Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 58 of 90 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
    Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2235

    Thread: SLR thread

    1. 04-20-2012 05:38 AM #1426
      Bought a Canon 8-15mm Fisheye for ****s and giggles today. Could be a fun lens

    2. 04-20-2012 12:06 PM #1427
      That glass would be fun for the pits

    3. Member
      Join Date
      May 7th, 2005
      Location
      The Big Durian
      Posts
      5,113
      04-20-2012 09:55 PM #1428
      D700 with 12k actuations on ECS website for $1850... Good deal?

      What did you sell yours for Mike?

    4. 04-21-2012 02:23 AM #1429
      seriously impressed with the sharpness of this Fisheye, even though it's not really a lens you would think would be sharp. Front element would have been about 5cm from Cooper's eye in this, if that.



      fullsize (from a 7D @ about 10mm) http://mpd.smugmug.com/Other/Random-...CooperFish.jpg
      Last edited by MickyD; 04-21-2012 at 02:26 AM.

    5. 04-21-2012 02:39 AM #1430
      Quote Originally Posted by dkr View Post
      D700 with 12k actuations on ECS website for $1850... Good deal?

      What did you sell yours for Mike?

      1500 and that was with a mb-d10.
      You can get cheaper than 1850

    6. 04-21-2012 03:46 AM #1431
      EF 16-35 f/2.8 II bought today for the new 5D. Keen to see what it's like.

    7. Member
      Join Date
      May 7th, 2005
      Location
      The Big Durian
      Posts
      5,113
      04-21-2012 03:46 AM #1432
      Yeah. Watching a 2 month old D700 (HK stock) on fleabay for $1600..
      Last edited by dkr; 04-21-2012 at 05:07 AM.

    8. Senior Member Lima's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 26th, 2002
      Location
      Canberra, Australia
      Posts
      30,737
      Vehicles
      MY10 Audi S3
      04-21-2012 04:44 AM #1433
      Quote Originally Posted by MickyD View Post
      seriously impressed with the sharpness of this Fisheye, even though it's not really a lens you would think would be sharp. Front element would have been about 5cm from Cooper's eye in this, if that.



      fullsize (from a 7D @ about 10mm) http://mpd.smugmug.com/Other/Random-...CooperFish.jpg
      Very nice.

    9. Senior Member Lima's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 26th, 2002
      Location
      Canberra, Australia
      Posts
      30,737
      Vehicles
      MY10 Audi S3
      04-23-2012 07:19 PM #1434

    10. Member
      Join Date
      May 7th, 2005
      Location
      The Big Durian
      Posts
      5,113
      04-24-2012 03:42 AM #1435
      Quote Originally Posted by TheHamofMam View Post
      Sold the D700. Now the wait begins.
      This should go well with your D4..

      http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/24/29...or-sale-london

    11. Member mdt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2001
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      17,438
      Vehicles
      BMW F20 & E91
      04-24-2012 05:49 AM #1436
      Quote Originally Posted by TheHamofMam View Post
      That looks like something from their Prep Boy f@ggot collection.
      Quote Originally Posted by smarm View Post
      Can you give me a heads up when that hits the market.

    12. 04-29-2012 11:57 PM #1437
      Hey guys. Wanting to get thoughts on where to buy my 70-200 2.8 ... I'm not paying $3000 for it so grey market it is, but who have people bought from and would you buy again?

      3 places I'm considering

      DWI = $2059
      http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au/...idProduct=2292

      eGlobal = $2029
      http://www.eglobaldigitalcameras.com...ii-lenses.html

      d-d Photographic have two prices, one is from the aussie store ($2399) and the other is their Singapore ($2169).


      EDIT: hhmmm apparently DWI and EGlobal are the same company?
      Last edited by FL00DY; 04-30-2012 at 12:00 AM.

    13. 04-30-2012 12:38 AM #1438
      Quote Originally Posted by FL00DY View Post
      Hey guys. Wanting to get thoughts on where to buy my 70-200 2.8 ... I'm not paying $3000 for it so grey market it is, but who have people bought from and would you buy again?
      I bought a lens from these guys and it arrived as promised;

      http://www.shoppingsquare.com.au/p_6...IS_II_USM_Lens

    14. 04-30-2012 01:19 AM #1439
      Quote Originally Posted by skc View Post
      I bought a lens from these guys and it arrived as promised;

      http://www.shoppingsquare.com.au/p_6...IS_II_USM_Lens
      Yeah I've heard mixed results bout these guys, however they have the Nikon 70-200 for $1927 but it's sold out. Waiting to hear how long for order...

    15. Member KGB's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 28th, 2004
      Posts
      4,447
      Vehicles
      Neunelfer, Neun acht und zwanzig, und die grosser 5er Diesel Tourenwagen
      04-30-2012 01:34 AM #1440
      Micky, Canon G1X good for simple point and shoot or not ?
      Quote Originally Posted by WAY View Post
      I am planning to keep this for awhile. I am deadly serious too.

    16. 04-30-2012 02:05 AM #1441
      if you can handle the size (s******), it would be awesome. Almost SLR sized sensor in a relatively compact body. Not really a pocket camera, unless you mean a jacket pocket though.
      If you want something really pocketable, it's hard to go past the S100.

      (edit: seems the forum censor doesn't like the word for a laugh that rhymes with bigger....)

    17. Member
      Join Date
      May 7th, 2005
      Location
      The Big Durian
      Posts
      5,113
      04-30-2012 04:22 AM #1442
      Quote Originally Posted by FL00DY View Post
      Yeah I've heard mixed results bout these guys, however they have the Nikon 70-200 for $1927 but it's sold out. Waiting to hear how long for order...
      And D700 for a smidge over $2k, but also sold out..

    18. Member
      Join Date
      May 7th, 2005
      Location
      The Big Durian
      Posts
      5,113
      04-30-2012 05:16 AM #1443
      And just worked out I can get new D700 with 2 Aus year warranty for $2114 after claiming GST via refund scheme... Win.


    19. Member mdt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 21st, 2001
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      17,438
      Vehicles
      BMW F20 & E91
      05-01-2012 09:42 PM #1445
      Quote Originally Posted by TheHamofMam View Post
      Some amazing shots in there. Thanks for posting.
      Quote Originally Posted by TheHamofMam View Post
      That looks like something from their Prep Boy f@ggot collection.
      Quote Originally Posted by smarm View Post
      Can you give me a heads up when that hits the market.

    20. 05-01-2012 10:00 PM #1446
      Quote Originally Posted by dkr View Post
      And just worked out I can get new D700 with 2 Aus year warranty for $2114 after claiming GST via refund scheme... Win.
      Customs will do everything to pursuade you to declare it when you enter the country again. Just know that their system isn't synched to Toruist Refund Scheme database.

    21. Member KGB's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 28th, 2004
      Posts
      4,447
      Vehicles
      Neunelfer, Neun acht und zwanzig, und die grosser 5er Diesel Tourenwagen
      05-02-2012 05:49 AM #1447
      Quote Originally Posted by MickyD View Post
      if you can handle the size (s******), it would be awesome. Almost SLR sized sensor in a relatively compact body. Not really a pocket camera, unless you mean a jacket pocket though.
      If you want something really pocketable, it's hard to go past the S100.

      (edit: seems the forum censor doesn't like the word for a laugh that rhymes with bigger....)
      Thanks, bought one on your fine recommendation! Just wanted a better result w/out going full DSLR.
      Initial pics are pretty good compared to the pocket Canons we have laying around the house
      Just need to read the manual now Size isn't really an issue
      Quote Originally Posted by WAY View Post
      I am planning to keep this for awhile. I am deadly serious too.

    22. 05-02-2012 06:07 AM #1448
      Quote Originally Posted by TheHamofMam View Post
      Customs will do everything to pursuade you to declare it when you enter the country again. Just know that their system isn't synched to Toruist Refund Scheme database.
      It's funny that it's not linked to the Australian one, when I've heard of people seem to be getting pulled up by customs over stuff that has been claimed on TRS equivalents in other countries (I think it was Singapore specifically)

    23. 05-02-2012 06:09 AM #1449
      **** that was a badly written post

      Last time I went OS I meant to fill out the form that says what stuff you're carrying out so you don't run the risk of being charged GST on the way back in. Completely forgot, and had zero issues bringing the camera gear back in (and there would have been about 7k worth in the bag)

    24. 05-02-2012 06:11 AM #1450
      Quote Originally Posted by TheHamofMam View Post
      Excellent photos - the ones from earlier in the week of early 20th NYC are good too.

      Mrs's Aunty and Uncle have a photo standing in the main st of Afghanistan with their Harleys and a couple of Taliban people, while they're holding the soldiers machine guns. The date on the photo is 12/9/2001...... it was suggested to them that they might want to get out of the country ASAP given the events of the previous 24hrs.
      Last edited by MickyD; 05-02-2012 at 06:17 AM.

    Page 58 of 90 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •