Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: *** Is it time for you to get a 24V Turbo Kit ? ***

Vehicles
      2003 GLI, 2005 GLI, 2JZ Swapped E30, FC RX7
      10-04-2008 08:29 PM #36
      is that 320whp at 8psi on the BDF motor?
      Can you please post dyno pics for us?
      The Elite 24v VR6 Club: Founder
      Want to be a horsepower baller? Buy my car
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...whp-street-car

Vehicles
      01 S4, 02 996TT, 04 A4, 12 Golf R, 15 GTI, 12 TTRS
      10-04-2008 08:52 PM #37
      Quote, originally posted by Fat Jon »
      would really like to have a stainless line with some real fittings there so when that axle breaks it doesnt knock the rubber hose off the barb...

guess you could do that yourself during install, but **** i dont think it should be my responsibility lol

Kinetic has sold 100s of turbo kits, and they all use these lines. Axles generally don't break at the inplut flange, they brake where the spline goes into your hub.

If you think having stainless steel braided lines (rubber with braided covering) is going to stop the drain line from being knocked off if your axle breaks at the cup you're mistaken.

Vehicles
      10-04-2008 09:06 PM #38
      so your saying those hp figures are just a rough guesstimate of what you can expect?

did that car mentioned make that power at 9psi intercooled or non?

Vehicles
      10-04-2008 09:30 PM #39
      Quote, originally posted by .SLEEPYDUB. »
      so your saying those hp figures are just a rough guesstimate of what you can expect?

did that car mentioned make that power at 9psi intercooled or non?

The black 24V car was intercooled, it made 327whp @ 9psi. Kinetic doesn't offer a non-intercooled kit for these cars, the compression ratios are too high to make it worth while.

I'm not sure if you thought that number was in reference to a non-intercooled setup, but 327whp on a non-intercooled kit would be totally unbelievable.

Vehicles
      VF STAGE 2 2003 GTI VR6
      10-04-2008 10:22 PM #40
      Quote, originally posted by 24valvedGTI »
      A t-67 + tial 38 = a high chance of boost creap on a vr??????

dude your ****in stupid

i don't know why everyone always thinks that. I have seen many cars pushing high horse power running 38mm waste gates. The waste gate can keep up.

People just need to learn to shut there mouths sometime. People have complained for a long time for companies to come out with a kit for a 24v. The CTS guys came up with something reasonable for a good price and then all you people do on here is bash and complain that you would build it another way. If you don't ****in like it build your own kit. The more people bash the more companies are not gonna wanna do **** for you.

Im also sure if you called CTS and you wanted some extra stuff or some part to be different they would do whatever they could to accommodate your needs.

Modified by hiatussk8rs at 6:23 PM 10-4-2008

VF Stage 2 24v VR6 ------ Big Turbo .:R32 Swap in the making

Vehicles
      03' GLI 24vT, 11' 328xi
      10-05-2008 02:25 AM #41
      Quote, originally posted by hiatussk8rs »

dude your ****in stupid

i don't know why everyone always thinks that. I have seen many cars pushing high horse power running 38mm waste gates. The waste gate can keep up.

People just need to learn to shut there mouths sometime. People have complained for a long time for companies to come out with a kit for a 24v. The CTS guys came up with something reasonable for a good price and then all you people do on here is bash and complain that you would build it another way. If you don't ****in like it build your own kit. The more people bash the more companies are not gonna wanna do **** for you.

Im also sure if you called CTS and you wanted some extra stuff or some part to be different they would do whatever they could to accommodate your needs.

pretty sure that's why he has a c2 kit..but whatever.

kit looks cool, if i hadn't picked up a kit cheap already i would have done this.

The internet is serious business.

Vehicles
      10-05-2008 03:16 AM #42
      Quote, originally posted by One Gray GLI »

pretty sure that's why he has a c2 kit..but whatever.

kit looks cool, if i hadn't picked up a kit cheap already i would have done this.

Thanks guys

Vehicles
      A never ending story // 2.8 // 2.9T
      10-05-2008 11:34 AM #43
      Quote, originally posted by 1_slow_mk3 »

Not bad for non intercooled.

C2 Stage 1

Modified by 24ValveGLI at 10:35 AM 10-5-2008

9. 10-05-2008 12:28 PM #44

Ouch!

10. 10-05-2008 01:09 PM #45

Quote, originally posted by Rippinralf »

Ya rly, you could always run C2 software with this hardware. Like I said, the HP figures are going to depend on the software you choose.

I'm not going to question anyones dyno figures, but Kinetic tends to advertise more conservative horespower figures, and I wouldn't feel comfortable making 325+whp on a non intercooled setup unless I was running water meth, because I want my pistons to stay in one piece.

You guys better watch out otherwise we will be sponsoring your forum

Vehicles
      2003 VW Jetta GLI, 1984 Ford F150, 2002 Suzuki DRZ400E
      10-05-2008 01:44 PM #46
      How many times is this kit going to be released by other companies. In every thread started about this turbo kit the forum users just get on here and argue about the lack of quality and dyno number produced by the kit in the pictures shown. The first thread we saw about this kit was from the owner of the car. That thread has been black holed b/c It can not be found. If anyone has it on their watched topics check for me. Here are the other thread that have been on here about it.

This one from Devin @ Kinetic : http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3893327

You'll notice that the same pictures you posted were posted here telling us that what was shown was not a production quality kit.

Please help us out and get with Kinetic to provide us with some production quality photos and some dyno numbers with the Unitronic software.

Modified by BakBer at 12:25 PM 10/5/2008

The Elite 24v VR6 Club: Member #173
      INAEngineering.com

12. 10-05-2008 01:56 PM #47
      Thing to keep in mind about that dyno sheet is that was with boost creeping to 13 psi. And it was a Florida dyno. Also, Kinetic has been producing turbo kits for quite some time and I would assume that they probably know a little more about this kind of stuff than most of us.

Modified by NastyBrown at 9:59 AM 10-5-2008

13. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Vehicles
      10-05-2008 02:03 PM #48
      Quote, originally posted by BakBer »
      How many times is this kit going to be released by other companies. In every thread started about this turbo kit the forum users just get on here and argue about the lack of quality and dyno number produced by the kit in the pictures shown. The first thread we saw about this kit was from the owner of the car. That thread has been black holed b/c It can not be found. If anyone has it on their watched topics check for me. Here are the other threads that have been on here about it.

This one from Devin @ Kinetic : http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3893327

You'll notice that the same pictures you posted were posted here telling us that what was shown was not a production quality kit.

Here is another from shawn@fifteen52 : http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3681397

Please help us out and get with Kinetic to provide us with some production quality photos and some dyno numbers with the Unitronic software.

The kits are in production, complete kit pictures will come out whenever Kinetic decides to take them, they are notoriously slow as you have seen by the posts. At this moment half the guys @ the shop are on they way to a Eurotuner event in California.

Why would Kinetic provide dyno figures for a kit that is hardware only? This is a hardware only kit, the hardware has made 327whp with tuner X intercooled @ 9psi. I don't see how anyone could have hard time believing the figures we posted if a non intercooled can make that using a smaller turbo. You could pair this kit with whatever software you choose... C2 Software, Unitronic Software, EIP software no software, SEM, this kit only includes hardware. If someone wants unitronic software then we can provide them with that.

I'm not sure how a half priced labor thread from 1552 is related to this thread with pictures and specifics, it sure didn't look like he had anything to say aside from "cheap labour". Also, Devin does not work at Kinetic anymore, and hasn't for some months. Kinetic has a very limitted sales staff to provide answers, but I am in contact with the owner on a daily basis, so you'll just have to bear with me.

Vehicles
      2003 VW Jetta GLI, 1984 Ford F150, 2002 Suzuki DRZ400E
      10-05-2008 02:28 PM #49
      Quote, originally posted by Clay @ CTS Turbo »

Why would Kinetic provide dyno figures for a kit that is hardware only? This is a hardware only kit, the hardware has made 327whp with tuner X intercooled @ 9psi. I don't see how anyone could have hard time believing the figures we posted if a non intercooled can make that using a smaller turbo. You could pair this kit with whatever software you choose... C2 Software, Unitronic Software, EIP software no software, SEM, this kit only includes hardware. If someone wants unitronic software then we can provide them with that.

I'm not sure how a half priced labor thread from 1552 is related to this thread with pictures and specifics, it sure didn't look like he had anything to say aside from "cheap labour". Also, Devin does not work at Kinetic anymore, and hasn't for some months. Kinetic has a very limitted sales staff to provide answers, but I am in contact with the owner on a daily basis, so you'll just have to bear with me.

I do believe it made that power..and you're right about the 1552 thread. It's early for me. I edited my post. We are here to bear with you. After the ETGP some new pictures would be nice.

The Elite 24v VR6 Club: Member #173
      INAEngineering.com

Vehicles
      03' GLI 24vT, 11' 328xi
      10-05-2008 02:30 PM #50
      Quote, originally posted by NastyBrown »
      Thing to keep in mind about that dyno sheet is that was with boost creeping to 13 psi. And it was a Florida dyno. Also, Kinetic has been producing turbo kits for quite some time and I would assume that they probably know a little more about this kind of stuff than most of us.

Modified by NastyBrown at 9:59 AM 10-5-2008

also on a dyno dynamics which reads a bit lower than dynojets.

The internet is serious business.

16. 10-05-2008 03:42 PM #51
      No need for multiple usernames, it's all about being open, upfront, and honest

I got your cast iron manifold stickied for when I go stage II and bigger snail

Modified by pOrKcHoP bOy at 11:58 AM 10-5-2008

17. 10-05-2008 04:31 PM #52
      Quote, originally posted by pOrKcHoP bOy »
      No need for multiple usernames, it's all about being open, upfront, and honest

I got your cast iron manifold stickied for when I go stage II and bigger snail

If I wasn't any of those things, I wouldn't have been on vortex selling turbos, kits and FI products for so long or have the reputation I have.

18. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Vehicles
      10-05-2008 06:59 PM #53
      hmm...pretty unbelievable huh?

Sorry, not everyone wants to have their motor in pieces, most guys I know like to drive their cars, not let them sit in pieces. Rebuilding motors isn't what I call fun.

We can all see that someone made 320+whp @ 13psi non intercooled, do you think thats safe on a daily basis? How is your car running? 1st engine? 2nd? or 3rd?

Quote, originally posted by NastyBrown »

19. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Vehicles
      10-05-2008 07:04 PM #54
      hmm...pretty unbelievable huh?

Unbelieveable, not anymore, but certainly a bad idea, and running those boost levels is not recommended by anyone that makes turbo kits for 24Vs, unless longevity and reliability isnt important.

20. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Vehicles
      10-05-2008 07:15 PM #55
      never said it was safe...but unbelievable?
      actually its the 1st motor, just rebuilt, thanks to a wonderful machine shop named Alamo in Dallas Texas. All i can say is i will never take it to them again, nor anyone else other than BakBer...

My car is Precision Intercooled...personally i think not running an intercooler of some sort is redonculous...

I thought you spun a rod bearing on motor #2? I think you're right as far as the intercooler goes, I've seen enough EIP cars with blown motors.

Vehicles
      10-05-2008 07:18 PM #56

I thought you spun a rod bearing on motor #2? I think you're right as far as the intercooler goes, I've seen enough EIP cars with blown motors.

Im sure youve talked to bakber about this
      spun rod bearing was 1000 miles after i had the motor fully built. After it spun we tried to fix the crank, but to no avail, it failed and spun the rod bearing again. After that happened we just decided to tear it all down and start over. We didnt need to actually ever build the motor the first time, just kinda decided to since i had the money

22. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Vehicles
      10-05-2008 07:19 PM #57

Im sure youve talked to bakber about this
      spun rod bearing was 1000 miles after i had the motor fully built. After it spun we tried to fix the crank, but to no avail, it failed and spun the rod bearing again. After that happened we just decided to tear it all down and start over. We didnt need to actually ever build the motor the first time, just kinda decided to since i had the money

I did, and a few other people just bustin your balls boss

23. 10-05-2008 07:26 PM #58
      So why not release the kit under the Kinetic brandname? Why do it through a one-off subsidiary like CTS turbo?

24. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Vehicles
      10-05-2008 07:30 PM #59
      So why not release the kit under the Kinetic brandname? Why do it through a one-off subsidiary like CTS turbo?

Maybe you should re-read the first post, and this link:

http://www.ctsturbo.com/catalo....html

I don't work for Kinetic, I'm a distributor, we distribute various parts, and kits including Kinetic, ATP etc.

Quote »

Well, some people may be interested in the the Kinetic 24V & R32 turbo kits. If you're interested, and have some questions I can provide you with some answers. At this time only Hardware Kits are ready for sale (pricing below). However, at this time Kinetic is not ready to include a software solution...

McDonalds sells Coke at their stores right? They don't make Coke though... kind of the same thing here

25. 10-05-2008 07:41 PM #60

Maybe you should re-read the first post, and this link:

http://www.ctsturbo.com/catalo....html

I don't work for Kinetic, I'm a distributor, we distribute various parts, and kits including Kinetic, ATP etc.

McDonalds sells Coke at their stores right? They don't make Coke though... kind of the same thing here

Thanks for the Business 101, I think I got that down.

Again, if you are Kinetic, with your multiple screen names, why not have this on the Kinetic webpage as well?

I see the other turbo kits on their website, all except the 24v, which Kinetic (or you? ) have announced was already in developlment and one of your test car customers even leaked it out ahead of the typical Kinentic R&D policy of 6-months.

Or did I answer my own question right there? Basically you guys don't want to incur the liability yet want to capitalize on the 24v turbo market before it fizzles?

Hence the reason why you wanted to quickly get the hardware out, versus the complete package like previous Kinetic setups?

Again, let me rephrase my question, why would Kinetic allow you (the distributor) to release a turbo kit w/o software and fueling?

26. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Vehicles
      10-05-2008 08:03 PM #61

Thanks for the Business 101, I think I got that down.

Again, if you are Kinetic, with your multiple screen names, why not have this on the Kinetic webpage as well?

Your Business 101 answer was in the first post of the thread, if you read the thread why ask the question? I'm not Kinetic, however I WAS the sales manager there for 2 years, and I help them on the forums.

I see the other turbo kits on their website, all except the 24v, which Kinetic (or you? ) have announced was already in developlment and one of your test car customers even leaked it out ahead of the typical Kinentic R&D policy of 6-months.

Yes, they are on my site not theirs, because they have a limitted sales staff, and they haven't had a chance to take pictures and put the kit up. I received an email from the owner saying that the kits are in production and after placing an order there is a 1 week lead time to ship.

Or did I answer my own question right there? Basically you guys don't want to incur the liability yet want to capitalize on the 24v turbo market before it fizzles?

I don't know what liability you're talking about, the kits are in production, if they didnt think the kits would sell they wouldn't build them, business 101 class 2.

Hence the reason why you wanted to quickly get the hardware out, versus the complete package like previous Kinetic setups?

Kinetic offers hardware kits for the 1.8T and has done for some months, just like ATP does, whats wrong with having a hardware kit? Why limit yourself to selling a complete kit with software if someone doesn't want to use the software in the kit?

Again, let me rephrase my question, why would Kinetic allow you (the distributor) to release a turbo kit w/o software and fueling?

Please see previous reply and business 101 class 2 again

Hopefully that answers your questions for now

27. 10-05-2008 08:09 PM #62
      Appreciate the effort you've gone through to really answer these questions.

I guess I need to go back to school and learn Business 101

28. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Vehicles
      10-05-2008 08:13 PM #63
      Appreciate the effort you've gone through to really answer these questions.

I guess I need to go back to school and learn Business 101

Don't worry about going back to school, I can help you out, I've got a degree in Finance, and another one in Accounting, I can help you out. But if you think I'm missing something or if anyone is not sure post up here, or drop me an IM. I'm not trying to hide anything porkchip boy.

29. 10-05-2008 08:19 PM #64

Don't worry about going back to school, I can help you out, I've got a degree in Finance, and another one in Accounting,

I work at a Hedge Fund

30. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Vehicles
      10-05-2008 08:27 PM #65

I work at a Hedge Fund

Then you don't need business 101 classes, my appologies

Vehicles
      10-05-2008 08:56 PM #66
      Im working on my business degree...30 more hours

Vehicles
      '12 JKU Rubicon
      10-05-2008 09:02 PM #67
      PM sent

Vehicles
      '03 GTi 24v VR6
      10-05-2008 09:18 PM #68
      Less bickering boys, more info/details on Turbo kits!
      - Cyn
      ** My mkIV GTi : Morpheus **
      Your Ottawa/Gatineau VW/Audi Forum
      IG: @BM24v
      Quote Originally Posted by Travy View Post
      You own no one if you're running any type of Corvette wheel...

10-06-2008 12:10 AM #69

Kinetic has sold 100s of turbo kits, and they all use these lines. Axles generally don't break at the inplut flange, they brake where the spline goes into your hub.

If you think having stainless steel braided lines (rubber with braided covering) is going to stop the drain line from being knocked off if your axle breaks at the cup you're mistaken.

tell that to the 3 axles i broke at that flange using drag radials and nitrous...

just a reccomendation... im sure most people wont be launching their FWD turbo cars... these kits seem to be more for the 60-roll club...

im just saying that if i wanted to complicate my broken axle problem with a locked up motor due to no oil, i would proably keep that that way. lol

35. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Vehicles
      10-06-2008 01:57 AM #70
      Quote, originally posted by Fat Jon »

tell that to the 3 axles i broke at that flange using drag radials and nitrous...

just a reccomendation... im sure most people wont be launching their FWD turbo cars... these kits seem to be more for the 60-roll club...

im just saying that if i wanted to complicate my broken axle problem with a locked up motor due to no oil, i would proably keep that that way. lol

I have never heard or seen an axle break and knock off an oil drain line in all my years, i'll mention that to the guys at Kinetic though.

I don't know how far you can drive with no broken axle, people generally shut the car down anyway because it doesnt drive with broken axles. It would take a while for all the oil to drain out too, because where the oil drains into the pan is above the oil level otherwise it wouldn't gravity drain.

your idea has been noted though Fat Jon

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast