VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

APTuning Transmission Rebuild and Upgrade Services!!

166K views 234 replies 105 participants last post by  MarkyIV 1.8t manual 
#1 ·
APTuning is proud to offer its in house transmission services. We have been offering these services for almost a decade but not many customers are aware of them. The drive train of a vehicle is often overlooked when maintaining or modifying a car until the limits of it's components have been exceeded, often leading to time-consuming, costly repairs. Therefore it can not be stressed enough to perform routine checks and service on the drive train just like changing oil or rotating tires. From a standard fluid flush to a basic rebuild , aftermarket differential install or even a full race prepared transmission, we do it all!!
We carry a full line of OEM replacement parts as well as many aftermarket upgrades from companies such as Peloquins, Eurospec, Quaife, and Wavetrac.(we could virtually build a new trans. from in-stock replacement parts). This includes all late model VW transmissions-020/02A/02J/02M/02Q. We also keep a large stock of already rebuilt transmissions on hand for those who have suffered catastrophic failures.
On the performance aspect of the drive train we offer our APTuning Race Gearset, APTuning Race Spool, and APTuning Heavy Duty Differential Flanges. The use of APTuning’s components are a sure way to increase the strength and reliability of any transmission, from full race car to high horsepower street car. These components were designed and engineered in partnership with G-Force Transmissions to offer the best quality products out there.
We also offer clutches and flywheels for virtually all Volkswagen/Audi vehicles. For O.E. replacement we carry Sachs and Luk. For a performance upgrade we stock a large inventory of SPEC clutches and SPEC, Autotech, and Eurospec flywheels. Even for obscure hard to find parts for less common vehicles are usually only 2 days out thanks to having stocking warehouses in New Jersey and Ohio.
APTuning would like you to use our services next time you need any form of attention paid to the drive train of your VW/Audi. Most services can be performed same day while you wait. We are located on the East end of Lebanon just blocks away from historic downtown Lebanon where there are numerous specialty shops to occupy your day while we service your vehicle. Also for an all day repair many customers will take a trip to World Famous Hershey PA("The Sweetest Place on Earth") which is only about 30 minutes West. In Hershey you can enjoy the amusement park, muesems, or numerous shops.

See less See more
#52 ·
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by 1.8turblow »
do you guys have any 5 speed o2j transmissions with a limited slip differential in stock? my old diff decided to commit suicide and take the bell housing with it.

We have 02J's and diffs but dont have them already together but can in a day.
Price varies depending on the trans code. Please call or email to get a specific price.

#56 ·
Re: APTuning Transmission Rebuild and Upgrade Services!! (littlenumnuts)

I believe my reverse idler is bad(ratcheting/rumbling in revers pretty loud but works OK and all forward gears are smooth and quiet)...If it is just this problem, how much over the $300 base price would you guess at? Its a 2000 cabrio stock. Thanks
Do you put new reverse gears(better than originals) in your rebuilds for this model since they are known to be less reliable due to the engine load on newer vw models that use these tranny's?
How much for a replacement rebuilt tranny...., if I go that route?

Modified by Ruditchka at 11:18 AM 9-26-2009

#59 ·
Re: (arismkv)

Question, want to know what you guys recommend for modifications to an 02J tranny.
Will be in a Mk1 chassis, ~1800lbs full weight
Support 250-max hp, 300-ish ft-lbs torque,
Be used for some distance driving but mostly Track and Auto-x for fun.
I don't need custom ratios or dog-engagement, but I want the tranny to last and be reliable.
Cost is always an issue of course, but what would you recommend to fill this role? Obviously a diff, but what about synchros, what weak parts can I eliminate, etc...
Thanks for the information. You can PM me if you want.
Brendan

#63 ·
Re: FV-QR (cuesoccer24)

We can do the swap using used 020(what originally came on a manual 2.0) parts for about $1750
or
We can do the swap using all new parts with 02A cable shift trans for $3500

#65 ·
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by ryans05gli »
i am looking to get an audi a4 1.8t (current VW GLI) but i think i would miss my 6 speed a lot. is there a 6speed transmission i can swap into an a4 1.8t without too much hassle? and how much would that set up usually run?

Alot of B6 A4's can be had with the 6speed. If swapping to a 6spd its not that terribly difficult but its not cheap as they are not that easy to come.

#66 ·
Re: FV-QR (APTuning)

Bump for some great guys.brought my trans to them with no notice.They tore it down in front of me to let me know where I stood, and they rebuilt it in less than 4 days.Sourced me a 3.3 ring n pinion and a quaiffe.They will also be doing the 02a swap to replace the diff vomitting 020 in my mk3 1.8t.lol Thanks again guys

#68 ·
Re: APTuning Transmission Rebuild and Upgrade Services!! (APTuning)

Just a question, and I don't expect you to fix my car for Free. My 1990 . 90 Quattro 20V is very sluggish in first gear, it is strong 2nd through 5 but 1st is weak, does this sound like a transmission type problem to you?
MB

#70 ·
Hey would a 1.8T EHA trans from a 04 GTI bolt up to my 2003 2.0 Mk4? I got the trans for free and all it needs is a bearing replaced and I was considering having you guys rebuild it for me. Please let me know when you get a chance.
Thanks.

Modified by VDUB MKIV at 6:23 PM 3-14-2010

#71 ·
Re: (MikeMac)

Do you have any fix for the slop that's in my 6spd shifter box? Like the plastic bushings or cable connections(on the shifter side, not the tranny). I already replaced the endlink bushings with the brass ones. Now I need to get rid of the play in the shifter box itself. I've got 10mm of play in all directions. Any help?

#72 ·
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by warranty225cpe »
Do you have any fix for the slop that's in my 6spd shifter box? Like the plastic bushings or cable connections(on the shifter side, not the tranny). I already replaced the endlink bushings with the brass ones. Now I need to get rid of the play in the shifter box itself. I've got 10mm of play in all directions. Any help?

no sorry nothing aftermarket to fix it.
Are the bushings for the cable ends ok or are they worn out?

#73 ·
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by VDUB MKIV »
Hey would a 1.8T EHA trans from a 04 GTI bolt up to my 2003 2.0 Mk4? I got the trans for free and all it needs is a bearing replaced and I was considering having you guys rebuild it for me. Please let me know when you get a chance.
Thanks.
Yes it will physically bolt up but axles will probably be different

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.