VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

***Garrett GT Turbos: GT3071R, GT3076R, GT35/40R, GT42R***

93K views 94 replies 25 participants last post by  adriandealone 
#1 · (Edited)
#52 ·
Re: ***Garrett GT Turbos: GT3071R, GT3076R, GT35/40R, GT42R*** (CTS Turbo)

what would you recommend for a cc 2.0t, that would spool fast - something similar to the APR/Garrett setup if possible - i currently run apr 2 with carbonio MAF and 3" core intercooler and 3" pipe cat delete. I heard that some garrett only get going into the mid 3K rpm. What otehr parts do i need to buy to install it. Are you aware of any other cc 2.0 t TSI that have done this? Thank you.

#53 ·
Re: ***Garrett GT Turbos: GT3071R, GT3076R, GT35/40R, GT42R*** (nirtol)

Quote, originally posted by nirtol »
what would you recommend for a cc 2.0t, that would spool fast - something similar to the APR/Garrett setup if possible - i currently run apr 2 with carbonio MAF and 3" core intercooler and 3" pipe cat delete. I heard that some garrett only get going into the mid 3K rpm. What otehr parts do i need to buy to install it. Are you aware of any other cc 2.0 t TSI that have done this? Thank you.

GT3071R 63ar
I don't know any CC's that have done BT upgrades, but it's always fun being a first

#60 ·
They don't come with 3" inlets and 2.5" outlets here are the options:

4" in 2" out
2.75" in 2" out
3" in 2" out
4" in 2.5" out

Sad that I know the housing dims off hand, been doing this for some time now. If you want a quote send me an email: clay@ctsturbo.com GT Vbands are very costly, if you don't need it I would suggest a T31 4 bolt to save money and then make it flare to 3" in stainless. It will have the same function as the 3" housing and save you money.

:beer:

Clay

#80 ·
The 50trim is a good upgrade over stock, it won't blow up your motor unless you have a weak motor or you push it really hard. You can run 20psi safely on a setup like that. If you'd like to build up your motor in the future I would get a set of 19mm drop in rods for your GTI and then you'd be safe to 400-450HP.

If you have any questions feel free to send us a PM or email :beer:

#86 ·
Dear Santa,
this Christmas I would like the followings:
GTX3076
Ok here's a scoop guys, Rudolph developed a drinking habit (that red nose isn't magic...) so Santa had to switch to a Eurovan diesel for deliveries. Unfortunately it's pretty cold around the north pole and Santa has no electricity to plug his van in. Save your car the deception when she finds that out on the faithful morning and order from www.ctsturbo.com , we ship everyday, worldwide and no matter the weather!

:beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.