Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: HELP, Which Shift Solenoid for code P0768, Shift Solenoid D, trans out..

1. 12-02-2008 01:39 PM #1
      HELP,

I am helping swap out the engine for a 2000 bug. The engine and trans are both out. Last code before apart was P0768, I would like to replace the transmission solenoid D, I found Sonnax PN: 11995201(shift solenoid) and PN: 11995401(EPC solenoid).. Has anyone replaced this solenoid and is the shift solenoid the right P/N, should I replace others also??.. An illustration would be useful also.

Thanks,

Bill

2. 12-02-2008 09:24 PM #2
      is yours the 01M transmission? if socheck this thread, it gives you the readings so you can check the solenoids, & the shift power ribbon.
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/zer...age=2

Vehicles
      02 GTI 1.8t
      12-09-2008 08:18 PM #3
      what I wanna know is why that guy put red transmission fluid in his 01m ag4 automatic transmission lol...
      the car is on an inclined driveway and up on jack stands in the front only
      02 GTI 1.8t:> 42DD 3" turboback, BFI full stg1 mount kit, Evoms CAI, Forge boost hoses, Tacotaco sidemount, Ebay TIP, IE 2.0 coil conversion, IE manual tensioner, 20th front brake conversion, IE emissions delete, 42dd catch can, Koni STR.t & WRD sport springs, Samco Coolant hoses, SMF vr6 clutch kit.

Vehicles
      85 Jetta TD sold 2001 Jetta Tdi, 2000 Jetta Tdi
      12-10-2008 06:50 PM #4
      Quote, originally posted by Slimjimmn »
      what I wanna know is why that guy put red transmission fluid in his 01m ag4 automatic transmission lol...

Valvoline claims their Mercon V oil is compatable with VW oil , so they are trying mercon v.

Auto trans fluid change or flush will not make a trans fail. Stop spreading the wives tale/urban myth.
      ASE Master Certified Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Rating Recently passed ASE certification for Light Diesel repair.
      www.KansasCityTdi.com