Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 198 of 277 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248 ... LastLast
    Results 6,896 to 6,930 of 9666

    Thread: Ft. Hood, TX and Killeen, TX?

    1. Member Twiztid_Tom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 24th, 2008
      Location
      Sea-Tac, WA
      Posts
      1,975
      Vehicles
      2014 Camaro SS, 1985 golf
      06-20-2012 02:29 PM #6896
      its hard to explain how the DH is worth the drive to Austin, that place is just awesomeness!
      my car breaks the plane in the front leaning rest, does yours?
      AutoSport Imports
      (206) 878-5230
      19611 international blvd
      SeaTac, WA 98188

    2. Junior Member dubdrewmk4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 11th, 2012
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      78
      Vehicles
      mk4 GLI
      06-22-2012 01:14 PM #6897
      Sorry I couldn't come out yesterday :/

    3. Member kuma85's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Killeen/Ft.Hood
      Posts
      4,685
      Vehicles
      90 Audi CQ 20v 5 BANGER
      06-22-2012 02:48 PM #6898
      Quote Originally Posted by death 4kqt
      Quote Originally Posted by zturnidge
      i do know the coupe gt is fwd but they are still cool cars and i would love to have one.
      i fwd audi is like a super hot mermaid.....it might look sweet, but what can you really do with it?
      Quote Originally Posted by 97 GTI 10990 View Post
      .....i dont understand why everyone is so hostile on here
      Quote Originally Posted by Live Fast View Post
      Welcome to Vwvortex.com... our motto is F**K you...better get used to it

    4. Member joecastro420's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2007
      Location
      Frederick MD
      Posts
      1,571
      Vehicles
      Bagged TDi
      06-22-2012 05:35 PM #6899
      Quote Originally Posted by kuma85 View Post
      so what's with this change you're trying to do?? IMO you should keep it as an all euro GTG and all other makes and models are welcome to chill. With the growing amount of VWs and Audis I'm seeing on post. It would suck to see the mature Thursday night GTGs we have turn to a immature Friday GTG crowd! I mean theres already one of those out there. Why change something that's good. I'm sure if people continue to spread the word to the other cars around post, the Thursday GTGs would be way better. To a point you wouldn't want to change it!
      4N OBJTS Since ever Since
      Bagged & Blown Daily (Sold, but not forgotten)
      jasonmarbledesign.com
      Open Road Tuning
      Stalk me on IG: @joe_castro_

    5. Member shovelhead84's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 26th, 2010
      Location
      Killeen, Texas
      Posts
      1,329
      Vehicles
      Euro or bust!
      06-22-2012 10:15 PM #6900
      Quote Originally Posted by joecastro420 View Post
      so what's with this change you're trying to do?? IMO you should keep it as an all euro GTG and all other makes and models are welcome to chill. With the growing amount of VWs and Audis I'm seeing on post. It would suck to see the mature Thursday night GTGs we have turn to a immature Friday GTG crowd! I mean theres already one of those out there. Why change something that's good. I'm sure if people continue to spread the word to the other cars around post, the Thursday GTGs would be way better. To a point you wouldn't want to change it!
      I respectfully +1 to this, but is something changing? I don't have facebook....

      On another note...

      There is a new member in the family! Just picked up our new ride today.



      More to come tomorrow.
      And YES, I still have the bug.
      PAST: 1970 Beetle | 1986 Golf 2.0 | 1998 318ic | 2002 Jetta VR6 | 2003 GTI VR6 | 2008 R32 | 2013 Passat SEL TDI |
      PRESENT: 1996 Jetta 2.0 | 2013 Golf TDI | 2014 Beetle R-Line
      MK5 Door Module DIY | Trailer Home Link DIY |

    6. Member beachball6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 21st, 2003
      Location
      Nolanville, TX
      Posts
      10,803
      Vehicles
      04 R, 05 Silverado, 08 D675, 06 GSXR600(track bike)
      06-22-2012 10:52 PM #6901
      I know what it is. Been around way too long
      Converted BMW Fan boi 98.5 Dakar ///M3 Dinan stg3
      I hate Volkswagens.
      .:Racing is easy just remember Fast in slow out....or was it the other way around.
      Turn signals are your friends, and exist for a reason

    7. Member shovelhead84's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 26th, 2010
      Location
      Killeen, Texas
      Posts
      1,329
      Vehicles
      Euro or bust!
      06-23-2012 12:42 AM #6902
      Quote Originally Posted by beachball6 View Post
      I know what it is. Been around way too long
      It's for my son and it fits our needs. He is excited and really looking forward to driving it. I expect good things...
      PAST: 1970 Beetle | 1986 Golf 2.0 | 1998 318ic | 2002 Jetta VR6 | 2003 GTI VR6 | 2008 R32 | 2013 Passat SEL TDI |
      PRESENT: 1996 Jetta 2.0 | 2013 Golf TDI | 2014 Beetle R-Line
      MK5 Door Module DIY | Trailer Home Link DIY |

    8. Member beachball6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 21st, 2003
      Location
      Nolanville, TX
      Posts
      10,803
      Vehicles
      04 R, 05 Silverado, 08 D675, 06 GSXR600(track bike)
      06-23-2012 01:27 AM #6903
      They will run forever and then some. Just don waste money on power. I also assume its an auto
      Converted BMW Fan boi 98.5 Dakar ///M3 Dinan stg3
      I hate Volkswagens.
      .:Racing is easy just remember Fast in slow out....or was it the other way around.
      Turn signals are your friends, and exist for a reason

    9. Member joecastro420's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2007
      Location
      Frederick MD
      Posts
      1,571
      Vehicles
      Bagged TDi
      06-23-2012 08:23 AM #6904
      Congratz on the purchase, Chance! I'm sure your son will have a blast driving and modding it. Now sell that beetle and buy my Passat!
      4N OBJTS Since ever Since
      Bagged & Blown Daily (Sold, but not forgotten)
      jasonmarbledesign.com
      Open Road Tuning
      Stalk me on IG: @joe_castro_

    10. Member R32OG's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 5th, 2012
      Location
      Centx
      Posts
      193
      Vehicles
      08 VW R32 #2102
      06-23-2012 10:46 AM #6905
      nice to see him with a sweet ride, can't wait to see how it turns out!
      I Used To Be Impressed, Now I'm Just Impressive.:R
      http://www.facebook.com/wdeuro

    11. Member kuma85's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Killeen/Ft.Hood
      Posts
      4,685
      Vehicles
      90 Audi CQ 20v 5 BANGER
      06-23-2012 11:05 AM #6906
      Quote Originally Posted by R32OG View Post
      nice to see him with a sweet ride, can't wait to see how it turns out!
      s this new Wicked Dubs Car Club? when are you planning on meeting and where?
      Quote Originally Posted by death 4kqt
      Quote Originally Posted by zturnidge
      i do know the coupe gt is fwd but they are still cool cars and i would love to have one.
      i fwd audi is like a super hot mermaid.....it might look sweet, but what can you really do with it?
      Quote Originally Posted by 97 GTI 10990 View Post
      .....i dont understand why everyone is so hostile on here
      Quote Originally Posted by Live Fast View Post
      Welcome to Vwvortex.com... our motto is F**K you...better get used to it

    12. Member kuma85's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Killeen/Ft.Hood
      Posts
      4,685
      Vehicles
      90 Audi CQ 20v 5 BANGER
      06-23-2012 11:07 AM #6907
      Quote Originally Posted by kuma85 View Post
      s this new Wicked Dubs Car Club? when are you planning on meeting and where?
      NVM, i just realized who they were. Nice, only 3 likes. I added another to help out.
      Quote Originally Posted by death 4kqt
      Quote Originally Posted by zturnidge
      i do know the coupe gt is fwd but they are still cool cars and i would love to have one.
      i fwd audi is like a super hot mermaid.....it might look sweet, but what can you really do with it?
      Quote Originally Posted by 97 GTI 10990 View Post
      .....i dont understand why everyone is so hostile on here
      Quote Originally Posted by Live Fast View Post
      Welcome to Vwvortex.com... our motto is F**K you...better get used to it

    13. Member kuma85's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Killeen/Ft.Hood
      Posts
      4,685
      Vehicles
      90 Audi CQ 20v 5 BANGER
      06-23-2012 11:10 AM #6908
      Quote Originally Posted by shovelhead84 View Post
      I respectfully +1 to this, but is something changing? I don't have facebook....

      On another note...

      There is a new member in the family! Just picked up our new ride today.



      More to come tomorrow.
      And YES, I still have the bug.

      no nothing is changing, just getting feedback. nice Mk3! after i get Tom's old mk2 up and running, we will almost have every generation of jetta out there. We just need a mk1.

      mk1-?
      mk2-Kuma
      Mk3- Chances Kiddo
      mk4-charlie/drew/tim
      mk5-cant rememeber the guys name
      mk6-jordan mason-air ride jetta
      Quote Originally Posted by death 4kqt
      Quote Originally Posted by zturnidge
      i do know the coupe gt is fwd but they are still cool cars and i would love to have one.
      i fwd audi is like a super hot mermaid.....it might look sweet, but what can you really do with it?
      Quote Originally Posted by 97 GTI 10990 View Post
      .....i dont understand why everyone is so hostile on here
      Quote Originally Posted by Live Fast View Post
      Welcome to Vwvortex.com... our motto is F**K you...better get used to it

    14. Member shovelhead84's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 26th, 2010
      Location
      Killeen, Texas
      Posts
      1,329
      Vehicles
      Euro or bust!
      06-23-2012 12:00 PM #6909
      Quote Originally Posted by beachball6 View Post
      They will run forever and then some. Just don waste money on power. I also assume its an auto
      It is a 5spd. I was rather adamant that his first car be a manual. It will keep him focused.

      Most anything for the engine will be for maintenance purposes. I will upgrade some parts that need to be replaced, such as exhaust, suspension and other such items. However, I would not expect much to be "modified".

      We have already agreed, Low & Slow...



      Quote Originally Posted by joecastro420 View Post
      Congratz on the purchase, Chance! I'm sure your son will have a blast driving and modding it. Now sell that beetle and buy my Passat!
      Sorry, after that purchase the passat is no longer an option. I am still looking to sell the bug though.

      Quote Originally Posted by R32OG View Post
      nice to see him with a sweet ride, can't wait to see how it turns out!
      He has really been getting a new appreciation for cars in the past few months. He was really looking forward to scoring a wagon, but this is still awesome to him. He is loving it and I expect good things with a little assistance.


      sooo,
      '96 Jetta GL
      138k on the odometer
      Appears all stock except for the head unit.
      AC and Heat works great.
      Power roof is missing lining, but still works with the power button and seals well.
      It spent almost 12 years with the previous owner. Drove smooth from Austin to the house. Exhaust has deteriorated internally to the point it is an empty fart can, but still complete (will be one of the first purchases). Has a dent in the rear passenger door, but I am hoping it is fixable with paintless repair.




      PAST: 1970 Beetle | 1986 Golf 2.0 | 1998 318ic | 2002 Jetta VR6 | 2003 GTI VR6 | 2008 R32 | 2013 Passat SEL TDI |
      PRESENT: 1996 Jetta 2.0 | 2013 Golf TDI | 2014 Beetle R-Line
      MK5 Door Module DIY | Trailer Home Link DIY |

    15. Member kuma85's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Killeen/Ft.Hood
      Posts
      4,685
      Vehicles
      90 Audi CQ 20v 5 BANGER
      06-23-2012 12:03 PM #6910
      gotta love Orlando wheels. ill trade you my tear drops.
      Quote Originally Posted by death 4kqt
      Quote Originally Posted by zturnidge
      i do know the coupe gt is fwd but they are still cool cars and i would love to have one.
      i fwd audi is like a super hot mermaid.....it might look sweet, but what can you really do with it?
      Quote Originally Posted by 97 GTI 10990 View Post
      .....i dont understand why everyone is so hostile on here
      Quote Originally Posted by Live Fast View Post
      Welcome to Vwvortex.com... our motto is F**K you...better get used to it

    16. Junior Member dubdrewmk4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 11th, 2012
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      78
      Vehicles
      mk4 GLI
      06-23-2012 12:22 PM #6911
      what years the beetle? my wifes friend is looking for one!

    17. Junior Member dubdrewmk4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 11th, 2012
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      78
      Vehicles
      mk4 GLI
      06-23-2012 12:23 PM #6912
      Quote Originally Posted by kuma85 View Post
      i joined it yesterday (:

    18. Member shovelhead84's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 26th, 2010
      Location
      Killeen, Texas
      Posts
      1,329
      Vehicles
      Euro or bust!
      06-23-2012 12:55 PM #6913
      Quote Originally Posted by dubdrewmk4 View Post
      what years the beetle? my wifes friend is looking for one!
      1970. Feel free to make an offer. Here is the post:
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...1970-Bug.-5000
      PAST: 1970 Beetle | 1986 Golf 2.0 | 1998 318ic | 2002 Jetta VR6 | 2003 GTI VR6 | 2008 R32 | 2013 Passat SEL TDI |
      PRESENT: 1996 Jetta 2.0 | 2013 Golf TDI | 2014 Beetle R-Line
      MK5 Door Module DIY | Trailer Home Link DIY |

    19. Member awd4416's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 3rd, 2012
      Location
      Bridgeport, CT
      Posts
      156
      Vehicles
      MK5 UG R32
      06-23-2012 01:54 PM #6914
      Ride looks awesome, is that G6 Silver?

      Also take some video of your kid's first driving lesson, I'm sure it will be a Kodak moment.
      Last edited by awd4416; 06-23-2012 at 02:00 PM.
      AWD the way its meant to be
      VAG-Com/Micro-Can Owner

    20. Member shovelhead84's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 26th, 2010
      Location
      Killeen, Texas
      Posts
      1,329
      Vehicles
      Euro or bust!
      06-23-2012 04:15 PM #6915
      Quote Originally Posted by kuma85 View Post
      gotta love Orlando wheels. ill trade you my tear drops.
      I will keep it in mind. At the least, i'll offer them to you if/when we get something else.

      Quote Originally Posted by awd4416 View Post
      Ride looks awesome, is that G6 Silver?
      No. It's Silver Pearl Metallic. That is a much faster color than G6 Grey.
      PAST: 1970 Beetle | 1986 Golf 2.0 | 1998 318ic | 2002 Jetta VR6 | 2003 GTI VR6 | 2008 R32 | 2013 Passat SEL TDI |
      PRESENT: 1996 Jetta 2.0 | 2013 Golf TDI | 2014 Beetle R-Line
      MK5 Door Module DIY | Trailer Home Link DIY |

    21. Member TheMadHacker's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 23rd, 2011
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      146
      Vehicles
      89 Cabby, 00 Jetta VR6, 99.5 Jetta 2.slow, 03 Beetle Turbo S, 96 BMW 740IL, 94 BMW 530I, 00 BMW 528I
      06-23-2012 08:58 PM #6916
      Chance if you have any upper end issues with the engine I do have those items. Throttle body, speedo cable, intake, etc. Also if you were referring to a missing headliner, I can help. I have replaced a few in my day.
      Quote Originally Posted by awd4416 View Post
      Dude put some PB Blaster on it, it's like KY for cars, don't be stingy get it all over
      Quote Originally Posted by Chuckler3 View Post
      Oh.. I'll be there. Ready and willing to plug my thing into whatever is around.
      http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/.../Madhacker.jpg

    22. Member R32OG's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 5th, 2012
      Location
      Centx
      Posts
      193
      Vehicles
      08 VW R32 #2102
      06-23-2012 09:09 PM #6917
      Quote Originally Posted by kuma85 View Post
      s this new Wicked Dubs Car Club? when are you planning on meeting and where?
      wicked dubz is a car club that myself(john) and a few other buddies just started, we are strictly euro and pretty much just a group of guys around the FH, killeen area who are all around vw, audi enthusiast. we came to the the cents meet about 2 weeks ago, i told mike about and let em know. But anyways we show to the friday night meets, participate in auto x events and the drag strip too, and are trying to nail any and every show in the surrounding areas.
      I Used To Be Impressed, Now I'm Just Impressive.:R
      http://www.facebook.com/wdeuro

    23. Member kuma85's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Killeen/Ft.Hood
      Posts
      4,685
      Vehicles
      90 Audi CQ 20v 5 BANGER
      06-23-2012 10:16 PM #6918
      Quote Originally Posted by R32OG View Post
      wicked dubz is a car club that myself(john) and a few other buddies just started, we are strictly euro and pretty much just a group of guys around the FH, killeen area who are all around vw, audi enthusiast. we came to the the cents meet about 2 weeks ago, i told mike about and let em know. But anyways we show to the friday night meets, participate in auto x events and the drag strip too, and are trying to nail any and every show in the surrounding areas.
      So basicly, you got with the guys at the track that were running their GTI and joined them with your R32 to become WICKED!? Thats cool...

      that makes two of you who now have decided to create their own car meets... at Friday night GTGs...

      when will you guys learn... Fridays are stupid. choose a different night.

      Quote Originally Posted by death 4kqt
      Quote Originally Posted by zturnidge
      i do know the coupe gt is fwd but they are still cool cars and i would love to have one.
      i fwd audi is like a super hot mermaid.....it might look sweet, but what can you really do with it?
      Quote Originally Posted by 97 GTI 10990 View Post
      .....i dont understand why everyone is so hostile on here
      Quote Originally Posted by Live Fast View Post
      Welcome to Vwvortex.com... our motto is F**K you...better get used to it

    24. Member R32OG's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 5th, 2012
      Location
      Centx
      Posts
      193
      Vehicles
      08 VW R32 #2102
      06-23-2012 10:31 PM #6919
      Quote Originally Posted by kuma85 View Post
      So basicly, you got with the guys at the track that were running their GTI and joined them with your R32 to become WICKED!? Thats cool...

      that makes two of you who now have decided to create their own car meets... at Friday night GTGs...

      when will you guys learn... Fridays are stupid. choose a different night.

      well I've been with them, thus why we drove up together but, with the possibility of centx going to to extend the group to something beyond euro i don't see why i couldn't venture off to try something different, its not like I'm just leaving centx dubs behind i just want to do a little more then meeting on thurs nights and the occasional meet elsewhere. An honestly meeting with the guys on friday is not a bad idea, i feel like we shouldn't just limit ourselves to our own secluded meet, we gotta network, idk about you guys but i want more. plus don't let a few bad eggs ruin the meet there are some really good guys up there who nothing about centx at all and I've told em about and brought them out to the thursday gtg. But it took for me to go on friday to even tell them about the centx gtg; and to second the comment on the two of us who have tried to start our own thing, i was apart of wayne's trying to venture out as well because like i stated before we just want a little more. my $0.02. you may or may not agree but someones gotta bridge the gap, we actually had a really good turn out, two weeks ago when we showed up to the thursday night meet we brought a good 10-12 cars.
      I Used To Be Impressed, Now I'm Just Impressive.:R
      http://www.facebook.com/wdeuro

    25. Member kuma85's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Killeen/Ft.Hood
      Posts
      4,685
      Vehicles
      90 Audi CQ 20v 5 BANGER
      06-23-2012 10:39 PM #6920
      Quote Originally Posted by R32OG View Post
      well I've been with them, thus why we drove up together but, with the possibility of centx going to to extend the group to something beyond euro i don't see why i couldn't venture off to try something different, its not like I'm just leaving centx dubs behind i just want to do a little more then meeting on thurs nights and the occasional meet elsewhere. An honestly meeting with the guys on friday is not a bad idea, i feel like we shouldn't just limit ourselves to our own secluded meet, we gotta network, idk about you guys but i want more. plus don't let a few bad eggs ruin the meet there are some really good guys up there who nothing about centx at all and I've told em about and brought them out to the thursday gtg. But it took for me to go on friday to even tell them about the centx gtg; and to second the comment on the two of us who have tried to start our own thing, i was apart of wayne's trying to venture out as well because like i stated before we just want a little more. my $0.02. you may or may not agree but someones gotta bridge the gap, we actually had a really good turn out, two weeks ago when we showed up to the thursday night meet we brought a good 10-12 cars.

      i dunno if you were around when we lost our spot at HH. That was because of irresponsible adults. I dont care who leaves and makes new groups, i was busting your balls. I honestly like our thursday night meets merely for the fact that everyone there is mostly family. i remember when i first showed up and i was welcomed with warm greetings and great conversation. Now i hear bickering and complaining about what goes down, who we do and dont like and a bunch of **** talking. Not the **** talking we do to mess with eachother, but the **** talking that causes RAGE. its ****ing stupid. I dont promote Friday nights, ive been in the area long enough to know that it may be good for a little while, but someone will do something really stupid and **** it up for everyone else, ie. Harker Heights. The Imports night idea was to make another group for another night, not to interfere with the Thrusday night we already have.

      Do what you do.
      Quote Originally Posted by death 4kqt
      Quote Originally Posted by zturnidge
      i do know the coupe gt is fwd but they are still cool cars and i would love to have one.
      i fwd audi is like a super hot mermaid.....it might look sweet, but what can you really do with it?
      Quote Originally Posted by 97 GTI 10990 View Post
      .....i dont understand why everyone is so hostile on here
      Quote Originally Posted by Live Fast View Post
      Welcome to Vwvortex.com... our motto is F**K you...better get used to it

    26. Member shovelhead84's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 26th, 2010
      Location
      Killeen, Texas
      Posts
      1,329
      Vehicles
      Euro or bust!
      06-24-2012 01:02 AM #6921
      Quote Originally Posted by TheMadHacker View Post
      Chance if you have any upper end issues with the engine I do have those items. Throttle body, speedo cable, intake, etc. Also if you were referring to a missing headliner, I can help. I have replaced a few in my day.
      Thanks man, I appreciate it. The headliner is good. I think I might just recolor it. The shield for the sunroof, however does not have a liner anymore. I am not really worried about that though. It leaves a spot for my son to sticker bomb and get dirty without ruining any other part of the car.

      I think the engine is in good condition, but I am new to 2.slows. I don't think I need any parts at the moment, but we can discuss further in person. I may see about getting them from you to customize for future application. We will talk Thursday (if you make it, I know ya been busy).

      Quote Originally Posted by kuma85 View Post
      i dunno if you were around when we lost our spot at HH. That was because of irresponsible adults. I dont care who leaves and makes new groups, i was busting your balls. I honestly like our thursday night meets merely for the fact that everyone there is mostly family.

      Do what you do.
      +1 to this $H1T

      My understanding is that Thursday night was created specifically to get away from the Friday shenanigans. It is intended to be a safe, enjoyable and welcoming gathering. I like that I can bring my family and feel comfortable that it is a positive environment and they can all be involved. My son is stoked to get his license this year just to drive his slow a$$ Jetta to Rosa's and share with the group.

      There is a comfort in knowing that I can show a group of people our (new) 16 y/o sedan that is slow as dirt with fading paint and get a thumbs up. To know there are others who appreciate my appreciation for something so insignificant is awesome.

      Most other groups in the area can't provide that. They are too busy disputing who has the loudest blow-off valve or how hard their v-tech kicks in.


      ON ANOTHER NOTE:

      I snagged those BBS CVs from Kieth this evening. I am going to refinish them and stick'm on the Jetta. It was a deal I couldn't pass up. Since I got those, the Orlandos will eventually become available. I don't expect you (yoda) to be on the road anytime soon, so I am sure you can wait to get ahold of them.

      Now I just need some coils!
      I'm going to lower the Jetta before my R, if for no other reason to incite violence amongst the locals...
      PAST: 1970 Beetle | 1986 Golf 2.0 | 1998 318ic | 2002 Jetta VR6 | 2003 GTI VR6 | 2008 R32 | 2013 Passat SEL TDI |
      PRESENT: 1996 Jetta 2.0 | 2013 Golf TDI | 2014 Beetle R-Line
      MK5 Door Module DIY | Trailer Home Link DIY |

    27. Member joecastro420's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2007
      Location
      Frederick MD
      Posts
      1,571
      Vehicles
      Bagged TDi
      06-24-2012 09:29 AM #6922
      Chance, I'm pretty stoked for your family bro! Cars and garage time make the coolest bonding experience. I can't wait for my daughters to start driving too. My oldest (3yrs old) is already my garage helper in training. She knows how to hold the light, reach for screws that fall into small gaps, and know when daddy needs a cold LOL

      As for the discussion about different GTGs... I've seen this place fluctuate from good to bad and back to good. People are always gonna want to start something new, that's what makes people stand out. Am I right? If you want to get out there and start a lil club/team or what ever you want to call it, go ahead and do it. Just make sure you guys do it well, and don't forget to have good morals or values to stand by. Also if you want to expand your group, you gotta have something that people want. If you guys want to go to shows and win. You gotta do something (shows/GTGs) outside of Killeen. That will make you guys stand out and will make people look at you in a positive way. That's just my honest opinion.
      I mean I've won 1st place in All Euro car shows in Houston, Dallas, and Austin... but what do I know right?! LOL
      4N OBJTS Since ever Since
      Bagged & Blown Daily (Sold, but not forgotten)
      jasonmarbledesign.com
      Open Road Tuning
      Stalk me on IG: @joe_castro_

    28. Member shovelhead84's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 26th, 2010
      Location
      Killeen, Texas
      Posts
      1,329
      Vehicles
      Euro or bust!
      06-24-2012 11:14 AM #6923
      Quote Originally Posted by joecastro420 View Post
      Chance, I'm pretty stoked for your family bro! Cars and garage time make the coolest bonding experience.

      As for the discussion about different GTGs... I've seen this place fluctuate from good to bad and back to good. People are always gonna want to start something new, that's what makes people stand out. Am I right?
      Thanks, Joe. I am looking forward to seeing James really get involved in this project. He is excited and wants hands on asap. We will be going over the car and making a parts list tonight.


      On the OTHER note:
      It is good to have variety and selection. We don't all show for the same reasons or have the same expectations on Thursday. It is nice that there are enough people in the area proudly driving euros that we can have multiple groups. I would just hate to see the idea of Thursday nights get lost.

      This all goes back to what was attempted with CenTexDubs.com. I hoped it would be an information resource and hub for providing information to a variety of groups in the area. Not a car club per say, but a core group that just enjoys and develops the community as best they can by supporting the central Texas area and connecting the different organizations. Unfortunately, most people didn't really want to volunteer their time or money for such an endeavor without personal gain.
      PAST: 1970 Beetle | 1986 Golf 2.0 | 1998 318ic | 2002 Jetta VR6 | 2003 GTI VR6 | 2008 R32 | 2013 Passat SEL TDI |
      PRESENT: 1996 Jetta 2.0 | 2013 Golf TDI | 2014 Beetle R-Line
      MK5 Door Module DIY | Trailer Home Link DIY |

    29. Member R32OG's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 5th, 2012
      Location
      Centx
      Posts
      193
      Vehicles
      08 VW R32 #2102
      06-24-2012 11:16 AM #6924
      Quote Originally Posted by shovelhead84 View Post
      Thanks man, I appreciate it. The headliner is good. I think I might just recolor it. The shield for the sunroof, however does not have a liner anymore. I am not really worried about that though. It leaves a spot for my son to sticker bomb and get dirty without ruining any other part of the car.

      I think the engine is in good condition, but I am new to 2.slows. I don't think I need any parts at the moment, but we can discuss further in person. I may see about getting them from you to customize for future application. We will talk Thursday (if you make it, I know ya been busy).



      +1 to this $H1T

      My understanding is that Thursday night was created specifically to get away from the Friday shenanigans. It is intended to be a safe, enjoyable and welcoming gathering. I like that I can bring my family and feel comfortable that it is a positive environment and they can all be involved. My son is stoked to get his license this year just to drive his slow a$$ Jetta to Rosa's and share with the group.

      There is a comfort in knowing that I can show a group of people our (new) 16 y/o sedan that is slow as dirt with fading paint and get a thumbs up. To know there are others who appreciate my appreciation for something so insignificant is awesome.

      Most other groups in the area can't provide that. They are too busy disputing who has the loudest blow-off valve or how hard their v-tech kicks in.


      ON ANOTHER NOTE:

      I snagged those BBS CVs from Kieth this evening. I am going to refinish them and stick'm on the Jetta. It was a deal I couldn't pass up. Since I got those, the Orlandos will eventually become available. I don't expect you (yoda) to be on the road anytime soon, so I am sure you can wait to get ahold of them.

      Now I just need some coils!
      I'm going to lower the Jetta before my R, if for no other reason to incite violence amongst the locals...
      nice I'm glad he's happy with it, the cars gonna be sweet, and i understand where everyone is coming from, but i know there are people out there who are just as into their vw as i am, so idk maybe it was my bad to take the gamble but i think it could be worth it.
      I Used To Be Impressed, Now I'm Just Impressive.:R
      http://www.facebook.com/wdeuro

    30. Member R32OG's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 5th, 2012
      Location
      Centx
      Posts
      193
      Vehicles
      08 VW R32 #2102
      06-24-2012 02:29 PM #6925
      Quote Originally Posted by joecastro420 View Post
      Chance, I'm pretty stoked for your family bro! Cars and garage time make the coolest bonding experience. I can't wait for my daughters to start driving too. My oldest (3yrs old) is already my garage helper in training. She knows how to hold the light, reach for screws that fall into small gaps, and know when daddy needs a cold LOL

      As for the discussion about different GTGs... I've seen this place fluctuate from good to bad and back to good. People are always gonna want to start something new, that's what makes people stand out. Am I right? If you want to get out there and start a lil club/team or what ever you want to call it, go ahead and do it. Just make sure you guys do it well, and don't forget to have good morals or values to stand by. Also if you want to expand your group, you gotta have something that people want. If you guys want to go to shows and win. You gotta do something (shows/GTGs) outside of Killeen. That will make you guys stand out and will make people look at you in a positive way. That's just my honest opinion.
      I mean I've won 1st place in All Euro car shows in Houston, Dallas, and Austin... but what do I know right?! LOL
      I Used To Be Impressed, Now I'm Just Impressive.:R
      http://www.facebook.com/wdeuro

    31. Junior Member dubdrewmk4's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 11th, 2012
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      78
      Vehicles
      mk4 GLI
      06-24-2012 04:31 PM #6926
      Hey, if anyone here has any mk4 parts, let me know!
      or if they know anyone who could help me

      thanks!

    32. Member awd4416's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 3rd, 2012
      Location
      Bridgeport, CT
      Posts
      156
      Vehicles
      MK5 UG R32
      06-24-2012 09:38 PM #6927
      Google+ is hard

      Last edited by awd4416; 06-24-2012 at 09:40 PM.
      AWD the way its meant to be
      VAG-Com/Micro-Can Owner

    33. Member TheMadHacker's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 23rd, 2011
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      146
      Vehicles
      89 Cabby, 00 Jetta VR6, 99.5 Jetta 2.slow, 03 Beetle Turbo S, 96 BMW 740IL, 94 BMW 530I, 00 BMW 528I
      06-25-2012 04:44 AM #6928
      Quote Originally Posted by dubdrewmk4 View Post
      Hey, if anyone here has any mk4 parts, let me know!
      or if they know anyone who could help me

      thanks!
      I'm good with the MK4 repairs. Very busy lately but I would be happy to lend some advice if you need it.
      Quote Originally Posted by awd4416 View Post
      Dude put some PB Blaster on it, it's like KY for cars, don't be stingy get it all over
      Quote Originally Posted by Chuckler3 View Post
      Oh.. I'll be there. Ready and willing to plug my thing into whatever is around.
      http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/.../Madhacker.jpg

    34. Member R32OG's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 5th, 2012
      Location
      Centx
      Posts
      193
      Vehicles
      08 VW R32 #2102
      06-25-2012 05:50 PM #6929
      so this should be an I told ya so moment for Chance but, its hot a balls out here and I'm really concerned with cooling issues with the .:R. its sputters from being so hot out and its not like i can shelter it all day while I'm at work so any suggestions? I'm considering getting that Mishimoto Radiatior for it and maybe even a DSG cooler but somethings gotta give and i have a hunch it won't be the sun lol
      I Used To Be Impressed, Now I'm Just Impressive.:R
      http://www.facebook.com/wdeuro

    35. Member beachball6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 21st, 2003
      Location
      Nolanville, TX
      Posts
      10,803
      Vehicles
      04 R, 05 Silverado, 08 D675, 06 GSXR600(track bike)
      06-25-2012 05:56 PM #6930
      I'd scan it. Sounds transmission related.
      Converted BMW Fan boi 98.5 Dakar ///M3 Dinan stg3
      I hate Volkswagens.
      .:Racing is easy just remember Fast in slow out....or was it the other way around.
      Turn signals are your friends, and exist for a reason

    Page 198 of 277 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •