Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Links back to The Car Lounge (opens in same window)

Thread: Mag-X: Lexus HS250h & 2011 Camry.

1. 11-10-2008 01:19 PM #1
      Here is information on the rumored Lexus dedicated hybrid model from Mag-X. Set to be shown at the 09' NAIS Autoshow in a couple months.

Its tentatively dubbed the HS250h (the two "h"s are a bit redundant ); internally known as 818L. It'll be a relative of the Toyota "SAI" hybrid (internally 500L), and come with a 2.4L hybrid engine that is also in the Camry hybrid. The car will have a BMW i-drive-esque, LED headlights, etc. Expected to be released sometime in 09.

On somewhat related note:

Toyota is planning big changes for the next Camry. The base 2AR-engine will grow to 2.5L and the THSIII will be reduced in size and weight for the Hybrid model, which should offer more power and have better fuel efficiency.

The growth of the Camry brand will begin to focus on developing markets like Russia, China, and Asia. The next-gen Camry is expected to sell half as much next-gen Camrys in Japan then the current model. But Toyota targets to sell around a third-more Camry's globally, with much of the growth expected outside the North America. Toyota aims to sell 1 million Camrys globally.

It is expected that design-cues from the Toyota iQ will be carried over to the next Camry. Artist rendition below. Expected to be released in 2011.

Modified by DoctorNo at 10:25 AM 11-10-2008

Vehicles
      1990 GLi, 2001 Golf 1.8t, 03 A4 avant
      11-10-2008 01:22 PM #2
      pretty much looks just like the new accord IMO

11-10-2008 01:24 PM #3
      Why not just make a ES350h?

11-10-2008 01:33 PM #4
      Quote, originally posted by bzcat »
      Why not just make a ES350h?

Many people want to announce the world that they are Hybrid owners when they are driving mile away and not only when people are close enough to be able to read the "hybrid" badges. Makes business sense seeing the Prius success compared to the Civic.

5. 01-30-2014 02:54 AM #5
      I guess the front end view of the Lexus, and its lights are a dead ringer for the Honda Accord. The side view of the Camry really looks like the front profile of the Honda Civic. I prefer Honda Civic better, but I should agree that there is a big improvement over the high hood and high trunk line of the current Camry.

Vehicles
      Six Speed Satanizer
      01-30-2014 03:20 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by lourencohen View Post
      I guess the front end view of the Lexus, and its lights are a dead ringer for the Honda Accord. The side view of the Camry really looks like the front profile of the Honda Civic. I prefer Honda Civic better, but I should agree that there is a big improvement over the high hood and high trunk line of the current Camry.

Thank you for bumping this years old thread to provide us with your fascinating insights into these artist renderings of cars that have been on the market for a few years now and in the case of the Lexus, discontinued.

I hope you have something to sell us.

Here's a picture of a kid excited to eat pancakes for your troubles, have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      You are in the land of rust and honey.