I remember when I was a kid in the '80s, there were plenty of informercial images and slogans burned into my cranium that will stick with me til the end.
- Mr. Microphone (Hey baby, want a ride?!")
- Life Alert ("I've fallen, and I can't get up!")
- the Craft-Matic Adjustable Bed
- ANY product from the great company RonCo (the Pocket Fisherman, the Salad Shooter, etc.)
I remember great infomercials selling music too, like:
- K-Tel Records comercials ("No my brother, you got to get your own!")
- Freedom Rock ("Hey dude, is that Freedom Rock!?")
It seems like there's been a resurgence of cheesy infomercials over the past few years. New pitchmen like Billy Mays, Tony Little and Vince the ShamWow guy are now cult commercial kings.
What infomercials do you folks get a kick out of?
What classic infomercials do you remember?
Have you ever purchased any of these "As Seen On TV" infomercial wares?
This could be a fun thread... DISCUSS....
Modified by JimmyD at 1:15 PM 11-3-2008