on tracks like Laguna Seca is well done, and a cool element in the game - I don't particularly like that that is the only way I can run that track.

Rain would also be very cool and add another huge variable to the game

Spending, Earning and Funds
      While online play is the highlight of Forza 2 to me - the single player game was great the first time through as I was looking forward to being able to purchase many of the cars.

Farther up the page I mentioned an owner/crew chief mode - and while I think it would be great to have something like that, what would you do with all the funds you brought in. As you progress through Forza 2 it almost becomes difficult to find something to blow your credits on - especially so for those the are active online and in the auction house.

So what then?

Damage is already a debit against your winnings - but how about a fuel charge, fines for aggressive driving and black flags. How about charging per set of tires and having an inventory for each car, or sizes that cars can share - another element you'd have to monitor when building cars - i'd love to run 275's on my S920 Skyline but I already have several cars using 255s etc.

Entry fees for online tournaments, buy-ins for online races as an option - fees for entry are thrown into the pool and rewarded in a weighted fashion based on finishing order - fall behind and leave the game early? your credits stay in the pot.

Take it a step further - others have proposed flipping cars, damage that ends your race, maybe even writing off an entire car - charge for it. Maybe allow for a 'line of credit' as well - that way if you happen to write off your last car, or the only one that can complete a race you need to finish you at least have a way to replace it - even if it comes with a cost penalty.

Replace regional discounts with sponsorship opportunities - especially interesting with the owner/crew chief idea - Honda offers you 5 FG Civic Si's at no charge, they will not show up in your garage until you sell off all your other D-class cars, OR offer some type of classification system where you can designate cars as 'ineligible' for racing but keep them in your garage to take advantage of the different sponsorship opportunities.

Forza 2 was fantastic, and I've just recently picked it up and started playing again, looking forward to the 3rd installment.

Modified by bRett 32 at 2:11 PM 8-1-2008

GT = Hoss915

Kudos on the 1st two games looking forward to the 3rd go-round

Vehicles
      2004 1.8T VW GTI, 2010 2.5L VW Jetta
      09-29-2008 08:26 PM #14
      a thing that has always bothered me is the camera views never look realistic. as in, our eyes perceive it differently from a camera mounted in the car everything looks much more distant in a camera view, but in real life it would seem a lot closer. people might think i'm crazy. but try it. you'll see what i mean

GT: danger room

15. 09-29-2008 09:09 PM #15
      GT: jahoban

1/4mile and 1/8mile drag strips
      straight line top speed test site ie:salt flats or something similar
      rally cars and tracks
      mk3 vw
      in car view

i love forza 2 and i am really looking forward to the next game

jason

Vehicles
      04 BMP GLI
      09-29-2008 10:04 PM #16
      More realistic car and part prices
      More accurate hp gains
      Pre made skins or the ability to import images to use on our cars.
      More genres of quality driving music.
      GT : thenick337
      Oh yeah I'd cut a fool for drag racing as an event.
      I want Carbon Fiber vinyl badly.

Im sure Im gonna add to this again soon.

Modified by thenick at 10:09 PM 9-29-2008

Is it too much to ask for you dumb little monkeys to actually read the prior posts in the thread, and attempt to use some semblance of punctuation, capitalization, and general friggin grammar?
      Yes, this is mostly directed at the MKIV forum.
      Now GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!!!

17. 09-29-2008 11:35 PM #17
      more tracks basictly. oh and a legit 1/4 track. that would be so awesome.

some things i dont understand about the speed elements of some of the cars. say if a car was x amount of lbs and had x amount of HP. and a car that was lighter (hundreds of lbs) but didnt have as much HP. (lets say 40 HP less) but yet everytime the first car would come out on top, no matter what in the straights.

even happens with cars that are lighter and more HP than the first car mentioned.

GT: MkII 6661

18. 09-30-2008 12:55 AM #18
      More volkswagens, 1/4 track.

gt vegas06jetta

19. 09-30-2008 01:05 AM #19
      make it so when you rub a wall it doesn't suck you around and spin your for a loop. I very rarely ever see a real racecar brush a wall and have this happen. you hit and bounce off. This shouldn't be to hard to figure out. The AI is pathetic. So many times i've had the AI never touch the brakes coming into a corner slam into me destroy my car and they drive off with nothing wrong. I love a good hard race but c'mon! That isn't racing thats a rolling demo derby. The car selection i don't have much of a gripe about. The tuning is fine the mod's could go more in depth. Maybe in the tuning option put in a tab for motor tuning. rev limiters boost levels motor timing all of the things relevant to tuning a motor. You buy stand alone race ECU's in the game that in real life are fully programmable. Why not be able to implement that into the game.

As said before.. weather would be a blast. Rain tires... night races. I would love to run some of these tracks in the dark. WIND! Wind can play a big factor in racing. The tracks i would love to see the test tracks dissappear. They are terrible for the most part. Myself i have never enjoyed them. Alpine Ring, Blue Mountain, and there was one other from Forza 1 that never made it into 2... I use to love running on those tracks. Bring back some of those. Add more real life tracks. Hockenheimring would be a good one. Sonoma, Watkins Glen. those are just a few of the many tracks that could be put into the game.

GT is VW 12v Golf

Modified by 85Golf12v at 10:11 PM 9-29-2008

20. 09-30-2008 02:01 AM #20
      1) Weather...or at least adjustable times of day, etc. Its all about building atmosphere.

2) Online Track Day: An open session which can be held at a track, letting people pit, enter the garage...change cars, and keep running etc. Lots of guys like to do laps to tune cars etc, while chatting - this would be fun.

3) Call me horrible..I want more normal cars. The 500+ exotic cars outnumber your "normal" cars in Forza.

4) I'd like to be able to make a normal car INTO a full blown race car. While you get vaguely close in Forza 2, maybe you should add a "race bodywork" option, along with legit racing brakes etc. I want plexi-glass windows, hood pins, etc.

5) Make the "quick sand" areas on the tracks optional...they get in the way of some good racing sometimes.

6) Online - be able to name your lobby/room/race...so we can run special classes, etc.

7) I drive automatic, because I cant stand trying to shift on a controller...but it'd be nice if my auto-tragic transmission didn't shift immediately at redline..

8) The career mode definitely needs to be completely revamped...changed. I'd like to see some "real" racing classes etc.

9) I liked being able to train your own AI in Forza 1, and also being able to race against AI which are piloting your own cars you'd built. That was a nice touch.

10) Also...better tracks - there are hundreds of fantastic race tracks at the world, and yet the Forza selection was very lame this last time around..

11) Damage modelling needs some work - also it'd be nice to be able to "rub" someone, without it destroying your entire car. Also add a possible super-simulation damage, where if you go 140 mph into a wall, your car explodes, and you are done...completely done.

12) In car would be amazing, but I know thats a lot of work, etc.

13) Also, when applying vinyls, it'd be great to have a "typewriter" function, so you could write something without having to do it one letter at a time.

14) Sounds...they're decent, but I want SimBin real serious sounds...supercharging, turbos, transmission whines...etc.

15) I'll post more later..

And while I think this is all a clever hoax...just in case: Elb0ws

Thats the gamertag...

Vehicles
      1998 Pelican Blue Audi A4Q Sport
      09-30-2008 03:31 AM #21
      "Michael Blue"

1) Make it so you can actually BROWSE your GARAGE without LOCKING UP the game!!!

I played completely through the game, own every car in the game, and held some high ranking lap times at one point...

...Now, I rarely play the game, because I get SICK of having to sort through my car collection on "car list" (text) mode, because the game FREEZES every time I scroll through more than about 4-5 cars in the garage.

2) Also, many games are moving to a system where the people in the room can "vote to remove" a single player, if they're intentionally running people off the road, etc. This would be good, but only if it doesn't put the power in just one person's hands.

3) Damage, weather, longer car lists (more exotics, historic exotics, etc, fewer variations of the same damned cars, etc) would all be great.

4) REPLAY IN MULTIPLAYER.

Thanks!

~Michael

Vehicles
      2009 Cobalt SS
      09-30-2008 08:48 AM #22
      VWVortex=/=Automotive enthusiasts. They're all sheeple.

I'll echo what everyone else is saying. More tracks. Basically, anything that shows up on the ALMS or Rolex schedule, I'd like to drive in FM. A race into the darkness a-la ALMS champs would be fricken awesome!! Creating all those variations of that stupid king-cobra track was a real cop-out of creating some awesome tracks.

Interior view isn't at all important to me. It obstructs view and do I really need to be distracted by a pair of hands turning a wheel?

I'd like to be able to paint on wheels. Ex: Bronze centers with polished lips. But in the scheme of things, it really makes no difference in the overall picture.

In online lobbies, it'd be nice to have a group vote to kick a player, as well as increasing room size to at least 16. Also, some sort of "pot" to wager races, because honestly, online races didn't pay enough to support my habit of building cars, and that led to people cheating. Granted, having half a million of your dough in the pot could lead to cheating, however, it wouldn't of been the kind of cheating that required hacking your console.

FM2, IMO, really hit the nail on the head as far as car selection. You have everything I could want to drive/tune, hell, you could even sacrifice cars for tracks.

Being able to race in rain would be awesome. With the ability to switch to rain tires, it would make for some epic races/pit strategies.

Make sure the ZR-1 and CTS-V are in there and I'll be a happy camper.

Oh yea, gamertag= JoeBMX

Vehicles
      1985 Jetta CIS-e
      09-30-2008 09:11 AM #23
      Hi Landin,
      There is a pretty extensive list of "I would like to see this in the next Forza" in this thread. Good luck.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3943784
      GT-effmerunning

Modified by muttonchops at 7:12 AM 9-30-2008

Xbox Live GT: effmerunning
      Currently playing: GOW 3

Vehicles
      2009 Cobalt SS
      09-30-2008 09:18 AM #24
      Quote, originally posted by muttonchops »
      Hi Landin,
      There is a pretty extensive list of "I would like to see this in the next Forza" in this thread. Good luck.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3943784
      GT-effmerunning

Modified by muttonchops at 7:12 AM 9-30-2008

So that means we can say, "search noob!!"

Vehicles
      07 BMP GTI
      09-30-2008 09:32 AM #25
      Quote, originally posted by Suture »
      - smarter AI
      - more tuning options (boost levels, engine swaps) and more realistic tuning. we can't get 40hp from an exhaust on a naturally aspirated 4-banger
      - zombies

hit the nail on the head right there....

also, i dont think that if i slightly rubbed a wall going 100mph it would send my car into a spin. i wouldnt end up with some sparks and paint smudges. its always annoyed me that wen you barely bump the wall in forza your funked....

also, WHY THE **** did you guys remove the test track and drag strip? i used to love those for testing and top speed runs. PLEASE bring those back! and a top speed track would be great, a long 5 mile straight away or something...

Modified by dankvwguy at 9:34 AM 9-30-2008

THE CBOX KREW
      There's always time for a GI Joe orgy

Vehicles
      98 318ti | 02 Z3 Coupe
      09-30-2008 10:20 AM #26
      - Point to point races from Forza 1
      - Sub garages so that the player can put cars where they want to
      - Better garage overall, lots of cars = locked up
      - More real world tracks
      - "flat" paint choices, Forza 1 had flat black, 2 doesn't...
      - Paint stock wheels
      - More engine swap choices, people put LSx engines in everything these days, etc.
      - Changing weather (physics change accordingly)
      - Night races
      - More euro cars...
      - Ability to put widebody kits on cars
      - Old racing series cars (IMSA GT cars like Porsche 935...)

It's really cool to see Turn 10 taking an interest in what their customers want.

(GT in sig)

edit for more ideas

Modified by Spidertri at 4:03 PM 9-30-2008

BMW(s)

27. 09-30-2008 10:50 AM #27
      I'm not trying to say your graphics are bad but they are a bit on the cartoonish side. If you can get the graphics a tad better that game would be PERFECT ! ! ! ! ! (for me at least)
      Oh and bring back the test tracks that is a must ! ! !

Gamertag: WhoWantsDis

Modified by EvoJetta at 7:51 AM 9-30-2008

Vehicles
      E46 M3, XJ Cherokee
      09-30-2008 11:55 AM #28
      most has been said already but...

1/4 mile drag strip!!

changing weather/time

loosen up the AI a bit, they seem to be pretty stuck on their line

improve graphics

improve sound (pretty good already)

more tracks

more cars

Like someone said in the other thread, have an online "track day" kind of thing, where you can race with your party, pit, change cars, tune, whatever, then keep going without leaving the party

oh and my gamertag is DiscoBandit8

Vehicles
      2008 Hyundai Accent, 2007 S2000
      09-30-2008 12:00 PM #29
      do want:
      -weather effects
      -time of day option
      -1/4 mile and top speed track
      -more and accurate tracks
      -in car view
      -better damage (remember GT series still don't have this!)
      -more tracks to download
      -a few racing bikes as bonus stuff (this is good for car vs. bike argument)

*This is probably out of your ability - Logitech G25 support or able to get Logitech to make a G25 take support xbox360 (this is always one of the GT series advantage)

do not want:
      -many versions of the same car
      -stupid car that no one ever use (example: 1915 Ford Model T Tourer or 2022 Niki One in GT4)

GameTag: FakeAvus

Windows Vista (32bit only)/7/8 "God Mode"
      - Create new folder on desktop
      - rename folder to the following:
      GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

Vehicles
      2011 VW GTI
      09-30-2008 01:11 PM #30
      Quote, originally posted by Avus »

*This is probably out of your ability - Logitech G25 support or able to get Logitech to make a G25 take support xbox360 (this is always one of the GT series advantage)

x2

- the ability to import images for use on cars (jpg, bmp, etc.)
      - crashes that actually end your race (wheels coming off, total engine damage, etc.)
      - weather/time of day/etc
      - better tracks, more real-world tracks (le mans) & some new city tracks as well
      - better online car sales (no auction...replace with a set price system so you can choose who to sell your cars to)
      - interior view w/ dash

vwot.org

In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught.
      In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity. - Hunter S Thompson

Vehicles
      2003 Vw GTI 1.8T
      09-30-2008 02:48 PM #31
      Quote, originally posted by Suture »
      - smarter AI
      - zombies

tuning is probably my favorite part of racing games.. more engine swaps, being able to turbo almost anything( with the appropriate components needed before hand etc.), change boost levels,etc. and realism to the tuning like stated above would be great.

oh and zombies are always great

more old/rare cars

Modified by elliott18t at 11:51 AM 9-30-2008

F4H-T , Eurocustoms Fmic, Forge splitter,Unitronic Stg1+ (93 oct file) running 20psi, N75j, 3" to 2.5" turboback (RIP)

2006 Jetta 2.5 5spd

Vehicles
      2000 Golf 1.8t (HEATHEN)
      09-30-2008 03:50 PM #32
      Forza is a great series after playing the first one I was hooked.

Things that could be better in Forza.

1. like others have said make the single player mode more rewarding for the gamer, that part of the game got really tedious for me.

2.more tuning ability, for example, changing boost level would be a great addition.

3. better sounds for the motors and exhaust notes should change with different exhausts my vr6 just doesnt sound like a vr6 at all.

4. More and I mean MORE downloadable content. More tracks and cars to download are going to keep gamers coming back.

5. RALLYE GOLF PLEASE

XBL Gamertag = Vr6Heathen

thanks for letting us give our ideas

Modified by Vr6Heathen at 3:53 PM 9-30-2008

Vehicles
      87 Audi 4KCSQ
      09-30-2008 05:04 PM #33
      Quote, originally posted by Vr6Heathen »
      Forza is a great series after playing the first one I was hooked.

Things that could be better in Forza.

1. like others have said make the single player mode more rewarding for the gamer, that part of the game got really tedious for me.

2.more tuning ability, for example, changing boost level would be a great addition.

3. better sounds for the motors and exhaust notes should change with different exhausts my vr6 just doesnt sound like a vr6 at all.

4. More and I mean MORE downloadable content. More tracks and cars to download are going to keep gamers coming back.

5. RALLYE GOLF PLEASE

Modified by Vr6Heathen at 3:53 PM 9-30-2008

X2, Forza 2 is awesome, i love my r32 swapped mk2 gti, but a rallye would be savage.

Vehicles
      87 GTI, 91 Golf, 99.5 Jetta, 07 Rabbit, 13 Focus ST
      09-30-2008 05:11 PM #34
      MK1 GTI, Scirocco(old and new), the ability to vinyl the windows. Not too many complaints here.

Oh, and release before GT5!!!!

Gamer tag in sig

XBL/PS3: ENRGZR
      AKeuro / CCA Motorsport / Air by Santi / Fifteen52 / C2 / Trac Wrap
      Quote Originally Posted by 5P4RK4 View Post
      A dozen 1000 miles is 120,000 not 12000, thats 1.2 1000 miles.
      edit. wow I fail. Im going to leave that there to remind myself not to do math.

35. 09-30-2008 05:13 PM #35
      Has anyone here actually received anything?

I'd like to know if any of you get a car pack for free.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast