Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Trance Thread***

Vehicles
      Is300
      11-12-2008 10:33 PM #26
      Quote, originally posted by euromaxituning »
      And funny, all the times I've heard him spin he played OTHER ARTISTS tracks!
      That was very douche bag-ish of him [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthdown.gif[/IMG]
      Modified by euromaxituning at 9:58 PM 11-12-2008

go to shows much ?
      Ferrari Scuderia 2012 - "The people who speak badly about me then tremble and cry when they want to have their picture taken with me” - F. Alonso
      Now recruiting for IT/financial/accounting/creative services in fairfield county and metro nyc, pm if interested

2. 11-12-2008 10:48 PM #27
      Quote, originally posted by ClockworkChad »
      go to shows much ?

Yeah, whenever there is some one worth seeing in nyc I'm usually there.
      I've never SEEN deadmau5 mix live, but I heard him mix live from WMC and on satellite radio and he played mostly other peoples tracks.
      "We are each free to believe what we want, and it's my view that my simplest explanation is: THERE IS NO GOD, no one created the universe and no one directs our fate." - Stephen Hawkings

Vehicles
      '92 Jetta 2.1L 16V, '08 Mazda3 GT
      11-12-2008 11:20 PM #28
      Wow, that is a shame to hear about DeadMau5. I do like his work.
      On the Trance side of things

Some good stuff in here.
      "tiesto has managed to fool so many people into thinking his music is good, i just don't get it. when i think of music as a whole, trance has got to be the cheesiest **** ever."
      Could not agree more

[IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Modified by JOHNS92JETTA at 11:22 PM 11-12-2008

4. 11-13-2008 02:30 PM #29
      I think deadmau5 was joking in those interviews.
      That being said, he is in form right now. I dont know the whole story, but i guess he was a trance producer and then went electro?
      All the high skool kids love him around here.
      I dont really see what the bigg deal is.
      HIT ME UP PRICE UPDATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <------ Original R32 4 SALE http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...al-Owner-SOCAL

Vehicles
      Is300
      11-13-2008 02:49 PM #30
      Quote, originally posted by euromaxituning &raquo;
      Yeah, whenever there is some one worth seeing in nyc I'm usually there.
      I've never SEEN deadmau5 mix live, but I heard him mix live from WMC and on satellite radio and he played mostly other peoples tracks.

they all play other peoples tracks. thats what they do at shows. they never just sit there playing their own tracks (except G &D)
      Ferrari Scuderia 2012 - "The people who speak badly about me then tremble and cry when they want to have their picture taken with me” - F. Alonso
      Now recruiting for IT/financial/accounting/creative services in fairfield county and metro nyc, pm if interested

6. 11-13-2008 07:24 PM #31
      Quote, originally posted by ClockworkChad &raquo;
      they all play other peoples tracks. thats what they do at shows. they never just sit there playing their own tracks (except G &D)

Right, so this concludes that he was joking on the interviews, right?
      "We are each free to believe what we want, and it's my view that my simplest explanation is: THERE IS NO GOD, no one created the universe and no one directs our fate." - Stephen Hawkings

7. 11-13-2008 07:25 PM #32
      Quote, originally posted by JOHNS92JETTA &raquo;
      Wow, that is a shame to hear about DeadMau5. I do like his work.
      On the Trance side of things

Good call, this and Communicate are my all time fav S&D mix albums [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      11-13-2008 09:28 PM #33
      Good call, this and Communicate are my all time fav S&D mix albums [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

I was just going through my CD's again and found Communicate in there. Forgot I had it.

Vehicles
      RIP 2002 JTI
      11-13-2008 09:54 PM #34

^ not true. that's the difference between "live" and "dj set". many dj's (if they've got enough of their own material) will do live sets consisting only of their tracks and remixes (justice, simian mobile disco, digitalism)
      euromax was pointing out that deadmau5's live sets totally contradict what he said in the interview about only spinning his own tracks.
      i don't think the interview was a joke, check his essential mix. i think any other artist's tracks he had in there, i think he had a hand in production wise.

Vehicles
      Mercedes Benz C300 4MATIC Luxury
      11-13-2008 10:31 PM #35
      im still debating wheather or not to go see gabriel this saturday

11. Senior Member ClockworkChad's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Is300
      11-14-2008 09:35 AM #36
      Quote, originally posted by monosylabik &raquo;
      ^ not true. that's the difference between "live" and "dj set". many dj's (if they've got enough of their own material) will do live sets consisting only of their tracks and remixes (justice, simian mobile disco, digitalism)

ive been to quite a few shows and ive never heard an artist play more than a couple of their songs. thats all im saying.

12. 11-14-2008 01:16 PM #37
      Quote, originally posted by monosylabik &raquo;

mixing yiour own stuff maybe harder, maybe easier, who knows. Real shouts that go out to the real PAs like Anthony Rother, depeche mode, underworld, the chems,
      HIT ME UP PRICE UPDATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <------ Original R32 4 SALE http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...al-Owner-SOCAL

Vehicles
      89/m3
      11-14-2008 01:36 PM #38
      Have attended 5 Ultra Music Festival events during winter music conference in miami, Fl... Good Times!!

nothing better than looking around at a crowd of 100k people who are all ...me being one of them

Modified by nsingh9 at 1:37 PM 11-14-2008

14. 11-14-2008 04:00 PM #39
      Quote, originally posted by ilde10 &raquo;
      im still debating wheather or not to go see gabriel this saturday

Gabriel & Dresden??

15. 11-14-2008 04:07 PM #40
      gabriel plays alone sometimes, but i think its the same guy

16. 11-14-2008 04:17 PM #41
      Quote, originally posted by nsingh9 &raquo;
      Have attended 5 Ultra Music Festival events during winter music conference in miami, Fl... Good Times!!

nothing better than looking around at a crowd of 100k people who are all ...me being one of them

thats pretty awesome...but your smile face has pupils that are too small.

17. Senior Member ClockworkChad's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Is300
      11-14-2008 04:22 PM #42
      Quote, originally posted by 29_MALE_SOCAL_SPICY &raquo;
      gabriel plays alone sometimes, but i think its the same guy

josh gabriel and dave dresden do seperate shows alot. gabriel had a new song out recently, it was on 'dave dresden is hotter than 76 minutes in summer' - i dont recall the name of the track but it was pretty good. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

18. 11-14-2008 09:02 PM #43
      Dangerous Power [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      11-14-2008 09:19 PM #44
      Quote, originally posted by nsingh9 &raquo;

[IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] I CANT WAIT TILL THIS YEAR!!!

Vehicles
      11-14-2008 09:20 PM #45
      Gabriel & Dresden??

yeah its just josh gabriel @ ibiza tomorrow

Vehicles
      RIP 2002 JTI
      11-15-2008 05:57 AM #46
      WMC is should be completely nuts this year. last year was tops. i can't wait for the lineup, Ultra and the many other parties.
      ive been to quite a few shows and ive never heard an artist play more than a couple of their songs. thats all im saying.

i'm sayin you have to pay attention to the bill, whether its 'live' or 'dj set'.

Vehicles
      11-15-2008 11:23 AM #47

Vehicles
      11-15-2008 01:54 PM #48
      sounds good [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

24. 11-15-2008 02:10 PM #49
      Has anyone been to a Sensation White event?

Vehicles
      2003 VW GTI 1.8t, 2001 BMW 650GS DAKAR
      11-15-2008 04:46 PM #50
      I wait patiently for A State of Trance to play every Thursday on di.fm.
      Armin Van Buuren knows his stuff.
      "Where we're going, we don't need roads." - BMW F650GS DAKAR

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast