NEW HPA CONTENT IN THE WORKS!!!
This thread is not meant to be too intense, but it has to be started for all of us forgotten VF stage 2 owners. As you know the VF stage 3 and 4 were dropped because the V9 charger wasn’t performing as planned, and turbo’s are the big ticket item these days, so I don’t blame VF for their decision.
The intent is to somewhat reliably get the most out of our stage 2 setup, VF/C2/and HPA have ideas, software, or maybe even tweaks that may help get more out of the stage 2 setup , but no major commitment as of yet for specific upgrades.
Please remember this is about R32 stage 2 setups, please don’t say go turbo, the decision and the money are done, and honestly I’ve always been wanting a supercharged car.
Below are some starter topics, I’m sure a year from now my R32 will be screaming, and maybe then one of the above companies will give us some serious software to control the package, maybe even some cool hardware?
So give your idea, a link where it can be purchased, how to install it, and what to expect.
Thanks in advance for your time and effort.
1. Smaller supercharger pulley with non slip coating. 2.5 inch for starters? I do have one of these on order, just waiting for them to make it!
2. Belt upgrades, with emphasis on future availability, maybe even a 10 rib conversion.
3. Fuel delivery, injectors, MAF, and Fuel pressure regulator possibilities. Can I change injectors without updating the software, is there a close drop in that has more room to grow? Whats HPA bringing to the table?
4. High flow CATS, maybe even gutting the convertor, I know it’s illegal, just an idea. How do we do this without the blasted CEL?
5. Water/Meth injection controlled by boost pressure, and mixture variables.
6. Intercooler spray bar, with water mist.
7. Boost tube insulation after intercooler to shield from motor heat buildup, will this do anything?
8. Cams, who makes cams for F/I cars? Maybe HPA ?
9. HPA's new setup for VF Stage 2 R32s, new software with no Hiccups !
OK Marcel, you have our ATTENTION! lets see what you can do for us......
OK, that’s enough ideas to get this thread going, please feel free to send suggestions for the original post and ill update as required. Any idea is a good one; please stay on topic to avoid a bloated thread.
My modified Aux rad.....and washer bottle
Modified by vwgeorge2 at 10:18 PM 4-13-2009