Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Bed Lined Audi, YEAH!, THAT'S RIGHT, I DID IT.

Vehicles
      2000 Audi A4 2.8Q
      04-05-2012 03:51 PM #316
      Please don't keep bumping this thread lol

Vehicles
      Sonoma S-15, Mark 3 Caddy, Audi A4, 71 CL175, 71 CB350, 69 Stinger, V-Twin Chopper, A4 SC'd Avant,
      04-05-2012 04:25 PM #317
      You'll have to excuse the ~3 year old other thread floating around, some one did the ultimate bump from the archives

This thread will cover:

- Stages of it's transfermation: I, II, III & part IV (Car is now white)

- The current transfermation build

- A ~4 year report card on the product

- A How To And What The Stuff Is

- My Thoughts And Opinions

- Unexpected Results

Here you go, part IIII:

....after weeks of driving, the tank coolant failure, and the rain....and not even being cleaned for the pic...pretty clean:

LED Free Floating License Plate Bracket With 6000K Xenon Reverse and running lights, wires lol wut ?

\

General Mods and Upgrades:

Paint Prep : S4 Valance, Bumper, Skirts, Moldings, Custom Skirt End Caps

I wanted to show what the paint color and appearance differences are between a solid and textured surface of the same color, so here you go against the bike fender:

DDM 8000K 55W Projector Depos With LED Conversion

With the removal of the deep Rieger V2 rear valance and addition of the S4 conversion bumper and valance the emmesion box showed in the rear. So, cut out the spare tire well, added a false floor, and moved it as not to see all the box and all the lines:

After 4 years? No dings, dents, scratches or even a SINGLE flake off the corners or edges. No spider webbing, cracking, peeling, touch ups or problems.......before going white people still asked if it was dry enough for them to touch it (parking lots, etc). Knocked it down with 3m pads, professional gun, paint and paint both where used.

I feel it's necessary to quash the same things posted over and over and over concerning others posts about it when it's already covered in the threads: Does NOT make the car heavier (an entire case of this stuff plus even the gun in the box, plus the containers does not weight more then primer, sealer, blocker...which you do not use for this treatment). It's literally 3 times easier to wash as nothing sticks (you only wash it for windows and rim dust), doesn't harm a shammy at all, it's smooth, as in it's actually slick...yes...far slicker then a wet normal paint job. Setting an object on the trunk or hood is a trick, as it's slides off like Teflon.

Feel free to pick out wheels, have brand new rubber waiting to be used.

If you're going to knock it, no one cares that you do so blatantly, so at least make an effort to show you don't like it , aka, funny caption this, good photo shop ripping on it, at least put some effort into disliking it ...come on!!!!!....it's TCL, people don't log on just to see just a: thumbs down...just takes up space. Go ahead a rip .

As I've stated in previous years, aside from all the benefits I wasn't attending to get when doing this, the absolute riot is the expressions and jaw drops & facial expressions at parking lots, driving and red lights.... hilarious, really hilarious.

I till have a bit to go, new tips, wheels, and another brake package. The engine bay is pretty tricked out, however will be redone.

In Phoenix, the ~first rain is the nightmare as it's months and months of grease, oil & dust,(no mud, salt, or dirt per say). The water is literally, no joke, black coming off the streets. I was curious as how this would effect the white as even though it's doesn't really stick to much, yet it'll sometimes get the chance to dry on the paint if you park for a bit, one week after shooting it I got that chance early morning driving to work, it turned out quiet well...comparisoned it to the other employees cars...came out the cleanest.
      Last edited by The A1 and A2 German; 04-05-2012 at 06:03 PM.
      FS:Custom '73 CB350 Museum Piece, 8 miles FS:3 Piece I-Forged 19" Rims
      FS:Custom '69 Stinger: SOLD FS:10' VTWIN Chopper SOLD :

Vehicles
      Sonoma S-15, Mark 3 Caddy, Audi A4, 71 CL175, 71 CB350, 69 Stinger, V-Twin Chopper, A4 SC'd Avant,
      04-05-2012 04:28 PM #318
      Quote Originally Posted by MarcMiller View Post
      Please don't keep bumping this thread lol

FOR THE SAKE OF KEEPING THINGS STREAM LINED, THE NEWEST VERSION OF THIS CAR ALREADY OUT, AND GIVEN THIS THREAD HAS BEEN BROUGHT BACK FROM THE BOWELS OF THE ARCHIVES THIS NOT BE BUMPED OR RESPONDED TO, MAKES THINGS EASIER AND CLEANER FOR THE FORUMS. THANKS

New link here: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...6#post76761696

Thanks
      FS:Custom '73 CB350 Museum Piece, 8 miles FS:3 Piece I-Forged 19" Rims
      FS:Custom '69 Stinger: SOLD FS:10' VTWIN Chopper SOLD :

Vehicles
      98 a4 1.8tqm
      04-05-2012 04:35 PM #319
      its unique...thats for sure

but wtf is up with that rear plate? just bolt it over the euro and it will look half as retarded

5. 04-05-2012 05:57 PM #320
      I've used the raptor liner on truck beds and used it for under coating/floor coatings on other cars as well and it is a pretty good product. As far as being professional/not available to the public, Ive never had a problem getting it, and I've bought it at several different paint stores in different areas, never had any one ask me for any license.

As for it being on the entire car, I think it looks like crap.

Vehicles
      1998 Audi A4 2.8Q, 1968 Mercury Cougar XR7
      04-05-2012 05:58 PM #321
      did you have to strip the grey off to repaint it white? How difficult would it be to take this stuff off when you want? And to be completely honest it doesn't look good, but you've done some good things to it like s4 skirts and the cc headlights. It would look much better plastidipped and probably cost just as much. I would've looked into wrap, plastidip or a very cheap paint job than paint it with that, but it is your car so do whatever you want with it.

Vehicles
      1999.5 A4Q 1.8T
      04-05-2012 07:56 PM #322
      It's different. I like your relocated plate, nice touch to keep the euro plate looking regular.

Who cares what everyone else says. Haters gonna hate.
      My VAG past to present
      2001 GTI VR6 2DR- 5spd - KYB AGX struts - wagon springs - not much done yet - (2013-DRIVING)
      1999.5 A4Q 1.8T - Auto - Neuspeed springs/Bilstein struts - Forge Motorsports TIP/Diverter valve - coil pack upgrade - (2010-2014) SOLD

Vehicles
      2010 S4 Prestige, 1987 Grady White 206G Overnighter, 2010 A4 P+ (Hers)
      04-09-2012 09:56 AM #323
      Quote Originally Posted by The A1 and A2 German View Post

FOR THE SAKE OF KEEPING THINGS STREAM LINED, THE NEWEST VERSION OF THIS CAR ALREADY OUT, AND GIVEN THIS THREAD HAS BEEN BROUGHT BACK FROM THE BOWELS OF THE ARCHIVES THIS NOT BE BUMPED OR RESPONDED TO, MAKES THINGS EASIER AND CLEANER FOR THE FORUMS. THANKS
      Actually, no, everything belongs in one thread as that makes things easier and cleaner for the forums. I merged your duplicate thread on this car back into your existing thread. Keep discussion in one place, thanks.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910