VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1broknrado's "One Day" Project Build Thread

198K views 2K replies 136 participants last post by  thejimster 
#1 ·
4th time's a charm, not 5th :laugh: 1broknrado vr6 rebuild

So yet again, the motor is coming out of my corrado.
after the rebuild g60, the 16v, the vr6, now the vr6 coming back out again...
here is a list of to do's:
262 cams w/giac chip
timing chains
rear main seal
neuspeed pulley set
masontech crackpipe kit
somewhat wire tuck
new radiator,
new fans
battery relocated to the trunk
mk4 headgasket set
metal waterpump
new "steel enforced" oilpan
clutch? depends if oil got on it from the rear main seal (only has 10k on it)
tdi 5th gear - if you have any info please tell me (ordering, DIY etc etc)
polished manifold
stainless steel exhaust studs
SS braided fuel lines from dubnutz.com
mild port/polish headwork

so far, i pulled the motor out. So far on order = timing chains, rear main seal, mk4 headgasket set, waterpump, new radiator.
i have alot to do so this is going to be a slow process because college takes up most of my time

i'll post pics as they come!

things already done to the car:
patec coils
r32 bushings
10lb flywheel
bfi stg2 motor mounts
stainless steel brake lines
crossdrilled and slotted rotors
girling g60 calipers
smoked tail lights
euro ecodes w/ 4300k hids
ronal r15s 15x6.5 et 35
neuspeed shortshifter
some stereo work (going to be redone)
repainted engine bay w/ removed seam sealer
o2a billet shifter bushings (verdict motorsports)

See less See more
#52 ·
Re: FV-QR (brilliantyellowg60)

Quote, originally posted by brilliantyellowg60 »

a little mashing by the clutch pedal never hurt anyone

haha i can see it now shifting into 3rd all hard then all of a sudden smoke and flames from the harness being cut open

#54 ·
Re: FV-QR (vwpunk)

you're doing just about the same as me this winter...but i'm a few weeks behind
keep the pics coming si a can follow your lead and don't have to think about isht!!!

Quote, originally posted by 1broknrado »
any helpful input then? should i notch that hole and move the wire location somewhere up towards the firewall more?

from the looks of the pic, if the wires come from the top there will be some interferance with the pedal, but if they come from the side it looks like it'd be ok. maybe just a P-clamp to hold the wires to the side will work out for you.
but like i said, i haven't gotten as far as you so i'm not at that point yet! i only did a 1/2 tuck this summer, out the firewall and into the frame rail thru that hole near the strut tower...

Modified by boner at 2:25 PM 11-13-2008

#64 ·
FV-QR

ok, so update.
the front harness is done, but i also deleted the fan module * where the fans and brown temp sensor connect to * and im going to make a custom relay that controls the fans. the low speed coming from the radiator, and high speed off of the brown clip. problem is, im not sure where to buy a slim fan that can handle 2 different speeds. unless i can buy a 2 wire slim fan, and have the blue signal wire going to the relay, and the relay will tell it to turn faster or slower. not sure if thats how it works but thats what i WANT it to do.

where can i buy slim fans? also how many do i need? i'd like to have ones that push instead of pull because thats just one more thing thats hidden

#71 ·
dude, i'm going to zip up the flame suit and tell ya; a red corrado is a red corrado. it's probably the most popular color out there. pick any red you like, spray it on there, and its still a red corrado. It's not like some obscure color that "no one else has done", so don't worry about if 1 other person has the same shade. The only way your going to be able to set it apart from another red corrado is to park next to it, otherwise everyone will just assume its the factory red (which is a good thing imo)
my opinion; do not do white and red, thats a damn candycane. thats cabriolet isht.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.