VWVortex

Page 3 of 293 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: R32 Stance Thread

1. 10-19-2008 08:36 PM #51
      Stasis SS set to Euro spec height:

Vehicles
      '04 .:R32, '15 Tiguan (daily)
      10-20-2008 04:59 PM #52
      Seeing a lot of nice .:R's here. Not to thread jack but what would be the best choice in suspension for a decent drop in height but a comfortable ride for daily driving. I am looking for a comfortable ride and I may go to track at most 2 times a year. Thanks

3. 10-20-2008 06:32 PM #53
      Depends on your budget really.
      Billstein PSS9 are lovely but pricey.
      Tein is one of the best from all my experiences.
      Stasis SS I have on now and have 0 complaints.
      Koni has always been a tad rough to me.
      Alot of people love the VMaxx coils as well, including Moacr who had them on prior to his Air setup.

Vehicles
      10-20-2008 06:37 PM #54
      Tein? My brother has them on his Miata and I think its a bit rough. Budget doesn't really matter much. Maybe looking to spend about 1500-1700. I am mainly looking for comfortability for daily driving.

5. 10-20-2008 08:12 PM #55
      Then you're in budget for pretty much anything.
      Look at the PSS9's or PSS10's from Billstein.
      Is the miata slammed though ? I drove a stock one and even then it's pretty bouncy.

Vehicles
      10-20-2008 08:25 PM #56
      Yeah his Miata is slammed all the way down. Its fun to drive, its like a go-kart. I will go wherever you take it but it just hurts on daily driving. I haven't seen PSS10's yet for the .:R32. I have only seen PSS9's. Whats the difference.

Vehicles
      2004 R32, 1993 Corrado SLC
      10-21-2008 07:58 AM #57
      i love my PSS9's and have had them for about a month....i don't really mind a harsher ride, i actually prefer it so i have them dropped all the way and set pretty stiff. But they are very easy to change settings on so if I want a smoother ride it only takes a couple of minutes. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      12' CW 4DR Golf [R] (SOLD) 13' RB 4DR Golf R
      10-26-2008 12:30 AM #58
      Quote, originally posted by TornadoR32 »
      H&R Coilovers with Neuspeed Adjustable Control Arms and 15MM Rear Spacers:

Sorry I am a picture whore...

ME LOVE YOUR CAR LONG TIME [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      Blue One

9. 10-26-2008 07:06 AM #59
      Quote, originally posted by loco8685 »
      I love looking at the stance thread in the MKIV section... but I own an R so it'd be nice to have a thread with R's with sick stances to drool over.

This is why I don't bother with the R32 forum any more.
      Sick stances? WTF are you, 16 years old? The R32 is a performance oriented car. If you want 'sick stances', go get a 1.6L MkIV auto with a bodykit. You'll look just as 'sick' at half the cost.
      I rue the day R32s depreciated into the hands of people with teenage minds.

Vehicles
      MKVI Golf R, Saab STi, SportWagen TDi
      10-26-2008 07:24 AM #60
      Quote, originally posted by Super 180s »
      This is why I don't bother with the R32 forum any more.
      Sick stances? WTF are you, 16 years old? The R32 is a performance oriented car. If you want 'sick stances', go get a 1.6L MkIV auto with a bodykit. You'll look just as 'sick' at half the cost.
      I rue the day R32s depreciated into the hands of people with teenage minds.

Is it possible some of us here like to use our cars for purposes other than tracking?
      And even if you do track your car, who's to say you can't have a nice daily driven stance and raise the car up a bit and swap wheels for track days?
      God forbid my car isn't track ready 24/7
      Turbo Unicorn | HS Tuning | 42DD | Cabin Krew

Vehicles
      old S wagon an M3
      10-26-2008 10:55 AM #61
      he ALWAYS says the same thing, nobody pays attention anyways

Vehicles
      10-26-2008 10:59 AM #62
      Quote, originally posted by scharged »
      he ALWAYS says the same thing, nobody pays attention anyways

13. 10-26-2008 11:02 AM #63

14. 10-26-2008 12:46 PM #64
      Quote, originally posted by loco8685 »
      it'd be nice to have a thread with sick stances to drool over.
      Post up a pic

My sickest stance ! HOLLER !!!

Vehicles
      2009 Volkswagen CC, 2011 Honda CR-V, 2015 Benz W205 C300
      10-26-2008 01:07 PM #65
      Quote, originally posted by romjetta02 »
      After:bags

[IMG]http://**********************/smile/emlove.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emlove.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emlove.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emlove.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emlove.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emlove.gif[/IMG]
      @dogdrive

16. 10-27-2008 04:05 AM #66
      Quote, originally posted by Navydub »
      Is it possible some of us here like to use our cars for purposes other than tracking?
      And even if you do track your car, who's to say you can't have a nice daily driven stance and raise the car up a bit and swap wheels for track days?
      God forbid my car isn't track ready 24/7

What now?
      You want the car to be high on the road, and low on the track. On the road, you have to deal with bumps, ridges, potholes, catseyes, unknown road conditions etc. Suspension travel on the road is your friend. The more you have, the better.
      Anyone who slams their car on the road isn't interested in performance, therefore has no reason to be driving an R32.

17. 10-27-2008 12:34 PM #67
      Quote, originally posted by ATM3222 »
      Bilstien PSS ... [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

you really need to take this car for a proper photoshoot! [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

18. 10-27-2008 12:45 PM #68
      Anyone who slams their car on the road isn't interested in performance, therefore has no reason to be driving an R32.

Just like you have no business being on a car forum or part of a community of enthusiasts. Give it a rest winged spawn of satan

Vehicles
      10-27-2008 12:52 PM #69
      What now?
      You want the car to be high on the road, and low on the track. On the road, you have to deal with bumps, ridges, potholes, catseyes, unknown road conditions etc. Suspension travel on the road is your friend. The more you have, the better.

Ok now I know you're ****ing retarded. GO learn something about suspension geometry.
      The suspension performs best when the front control arms are near parallel to the ground.
      Why would I want my car low on the track with my arms pointed towards the sky?
      I say you're the one with no business driving an .:R. Because if youre slamming your car and going to the track it's handling like dog ****.

Vehicles
      2009 VW GTI
      10-27-2008 02:52 PM #70
      I have to say that it's pretty awesome that the guy that is more interested in the way his car "stances" has a better understanding of dynamic camber than the "track enthusiast". Well done sir!

Ok now I know you're ****ing retarded. GO learn something about suspension geometry.
      The suspension performs best when the front control arms are near parallel to the ground.
      I say you're the one with no business driving an .:R. Because if youre slamming your car and going to the track it's handling like dog ****.

Vehicles
      10-27-2008 03:04 PM #71
      Quote, originally posted by huvGTI »
      I have to say that it's pretty awesome that the guy that is more interested in the way his car "stances" has a better understanding of dynamic camber than the "track enthusiast". Well done sir!

I like to prove I'm not just some dumb little kid sometimes

Vehicles
      R32, Bags, Tracers-SOLD
      10-27-2008 03:08 PM #72
      What now?

Guy pretty much everyone understands how a suspension should work but to say you dont deserve to drive an R32 is crap...I love my car to death but its a CAR...not every wants to be an effin race car driver haha...this is why i dont post in the R forum lol
      Dub Cult

23. 10-27-2008 03:19 PM #73
      Quote, originally posted by romjetta02 »
      Guy pretty much everyone understands how a suspension should work but to say you dont deserve to drive an R32 is crap...I love my car to death but its a CAR...not every wants to be an effin race car driver haha...this is why i dont post in the R forum lol

Exactly! You don't drive hard, so you don't need a performance car. A 1.6l MkIV with a bodykit would serve your purposes just as well.

24. 10-27-2008 03:22 PM #74

Haha you're so far off the mark.
      You're right, my idea of 'slamming' is dropping the car until the a-arms are just above parallel.
      I don't run my R32 on the track. It is a big, fat, heavy, slow understeering pig that doesn't have any business being on the track.
      Reasonable b-road car though...

Vehicles
      10-27-2008 03:27 PM #75
      Haha you're so far off the mark.
      You're right, my idea of 'slamming' is dropping the car until the a-arms are just above parallel.
      I don't run my R32 on the track. It is a big, fat, heavy, slow understeering pig that doesn't have any business being on the track.
      Reasonable b-road car though...

You sir are a moron.
      If that's what you intended why would you even say slam. If you know the height at which the arms are parallel it's FAR from slammed. One might even say 4x4'd.
      As for the second comment, I can't even believe you're that dumb....

Modified by Navydub at 3:28 PM 10-27-2008

Page 3 of 293 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast