Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Tiptronic 09A Transmission Codes

1. 11-17-2008 08:22 PM #1
      My buddy and I were looking at a tiptronic transmission that is for sale, we could not find the three letter code to identify the transmission. The only thing we could find was the code:

JP
      JC7 09A 321 105

He swears it is for a TDI, but we were told it is for a 1.8T. Can someone help settle the dispute? Does this code mean anything, or is it useless without the three letters (such as EYP)?

As I said before, we didn't see the three letter code, but we did see the code above. Does this tell us anything? I hope it's not useless.

Thanks

Vehicles
      85 Jetta TD sold 2001 Jetta Tdi, 2000 Jetta Tdi
      11-17-2008 08:28 PM #2
      Are you trying to buy this one from this guy?
      He has a code GNZ

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4122372

Modified by CoolAirVw at 5:32 PM 11-17-2008

Auto trans fluid change or flush will not make a trans fail. Stop spreading the wives tale/urban myth.
      ASE Master Certified Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Rating Recently passed ASE certification for Light Diesel repair.
      www.KansasCityTdi.com

3. 11-17-2008 08:44 PM #3
      I am looking at this one that is being sold locally. I'm going to stop by later this week and take another look at it, hopefully I'll find the code and figure it out.

I saw the GNZ that guy is selling, but I am lookng for a EYP. I am going to hold out hope that the local one is the transmission I need. If not, I'll be patroling the classifieds for anything.

Also, and this is a hypothetical, could a transmission from a TDI swap into a 1.8T? I know the gearing ratios would be all crazy, but I was curious if it's possible. I'm not doing it, I was just imagining a Frankenstein type of VW.

Thanks again

Vehicles
      85 Jetta TD sold 2001 Jetta Tdi, 2000 Jetta Tdi
      11-18-2008 08:15 AM #4
      The guy from the links said the dealer told him it would work with changing the TCM. I wouldn't try it unless it was free to try.
      Auto trans fluid change or flush will not make a trans fail. Stop spreading the wives tale/urban myth.
      ASE Master Certified Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Rating Recently passed ASE certification for Light Diesel repair.
      www.KansasCityTdi.com