Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Results 576 to 600 of 880

    Thread: *** Got Horsepower? Kinetic 1.8T Big Turbo Kit ***

    1. Member steve-o 16v GLI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 25th, 2005
      Location
      Lancaster PA
      Posts
      2,385
      Vehicles
      04 Audi TT 225 Roadster
      03-02-2011 06:03 AM #576
      To anyone who is running the 50 trim .63ar CTS KIT on a stock motor(aka no upped disp.,aeb) what kinda spool are you getting? I just wanna compare how my outdated reflextuning setup compares. Im not sure how big a obd1 2.0l throttlebody is either. But im sure it isnt helping.

      I get about 5psi around 3k and it kinda just stays there until 4k then it spools pretty quick to 14psi. I havent really gotten to drive it much due to the axle though.

      Once I get that fixed im putting my mbc in and shooting for 18ish psi. and ill see what that does to make me care less about spool.
      It's his right to go off on whoever he wants. Etiquette isn't a requirement in America. It's his right as an American to be a douchebag. :-) You don't hate America, do you?

    2. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      6,384
      Vehicles
      01 S4, 02 996TT, 04 A4, 12 Golf R, 15 GTI, 12 TTRS
      03-03-2011 12:32 PM #577
      That seems normal for a 63ar

    3. Member steve-o 16v GLI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 25th, 2005
      Location
      Lancaster PA
      Posts
      2,385
      Vehicles
      04 Audi TT 225 Roadster
      03-03-2011 03:00 PM #578
      Quote Originally Posted by CTS Turbo View Post
      That seems normal for a 63ar
      Sweet! Im def not complaining. I love the kit! I cant wait until I can do rods and actually start to push some real boost! But in a car weighing only 2500lbs, 14psi broke third loose on 15s. I gotta get my 16s on now!
      It's his right to go off on whoever he wants. Etiquette isn't a requirement in America. It's his right as an American to be a douchebag. :-) You don't hate America, do you?

    4. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      6,384
      Vehicles
      01 S4, 02 996TT, 04 A4, 12 Golf R, 15 GTI, 12 TTRS
      03-03-2011 04:58 PM #579
      Quote Originally Posted by steve-o 16v GLI View Post
      Sweet! Im def not complaining. I love the kit! I cant wait until I can do rods and actually start to push some real boost! But in a car weighing only 2500lbs, 14psi broke third loose on 15s. I gotta get my 16s on now!
      Pics or it didn't happen steve

    5. Member steve-o 16v GLI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 25th, 2005
      Location
      Lancaster PA
      Posts
      2,385
      Vehicles
      04 Audi TT 225 Roadster
      03-03-2011 05:54 PM #580
      Quote Originally Posted by CTS Turbo View Post
      Pics or it didn't happen steve
      I gotta take pics of wheelspin in 3rd gear This is gonna be hard.
      Ill try to get some vids/pics once my new wheels are on and the car is aligned.
      It's his right to go off on whoever he wants. Etiquette isn't a requirement in America. It's his right as an American to be a douchebag. :-) You don't hate America, do you?

    6. 03-03-2011 08:07 PM #581
      Quote Originally Posted by CTS Turbo View Post
      Pics or it didn't happen steve
      OOO Ive done it too its even more fun at 18psi

    7. Member desertdubs_C's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 20th, 2009
      Location
      Phoenix
      Posts
      916
      Vehicles
      2005 VW Jetta GLI Blue Lagoon --all stock--
      03-03-2011 11:12 PM #582
      Got my CTS kit in last sat Unfortunately couldn't start on the install due to 12 hr shifts at work This weekend I'll be puting everything in. New CTS Kinetic install thread coming soon. I've got some other little projects going on to include new paint on the valve cover, coil pack ss cover, new intake mani paint, new 42DD stealth catch can install, and CiM vent boost gauge. Can't wait!

      Oh forgot to add in...Question on the wastegate spring. I'm planning on running 15-18 psi on stock internals til I get the money to do the rods with a mbc. Should I put in a 18lb spring in the wastegate? or just leave whats in there alone (currently setup with 12.5lb)

    8. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      6,384
      Vehicles
      01 S4, 02 996TT, 04 A4, 12 Golf R, 15 GTI, 12 TTRS
      03-04-2011 01:05 AM #583
      Quote Originally Posted by desertdubs_C View Post
      Got my CTS kit in last sat Unfortunately couldn't start on the install due to 12 hr shifts at work This weekend I'll be puting everything in. New CTS Kinetic install thread coming soon. I've got some other little projects going on to include new paint on the valve cover, coil pack ss cover, new intake mani paint, new 42DD stealth catch can install, and CiM vent boost gauge. Can't wait!

      Oh forgot to add in...Question on the wastegate spring. I'm planning on running 15-18 psi on stock internals til I get the money to do the rods with a mbc. Should I put in a 18lb spring in the wastegate? or just leave whats in there alone (currently setup with 12.5lb)
      I'd use the small spring to be safe for the time being, if you need a MBC give us a call and we'll hook you up.

    9. Member Three3Se7en's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 1st, 2007
      Location
      Mississippi
      Posts
      1,182
      Vehicles
      02 337. 08 F150
      03-04-2011 01:22 AM #584
      Lots of cts builds going on right now!
      2.1L, 1000cc, Maestro, CompTurbo 5558, CTS, IE intake, Scat rods, more to come..

    10. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      6,384
      Vehicles
      01 S4, 02 996TT, 04 A4, 12 Golf R, 15 GTI, 12 TTRS
      03-04-2011 01:24 AM #585
      Quote Originally Posted by Three3Se7en View Post
      Lots of cts builds going on right now!

      Waiting for pics from one big R

    11. Member desertdubs_C's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 20th, 2009
      Location
      Phoenix
      Posts
      916
      Vehicles
      2005 VW Jetta GLI Blue Lagoon --all stock--
      03-04-2011 01:52 AM #586
      Quote Originally Posted by CTS Turbo View Post
      I'd use the small spring to be safe for the time being, if you need a MBC give us a call and we'll hook you up.
      Thanks for the info. I actually ordered a mbc with my kit so I'm set. Later on down the road I want to upgrade to an electronic but like I said that will be down the road

    12. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      6,384
      Vehicles
      01 S4, 02 996TT, 04 A4, 12 Golf R, 15 GTI, 12 TTRS
      03-04-2011 02:01 AM #587
      Quote Originally Posted by desertdubs_C View Post
      Thanks for the info. I actually ordered a mbc with my kit so I'm set. Later on down the road I want to upgrade to an electronic but like I said that will be down the road
      Perfect, use the small spring ~ 12-13psi and crank it up a few PSI to 15 or 16 and you'll be good to go. Those things come alive right around that boost level.

    13. Member desertdubs_C's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 20th, 2009
      Location
      Phoenix
      Posts
      916
      Vehicles
      2005 VW Jetta GLI Blue Lagoon --all stock--
      03-04-2011 02:17 AM #588
      Quote Originally Posted by CTS Turbo View Post
      Perfect, use the small spring ~ 12-13psi and crank it up a few PSI to 15 or 16 and you'll be good to go. Those things come alive right around that boost level.
      That's exactly what I like to hear I have open highway to and from work everyday so this will be def a fun daily I'll be posting up pics and video once the install is complete. I don't want to start a thread or post anything when its only partially done. Still waiting on some injectors that you guys were out of stock on and my ecu to come back from uni so I'm hoping in about a week I'll be done with everything

    14. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      6,384
      Vehicles
      01 S4, 02 996TT, 04 A4, 12 Golf R, 15 GTI, 12 TTRS
      03-04-2011 02:19 AM #589
      Quote Originally Posted by desertdubs_C View Post
      That's exactly what I like to hear I have open highway to and from work everyday so this will be def a fun daily I'll be posting up pics and video once the install is complete. I don't want to start a thread or post anything when its only partially done. Still waiting on some injectors that you guys were out of stock on and my ecu to come back from uni so I'm hoping in about a week I'll be done with everything

      We have about 1000 of the 630cc injectors arriving in the next 2 or 3 days, so you'll be ready to go pretty quick here.

    15. Member desertdubs_C's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 20th, 2009
      Location
      Phoenix
      Posts
      916
      Vehicles
      2005 VW Jetta GLI Blue Lagoon --all stock--
      03-04-2011 02:25 AM #590
      Quote Originally Posted by CTS Turbo View Post
      We have about 1000 of the 630cc injectors arriving in the next 2 or 3 days, so you'll be ready to go pretty quick here.
      Cool. I'm not worried about getting them too quickly since I'm still doing some paint work in the engine bay: intake mani and valve cover, along with some re-routing of pcv lines for my new catch can

    16. Member Three3Se7en's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 1st, 2007
      Location
      Mississippi
      Posts
      1,182
      Vehicles
      02 337. 08 F150
      03-04-2011 10:17 AM #591
      I'll post finish pics when I get those parts.
      2.1L, 1000cc, Maestro, CompTurbo 5558, CTS, IE intake, Scat rods, more to come..

    17. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      6,384
      Vehicles
      01 S4, 02 996TT, 04 A4, 12 Golf R, 15 GTI, 12 TTRS
      03-04-2011 10:57 AM #592
      Sounds good guys

    18. Member Three3Se7en's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 1st, 2007
      Location
      Mississippi
      Posts
      1,182
      Vehicles
      02 337. 08 F150
      03-04-2011 04:57 PM #593
      Pics of a redneck turbo bay!
      2.1L, 1000cc, Maestro, CompTurbo 5558, CTS, IE intake, Scat rods, more to come..

    19. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      6,384
      Vehicles
      01 S4, 02 996TT, 04 A4, 12 Golf R, 15 GTI, 12 TTRS
      03-07-2011 10:58 AM #594
      That DV hose can probably be tucked under the FMIC pipe, Mr. L

      How was the install?

    20. Member Three3Se7en's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 1st, 2007
      Location
      Mississippi
      Posts
      1,182
      Vehicles
      02 337. 08 F150
      03-07-2011 11:10 AM #595
      Yeah I was thinking of a way to redo that whole area. The dv flutters now for some reason. Maybe put the dv on the ic piping with hose running to the intake side.
      But as for the install: it was pretty straightforward. I made it much more complex by deleting emissions and adding manual t-belt Shiz. It drives like stock except for turbo lag now.
      Just waiting on my powertap dongle from eurodyne to get here today to change my injectors over and be done with it. Thanks Clay!
      2.1L, 1000cc, Maestro, CompTurbo 5558, CTS, IE intake, Scat rods, more to come..

    21. Member steve-o 16v GLI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 25th, 2005
      Location
      Lancaster PA
      Posts
      2,385
      Vehicles
      04 Audi TT 225 Roadster
      03-07-2011 03:36 PM #596
      Quote Originally Posted by Three3Se7en View Post
      Yeah I was thinking of a way to redo that whole area. The dv flutters now for some reason. Maybe put the dv on the ic piping with hose running to the intake side.
      But as for the install: it was pretty straightforward. I made it much more complex by deleting emissions and adding manual t-belt Shiz. It drives like stock except for turbo lag now.
      Just waiting on my powertap dongle from eurodyne to get here today to change my injectors over and be done with it. Thanks Clay!
      My Splitter does the same thing. It is connected by a piece of rubber hose about 4inches long on each side. I guess the only way to fix that would be to have it mounted solid to something,shorten the tubes connecting it, or use a dv/bov silicone coupler on one side of the dv. I thought about it but I got used to it.Maybe Il do that when I redo the IC pipes. It def got louder after the 50 trim.lol

      Im waiting to get my car back from a front end rebuild and alignment. Then Im hitting the dyno at APtuning asap. I wana find a safe spot since I wont have the funds for rods until probably next income tax. Gotta make it last
      It's his right to go off on whoever he wants. Etiquette isn't a requirement in America. It's his right as an American to be a douchebag. :-) You don't hate America, do you?

    22. Member bboy_jon's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 19th, 2010
      Location
      Columbia, MO
      Posts
      3,824
      Vehicles
      2002 1.8t GTI
      03-07-2011 04:39 PM #597
      I am interested in the power at lower boost. Especially if its above 300 . It kinda of gets me wondering. If getting rods (thus allowing boost levels around 25 psi) will net around 350 whp, perhaps I might as well get a kit that doesnt have as much lag

      I feel that if I get this kit, I probably wont do rods (which would be a convenience on my part) so yeah, Im interested in what 19 psi or so can net

    23. Member steve-o 16v GLI's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 25th, 2005
      Location
      Lancaster PA
      Posts
      2,385
      Vehicles
      04 Audi TT 225 Roadster
      03-07-2011 10:25 PM #598
      Quote Originally Posted by bboy_jon View Post
      I am interested in the power at lower boost. Especially if its above 300 . It kinda of gets me wondering. If getting rods (thus allowing boost levels around 25 psi) will net around 350 whp, perhaps I might as well get a kit that doesnt have as much lag

      I feel that if I get this kit, I probably wont do rods (which would be a convenience on my part) so yeah, Im interested in what 19 psi or so can net
      Once you start to push 300 ft lbs of torque(around 19-22ish psi on the standard 50 trim kit) you are in the danger zone. If you dont plan on ever doing rods and dont like lag Id recommend sticking with a frankenturbo at most.
      Its stupid to run stock rods if you plan on going bt. Its a crap shoot like barebacking a $5 hooker! The only reason im running without is funds are short but it will be done asap. So the idea behind me dynoing isnt to see just how far I can push it, its just so I can know im not pushing it too much.

      But from my limited experience so far I would say initially I was dissapointed by the lag, it was nice being able to have hella pull before 3k in 5th. However it quickly wore off. Once you adjust your driving style to your new powerband the lag is not an issue.
      It's his right to go off on whoever he wants. Etiquette isn't a requirement in America. It's his right as an American to be a douchebag. :-) You don't hate America, do you?

    24. Member Three3Se7en's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 1st, 2007
      Location
      Mississippi
      Posts
      1,182
      Vehicles
      02 337. 08 F150
      03-07-2011 10:34 PM #599
      I'm in the same boat as you with the rods Steve-o. Very interested in your results!
      Btw I did a few pulls at 19 psi with the s256 (which I love) on the maestro logger and blew off the coupling right at the compressor.
      Fun Clay!
      2.1L, 1000cc, Maestro, CompTurbo 5558, CTS, IE intake, Scat rods, more to come..

    25. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 8th, 2009
      Location
      farmingville,ny
      Posts
      5,241
      Vehicles
      03 vw gti ...WWW.STEVEBILT.COM
      03-07-2011 10:38 PM #600

    Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •