Quote, originally posted by jonbaker » to expand...
MKIII Display diagnostics how to...
1. Turn your key to the on position (do not start the car).
I waited until all the lights and beeping calmed down and the gas gauge registed
2. Push down the trip computer button
3. Turn the key off while still holding the trip button down
Again I waited until all the lights stopped and the gas gauge went back to "E"
4. With the button still supressed, start the car.
5. Release the button and cycle through the different functions.
Mine reset to regualr speedo/trip functions the next time I started the car.
I don't know what all the functions do I put the what my car read out below.
Hopefully somebody who knows will post and tell us what everything is reading out.
Function = Read out
1 = 6214 (no idea what this is)
2 = 4 (no idea what this is)
3 = 31470 (for some reason I have seen this number before, maybe on my ECU)
4 = 6
5 = Lights all the LCDs in the gauge to see that they work
6 = 0 (this counts either distance or revolution of front axles. not sure)
7 = Digital tackometer (also plays with your feul gauge)
8 = Trip counter
the display will reset after you turn off your car...