Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 215 of 276 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265 ... LastLast
    Results 7,491 to 7,525 of 9628

    Thread: Ft. Hood, TX and Killeen, TX?

    1. Member kuma85's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Killeen/Ft.Hood
      Posts
      4,674
      Vehicles
      90 Audi CQ 20v 5 BANGER
      10-08-2012 07:14 PM #7491
      Quote Originally Posted by beachball6 View Post
      Apex driving events does most of the track days around here.
      TWS (College station) FAST! bikes do 150 on the back straight.
      MSRC (Cresson)-1.3, 1.7, 3.1 configurations Apex runs regularly there. 1.3 is very technical with a 50ft elevation change, 1.7 is fun cars run CW mostly I've only ran CCW. the 3.1 is the two merged and is a lot of track to cover, mentally taxing.
      MSRH(Houston)- 2.7 I think its a smooth fun course, not sure who runs there.
      ECR (Eagles Canyon) Denton/Decatur, mid speed technical track, lots of elevation change.

      Track days are to be had around here all these tracks are w/in 3hrs. The key is searching local forums and sneaking in with other car groups, EVO, BMW, S2000, PCA, ect.

      G/l
      Shawn
      ^ see, lots of stuff. I just dont frequent tracks.
      Quote Originally Posted by death 4kqt
      Quote Originally Posted by zturnidge
      i do know the coupe gt is fwd but they are still cool cars and i would love to have one.
      i fwd audi is like a super hot mermaid.....it might look sweet, but what can you really do with it?
      Quote Originally Posted by 97 GTI 10990 View Post
      .....i dont understand why everyone is so hostile on here
      Quote Originally Posted by Live Fast View Post
      Welcome to Vwvortex.com... our motto is F**K you...better get used to it

    2. Member R32OG's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 5th, 2012
      Location
      Centx
      Posts
      189
      Vehicles
      08 VW R32 #2102
      10-08-2012 11:58 PM #7492
      Quote Originally Posted by kuma85 View Post
      there are a few courses near by, i think that the New Braunfels Track, Harris Hill Track is a short course but lots of fun. SoulSpeed is located nearby? i forgot.


      The temple track is called Little River Dragway, we head there to do drag rips and just hang out. its more of a family time for the guys in the group.

      we roll together, and hang and leave when we want.

      8 bucks to get in with a military id and 10 without, its an additional 10 to race.IIRC.

      im sure there are others around, but im not really too in the know. i never track my car, so im unsure.

      OH

      there is a small auto cross event every month at the whiskey creek parking lot. I heard its lots of fun.


      X2 on the autocross I've gone every time and its a lot of fun, you get to see how the car really reacts to all the sudden changes in braking and steering input again lots of fun, even though organization is much to be desired but getting better though.
      I Used To Be Impressed, Now I'm Just Impressive.:R
      http://www.facebook.com/wdeuro

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 1st, 2012
      Location
      copperas cove
      Posts
      196
      Vehicles
      1999/vw/beetle ..... "white one"
      10-09-2012 02:10 PM #7493
      .
      Last edited by jacob.99.beetle; 10-09-2012 at 07:07 PM.

    4. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 15th, 2009
      Location
      killeen, Texas
      Posts
      290
      Vehicles
      12 JSW TDI (mine), 04 Passat TDI (wifes), 04 R32 (sold), 07 GLI ( sold), 1989 GTI 16v (sold),
      10-09-2012 04:54 PM #7494
      I will be out thursday, i guess i will try to get there earlier gonna have to clean the car again.... just in case people dont know

      <------- bagged white mkv gli, i usually dont post much so people are like who the **** is that guy?!?!?!

      see you guys thursday

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 10th, 2011
      Location
      Killeen, TX
      Posts
      310
      Vehicles
      2004 Jetta TDI Alaska Green, 2005 Jetta Wagon TDI 5-speed
      10-09-2012 11:20 PM #7495
      Quote Originally Posted by 89quickness View Post
      I will be out thursday, i guess i will try to get there earlier gonna have to clean the car again.... just in case people dont know

      <------- bagged white mkv gli, i usually dont post much so people are like who the **** is that guy?!?!?!

      see you guys thursday
      Who the Fu....?

    6. Member R32OG's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 5th, 2012
      Location
      Centx
      Posts
      189
      Vehicles
      08 VW R32 #2102
      10-10-2012 09:40 PM #7496
      Ordered new EBC red stuff pads and clear side markers should be hear Friday, so no more clowning on me chance for my orange band-aids lol and most importantly no more squeak
      I Used To Be Impressed, Now I'm Just Impressive.:R
      http://www.facebook.com/wdeuro

    7. Member TheMadHacker's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 23rd, 2011
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      146
      Vehicles
      89 Cabby, 00 Jetta VR6, 99.5 Jetta 2.slow, 03 Beetle Turbo S, 96 BMW 740IL, 94 BMW 530I, 00 BMW 528I
      10-10-2012 10:25 PM #7497
      New color:

      Quote Originally Posted by awd4416 View Post
      Dude put some PB Blaster on it, it's like KY for cars, don't be stingy get it all over
      Quote Originally Posted by Chuckler3 View Post
      Oh.. I'll be there. Ready and willing to plug my thing into whatever is around.
      http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/.../Madhacker.jpg

    8. Member admiralbabar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 12th, 2011
      Location
      central texas =(
      Posts
      630
      Vehicles
      Redneck Supercar (948)
      10-11-2012 06:10 PM #7498
      Poor e38
      ...and those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music...
      Life is short....if you can, you must
      Need help with or curious about doing a 944 v8 swap? PM me

    9. Member beachball6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 21st, 2003
      Location
      Nolanville, TX
      Posts
      10,801
      Vehicles
      04 R, 05 Silverado, 08 D675, 06 GSXR600(track bike)
      10-11-2012 06:30 PM #7499

      That's why that little guy hides a lot. In actuality I drive it fairly often.

      #missmyr32alittlesniffle
      Saw it at wekest and got way too excited to see her again. She still looks pretty damn good.
      Converted BMW Fan boi 98.5 Dakar ///M3 Dinan stg3
      I hate Volkswagens.
      .:Racing is easy just remember Fast in slow out....or was it the other way around.
      Turn signals are your friends, and exist for a reason

    10. Member shovelhead84's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 26th, 2010
      Location
      Killeen, Texas
      Posts
      1,301
      Vehicles
      Euro or bust!
      10-12-2012 08:09 AM #7500
      Quote Originally Posted by beachball6 View Post
      #missmyr32alittlesniffle
      Saw it at wekest and got way too excited to see her again. She still looks pretty damn good.
      With the love you gave her, she will be looking good for years to come. That car was appreciated.
      Past: 1970 Beetle | 1986 Golf 2.0 | 1998 318ic | 2002 Jetta VR6 | 2003 GTI VR6 | 2008 R32
      Present: 1996 Jetta 2.0 | 2013 Passat SEL TDI | 2013 Golf TDI

    11. Member TheMadHacker's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 23rd, 2011
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      146
      Vehicles
      89 Cabby, 00 Jetta VR6, 99.5 Jetta 2.slow, 03 Beetle Turbo S, 96 BMW 740IL, 94 BMW 530I, 00 BMW 528I
      10-12-2012 07:25 PM #7501
      Quote Originally Posted by admiralbabar View Post
      Poor e38
      What's wrong with the E38?
      Quote Originally Posted by awd4416 View Post
      Dude put some PB Blaster on it, it's like KY for cars, don't be stingy get it all over
      Quote Originally Posted by Chuckler3 View Post
      Oh.. I'll be there. Ready and willing to plug my thing into whatever is around.
      http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/.../Madhacker.jpg

    12. Member kuma85's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Killeen/Ft.Hood
      Posts
      4,674
      Vehicles
      90 Audi CQ 20v 5 BANGER
      10-12-2012 07:39 PM #7502
      Quote Originally Posted by TheMadHacker View Post
      What's wrong with the E38?

      wtf? i think it looks GREAT!
      Quote Originally Posted by death 4kqt
      Quote Originally Posted by zturnidge
      i do know the coupe gt is fwd but they are still cool cars and i would love to have one.
      i fwd audi is like a super hot mermaid.....it might look sweet, but what can you really do with it?
      Quote Originally Posted by 97 GTI 10990 View Post
      .....i dont understand why everyone is so hostile on here
      Quote Originally Posted by Live Fast View Post
      Welcome to Vwvortex.com... our motto is F**K you...better get used to it

    13. Member admiralbabar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 12th, 2011
      Location
      central texas =(
      Posts
      630
      Vehicles
      Redneck Supercar (948)
      10-13-2012 12:57 AM #7503
      Quote Originally Posted by TheMadHacker View Post
      What's wrong with the E38?

      Quote Originally Posted by kuma85 View Post
      wtf? i think it looks GREAT!

      Are we looking at the same picture? The monochromatic satin blue e38? It's awful. It looks cheap and cheesy. I'm not trying to talk ****, just being honest. I love the e38 chassis and think it's a gorgeous timeless design, but this is a horrible execution of a "custom" paint job on an otherwise deserving car. I think blacking out the body moulding, bumper rub strips, window trim, rocker panels, mirror bases, etc. would provide some contrast and make it look better though...it's just the whole monochromatic thing that ruins it.

      Take an example:









      Last edited by admiralbabar; 10-13-2012 at 01:04 AM.
      ...and those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music...
      Life is short....if you can, you must
      Need help with or curious about doing a 944 v8 swap? PM me

    14. Member kuma85's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Killeen/Ft.Hood
      Posts
      4,674
      Vehicles
      90 Audi CQ 20v 5 BANGER
      10-13-2012 06:51 AM #7504
      Quote Originally Posted by admiralbabar View Post
      Are we looking at the same picture? The monochromatic satin blue e38? It's awful. It looks cheap and cheesy. I'm not trying to talk ****, just being honest. I love the e38 chassis and think it's a gorgeous timeless design, but this is a horrible execution of a "custom" paint job on an otherwise deserving car. I think blacking out the body moulding, bumper rub strips, window trim, rocker panels, mirror bases, etc. would provide some contrast and make it look better though...it's just the whole monochromatic thing that ruins it.

      Take an example:









      Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

      But it's not mono chromatic. It's just the lighting.

      That in fact is TheMadHackers car and he has put countless hours of prep work and repair work into that car. Sorry his car doesn't look like a 50,000 dollar toy anymore. It looks 100 times better than when he bought it.
      Quote Originally Posted by death 4kqt
      Quote Originally Posted by zturnidge
      i do know the coupe gt is fwd but they are still cool cars and i would love to have one.
      i fwd audi is like a super hot mermaid.....it might look sweet, but what can you really do with it?
      Quote Originally Posted by 97 GTI 10990 View Post
      .....i dont understand why everyone is so hostile on here
      Quote Originally Posted by Live Fast View Post
      Welcome to Vwvortex.com... our motto is F**K you...better get used to it

    15. Member shovelhead84's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 26th, 2010
      Location
      Killeen, Texas
      Posts
      1,301
      Vehicles
      Euro or bust!
      10-13-2012 09:52 AM #7505
      Quote Originally Posted by kuma85 View Post
      That in fact is TheMadHackers car and he has put countless hours of prep work and repair work into that car. Sorry his car doesn't look like a 50,000 dollar toy anymore. It looks 100 times better than when he bought it.
      ^----This

      He brought it to the house the other day when checking out my (Taco's) damaged bumper. It looked cool and was not your average BMW. I don't think the picture does it justice. I liked it in the direct light and would rock the hell out of it myself, if for no other reason than to make others (like the above) cringe for such a paint job on such a car. I would agree that some trim or accents would benefit the lines of the car and pull from the extremeness of the color. The car is large and could use some lines to break the shape a bit.

      TheMadHacker has been hanging around for a while now and there are a couple things I have learned about him.
      1. He doesn't care about the general opinion, cause he is going to do it how he likes it.
      2. He is DIY and loves to save money through a little hard work.
      3. He is not afraid to take on an automotive challenge.

      All in all, If you get to know him a bit more, your cringe for such a paint job on a car like this turns to a head shake and a smile.
      Past: 1970 Beetle | 1986 Golf 2.0 | 1998 318ic | 2002 Jetta VR6 | 2003 GTI VR6 | 2008 R32
      Present: 1996 Jetta 2.0 | 2013 Passat SEL TDI | 2013 Golf TDI

    16. Member kuma85's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Killeen/Ft.Hood
      Posts
      4,674
      Vehicles
      90 Audi CQ 20v 5 BANGER
      10-13-2012 10:23 AM #7506
      Quote Originally Posted by shovelhead84 View Post
      ^----This

      He brought it to the house the other day when checking out my (Taco's) damaged bumper. It looked cool and was not your average BMW. I don't think the picture does it justice. I liked it in the direct light and would rock the hell out of it myself, if for no other reason than to make others (like the above) cringe for such a paint job on such a car. I would agree that some trim or accents would benefit the lines of the car and pull from the extremeness of the color. The car is large and could use some lines to break the shape a bit.

      TheMadHacker has been hanging around for a while now and there are a couple things I have learned about him.
      1. He doesn't care about the general opinion, cause he is going to do it how he likes it.
      2. He is DIY and loves to save money through a little hard work.
      3. He is not afraid to take on an automotive challenge.

      All in all, If you get to know him a bit more, your cringe for such a paint job on a car like this turns to a head shake and a smile.

      **** yeah, no car snobs.
      Quote Originally Posted by death 4kqt
      Quote Originally Posted by zturnidge
      i do know the coupe gt is fwd but they are still cool cars and i would love to have one.
      i fwd audi is like a super hot mermaid.....it might look sweet, but what can you really do with it?
      Quote Originally Posted by 97 GTI 10990 View Post
      .....i dont understand why everyone is so hostile on here
      Quote Originally Posted by Live Fast View Post
      Welcome to Vwvortex.com... our motto is F**K you...better get used to it

    17. Member admiralbabar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 12th, 2011
      Location
      central texas =(
      Posts
      630
      Vehicles
      Redneck Supercar (948)
      10-13-2012 11:01 AM #7507
      Quote Originally Posted by kuma85 View Post
      **** yeah, no car snobs.
      I guarantee if this was on something else done by someone you do not know, you would be singing to a different tune. I'm not really a car snob in your sense of definition, though I do hold pride for hard, skilled, and beautiful work. I am not disputing that hard work and time and everything hasn't gone into this car, I know the feeling of doing everything by yourself and understand what goes into making your car yours. Everyone has different opinions and I respect that on every level. Every one has different tastes, it's a part of life. You guys have seen it in person, so it's only fair I withhold further opinion until I get a first hand experience. Please understand I have nothing against the owner, as you guys are taking this as a personal attack. Other people will voice their opinions, and other people will disagree with you, it's a part of life. This is a BMW we are talking about, engineered and built better than most of the cars on the planet, I would just prefer such a car be represented as such....not a hoodride. It's about respect. That being said, I really hope I didn't give you a bad first impression, I am just an honest person with a voice. In all seriousness, I would look forward to meeting you all and share insights, theories, and opinions on all things automotive....hell, one day we could even have a beer together
      ...and those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music...
      Life is short....if you can, you must
      Need help with or curious about doing a 944 v8 swap? PM me

    18. Member kuma85's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Killeen/Ft.Hood
      Posts
      4,674
      Vehicles
      90 Audi CQ 20v 5 BANGER
      10-13-2012 11:12 AM #7508
      Quote Originally Posted by admiralbabar View Post
      I guarantee if this was on something else done by someone you do not know, you would be singing to a different tune. I'm not really a car snob in your sense of definition, though I do hold pride for hard, skilled, and beautiful work. I am not disputing that hard work and time and everything hasn't gone into this car, I know the feeling of doing everything by yourself and understand what goes into making your car yours. Everyone has different opinions and I respect that on every level. Every one has different tastes, it's a part of life. You guys have seen it in person, so it's only fair I withhold further opinion until I get a first hand experience. Please understand I have nothing against the owner, as you guys are taking this as a personal attack. Other people will voice their opinions, and other people will disagree with you, it's a part of life. This is a BMW we are talking about, engineered and built better than most of the cars on the planet, I would just prefer such a car be represented as such....not a hoodride. It's about respect. That being said, I really hope I didn't give you a bad first impression, I am just an honest person with a voice. In all seriousness, I would look forward to meeting you all and share insights, theories, and opinions on all things automotive....hell, one day we could even have a beer together
      If you knew me youd know i will fend to the end for almost anyone i know. I understand its an opinion, it was the way you went about saying it.
      You dont have to have a reason for why you say things, its whatever, but the guys in this group are down to earth and are mostly family. We bust each others balls and we offer constructive criticism all at the same time. i do not feel Hackers car is represented as a hood ride, not even in the least. if anything its the opposite, mainly because its not crapped up with nasty chrome and a set of 22's and a ******y ass sub system that sounds like a fat bitch crapping on a trampoline.



      Come out to the group on thursday and introduce yourself and see if you think the same thing when you actually see the amount of work that has gone into the car. No one at the group meets have a PERFECT car and they are always working on them.

      if its a personal taste, thats on you, but saying it looks like **** then hope to drink beer together afterwards cause you are a nice guy otherwise, is kinda a sign of Douche baggery. Not calling you a douche bag, i am stating that your action was douche baggery
      Quote Originally Posted by death 4kqt
      Quote Originally Posted by zturnidge
      i do know the coupe gt is fwd but they are still cool cars and i would love to have one.
      i fwd audi is like a super hot mermaid.....it might look sweet, but what can you really do with it?
      Quote Originally Posted by 97 GTI 10990 View Post
      .....i dont understand why everyone is so hostile on here
      Quote Originally Posted by Live Fast View Post
      Welcome to Vwvortex.com... our motto is F**K you...better get used to it

    19. Member kuma85's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Killeen/Ft.Hood
      Posts
      4,674
      Vehicles
      90 Audi CQ 20v 5 BANGER
      10-13-2012 11:13 AM #7509
      you guys are taking this as a personal attack.
      Yes, we tend to do that when you speak of family.
      Quote Originally Posted by death 4kqt
      Quote Originally Posted by zturnidge
      i do know the coupe gt is fwd but they are still cool cars and i would love to have one.
      i fwd audi is like a super hot mermaid.....it might look sweet, but what can you really do with it?
      Quote Originally Posted by 97 GTI 10990 View Post
      .....i dont understand why everyone is so hostile on here
      Quote Originally Posted by Live Fast View Post
      Welcome to Vwvortex.com... our motto is F**K you...better get used to it

    20. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 1st, 2012
      Location
      copperas cove
      Posts
      196
      Vehicles
      1999/vw/beetle ..... "white one"
      10-13-2012 11:21 AM #7510
      i like the blue, it is character and personality and his car is the "only" car around in that color.
      i can not say anything bad about his car, other then it needs some mean exhaust to give it a growl

      people be like "do i hear a muscle .... no it's just bmw"
      id do it, i mean it is a v8 right. flowmaster mufflers

    21. Member admiralbabar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 12th, 2011
      Location
      central texas =(
      Posts
      630
      Vehicles
      Redneck Supercar (948)
      10-13-2012 11:47 AM #7511
      Quote Originally Posted by kuma85 View Post
      If you knew me youd know i will fend to the end for almost anyone i know. I understand its an opinion, it was the way you went about saying it.
      You dont have to have a reason for why you say things, its whatever, but the guys in this group are down to earth and are mostly family. We bust each others balls and we offer constructive criticism all at the same time. i do not feel Hackers car is represented as a hood ride, not even in the least. if anything its the opposite, mainly because its not crapped up with nasty chrome and a set of 22's and a ******y ass sub system that sounds like a fat bitch crapping on a trampoline.



      Come out to the group on thursday and introduce yourself and see if you think the same thing when you actually see the amount of work that has gone into the car. No one at the group meets have a PERFECT car and they are always working on them.

      if its a personal taste, thats on you, but saying it looks like **** then hope to drink beer together afterwards cause you are a nice guy otherwise, is kinda a sign of Douche baggery. Not calling you a douche bag, i am stating that your action was douche baggery
      You seem to think I have this hatred or disposition towards you, your friend, and his car. This is not the case. I simply made a comment voicing my opinion, if I came off like an ass, my apologies, I have always had to be blunt and direct. I have no problem saying things other do not want to hear, and that's just might be what they need to hear. Do you understand? If one of my friend's ride looks like ****, I tell him. If someone at work does a ****ty job doing something, I tell him....and you know? We have beers together. lol. I have more respect for a person bettering themselves through persistent trial and error than I do for their feelings, it's how we grow as humans. I expect others to hold me to a high standard as well. I don't sugarcoat or p***yfoot around, most people need direct input in order for it to actually register, or they think you're a p***y for not being totally honest. Once again, I am not disputing the fact there was was a lot of hard work put into this car, I wouldn't mind the owner piping in and sharing with me all that he has done, if so much has gone into the car I have admiration for him and doing so, the e38 is a great car. I understand that most car enthusiasts cars are a work in progress, one of mine is on jack stands with a mile long list of stuff to do....and will always have things waiting to be done to better it. I guess people here in texas do things a little different...
      ...and those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music...
      Life is short....if you can, you must
      Need help with or curious about doing a 944 v8 swap? PM me

    22. Member Morio's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 16th, 1999
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      11,394
      Vehicles
      Tejas Cucaracha
      10-13-2012 12:19 PM #7512
      Quote Originally Posted by admiralbabar View Post
      You seem to think I have this hatred or disposition towards you, your friend, and his car. This is not the case. I simply made a comment voicing my opinion, if I came off like an ass, my apologies, I have always had to be blunt and direct. I have no problem saying things other do not want to hear, and that's just might be what they need to hear. Do you understand? If one of my friend's ride looks like ****, I tell him. If someone at work does a ****ty job doing something, I tell him....and you know? We have beers together. lol. I have more respect for a person bettering themselves through persistent trial and error than I do for their feelings, it's how we grow as humans. I expect others to hold me to a high standard as well. I don't sugarcoat or p***yfoot around, most people need direct input in order for it to actually register, or they think you're a p***y for not being totally honest. Once again, I am not disputing the fact there was was a lot of hard work put into this car, I wouldn't mind the owner piping in and sharing with me all that he has done, if so much has gone into the car I have admiration for him and doing so, the e38 is a great car. I understand that most car enthusiasts cars are a work in progress, one of mine is on jack stands with a mile long list of stuff to do....and will always have things waiting to be done to better it. I guess people here in texas do things a little different...
      Hello!!! You are right it looks like ass!! I like the straight talk, keep it up!

      I hope to see some of you guys at vagabahn on November 4th!!!

    23. Member shovelhead84's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 26th, 2010
      Location
      Killeen, Texas
      Posts
      1,301
      Vehicles
      Euro or bust!
      10-13-2012 02:04 PM #7513
      Quote Originally Posted by kuma85 View Post
      Yes, we tend to do that when you speak of family.
      Quote Originally Posted by admiralbabar View Post
      You seem to think I have this hatred or disposition towards you, your friend, and his car. This is not the case. I simply made a comment voicing my opinion, if I came off like an ass, my apologies, I have always had to be blunt and direct.
      I think you guys are over analyzing the statements made in here. The point I tried to make is that it doesn't look amazing and it is not a color for a BMW, but that's what you get with TheMadHacker. I acknowledged part of your statement in agreement, then followed with a reasoning as to why you would see such an abomination from him. It's just what he likes. Standard, Normal or Classy are NOT descriptions for his taste in paint jobs.

      That said, Yoda85's fingers get loud in the forum when he feels a need to defend something or someone. It is one of his traits that can be good/bad, depending on the situation. Sometimes you just have to redirect him and push the "GO" button.

      Quote Originally Posted by Morio View Post
      Hello!!! You are right it looks like ass!! I like the straight talk, keep it up!

      I hope to see some of you guys at vagabahn on November 4th!!!
      Of all the times for you to stop in here and make some comments! Stop slumming and get your pretty behind back uptown. This ain't the Jerry Springer Show!
      Past: 1970 Beetle | 1986 Golf 2.0 | 1998 318ic | 2002 Jetta VR6 | 2003 GTI VR6 | 2008 R32
      Present: 1996 Jetta 2.0 | 2013 Passat SEL TDI | 2013 Golf TDI

    24. Member beachball6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 21st, 2003
      Location
      Nolanville, TX
      Posts
      10,801
      Vehicles
      04 R, 05 Silverado, 08 D675, 06 GSXR600(track bike)
      10-13-2012 02:25 PM #7514
      This is why I am how I am. Well part of it.

      I predict no one here will show at vagabahn.
      Converted BMW Fan boi 98.5 Dakar ///M3 Dinan stg3
      I hate Volkswagens.
      .:Racing is easy just remember Fast in slow out....or was it the other way around.
      Turn signals are your friends, and exist for a reason

    25. Member Morio's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 16th, 1999
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      11,394
      Vehicles
      Tejas Cucaracha
      10-13-2012 02:46 PM #7515
      Quote Originally Posted by shovelhead84 View Post
      Of all the times for you to stop in here and make some comments! Stop slumming and get your pretty behind back uptown. This ain't the Jerry Springer Show!
      I just came in here to see who was going to vagabahn, and I couldn't resist :p some of us will be driving up on Saturday the 3rd. So be sure to wave when you all see us fly by!!

      Or you guys could roll up to the show and visit with others from all over Texas that share in this horrible hobby!

      And thanks for the pretty behind compliment I needed an ego boost!

    26. Member Morio's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 16th, 1999
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      11,394
      Vehicles
      Tejas Cucaracha
      10-13-2012 02:47 PM #7516
      Quote Originally Posted by beachball6 View Post
      This is why I am how I am. Well part of it.

      I predict no one here will show at vagabahn.
      sad but true

    27. Member shovelhead84's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 26th, 2010
      Location
      Killeen, Texas
      Posts
      1,301
      Vehicles
      Euro or bust!
      10-13-2012 03:23 PM #7517
      Quote Originally Posted by Morio View Post
      I just came in here to see who was going to vagabahn, and I couldn't resist :p some of us will be driving up on Saturday the 3rd. So be sure to wave when you all see us fly by!!

      Or you guys could roll up to the show and visit with others from all over Texas that share in this horrible hobby!

      And thanks for the pretty behind compliment I needed an ego boost!
      It is a despicable hobby, and I will be there to share in it! I will be in Austin Saturday night so I will not be heading up until Sunday AM. The R32 will be staying home and I will driving up in the TDI. I will be enjoying it to the best of my ability as a spectator.

      (I will be claiming I'm from Georgetown so as not to disrupt the current expectations of Killeen/Ft Hood area enthusiasts.)
      Past: 1970 Beetle | 1986 Golf 2.0 | 1998 318ic | 2002 Jetta VR6 | 2003 GTI VR6 | 2008 R32
      Present: 1996 Jetta 2.0 | 2013 Passat SEL TDI | 2013 Golf TDI

    28. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 1st, 2012
      Location
      copperas cove
      Posts
      196
      Vehicles
      1999/vw/beetle ..... "white one"
      10-13-2012 04:52 PM #7518
      Quote Originally Posted by beachball6 View Post
      This is why I am how I am. Well part of it.

      I predict no one here will show at vagabahn.

      sounds like fun. but i dont know yet if i can make it.

    29. Member joecastro420's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2007
      Location
      Frederick MD
      Posts
      1,564
      Vehicles
      Bagged TDi
      10-14-2012 09:50 AM #7519
      Thanks for the great reading material everyone! I can always count on this thread to deliver. @ Chance, Im still looking forward to seeing some decent pics of the new B7. Cant wait to see what you got planned for her.

      Quote Originally Posted by kuma85 View Post
      Come out to the group on thursday and introduce yourself and see if you think the same thing when you actually see the amount of work that has gone into the car. No one at the group meets have a PERFECT car and they are always working on them.
      Thats because I sold my car and I've yet to start on my next project.*Speak for yourself
      Serious note, everyone's pretty cool. I've seen the GTGs grow from a small group of friends, to what what it is today. Just check em out.

      Quote Originally Posted by beachball6 View Post
      This is why I am how I am. Well part of it.

      I predict no one here will show at vagabahn.
      Dang, we had a good showing last year too, huh Shawn?! That sux

      For those who didn't go to last years show, here's a lil film I put together of VAGABAHN 2011. Last year was a blast and so worth the drive. From what I see, they're only going to get better.

      Vagabahn 2011 from Joe Castro on Vimeo.



      See you guys in January
      Last edited by joecastro420; 10-14-2012 at 09:54 AM.
      4N OBJTS Since ever Since
      Bagged & Blown Daily (Sold, but not forgotten)
      jasonmarbledesign.com
      Open Road Tuning
      Stalk me on IG: @joe_castro_

    30. Member kuma85's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Killeen/Ft.Hood
      Posts
      4,674
      Vehicles
      90 Audi CQ 20v 5 BANGER
      10-14-2012 11:34 AM #7520
      C
      Last edited by kuma85; 10-14-2012 at 11:37 AM.
      Quote Originally Posted by death 4kqt
      Quote Originally Posted by zturnidge
      i do know the coupe gt is fwd but they are still cool cars and i would love to have one.
      i fwd audi is like a super hot mermaid.....it might look sweet, but what can you really do with it?
      Quote Originally Posted by 97 GTI 10990 View Post
      .....i dont understand why everyone is so hostile on here
      Quote Originally Posted by Live Fast View Post
      Welcome to Vwvortex.com... our motto is F**K you...better get used to it

    31. Member kuma85's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Killeen/Ft.Hood
      Posts
      4,674
      Vehicles
      90 Audi CQ 20v 5 BANGER
      10-14-2012 11:36 AM #7521
      Chance, Mikey, Tim and myself are going.

      Tim and I are meeting up with Chris Naylor and rolling up on Saturday.
      Mikey I'm not sure and chance is gonna be there on Sunday.

      Joe, I was speaking presently, Mr. Sgt. Perfect.




      JackAss. Lol
      Quote Originally Posted by death 4kqt
      Quote Originally Posted by zturnidge
      i do know the coupe gt is fwd but they are still cool cars and i would love to have one.
      i fwd audi is like a super hot mermaid.....it might look sweet, but what can you really do with it?
      Quote Originally Posted by 97 GTI 10990 View Post
      .....i dont understand why everyone is so hostile on here
      Quote Originally Posted by Live Fast View Post
      Welcome to Vwvortex.com... our motto is F**K you...better get used to it

    32. Member kuma85's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Killeen/Ft.Hood
      Posts
      4,674
      Vehicles
      90 Audi CQ 20v 5 BANGER
      10-14-2012 11:40 AM #7522
      [QUOTE=shovelhead84;79334747]I think you guys are over analyzing the statements made in here. The point I tried to make is that it doesn't look amazing and it is not a color for a BMW, but that's what you get with TheMadHacker. I acknowledged part of your statement in agreement, then followed with a reasoning as to why you would see such an abomination from him. It's just what he likes. Standard, Normal or Classy are NOT descriptions for his taste in paint jobs.

      That said, Yoda85's fingers get loud in the forum when he feels a need to defend something or someone. It is one of his traits that can be good/bad, depending on the situation. Sometimes you just have to redirect him and push the "GO" button.





      This be true.
      Quote Originally Posted by death 4kqt
      Quote Originally Posted by zturnidge
      i do know the coupe gt is fwd but they are still cool cars and i would love to have one.
      i fwd audi is like a super hot mermaid.....it might look sweet, but what can you really do with it?
      Quote Originally Posted by 97 GTI 10990 View Post
      .....i dont understand why everyone is so hostile on here
      Quote Originally Posted by Live Fast View Post
      Welcome to Vwvortex.com... our motto is F**K you...better get used to it

    33. Member joecastro420's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2007
      Location
      Frederick MD
      Posts
      1,564
      Vehicles
      Bagged TDi
      10-15-2012 06:43 AM #7523
      Quote Originally Posted by kuma85 View Post
      Joe, I was speaking presently, Mr. Sgt. Perfect.
      JackAss. Lol
      I know, just throwing out some motivation the only way I know. Besides Im in no position to talk about cars. The only VW I have to my name now is the Routon. LOL I so can wait to leave this desert!
      4N OBJTS Since ever Since
      Bagged & Blown Daily (Sold, but not forgotten)
      jasonmarbledesign.com
      Open Road Tuning
      Stalk me on IG: @joe_castro_

    34. Member shovelhead84's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 26th, 2010
      Location
      Killeen, Texas
      Posts
      1,301
      Vehicles
      Euro or bust!
      10-15-2012 10:41 AM #7524
      Quote Originally Posted by joecastro420 View Post
      Thanks for the great reading material everyone! I can always count on this thread to deliver. @ Chance, Im still looking forward to seeing some decent pics of the new B7. Cant wait to see what you got planned for her.
      On that note, the wife hooked me up for my Birthday. She knows I had been wanting a camera for some time so she made the jump and got me some good stuff. As for the B7, my plans don't necessarily match my wife's. I am trying to bring her in slowly (I sneak "air bags" into conversations as much as possible). I figure the Passat will be similar to my endeavors with the new camera; There will be allot of good intentions, but they won't live up to your already established standards.


      Oscar is trying to make it to Vagabahn and I will be bringing the wife and/or Taco. Ian also seems interested, but he hasn't made plans.
      Past: 1970 Beetle | 1986 Golf 2.0 | 1998 318ic | 2002 Jetta VR6 | 2003 GTI VR6 | 2008 R32
      Present: 1996 Jetta 2.0 | 2013 Passat SEL TDI | 2013 Golf TDI

    35. Member beachball6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 21st, 2003
      Location
      Nolanville, TX
      Posts
      10,801
      Vehicles
      04 R, 05 Silverado, 08 D675, 06 GSXR600(track bike)
      10-15-2012 05:09 PM #7525
      How about you return the camera throw the word bags out the window and get coils.
      Converted BMW Fan boi 98.5 Dakar ///M3 Dinan stg3
      I hate Volkswagens.
      .:Racing is easy just remember Fast in slow out....or was it the other way around.
      Turn signals are your friends, and exist for a reason

    Page 215 of 276 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •