Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 221 of 294 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271 ... LastLast
    Results 7,701 to 7,735 of 10267

Thread: albuquerque, nm. whats new?

1. 03-04-2011 04:03 AM #7701
      Quote Originally Posted by justdizzle View Post
      I can list dozens of negative experiences, look at RSW, or true street cars
      So then between the two of us we can both list dozens of positive or negative experiences. You won't recommend Speedlab. I will. Where does that leave us...

2. 03-04-2011 04:15 AM #7702
      And since I've been feeling the scooters lately:

Vehicles
      1990 Jetta Coupe VR6, 83 Rabbit GTI ABA
      03-04-2011 10:44 AM #7703
      Speedlab has there own section on RSW look in there, I've seen plenty of happy people, one of the first posts I saw this morning says "top notch"
      http://racingsouthwest.com/forums/in...b-performance/

jason thanks for backing me up on this
      And I think we can agree to disagree on with Zach, and justdizzle on speedlab

on a liter note anyone interested in the cruise let me know.
      List:
      Noah

Next cruise I would like to do on March 26th. What I was thinking was meet at 10am leave by 11-11:30 at the latest, cruise up the crest and them back down and lunch at burger boy

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&su...ed=0CC4QnwIwAw

This is the drive, I'm sure everyone has been on it before....

View Larger Map

The ruckus is the $hit!!

Last edited by dubrally; 03-04-2011 at 11:30 AM.
      VRSOCIETY # 204

Quote Originally Posted by Kudagra View Post
      Mk4, 5 and 6s dont require talent to keep running.
      Quote Originally Posted by lvs4 View Post
      Plus, it's not like Noah can talk to them in person. If he did, we would have to throw on some bikinis and do a car wash to bail him out.

Vehicles
      03-04-2011 11:30 AM #7704
      I have to disagree with you guys. I didn't personally know Brody before I walked in the shop and he was willing to spend a good amount of time answering some questions without me even buying anything. He's always been a nice guy but I have no experience on the quality of work that they do.
      Just my 2 cents...

Does anyone know more about that turbod .:R???
      Jason, as gay as I think scooters are, this one you posted is clean! LOL

Last edited by locastian; 03-04-2011 at 11:33 AM.

Vehicles
      VRTits 01 metallic beige
      03-04-2011 12:51 PM #7705
      2 things.

1. First time I went to speed lab I was greeted by a muscle bound chick... that wouldnt let me talk to brody... ( His EX). Bad experience was kinda bummed on them. So wasnt supporting them.

2. Then I got the VRT hair up my arse and there was one place to go with all my heeps of ????s, Brody answered everything about my tranny boost and block potential and reassured me of that through ALL THE CARS HE HAS BUILT that it would be fine. He knows his VWs. Didnt cost me a penny.

So does Padilla Customz , CMW, and PERM which are the shops that helped with my build, a missing ring gear here, a few months later I am ready to roll. I just need to buy lots of sushi and single malt. Not to mention I was taught to fish not just sent to the fish market.

Turbo .:R I believe is a fake... I saw it, but the front mout looked like a kit for a 1.8T when it drove by I couldnt hear it... I have an ear for the VR ( maybe my hananah montana was bumping too hard) but still heard nothing. Never saw the motor or pics of the motor. Plus the guy hasnt posted on the tex. Not a dubber.

Last edited by !!Wild Man!!; 03-04-2011 at 01:21 PM. Reason: accidental submit click!

Vehicles
      03-04-2011 01:44 PM #7706
      Glad to hear you got it back together! You didn't look at the seats or brakes??
      I would expect it to scream if it was a turbod R, but it also seems to me like getting dual exhausts would be a good amount of unnecessary work for a 1.8t.....

Vehicles
      VRTits 01 metallic beige
      03-04-2011 02:12 PM #7707
      Quote Originally Posted by locastian View Post
      Glad to hear you got it back together! You didn't look at the seats or brakes??
      I would expect it to scream if it was a turbod R, but it also seems to me like getting dual exhausts would be a good amount of unnecessary work for a 1.8t.....
      Window tint and driver no view of seats. I am sure there is a kit for that exhaust I think 42dd makes something. yeah dude wasnt even as load as your car. Serious doubt on how real it is. If it is real, then it is some kit running under 10 psi. making 250 hp Who ever this mysterious dubber is he needs to show himslef.

Saw it before with out exhaust and it had a BallsdeeP euro plate on it. Had the .:R kit... the mesh was the metal like the ecs .:R look bumper.

Vehicles
      91 GTI
      03-04-2011 03:09 PM #7708
      Quote Originally Posted by Ju!Cee_CRuSH 879° View Post
      Can someone tell me where I could get my coilovers installed and about how much it might cost?
      Do it yourself! If I can do it you can too!

Ohh and I used speedlab to do a bilstein coilover install a few years ago, think they charged me 250 and then another 100 for the alignment. Brody is great and his shop has always done me right.

Just had wheel bearings done on my MarkII also.
      Last edited by AYellowGTI; 03-04-2011 at 03:21 PM.
      I am who they say I am.

9. Member
      Vehicles
      '01 S4, '03 540i
      03-04-2011 06:02 PM #7709
      I think this debate is ridiculous.

D-bag or not, Brody is pretty much all we got here in NM as far as a quality Euro performance shop (other than weak ass Konstruckt). The guy definitely knows his Sh$t. Beggars can't be choosers.

That being said, I would rather do it myself and do it horribly wrong that take it to a shop.

10. 03-04-2011 06:10 PM #7710
      Quote Originally Posted by Zakario View Post

D-bag or not, Brody is pretty much all we got here in NM as far as a quality Euro performance shop (other than weak ass Konstruckt). The guy definitely knows his Sh$t. Beggars can't be choosers.

That being said, I would rather do it myself and do it horribly wrong that take it to a shop.
      Amen!

edit
      not that there is anything wrong with Brody, i just dont like people in general to work on my cars
      Last edited by slickshoe1603; 03-04-2011 at 07:00 PM.

Vehicles
      06 GLi
      03-04-2011 06:28 PM #7711
      Quote Originally Posted by !!Wild Man!! View Post
      PERM

wow, wow, wow... what about CMW!?!?!?!?!

12. Member
      Vehicles
      '01 S4, '03 540i
      03-04-2011 07:19 PM #7712
      Quote Originally Posted by dekoone505 View Post
      wow, wow, wow... what about CMW!?!?!?!?!
      Are you sketchy south americans licensed, bonded and insured?
      Last edited by Zakario; 03-04-2011 at 07:27 PM.

Vehicles
      06 GLi
      03-04-2011 07:37 PM #7713
      Are you sketchy south americans licensed, bonded and insured?
      sketchy, better watch how u talk to one of ur bosses... dont make me go up there and write u up for being on the forum while being at work kid!!

And yes, I bought insurance from Billy.. u know, the one guys with the "porsche" on his business card..

14. 03-04-2011 08:39 PM #7714
      2 things.

1. First time I went to speed lab I was greeted by a muscle bound chick... that wouldnt let me talk to brody... ( His EX). Bad experience was kinda bummed on them. So wasnt supporting them.

2. Then I got the VRT hair up my arse and there was one place to go with all my heeps of ????s, Brody answered everything about my tranny boost and block potential and reassured me of that through ALL THE CARS HE HAS BUILT that it would be fine. He knows his VWs. Didnt cost me a penny.

So does Padilla Customz , CMW, and PERM which are the shops that helped with my build, a missing ring gear here, a few months later I am ready to roll. I just need to buy lots of sushi and single malt. Not to mention I was taught to fish not just sent to the fish market.

Turbo .:R I believe is a fake... I saw it, but the front mout looked like a kit for a 1.8T when it drove by I couldnt hear it... I have an ear for the VR ( maybe my hananah montana was bumping too hard) but still heard nothing. Never saw the motor or pics of the motor. Plus the guy hasnt posted on the tex. Not a dubber.

1. I dont want to be greeted by any chick on roids.
      2. very cool Bill he answered your questions for free...LOL
      3.The r32 is a real r32 it really is turbo it has real 3 piece Rotiform BLQ's

So lets stop hating on the owner and give props to a sick clean r32 here in ALb

AND Bill please talk to Josh, Porter, William s2k about speedlab and their work.
      2004 r32 current DD
      1989 Land cruiser DD

1971 bmw 2002-sold
      2002 s2000-stolen and totaled
      2001 S4-sold

Vehicles
      VRTits 01 metallic beige
      03-04-2011 08:40 PM #7715
      Performance Engineering Racing Modification!!!!

PERM. Did NOahs intake manifold as well. My intake looks dirty skirty.

Peektars My business card is double color. triple layer. high quality and CMW has the best coverage possible. Hit me up if if you need a quote zakkario 3149232!

16. Member
      Vehicles
      '01 S4, '03 540i
      03-05-2011 01:16 AM #7716
      Peektars My business card is double color. triple layer. high quality and CMW has the best coverage possible. Hit me up if if you need a quote zakkario 3149232!
      Jason, please ban this user for solicitation. Thats gotta be a good enough reason right Mr. Moderator???

haha jk Bill when is your ish gonna be done?

17. Member
      Vehicles
      81, 85 scirocco
      03-05-2011 03:06 AM #7717
      I didn't know half these shops existed, but hey I wouldn't.

My car is the biggest piece on the scene, but I built it with my own two hands. Any screw ups (and there has been more than a few) are all on me. So at least I don't have to go talk ish about the ****ty work someone does on my car.

This may be me, but what I love most about the Vdub scene is the people who stand by the "built not bought" motto.

Vehicles
      03-05-2011 11:43 AM #7718
      Yo Noah! My bad dude, I didn't know it was you texting me or I would have told you to come over!
      I confused you for this other Noah that I know...

Vehicles
      78 MKI Scirocco, 2012 Frontier
      03-06-2011 07:22 PM #7719
      This was sitting near my house today. Looks dam clean and the MKI is my favorite coupe I would love to get one some day.

Last edited by BORA_1_8T; 03-06-2011 at 10:46 PM.

Vehicles
      1997 Saab 900 SE 2.0t
      03-06-2011 10:32 PM #7720
      Noah this is said coupe
      And pirate, stay with Audis..
      Quote Originally Posted by BORA_1_8T View Post
      This was sitting near my house today. Looks dame clean and the MKI is my favorite coupe I would love to get one some day.

Vehicles
      03-07-2011 11:20 AM #7721
      Quote Originally Posted by locastian View Post
      Yo Noah! My bad dude, I didn't know it was you texting me or I would have told you to come over!
      I confused you for this other Noah that I know...
      No problem dude, It's all good.

That MK1 coupe looks really clean, I wish I could see it in person!!

and the Cruise info if anyone is interested in attending.
      List:
      Noah
      Al

Next cruise I would like to do on March 26th. What I was thinking was meet at 10am leave by 11-11:30 at the latest, cruise up the crest and them back down and lunch at burger boy

View Larger Map

VRT MK2

also saw these
      http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/pts/2251268547.html
      Last edited by dubrally; 03-07-2011 at 01:13 PM.
      VRSOCIETY # 204

Plus, it's not like Noah can talk to them in person. If he did, we would have to throw on some bikinis and do a car wash to bail him out.

22. 03-07-2011 06:10 PM #7722
      Quote Originally Posted by Low: i has it? View Post
      Same goes for my friends... they have 0 customer service, so for those who know him, he is alright. For those that dont... he is a D bag.
      a dbag? really? how old are you?

Quote Originally Posted by dubrally View Post
      I think it's funny people like you who have no idea and no direct experience yourself going to speedlab talk crap about them.
      x2

i have been going to brody since he worked out of the garage in his house on camanche.
      which was about 10 years ago.
      i have had nothing but good experiences since day 1, and he has always given me a good deal and always loves to bull$hit about dubs if you just want someone to talk to. i dont even drive a dub anymore and i still take my jeep to him.

but every time i have called them about anything they have been rude... i wont take anything there.

look, everyone is entitled to their own opinion *IF* you have had a valid experience with the shop. you cant judge/slander a shop just from a phone call you once made.

point is, if it wasnt for guys like brody i can tell you there would NOT be a VW scene in albuquerque here today. period.
      show some respect.

Vehicles
      06 GLi
      03-07-2011 06:36 PM #7723
      Quote Originally Posted by christopher_m1 View Post
      if it wasnt for guys like brody i can tell you there would NOT be a VW scene in albuquerque here today. period.
      show some respect.
      thanks

Vehicles
      VRTits 01 metallic beige
      03-07-2011 06:57 PM #7724
      thanks
      x2

Vehicles
      04 GLI 1.8t
      03-07-2011 07:34 PM #7725
      Quote Originally Posted by christopher_m1 View Post
      a dbag? really? how old are you?

x2

i have been going to brody since he worked out of the garage in his house on camanche.
      which was about 10 years ago.
      i have had nothing but good experiences since day 1, and he has always given me a good deal and always loves to bull$hit about dubs if you just want someone to talk to. i dont even drive a dub anymore and i still take my jeep to him.

look, everyone is entitled to their own opinion *IF* you have had a valid experience with the shop. you cant judge/slander a shop just from a phone call you once made.

point is, if it wasnt for guys like brody i can tell you there would NOT be a VW scene in albuquerque here today. period.
      show some respect.
      Yes, im young, and made one call to speed lab and based my opinion on that.

If you think that because of one person in a local area, we wouldnt have a scene, i dont think you're quite in touch with reality. But since this is a forum, and everyone is entitled to thier own opinions i wont go much further than that.
      Trendy Sh!t in different colors and what not
      Quote Originally Posted by Kiddie Rose View Post
      That sticker is a variation of the shocker. It means 0 in the pink 1 in the stink. So if there is no pink it's referring to a dude. So you like fingering dudes butts.

Vehicles
      03-07-2011 07:42 PM #7726
      thanks
      ^ X3

tell them how it is Chris!!

That D-bag comment made me F-ing pissed, doesn't surprise me especially coming from a MK4 guy! just read my Sig, That says it all sorry Julian, your still my boy blue!!

If you think that because of one person in a local area, we wouldnt have a scene, i dont think you're quite in touch with reality.

You have no idea what your talking about! trust me when I say that Brody is one of the main reasons we have a VW Community here to begin with. you need to show a little respect to people that have been around the VW community longer then yourself!
      Last edited by dubrally; 03-07-2011 at 07:54 PM.
      VRSOCIETY # 204

Vehicles
      04 GLI 1.8t
      03-07-2011 08:39 PM #7727
      Quote Originally Posted by dubrally View Post
      ^ X3

tell them how it is Chris!!

That D-bag comment made me F-ing pissed, doesn't surprise me especially coming from a MK4 guy! just read my Sig, That says it all sorry Julian, your still my boy blue!!

You have no idea what your talking about! trust me when I say that Brody is one of the main reasons we have a VW Community here to begin with. you need to show a little respect to people that have been around the VW community longer then yourself!
      Hmm, Well since i have also owned dubs for about 10 years(not a great deal of time i know). i can say that i have done my fair share of wrenching. i owned an 86 coupe which i overhauled my self when i was 16, 84 rabbit gti which i also rebuilt(helped a buddy overhaul another 84), i have owned 4 mk4's 2000 gti 2003 gti 2003 20th, and now my 2004 GLI. i have helped all my friends with there dubs.

I do all my work on my own.

Im sure i have enough wrench time in on my "dubs" to be able to speak freely here without people trying to bash me like im some vw nub. I know i dont drive a vr swapped mkII, but even if i did, doesnt exactly mean i did the work.

I am simply trying to share my experience with Speed Lab with the forum just as everyone else did. Im sorry that i hurt your feelings.

Edit: Thank god for the internet. Because even if there was no one around to create a vw scene, i would still be able to get information, to repair, and enjoy my VW's
      Last edited by Low: i has it?; 03-07-2011 at 08:46 PM.
      Trendy Sh!t in different colors and what not
      Quote Originally Posted by Kiddie Rose View Post
      That sticker is a variation of the shocker. It means 0 in the pink 1 in the stink. So if there is no pink it's referring to a dude. So you like fingering dudes butts.

Vehicles
      78 MKI Scirocco, 2012 Frontier
      03-07-2011 08:47 PM #7728
      Can't we all just get along here and drop this.

Speedlab is like any other shop, store, restaurant etc... any place that does business. There are going to be people that have great experiences, mediocre experiences, and bad ones as well. So just because any one person has any one of those experiences does not mean that that place of business is good or bad. Noah you like the place so keep going Low has it you don't like it either find another shop or start one yourself it's as simple as that.

So lets drop it already and agree to disagree so lets all get along and go get a drink

anyway my 2 cents

Vehicles
      A FEW OF THEM NEWFANGLED MOTORBIKEY THINGERS THATS ONLY GOTS TWO WHEELS!
      03-07-2011 11:31 PM #7729
      I feel favorably about photographs.

Disclaimer:all grammatical errors intentional; all insults facetious... unless you deserve it.

Vehicles
      03-08-2011 02:03 AM #7730

any more info or pics of where you found this ???

Vehicles
      A FEW OF THEM NEWFANGLED MOTORBIKEY THINGERS THATS ONLY GOTS TWO WHEELS!
      03-08-2011 02:16 AM #7731
      Those are BMW X5 wheels.
      Fronts: 19 x 9j Et 48 - H&R adaptors 30mm - Final Offset of 18 - Falken FK452 215.35.19

Rears: 19 x 10j Et 45 - H&R adaptors 20mm - Final Offset of 25 - Wanli 225.35.19
      Found here:http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-wheels!/page3

Moar?
      I think so.

Vehicles
      VRTits 01 metallic beige
      03-08-2011 02:52 AM #7732
      Euro GTI VR6 Turbo on bags?? Moar moar motor pics... smoked ecodes are (.Y.)s.

So axels are back on down pipe is almost done... Tip is in the polishing stage. Hopefully mount the core and start doing the IC piping this weekend then crank that beesh up and break her in...

Vehicles
      03-08-2011 11:15 AM #7733
      Hmm, Well since i have also owned dubs for about 10 years(not a great deal of time i know). i can say that i have done my fair share of wrenching. i owned an 86 coupe which i overhauled my self when i was 16, 84 rabbit gti which i also rebuilt(helped a buddy overhaul another 84), i have owned 4 mk4's 2000 gti 2003 gti 2003 20th, and now my 2004 GLI. i have helped all my friends with there dubs.
      Edit: Thank god for the internet. Because even if there was no one around to create a vw scene, i would still be able to get information, to repair, and enjoy my VW's

well you know what I can respect the fact that you work on your cars. all I ask is you show more respect then to call someone a Dbag! that's uncalled for. with that being said I dont dislike you as a person and yes everyone is entitled to there own opinion, but do it in a respectful manor

this has gotten way out of hand

I apologize to anyone that may have taken offense to me trying to back up a shop that I frequent for advise and work on my car. please take note that nothing that was said was meant in malice or disrespect.

I have already agreed to disagree on this subject

Lets move forward and try to heal these wounds....... with a cruise!!
      then I can give everyone a hug

List:
      Noah
      Al
      Zach
      Frank
      Julian

View Larger Map
      Last edited by dubrally; 03-08-2011 at 04:16 PM.
      VRSOCIETY # 204

34. Member
      Vehicles
      '01 S4, '03 540i
      03-08-2011 11:50 AM #7734
      put me on the list Noah

Vehicles
      German vehicles.
      03-08-2011 05:58 PM #7735
      I won't be making the next cruise.

Page 221 of 294 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271 ... LastLast