probably controversial, but I like the shot.
The monthly contest will continue this month.
As a reminder, please do not enter the contest unless you have an idea for a topic next month. Many winners have said "I didnt expect to win so I'm not sure what I should do for a topic." Have it in your head already or DO NOT enter the contest because if you win you MUST come up with something.
I must receive an IM with the new topic at the beginning of the month. I will not start the new month till I have that topic IMed to me so please make sure you do this. If you're traveling or going to be unavailable at the time the contest ends, make sure you give me an IM before then or make sure someone else can contact me.
These rules arent hard, please be prepared if you are going to participate.
Whatever the winner wants the topic to be, that is it. Do not start polls or have questions about what would be good. Send me the topic so we can move forward...period.
I dont have the time to watch over or organize this, however, I will post the sticky for each assignment. You guys must self regulate and come up with your own ideas.
At the end of the month, the winner will choose the new topic and let me know via IM or email (email@example.com) and I will update the assignment thread.
Please note that from March till October I am extremely busy and travel a lot so there may be times where I will not be able to hold perfectly to the schedule getting things posted, please bear with me, I'll do my best.
If this becomes a problem, or too much babysitting is involved, I'll unsticky it and you guys will be on your own. Please report any problems or issues directly to me, keep all assignment related questions to the person in charge that month.
1. Photo must be taken DURING the assignment time period. That means shot after the first posting of the assignment and before the deadline. This encourages you to go out and shoot with the assignment in mind. Please keep exif intact so that others can see it. If you use a host that does not retain the exif, please link back to the original photo at the host site. Do not use "save for web" to save images as that strips the exif info, use the regular "save as" command to insure it remains intact.
2. Basic Photoshop/editing is allowed (levels, exposure, saturation, sharpening, etc), but no complete altering of the photo/subject, as in, no fake blurs, no HDR, no dropping one subject into a different background, that kind of stuff. Converting to B&W and selective color is ok.
3. No borders or frames on the photos. This tends to detract from or unfairly add to a photo and the judging is on the photo itself, not how nicely you can present it.
4. No nudity, illegal activity, implied illegal activity, or anything else that would normally not be allowed in this forum should be posted.
5. Post entries in this thread, do not make a separate thread for each entry. You have until midnight PST on Saturday November 22nd to post your entry.
6. The assignment thread is for posting photos ONLY, no discussion until voting starts and all ideas/questions should be directed to the person who is in charge of the assignment that month.
7. On the 23rd, use THIS thread to post critiques and who you think the winner should be. Until a better alternative is found, the person in charge of the month will tally the votes and declare a winner. Any entry deemed NOT on topic may be left out of the poll at the discretion of person in charge of month. Voting will last till the last day of the month when a winner will be chosen and the new assignment will start. So you should be ready to take over for the next month and have a topic in mind that you can send to me immediately.
Everyone is encouraged to participate regardless of skill level. With or without an SLR. It will help you grow as a photographer to see how others perspectives on a similar subject.
Person in charge this month is INDAHAUS.
Patriotism is the topic for this month. Do with it what you will.
Previous topics have been:
may- life's simple pleasures
August - Solitude
September - City Life
October - Silhouettes
November - no contest
December - Holidays
January - Music
February - Motion
March - Water
April - Rust
May - A bug's life
June - Refreshing
July - Urban Decay
August - Symmetry
September - Shallow Depth of Field
October - Out of Place
Please be prepared to choose something new if you win.
Quote, originally posted by fazed1 » /\ you know that the US Mint wants to eliminate the penny because the copper inside them is worth more then their actual price.
i work at a bank an i know this will never happen......plus its illegal to melt down pennies and anyone buying copper tests it.....
I am still waiting for my pic......
"Magnaflow, sounds like a urinary infection pill or a cheap viagra"
this was a tough one. i've got so many good shots from the campaigns- Joe Biden, Sarah Palin, Jeanne Shaheen (NH), John Sununu (NH), Jeb Bradley (NH), Carol Shea-Porter (NH), Gov. John Lynch (NH) and here President Clinton (at a rally for Jeanne Shaheen in Rochester, NH).
Modified by 20vbeats16v at 9:50 AM 11-18-2008
Quote, originally posted by BubbasA2 » well I just read the rules so I guess I will go take another pic.
Modified by BubbasA2 at 10:34 AM 11-20-2008
There are quite a few pics in this contest that weren't taken this month... Also a few (mine included ) do not show the EXIF data correctly so the date doesn't even show...
Quote, originally posted by Holden McNeil » SpOOkyRollerDisco A touching photo that reminds me of my Grandpa's funeral... Great shot and use of selective coloring
same here, but my only question is; who brings a camera to a funeral?