Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: ***Trance Thread***

1. 11-04-2008 07:08 PM #1

I've seen all these guys live within a 2 month span,I honestly just can't get enough.
      There live performances are just unreal.
      I there music!

Vehicles
      05 F150, 90 Civic Hatch
      11-04-2008 09:58 PM #2
      i have yet to see any of them in person since im new to this genre. First person i want to see live is AVB. Nitrous Oxide is amazing also.

3. 11-05-2008 03:20 AM #3
      whos the third guy? Van burren?

I've seen this happen, in other peoples lives, now its happened in mine...... <------ME New Phaeton Owner.

4. 11-05-2008 07:32 AM #4
      Quote, originally posted by 29_MALE_SOCAL_SPICY »
      whos the third guy? Van burren?

ATB

Vehicles
      Is300
      11-05-2008 10:59 AM #5
      Quote, originally posted by DAt_Tx_DuB »
      i have yet to see any of them in person since im new to this genre. First person i want to see live is AVB. Nitrous Oxide is amazing also.

IIRC nitrous oxide is an amatuer guy that posts alot on tranceaddict.net

i dont think he actually is at a pro level as of right now, he was just in a armin van buuren state of trance and it took off from there

ive seen AVB, PVD, oakenfold, ferry corsten, matt dekay, ATB, matt darey, gabriel and dresden, sasha and digweed.

on my list to see are max graham, john 00 fleming, mike shiver, david west.

Ferrari Scuderia 2012 - "The people who speak badly about me then tremble and cry when they want to have their picture taken with me” - F. Alonso
      Now recruiting for IT/financial/accounting/creative services in fairfield county and metro nyc, pm if interested

Vehicles
      Mercedes Benz C300 4MATIC Luxury
      11-09-2008 04:03 AM #6
      its all about this man... <3

7. 11-10-2008 04:15 AM #7
      If I were to bet 1 million dollars Tiesto's picture would show up on here, I'd be rich right now.

I think a lot of these characters are talented but VERY over rated.

I like some trance, but I find most of it to be either too fast or too cheesy for my ears. I like to keep my shiz under 125 bpm...HOUSE MUSIC ALL NIGHT LONG

Modified by euromaxituning at 3:17 AM 11-10-2008

"We are each free to believe what we want, and it's my view that my simplest explanation is: THERE IS NO GOD, no one created the universe and no one directs our fate." - Stephen Hawkings

Vehicles
      Is300
      11-10-2008 08:36 AM #8
      Quote, originally posted by euromaxituning »
      If I were to bet 1 million dollars Tiesto's picture would show up on here, I'd be rich right now.

I think a lot of these characters are talented but VERY over rated.

I like some trance, but I find most of it to be either too fast or too cheesy for my ears. I like to keep my shiz under 125 bpm...HOUSE MUSIC ALL NIGHT LONG

Modified by euromaxituning at 3:17 AM 11-10-2008

house is traditionally faster than trance..... if you were to look at a very standard definition. and anyone would bet tiesto would be here, his ISOS albums are pretty good and he puts on a great show

Ferrari Scuderia 2012 - "The people who speak badly about me then tremble and cry when they want to have their picture taken with me” - F. Alonso
      Now recruiting for IT/financial/accounting/creative services in fairfield county and metro nyc, pm if interested

9. 11-10-2008 01:42 PM #9
      Quote, originally posted by ClockworkChad »

house is traditionally faster than trance..... if you were to look at a very standard definition. and anyone would bet tiesto would be here, his ISOS albums are pretty good and he puts on a great show

most house is slower than most types of trance.
      Tiesto is a talented person, yes. But you don't agree he's over rated? come on man...

"We are each free to believe what we want, and it's my view that my simplest explanation is: THERE IS NO GOD, no one created the universe and no one directs our fate." - Stephen Hawkings

10. Senior Member ClockworkChad's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Is300
      11-10-2008 02:12 PM #10

Tiesto is a talented person, yes. But you don't agree he's over rated? come on man...

overrated? not at all. without tiesto i wouldnt be the fan that i am today. ISOS 4 is still my favorite album of all time, of any genre.

what really dilutes tiesto's good name is n00bs saying that he is the best DJ ever blah blah blah and then you ask them who daft punk is and you get a look from them. its the fanboi's that make me want to distance myself from liking him... but i cant do it. he spins cheese every now and then, but some of his live sets that i have on my ipod still ******* away and its ten years after theyve been recorded and my 100th time hearing them...

11. 11-10-2008 04:05 PM #11
      How are you comparing Daft Punk to Tiesto?

Vehicles
      R
      11-10-2008 04:15 PM #12
      deadmau5

13. 11-10-2008 04:21 PM #13

whether you or I think he is over rated, the fact is Tiesto sells out Arena Tours when he is here. He has mastered the huge production concert style shows and this is why the casual dance listener loves him.

and on that note,
      check out this sweet interview..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ov0YMMc3nY

I've seen this happen, in other peoples lives, now its happened in mine...... <------ME New Phaeton Owner.

Vehicles
      2001 VW Jetta WBE
      11-10-2008 04:21 PM #14
      Quote, originally posted by Cameronstein »
      How are you comparing Daft Punk to Tiesto?

he was noting that n00bs to the scene don't know about daft punk (since their name isn't seen everywhere these days (at least compared to tiesto))

so n00bz like tiesto because he's on the top of the charts.

if i understand the conversation correctly, no one was comparing the two

As for myself, I've been captivated by trance for the last 3 - 3 1/2 years. I can't stop listening to it! This past summer was insane. Tiesto, BT, Ferry, PvD, AvB. boom boom boom

forever fascinated™

15. Senior Member ClockworkChad's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Is300
      11-10-2008 04:34 PM #15
      Quote, originally posted by kcn0113 »

he was noting that n00bs to the scene don't know about daft punk (since their name isn't seen everywhere these days (at least compared to tiesto))

so n00bz like tiesto because he's on the top of the charts.

if i understand the conversation correctly, no one was comparing the two

As for myself, I've been captivated by trance for the last 3 - 3 1/2 years. I can't stop listening to it! This past summer was insane. Tiesto, BT, Ferry, PvD, AvB. boom boom boom

yup, i wasnt comparing the two, merely stating that peoples lack of knowledge of the genre is most evident in the tiesto/avb/pvd crowds, hence people associating the the quality of the artist with the quality of the crowd there

Modified by ClockworkChad at 4:40 PM 11-10-2008

16. 11-10-2008 07:21 PM #16

overrated? not at all. without tiesto i wouldnt be the fan that i am today. ISOS 4 is still my favorite album of all time, of any genre.

what really dilutes tiesto's good name is n00bs saying that he is the best DJ ever blah blah blah and then you ask them who daft punk is and you get a look from them. its the fanboi's that make me want to distance myself from liking him... but i cant do it. he spins cheese every now and then, but some of his live sets that i have on my ipod still ******* away and its ten years after theyve been recorded and my 100th time hearing them...

Again, I can't stress enough on how talented the man is. However, if it wasn't for "THE NOOBZ" he wouldn't be selling out arenas. And the reason why I say he is over rated is because again "THE NOOBZ" keep voting for him every year because...well... they are NOOBZ and don't know any better.
      I vote for djs not only for their technical skills, but aesthetic reasons... And personally, I think Tiesto is full of himself. But hey, even douche bags can put on a great show.

Modified by euromaxituning at 6:29 PM 11-10-2008

Vehicles
      RIP 2002 JTI
      11-10-2008 07:51 PM #17
      tiesto has managed to fool so many people into thinking his music is good, i just don't get it. when i think of music as a whole, trance has got to be the cheesiest **** ever.

those DJ polls are ****ed apparently since voting is open for so long. the new DJ Mag #1 (fresh as last week) was open for one week with 30,000 votes... Erol Alkan topped the chart. that's more like it

18. 11-10-2008 09:01 PM #18
      Quote, originally posted by monosylabik »
      tiesto has managed to fool so many people into thinking his music is good, i just don't get it. when i think of music as a whole, trance has got to be the cheesiest **** ever.

those DJ polls are ****ed apparently since voting is open for so long. the new DJ Mag #1 (fresh as last week) was open for one week with 30,000 votes... Erol Alkan topped the chart. that's more like it

THANK YOU!!
      Oh, Erol Alkan is amazing!!!! seen that weirdo in philly and brooklyn a few times

19. Senior Member ClockworkChad's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Is300
      11-10-2008 09:22 PM #19
      Quote, originally posted by monosylabik »

http://www.djmag.com/index.php...=home

tiesto #2

Vehicles
      RIP 2002 JTI
      11-11-2008 02:31 AM #20
      sorry, meant datatransmission

http://www.datatransmission.co.uk/features209.aspx

tiesto is still cheese

THANK YOU!!
      Oh, Erol Alkan is amazing!!!! seen that weirdo in philly and brooklyn a few times

erol is so extremely mindblowing. i've only gotten to see him once, this past march. no doubt the best dj i've ever witnessed. you know what's up man

Vehicles
      89/m3
      11-11-2008 01:45 PM #21
      Blank and Jones!!!

Great vid

Perfect Silence

Vehicles
      08 Passat Wagon 2.0T
      11-11-2008 02:27 PM #22
      Quote, originally posted by BMPolska »
      deadmau5

Love deadmau5 I've have been a trance and EDM fan since 04 but I am gradually moving from trance to progressive trance/house. I am getting into the funkier house and prog stuff rather than the anthemic club tunes. They just get old.

23. 11-11-2008 03:41 PM #23
      Quote, originally posted by WayOutWest »

Love deadmau5 I've have been a trance and EDM fan since 04 but I am gradually moving from trance to progressive trance/house. I am getting into the funkier house and prog stuff rather than the anthemic club tunes. They just get old.

deadmau5 is ok from what I've heard, I head him play at WMC and was pretty good, his production is decent too. It's just kinda crazy how this guy blew up literally overnight. I heard him speak on an interview and he also seems to be a pretty cool dude. but I don't know how his name popped on on this thread

Modified by euromaxituning at 2:42 PM 11-11-2008

Vehicles
      RIP 2002 JTI
      11-12-2008 09:17 PM #24
      ^ deadmau5 is a *****, the overnight stardom must've gone to his head:

"Red hot Canadian producer Deadmau5 hits Irish shores this weekend but local dj's better keep out of his way. The five times beatport award winner told Clubmix in an explosive interview that he HATES dj's and think they're all ****ing *****.

Deadmau5 pronounced dead mouse said he will only perform live shows of his own music and thinks DJ's should be extinct. he says "It puts me to ****ing sleep
      I don't really see the technical merit in playing two songs at the same speed together and it bores me to ****ing tears and hopefully with all due respect to the dj type that will ****ing go the way of the dinosaur id like them to disa****ingpear."

Joel continued, " It's so middle man, they're like ****ing lawyers you need them, but they're ****ing *****. God bless them they're my number one customers right so I'm not gonna go diss every ****ing DJ, but to say you become this massive up on a podium performer by playing other peoples productions at the same speed as someone else's productions and fading between the two of them, I don't get it"

i do dig his Jelo vs. - Reward Is Cheese track though

25. 11-12-2008 10:49 PM #25
      ^ LMFAO!! Like it takes MORE talent producing electronic music! Sorry, it's not just mixing two records... there's a lot more to it. I think it takes more talent selecting the right music to play than to make some mickey mouse beats on a computer.

And funny, all the times I've heard him spin he played OTHER ARTISTS tracks!
      That was very douche bag-ish of him

Modified by euromaxituning at 9:58 PM 11-12-2008

26. Senior Member ClockworkChad's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Is300
      11-12-2008 11:33 PM #26

And funny, all the times I've heard him spin he played OTHER ARTISTS tracks!
      That was very douche bag-ish of him

Modified by euromaxituning at 9:58 PM 11-12-2008

go to shows much ?

27. 11-12-2008 11:48 PM #27

go to shows much ?

Yeah, whenever there is some one worth seeing in nyc I'm usually there.
      I've never SEEN deadmau5 mix live, but I heard him mix live from WMC and on satellite radio and he played mostly other peoples tracks.

Vehicles
      '92 Jetta 2.1L 16V, '08 Mazda3 GT
      11-13-2008 12:20 AM #28
      Wow, that is a shame to hear about DeadMau5. I do like his work.

On the Trance side of things

Some good stuff in here.

"tiesto has managed to fool so many people into thinking his music is good, i just don't get it. when i think of music as a whole, trance has got to be the cheesiest **** ever."

Could not agree more

Modified by JOHNS92JETTA at 11:22 PM 11-12-2008

29. 11-13-2008 03:30 PM #29
      I think deadmau5 was joking in those interviews.

That being said, he is in form right now. I dont know the whole story, but i guess he was a trance producer and then went electro?

All the high skool kids love him around here.

I dont really see what the bigg deal is.

30. Senior Member ClockworkChad's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Is300
      11-13-2008 03:49 PM #30

Yeah, whenever there is some one worth seeing in nyc I'm usually there.
      I've never SEEN deadmau5 mix live, but I heard him mix live from WMC and on satellite radio and he played mostly other peoples tracks.

they all play other peoples tracks. thats what they do at shows. they never just sit there playing their own tracks (except G &D)

31. 11-13-2008 08:24 PM #31

they all play other peoples tracks. thats what they do at shows. they never just sit there playing their own tracks (except G &D)

Right, so this concludes that he was joking on the interviews, right?

32. 11-13-2008 08:25 PM #32
      Quote, originally posted by JOHNS92JETTA »
      Wow, that is a shame to hear about DeadMau5. I do like his work.

On the Trance side of things

Good call, this and Communicate are my all time fav S&D mix albums

Vehicles
      '92 Jetta 2.1L 16V, '08 Mazda3 GT
      11-13-2008 10:28 PM #33

Good call, this and Communicate are my all time fav S&D mix albums

I was just going through my CD's again and found Communicate in there. Forgot I had it.

Vehicles
      RIP 2002 JTI
      11-13-2008 10:54 PM #34

^ not true. that's the difference between "live" and "dj set". many dj's (if they've got enough of their own material) will do live sets consisting only of their tracks and remixes (justice, simian mobile disco, digitalism)

euromax was pointing out that deadmau5's live sets totally contradict what he said in the interview about only spinning his own tracks.

i don't think the interview was a joke, check his essential mix. i think any other artist's tracks he had in there, i think he had a hand in production wise.

Vehicles
      Mercedes Benz C300 4MATIC Luxury
      11-13-2008 11:31 PM #35
      im still debating wheather or not to go see gabriel this saturday

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast