Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 300 of 389 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350 ... LastLast
    Results 7,476 to 7,500 of 9719

    Thread: Ft. Hood, TX and Killeen, TX?

    1. Member shovelhead84's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 26th, 2010
      Location
      Killeen, Texas
      Posts
      1,335
      Vehicles
      Euro or bust!
      10-07-2012 08:03 AM #7476
      Good to hear from you guys. The TDI is no speed demon, but the other benefits still bring out some love. My wife is rocking a Passat TDI now and she is loving it.

      I bounced a few messages back an forth with Tom after he landed up there, but I haven't heard from him in about two months, either.

      Washinton is awesome. I loved that place.
      PAST: 1970 Beetle | 1986 Golf 2.0 | 1998 318ic | 2002 Jetta VR6 | 2003 GTI VR6 | 2008 R32 | 2013 Passat SEL TDI |
      PRESENT: 1996 Jetta 2.0 | 2013 Golf TDI | 2014 Beetle R-Line
      MK5 Door Module DIY | Discount Garage Opener DIY |

    2. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 10th, 2011
      Location
      Killeen, TX
      Posts
      314
      Vehicles
      2004 Jetta TDI Alaska Green, 2005 Jetta Wagon TDI 5-speed
      10-07-2012 01:24 PM #7477
      Quote Originally Posted by shovelhead84 View Post
      As a table, our food experience was poor, and pricey doesn't describe it.

      Me & wife split: burger, fries & shake
      Son: plain french fries, shake
      Bill - $26.00. Seriously?

      French fries were burnt and I had to track down someone in order to pay the bill.

      Two reasons I probably won't be back: Billy bob's & Black Megs

      Regardless, I will be there to support the car show.
      yeah. this thursday I'm bringing an egg and having them build me a 1 pound burger w/ egg so that my picture can be up on the wall, but I probably won't be going back there.. The burger was good, but the service was lacking as you said and those fries were horrible. They actually sell a milk shake with pieces of candy that clog up the straw so that you can't drink it.

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 1st, 2012
      Location
      copperas cove
      Posts
      196
      Vehicles
      1999/vw/beetle ..... "white one"
      10-07-2012 02:02 PM #7478
      Question.

      my key fob had dead batteries and i put new ones in it, it is not working with my car now. do i need to get some reprogramming or what do i do to fix it??????

    4. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 1st, 2012
      Location
      copperas cove
      Posts
      196
      Vehicles
      1999/vw/beetle ..... "white one"
      10-07-2012 03:08 PM #7479
      ok so key fob..... only works when its in the trunk lock ??????? i dont understand whats the deal with it but as long as its in the truck lock the buttons lock and unlock the doors and work the alarm.

      can anyone explain this or help me fix it the right way with out paying automax $100

    5. Member TheMadHacker's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 23rd, 2011
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      146
      Vehicles
      89 Cabby, 00 Jetta VR6, 99.5 Jetta 2.slow, 03 Beetle Turbo S, 96 BMW 740IL, 94 BMW 530I, 00 BMW 528I
      10-07-2012 04:21 PM #7480
      Quote Originally Posted by jacob.99.beetle View Post
      ok so key fob..... only works when its in the trunk lock ??????? i dont understand whats the deal with it but as long as its in the truck lock the buttons lock and unlock the doors and work the alarm.

      can anyone explain this or help me fix it the right way with out paying automax $100
      I'm pretty sure the reprogramming instructions are out there on google. I replaced my key system with a remote start that had it's own fob and tied it into the alarm. But I normally do something different.

      Chance, I agree that Cheeburger Cheeburger was horrible. I do not want to return, even this Thursday.
      Quote Originally Posted by awd4416 View Post
      Dude put some PB Blaster on it, it's like KY for cars, don't be stingy get it all over
      Quote Originally Posted by Chuckler3 View Post
      Oh.. I'll be there. Ready and willing to plug my thing into whatever is around.
      http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/.../Madhacker.jpg

    6. Member beachball6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 21st, 2003
      Location
      Nolanville, TX
      Posts
      10,805
      Vehicles
      04 R, 05 Silverado, 08 D675, 06 GSXR600(track bike)
      10-07-2012 05:34 PM #7481
      Programming a key fob for most german cars

      Place key in driver door/pass side if no key hole.
      Turn and hold to lock position.
      Press lock on key fob multiple times which should lock the car and set the alarm.
      Done.

      If that doesn't work try the same but hold to unlock side.
      Converted BMW Fan boi 98.5 Dakar ///M3 Dinan stg3
      I hate Volkswagens.
      .:Racing is easy just remember Fast in slow out....or was it the other way around.
      Turn signals are your friends, and exist for a reason

    7. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 1st, 2012
      Location
      copperas cove
      Posts
      196
      Vehicles
      1999/vw/beetle ..... "white one"
      10-07-2012 07:33 PM #7482
      Quote Originally Posted by beachball6 View Post
      Programming a key fob for most german cars

      Place key in driver door/pass side if no key hole.
      Turn and hold to lock position.
      Press lock on key fob multiple times which should lock the car and set the alarm.
      Done.

      If that doesn't work try the same but hold to unlock side.

      apparently for a beetle, you put the key in the trunk, press and hold the lock button and wait. but its still a little messed up. the trunk button does not work on the fob. and to lock the drivers door you must press unlock 4 times then lock, or the driver door will not lock. f@*k it, its easy to just lock and unlock it with the key itself.

    8. Member kuma85's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Killeen/Ft.Hood
      Posts
      4,724
      Vehicles
      90 Audi CQ 20v 5 BANGER
      10-07-2012 08:03 PM #7483
      Hey guys I'm not going to make it Thursday. My Uncle passed away and I am driving alone from here to NC. So have fun and let me know how the turn out is. The aircooleds are going to representing as well. Take lots of pics.
      Quote Originally Posted by death 4kqt
      Quote Originally Posted by zturnidge
      i do know the coupe gt is fwd but they are still cool cars and i would love to have one.
      i fwd audi is like a super hot mermaid.....it might look sweet, but what can you really do with it?
      Quote Originally Posted by 97 GTI 10990 View Post
      .....i dont understand why everyone is so hostile on here
      Quote Originally Posted by Live Fast View Post
      Welcome to Vwvortex.com... our motto is F**K you...better get used to it

    9. Member shovelhead84's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 26th, 2010
      Location
      Killeen, Texas
      Posts
      1,335
      Vehicles
      Euro or bust!
      10-07-2012 08:56 PM #7484
      Quote Originally Posted by kuma85 View Post
      Hey guys I'm not going to make it Thursday. My Uncle passed away and I am driving alone from here to NC. So have fun and let me know how the turn out is. The aircooleds are going to representing as well. Take lots of pics.
      Sorry to hear that. Try to stay focused and drive safe. I will be there Thursday.
      PAST: 1970 Beetle | 1986 Golf 2.0 | 1998 318ic | 2002 Jetta VR6 | 2003 GTI VR6 | 2008 R32 | 2013 Passat SEL TDI |
      PRESENT: 1996 Jetta 2.0 | 2013 Golf TDI | 2014 Beetle R-Line
      MK5 Door Module DIY | Discount Garage Opener DIY |

    10. Member kuma85's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Killeen/Ft.Hood
      Posts
      4,724
      Vehicles
      90 Audi CQ 20v 5 BANGER
      10-07-2012 10:33 PM #7485
      Quote Originally Posted by shovelhead84 View Post
      Sorry to hear that. Try to stay focused and drive safe. I will be there Thursday.
      Thanks, ill be calling you guys to help me make it through the day.
      Quote Originally Posted by death 4kqt
      Quote Originally Posted by zturnidge
      i do know the coupe gt is fwd but they are still cool cars and i would love to have one.
      i fwd audi is like a super hot mermaid.....it might look sweet, but what can you really do with it?
      Quote Originally Posted by 97 GTI 10990 View Post
      .....i dont understand why everyone is so hostile on here
      Quote Originally Posted by Live Fast View Post
      Welcome to Vwvortex.com... our motto is F**K you...better get used to it

    11. Member DieselWabbit84's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 23rd, 2012
      Location
      Copperas Cove, TX
      Posts
      268
      Vehicles
      84 Rabbit Diesel
      10-08-2012 09:46 AM #7486
      so do you guys usually meet only on thursdays?

    12. Member kuma85's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Killeen/Ft.Hood
      Posts
      4,724
      Vehicles
      90 Audi CQ 20v 5 BANGER
      10-08-2012 02:05 PM #7487
      Quote Originally Posted by DieselWabbit84 View Post
      so do you guys usually meet only on thursdays?
      Yep, unless there is a track meet. Which we all need to start up again.
      Quote Originally Posted by death 4kqt
      Quote Originally Posted by zturnidge
      i do know the coupe gt is fwd but they are still cool cars and i would love to have one.
      i fwd audi is like a super hot mermaid.....it might look sweet, but what can you really do with it?
      Quote Originally Posted by 97 GTI 10990 View Post
      .....i dont understand why everyone is so hostile on here
      Quote Originally Posted by Live Fast View Post
      Welcome to Vwvortex.com... our motto is F**K you...better get used to it

    13. Member admiralbabar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 12th, 2011
      Location
      central texas =(
      Posts
      752
      Vehicles
      e24,e28,e36, crown Vic (for sale)
      10-08-2012 05:24 PM #7488
      Quote Originally Posted by kuma85 View Post
      Yep, unless there is a track meet. Which we all need to start up again.
      Where are the nearest tracks? Are there road courses?
      ...and those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music...
      Life is short....if you can, you must

    14. Member kuma85's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Killeen/Ft.Hood
      Posts
      4,724
      Vehicles
      90 Audi CQ 20v 5 BANGER
      10-08-2012 05:28 PM #7489
      Quote Originally Posted by admiralbabar View Post
      Where are the nearest tracks? Are there road courses?
      there are a few courses near by, i think that the New Braunfels Track, Harris Hill Track is a short course but lots of fun. SoulSpeed is located nearby? i forgot.


      The temple track is called Little River Dragway, we head there to do drag rips and just hang out. its more of a family time for the guys in the group.

      we roll together, and hang and leave when we want.

      8 bucks to get in with a military id and 10 without, its an additional 10 to race.IIRC.

      im sure there are others around, but im not really too in the know. i never track my car, so im unsure.

      OH

      there is a small auto cross event every month at the whiskey creek parking lot. I heard its lots of fun.


      Quote Originally Posted by death 4kqt
      Quote Originally Posted by zturnidge
      i do know the coupe gt is fwd but they are still cool cars and i would love to have one.
      i fwd audi is like a super hot mermaid.....it might look sweet, but what can you really do with it?
      Quote Originally Posted by 97 GTI 10990 View Post
      .....i dont understand why everyone is so hostile on here
      Quote Originally Posted by Live Fast View Post
      Welcome to Vwvortex.com... our motto is F**K you...better get used to it

    15. Member beachball6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 21st, 2003
      Location
      Nolanville, TX
      Posts
      10,805
      Vehicles
      04 R, 05 Silverado, 08 D675, 06 GSXR600(track bike)
      10-08-2012 06:37 PM #7490
      Apex driving events does most of the track days around here.
      TWS (College station) FAST! bikes do 150 on the back straight.
      MSRC (Cresson)-1.3, 1.7, 3.1 configurations Apex runs regularly there. 1.3 is very technical with a 50ft elevation change, 1.7 is fun cars run CW mostly I've only ran CCW. the 3.1 is the two merged and is a lot of track to cover, mentally taxing.
      MSRH(Houston)- 2.7 I think its a smooth fun course, not sure who runs there.
      ECR (Eagles Canyon) Denton/Decatur, mid speed technical track, lots of elevation change.

      Track days are to be had around here all these tracks are w/in 3hrs. The key is searching local forums and sneaking in with other car groups, EVO, BMW, S2000, PCA, ect.

      G/l
      Shawn
      Converted BMW Fan boi 98.5 Dakar ///M3 Dinan stg3
      I hate Volkswagens.
      .:Racing is easy just remember Fast in slow out....or was it the other way around.
      Turn signals are your friends, and exist for a reason

    16. Member kuma85's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Killeen/Ft.Hood
      Posts
      4,724
      Vehicles
      90 Audi CQ 20v 5 BANGER
      10-08-2012 07:14 PM #7491
      Quote Originally Posted by beachball6 View Post
      Apex driving events does most of the track days around here.
      TWS (College station) FAST! bikes do 150 on the back straight.
      MSRC (Cresson)-1.3, 1.7, 3.1 configurations Apex runs regularly there. 1.3 is very technical with a 50ft elevation change, 1.7 is fun cars run CW mostly I've only ran CCW. the 3.1 is the two merged and is a lot of track to cover, mentally taxing.
      MSRH(Houston)- 2.7 I think its a smooth fun course, not sure who runs there.
      ECR (Eagles Canyon) Denton/Decatur, mid speed technical track, lots of elevation change.

      Track days are to be had around here all these tracks are w/in 3hrs. The key is searching local forums and sneaking in with other car groups, EVO, BMW, S2000, PCA, ect.

      G/l
      Shawn
      ^ see, lots of stuff. I just dont frequent tracks.
      Quote Originally Posted by death 4kqt
      Quote Originally Posted by zturnidge
      i do know the coupe gt is fwd but they are still cool cars and i would love to have one.
      i fwd audi is like a super hot mermaid.....it might look sweet, but what can you really do with it?
      Quote Originally Posted by 97 GTI 10990 View Post
      .....i dont understand why everyone is so hostile on here
      Quote Originally Posted by Live Fast View Post
      Welcome to Vwvortex.com... our motto is F**K you...better get used to it

    17. Member R32OG's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 5th, 2012
      Location
      Centx
      Posts
      193
      Vehicles
      08 VW R32 #2102
      10-08-2012 11:58 PM #7492
      Quote Originally Posted by kuma85 View Post
      there are a few courses near by, i think that the New Braunfels Track, Harris Hill Track is a short course but lots of fun. SoulSpeed is located nearby? i forgot.


      The temple track is called Little River Dragway, we head there to do drag rips and just hang out. its more of a family time for the guys in the group.

      we roll together, and hang and leave when we want.

      8 bucks to get in with a military id and 10 without, its an additional 10 to race.IIRC.

      im sure there are others around, but im not really too in the know. i never track my car, so im unsure.

      OH

      there is a small auto cross event every month at the whiskey creek parking lot. I heard its lots of fun.


      X2 on the autocross I've gone every time and its a lot of fun, you get to see how the car really reacts to all the sudden changes in braking and steering input again lots of fun, even though organization is much to be desired but getting better though.
      I Used To Be Impressed, Now I'm Just Impressive.:R
      http://www.facebook.com/wdeuro

    18. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 1st, 2012
      Location
      copperas cove
      Posts
      196
      Vehicles
      1999/vw/beetle ..... "white one"
      10-09-2012 02:10 PM #7493
      .
      Last edited by jacob.99.beetle; 10-09-2012 at 07:07 PM.

    19. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 15th, 2009
      Location
      killeen, Texas
      Posts
      312
      Vehicles
      12 JSW TDI (mine), 04 Passat TDI (wifes), 04 R32 (sold), 07 GLI ( sold), 1989 GTI 16v (sold),
      10-09-2012 04:54 PM #7494
      I will be out thursday, i guess i will try to get there earlier gonna have to clean the car again.... just in case people dont know


    20. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 10th, 2011
      Location
      Killeen, TX
      Posts
      314
      Vehicles
      2004 Jetta TDI Alaska Green, 2005 Jetta Wagon TDI 5-speed
      10-09-2012 11:20 PM #7495
      [QUOTE=89quickness;79286536]I will be out thursday, i guess i will try to get there earlier gonna have to clean the car again.... just in case people dont know


    21. Member R32OG's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 5th, 2012
      Location
      Centx
      Posts
      193
      Vehicles
      08 VW R32 #2102
      10-10-2012 09:40 PM #7496
      Ordered new EBC red stuff pads and clear side markers should be hear Friday, so no more clowning on me chance for my orange band-aids lol and most importantly no more squeak
      I Used To Be Impressed, Now I'm Just Impressive.:R
      http://www.facebook.com/wdeuro

    22. Member TheMadHacker's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 23rd, 2011
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      146
      Vehicles
      89 Cabby, 00 Jetta VR6, 99.5 Jetta 2.slow, 03 Beetle Turbo S, 96 BMW 740IL, 94 BMW 530I, 00 BMW 528I
      10-10-2012 10:25 PM #7497
      New color:

      Quote Originally Posted by awd4416 View Post
      Dude put some PB Blaster on it, it's like KY for cars, don't be stingy get it all over
      Quote Originally Posted by Chuckler3 View Post
      Oh.. I'll be there. Ready and willing to plug my thing into whatever is around.
      http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/.../Madhacker.jpg

    23. Member admiralbabar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 12th, 2011
      Location
      central texas =(
      Posts
      752
      Vehicles
      e24,e28,e36, crown Vic (for sale)
      10-11-2012 06:10 PM #7498
      Poor e38
      ...and those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music...
      Life is short....if you can, you must

    24. Member beachball6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 21st, 2003
      Location
      Nolanville, TX
      Posts
      10,805
      Vehicles
      04 R, 05 Silverado, 08 D675, 06 GSXR600(track bike)
      10-11-2012 06:30 PM #7499

      That's why that little guy hides a lot. In actuality I drive it fairly often.

      #missmyr32alittlesniffle
      Saw it at wekest and got way too excited to see her again. She still looks pretty damn good.
      Converted BMW Fan boi 98.5 Dakar ///M3 Dinan stg3
      I hate Volkswagens.
      .:Racing is easy just remember Fast in slow out....or was it the other way around.
      Turn signals are your friends, and exist for a reason

    25. Member shovelhead84's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 26th, 2010
      Location
      Killeen, Texas
      Posts
      1,335
      Vehicles
      Euro or bust!
      10-12-2012 08:09 AM #7500
      Quote Originally Posted by beachball6 View Post
      #missmyr32alittlesniffle
      Saw it at wekest and got way too excited to see her again. She still looks pretty damn good.
      With the love you gave her, she will be looking good for years to come. That car was appreciated.
      PAST: 1970 Beetle | 1986 Golf 2.0 | 1998 318ic | 2002 Jetta VR6 | 2003 GTI VR6 | 2008 R32 | 2013 Passat SEL TDI |
      PRESENT: 1996 Jetta 2.0 | 2013 Golf TDI | 2014 Beetle R-Line
      MK5 Door Module DIY | Discount Garage Opener DIY |

    Page 300 of 389 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •