Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 429 of 542 FirstFirst ... 329379419425426427428429430431432433439479529 ... LastLast
    Results 14,981 to 15,015 of 18967

    Thread: Offical Davis County Dubber Tread

    1. Member beyondkustom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 9th, 2006
      Posts
      4,773
      Vehicles
      bugeye wrx, 16v 'rado, s14, b3 wagon
      04-20-2012 02:08 PM #14981
      Quote Originally Posted by stkshftgti View Post
      I brought a coffee maker to work and brew some grounds in the morning, waaaay cheaper than Starbucks and I get more coffee. Win win.
      EXACTLY!!!!!!
      Quote Originally Posted by uncle_scott View Post
      Sweet car Eli!
      f**king 4x4 status though
      XstraightedgeX
      DCDubs
      Quote Originally Posted by uncle_scott View Post

      I love how projects spin horribly out of control.

    2. Junior Member Big Rat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 27th, 2012
      Location
      The sticks, Utah
      Posts
      39
      Vehicles
      06 Jetta TDi, 70 Chevy Nova, 69 Chevy C20
      04-20-2012 02:08 PM #14982
      You guys ever tried Gevalia? I'm not a coffee connoisseur like present company but I don't think it's too bad. Plus brew at home means money saved.

    3. Member stkshftgti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 11th, 2005
      Location
      Uintah
      Posts
      4,911
      Vehicles
      2003 Audi A4 2.0L GT30R / MK1 GTI 1.8T
      04-20-2012 02:17 PM #14983
      Not buying Starbucks coffee is about to get more difficult with summer around the corner... Starbucks ice coffee is soooooo good, and cannot be replicated or improved.
      -Tyler-
      IntegratedEngineering - Bulletproof your engine.
      DCdubs fanboi
      /GT3076R/2.0L STROKER/IE CAMMED AEB

    4. Member beyondkustom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 9th, 2006
      Posts
      4,773
      Vehicles
      bugeye wrx, 16v 'rado, s14, b3 wagon
      04-20-2012 02:17 PM #14984
      Quote Originally Posted by Big Rat View Post
      You guys ever tried Gevalia? I'm not a coffee connoisseur like present company but I don't think it's too bad. Plus brew at home means money saved.
      gevalia is good. i'm not a coffee connoisseur either (i have maybe four or five cups of coffee a year tops), but when i drink it, i want it to be good. my mom is quite the coffee snob, and always has quite a few flavors of good coffee at her house, usually gevalia too. but yeah, home brew is about a gazilliion times cheaper than starbucks. i'm morally opposed to starbucks anyway, i would give my money to a local, independent coffee shop WAY before i'd pay starbucks $5 for something i can make at home for $0.75...
      XstraightedgeX
      DCDubs
      Quote Originally Posted by uncle_scott View Post

      I love how projects spin horribly out of control.

    5. Member stkshftgti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 11th, 2005
      Location
      Uintah
      Posts
      4,911
      Vehicles
      2003 Audi A4 2.0L GT30R / MK1 GTI 1.8T
      04-20-2012 02:37 PM #14985
      Quote Originally Posted by beyondkustom View Post
      gevalia is good. i'm not a coffee connoisseur either (i have maybe four or five cups of coffee a year tops), but when i drink it, i want it to be good. my mom is quite the coffee snob, and always has quite a few flavors of good coffee at her house, usually gevalia too. but yeah, home brew is about a gazilliion times cheaper than starbucks. i'm morally opposed to starbucks anyway, i would give my money to a local, independent coffee shop WAY before i'd pay starbucks $5 for something i can make at home for $0.75...
      I would rather support local as well, but I have yet to find a good local Utah coffee shop that can make a Venti ice coffee, 1/2 & 1/2 light ice, with vanilla that taste anywhere as good as SB. Its a simple coffee, but damn SB throws it down. That coffee is 3.18, House of Brews charged me 5.66 for the same coffee last meet and it was so watered down that I must have paid 4.00 in water.
      -Tyler-
      IntegratedEngineering - Bulletproof your engine.
      DCdubs fanboi
      /GT3076R/2.0L STROKER/IE CAMMED AEB

    6. Member beyondkustom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 9th, 2006
      Posts
      4,773
      Vehicles
      bugeye wrx, 16v 'rado, s14, b3 wagon
      04-20-2012 02:44 PM #14986
      that's that imported italian water
      XstraightedgeX
      DCDubs
      Quote Originally Posted by uncle_scott View Post

      I love how projects spin horribly out of control.

    7. Member beyondkustom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 9th, 2006
      Posts
      4,773
      Vehicles
      bugeye wrx, 16v 'rado, s14, b3 wagon
      04-20-2012 05:33 PM #14987
      i know most of you guys (ok, basically everyone on here except me) hates hondas, but i like this car. i'm WAY happier with it than i was that stupid piece of **** jetta... the civic is faster, more reliable, and even with a built high compression motor, way better on gas (27.5 mpg all city driving so far, & it's not even tuned yet). so i like it & i hope you guys won't hate on me too much, i promise i'll park away from everyone at the meets

      i still have the corrado, & i'm STILL trying to get the title so i can register the A4, so believe me, i'm not going over to the dark side...i don't even like honda kids!! and don't worry, there will NEVER be a body kit, "euro" lights, etc anywhere near my car. i actually think the 17's that are on it now are too big for it, gonna put on my 15" ronal r8's when i pick up a couple tires, & going to crank the coilovers down a little more on sunday too (after driving the jetta so long, this thing is WAY too high!).

      so, hate away, but i'm keeping my civic & you will be seeing it around
      XstraightedgeX
      DCDubs
      Quote Originally Posted by uncle_scott View Post

      I love how projects spin horribly out of control.

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2010
      Location
      SL,UT
      Posts
      1,648
      Vehicles
      00' GLX VR6 GTI (rip) 90' Golf ABA <3
      04-20-2012 05:51 PM #14988
      im not hating! I love that those wheels look awesome on it, so im happy
      Quote Originally Posted by VDub2625 View Post
      This forum is so littered with VR6 swap threads that, statistically, one of your 26 posts should have already been in one.
      Quote Originally Posted by stkshftgti View Post
      This shouldn't be funny, it really really shouldn't.... it is, but it should not be.

      I'm too ehstupid to make up my own mind!

    9. Member stkshftgti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 11th, 2005
      Location
      Uintah
      Posts
      4,911
      Vehicles
      2003 Audi A4 2.0L GT30R / MK1 GTI 1.8T
      04-20-2012 05:56 PM #14989
      That car is way too loud.
      -Tyler-
      IntegratedEngineering - Bulletproof your engine.
      DCdubs fanboi
      /GT3076R/2.0L STROKER/IE CAMMED AEB

    10. Member beyondkustom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 9th, 2006
      Posts
      4,773
      Vehicles
      bugeye wrx, 16v 'rado, s14, b3 wagon
      04-20-2012 05:57 PM #14990
      Quote Originally Posted by mor3deadmau5 View Post
      im not hating! I love that those wheels look awesome on it, so im happy
      they do seem to "fit" on there. at first i only threw them on there because they were the only matching set of 4x100 wheels i had with good tires, but the look is growing on me i guess. still looking for the "right" wheels for it too. gonna strip off the flat black, go back to the oem metallic green (paint looks like it's still mostly good under the spray paint), shave the rear spoiler, & finish removing the ghetto tint already took the tint off of the rear quarter windows, looks 100% better!!
      XstraightedgeX
      DCDubs
      Quote Originally Posted by uncle_scott View Post

      I love how projects spin horribly out of control.

    11. Member beyondkustom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 9th, 2006
      Posts
      4,773
      Vehicles
      bugeye wrx, 16v 'rado, s14, b3 wagon
      04-20-2012 05:59 PM #14991
      Quote Originally Posted by stkshftgti View Post
      That car is way too loud.
      only because kevin broke my exhaust

      it's fixed now, the right way. going to change to the vibrant muffler i had on my jetta to tone it down a little more & get rid of the huge cannon of a muffler it has now. it doesn't have the obnoxious BRAAAAAAAP that most hondas have, THANK GOD!!
      XstraightedgeX
      DCDubs
      Quote Originally Posted by uncle_scott View Post

      I love how projects spin horribly out of control.

    12. Member David802's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 23rd, 2011
      Location
      SLuT
      Posts
      2,694
      Vehicles
      01 Jetta VR6, 71 Type 1.
      04-20-2012 06:50 PM #14992
      Quote Originally Posted by uncle_scott View Post
      I think everyone might just be a little harsh on Parker.

      The Boxster issue that Kevin was talking about is the IMS failure on the early cars. Most of them have either blown up and had the engine replaced by now, or they were the later batch that weren't as prone to catastrophic engine failure with no warning.

      I would own a Boxster for sure...but then again...I would own about anything for 6 months.
      Good to know about the shaft failure, I'd not heard about that. I would own a boxster as well but mainly because I want to try paint correction on any Porsche but would rather not **** up the paint on a 30k car.

      Quote Originally Posted by beyondkustom View Post
      i hear the porn industry offers a significant pay benefit as well
      Yeah but most of that extra money is used to pay for scope and tooth paste.

      Quote Originally Posted by DarkSideGTI View Post
      Porsche's have their motors behind the rear axles.
      Real porsche's are also owned by 40 year old balding men going through a mid-life crisis.

      Quote Originally Posted by dOWa242 View Post
      I used to do the $5 $10 a day coffee thing too. It does add up!

      Now if I could just get rid of my $150 a month storage unit. LOL What a waste. I could lease a new Jetta for that!
      Cause that's what you need... Another car.

      Quote Originally Posted by Big Rat View Post
      You guys ever tried Gevalia? I'm not a coffee connoisseur like present company but I don't think it's too bad. Plus brew at home means money saved.
      I'm not a coffee drinker either. I've never heard of Gevalia, what is it?

      Quote Originally Posted by beyondkustom View Post
      i know most of you guys (ok, basically everyone on here except me) hates hondas, but i like this car. i'm WAY happier with it than i was that stupid piece of **** jetta... the civic is faster, more reliable, and even with a built high compression motor, way better on gas (27.5 mpg all city driving so far, & it's not even tuned yet). so i like it & i hope you guys won't hate on me too much, i promise i'll park away from everyone at the meets

      i still have the corrado, & i'm STILL trying to get the title so i can register the A4, so believe me, i'm not going over to the dark side...i don't even like honda kids!! and don't worry, there will NEVER be a body kit, "euro" lights, etc anywhere near my car. i actually think the 17's that are on it now are too big for it, gonna put on my 15" ronal r8's when i pick up a couple tires, & going to crank the coilovers down a little more on sunday too (after driving the jetta so long, this thing is WAY too high!).

      so, hate away, but i'm keeping my civic & you will be seeing it around
      I hate any car that looks poorly taken care of. That care doesn't so I like it. You can park next to my junk pile. I'll leave my car running and we can tell everyone it's your honda.

    13. Member CISinjected's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 31st, 2007
      Location
      Syracuse, UT
      Posts
      1,212
      Vehicles
      '04 .:R32 '98 GTI 2.0 '03 GLX Passat Wagon, '88 Cabbriolet
      04-20-2012 06:52 PM #14993
      You don't like Ground for Coffee Tyler? I prefer an iced Americano, they have really good espresso. They do iced coffee too I think. The vanilla is fairly good quality, but the whipped cream and soda water are both made in house so if you get coffee with whipped cream or an Italian cream soda they are completely bomb.

      I can only stand buying maybe 2 nice coffee drinks a week. If I don't make it I'll happily settle for some 711 or Maverick's coffee.

    14. Member CISinjected's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 31st, 2007
      Location
      Syracuse, UT
      Posts
      1,212
      Vehicles
      '04 .:R32 '98 GTI 2.0 '03 GLX Passat Wagon, '88 Cabbriolet
      04-20-2012 06:54 PM #14994
      Quote Originally Posted by David802 View Post


      Real porsche's are also owned by 40 year old balding men going through a mid-life crisis.

      Well 2 outta 3. Guess I just need to turn 40.

    15. Member uncle_scott's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 12th, 2009
      Location
      Layton, UT
      Posts
      3,408
      Vehicles
      MK6, Tacoma
      04-20-2012 07:20 PM #14995
      Quote Originally Posted by CISinjected View Post
      Well 2 outta 3. Guess I just need to turn 40.
      I am right there with you buddy. I exhibit just the right amount of hair to be a Porsche owner. None.
      DCDubs - We are still a car club...right?
      IntegratedEngineering - Honest People - Honest Pricing - Amazing Service
      Quote Originally Posted by that1guydotcom View Post
      scott is going light weight on everything he even trimmed the beard
      Quote Originally Posted by Adam144 View Post
      I don't think there's anything responsible at all about owning a Porsche. That's like being responsible about a cocaine habit.

    16. Member David802's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 23rd, 2011
      Location
      SLuT
      Posts
      2,694
      Vehicles
      01 Jetta VR6, 71 Type 1.
      04-20-2012 07:22 PM #14996
      Quote Originally Posted by CISinjected View Post
      Well 2 outta 3. Guess I just need to turn 40.
      I didn't say you had to fit those characteristics to own a Porsche. It just helps.

    17. Junior Member JohnsJti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 20th, 2010
      Location
      davis county
      Posts
      37
      Vehicles
      04' JTI
      04-20-2012 08:39 PM #14997
      I am 29 bald and still think i am a kid. Guess i should buy a Porsche

    18. Member David802's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 23rd, 2011
      Location
      SLuT
      Posts
      2,694
      Vehicles
      01 Jetta VR6, 71 Type 1.
      04-20-2012 08:45 PM #14998
      Quote Originally Posted by JohnsJti View Post
      I am 29 bald and still think i am a kid. Guess i should buy a Porsche
      I'm 22 going on 12 although I have awesome hair. Guess I can't have a Porsche.

    19. Member MK1 Rabbit Diesel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 24th, 2010
      Location
      East Bountiful, UT
      Posts
      368
      Vehicles
      Outback, MR2 Turbo
      04-20-2012 09:07 PM #14999
      Quote Originally Posted by beyondkustom View Post
      does sunday work?
      Works for me. I'll PM you my number.
      -Brendan

    20. Member beyondkustom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 9th, 2006
      Posts
      4,773
      Vehicles
      bugeye wrx, 16v 'rado, s14, b3 wagon
      04-21-2012 02:11 AM #15000
      Quote Originally Posted by David802 View Post
      I hate any car that looks poorly taken care of. That care doesn't so I like it. You can park next to my junk pile. I'll leave my car running and we can tell everyone it's your honda.
      oh man, you should have seen it when i first got it, it was definitely NOT taken care of. i've been working on it & cleaning it up, it'll be decent someday.
      XstraightedgeX
      DCDubs
      Quote Originally Posted by uncle_scott View Post

      I love how projects spin horribly out of control.

    21. Member that1guydotcom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 5th, 2007
      Location
      Its too cold in Utah
      Posts
      5,062
      Vehicles
      wagons and hatches
      04-21-2012 11:21 AM #15001
      Quote Originally Posted by beyondkustom View Post
      oh man, you should have seen it when i first got it, it was definitely NOT taken care of. i've been working on it & cleaning it up, it'll be decent someday.
      Why do you spray paint all your cars?

      Why don't you quit buying cars use the money to have a drivable corrado?

      Would you paint the corrado flat black?

      Why does selling it make sense to everyone but you?
      "alright thanks, hey seems like your famous on here... do you work for the vortex?" -JamasianRasta

    22. Member beyondkustom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 9th, 2006
      Posts
      4,773
      Vehicles
      bugeye wrx, 16v 'rado, s14, b3 wagon
      04-21-2012 12:37 PM #15002
      Quote Originally Posted by that1guydotcom View Post
      Why do you spray paint all your cars?

      Why don't you quit buying cars use the money to have a drivable corrado?

      Would you paint the corrado flat black?

      Why does selling it make sense to everyone but you?
      i don't spray paint all my cars. i'm not spray painting the a4, & i didn't spray paint this one. in fact, i'm going to strip the flat black off & bring it back to the oem green.

      the corrado will never be a daily, it's only a toy. i can't fit all of my kids in it, & since parts for it are so hard to find, i don't want to risk having anything happen to it. it's just going to be a "fun" car/weekend cruiser.

      no, i will never paint the corrado flat black. it looks perfect red, so it's staying red.

      why are you so obsessed with me selling my corrado? it's my car, and i don't want to sell it. i don't care if you think it makes sense, or if it makes sense to "everyone" for me to sell it, i've wanted one since i first saw one in 1996, now i have one, & i'm not going to sell it. period.
      XstraightedgeX
      DCDubs
      Quote Originally Posted by uncle_scott View Post

      I love how projects spin horribly out of control.

    23. Junior Member Big Rat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 27th, 2012
      Location
      The sticks, Utah
      Posts
      39
      Vehicles
      06 Jetta TDi, 70 Chevy Nova, 69 Chevy C20
      04-21-2012 01:02 PM #15003
      Quote Originally Posted by beyondkustom View Post
      i know most of you guys (ok, basically everyone on here except me) hates hondas,

      i actually think the 17's that are on it now are too big for it, gonna put on my 15" ronal r8's when i pick up a couple tires, & going to crank the coilovers down a little more on sunday too (after driving the jetta so long, this thing is WAY too high!).

      so, hate away, but i'm keeping my civic & you will be seeing it around
      Honestly I am a old school V8 guy but unlike a lot of V8 guys, I have respect for good 'ol four bangers. I had an Evo not too long ago and I miss the hell out of my car! I don't necessarily hate hondas, I think it's more of the saturation of the kids with the intake and can mods that "runs nines!" They have no concept of speed vs distance in the 1320 stretch. We all have similar goals and interests, it's just the platform we choose that varies. I think your Honda looks pretty good with those wheels IMO.

      Quote Originally Posted by David802 View Post
      I'm not a coffee drinker either. I've never heard of Gevalia, what is it?
      It is a mail order coffee I received an offer for in the mail bribing me by way of a free coffee maker. I think you can still get the offer on their website. I don't drink a lot of coffee either but my wife does and we both love it. They have a lot of different roasts and flavors. I actually saw Walmart selling it lately. I'm sure Walmart will discontinue it soon as they do everything else that is rare and any good!

      Oh and just so y'all know I get to lay on the couch all weekend with a bag of peas on the jewels while gobbling pain pills! Lets see who can guess why...

    24. Member uncle_scott's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 12th, 2009
      Location
      Layton, UT
      Posts
      3,408
      Vehicles
      MK6, Tacoma
      04-21-2012 01:07 PM #15004
      Quote Originally Posted by beyondkustom View Post
      i've wanted one since i first saw one in 1996, now i have one, & i'm not going to sell it. period.
      Well said.
      DCDubs - We are still a car club...right?
      IntegratedEngineering - Honest People - Honest Pricing - Amazing Service
      Quote Originally Posted by that1guydotcom View Post
      scott is going light weight on everything he even trimmed the beard
      Quote Originally Posted by Adam144 View Post
      I don't think there's anything responsible at all about owning a Porsche. That's like being responsible about a cocaine habit.

    25. Member stkshftgti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 11th, 2005
      Location
      Uintah
      Posts
      4,911
      Vehicles
      2003 Audi A4 2.0L GT30R / MK1 GTI 1.8T
      04-21-2012 01:49 PM #15005
      Quote Originally Posted by uncle_scott View Post
      Well said.
      What would you know about not selling cars?
      -Tyler-
      IntegratedEngineering - Bulletproof your engine.
      DCdubs fanboi
      /GT3076R/2.0L STROKER/IE CAMMED AEB

    26. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 16th, 2012
      Location
      Ogden, Utah
      Posts
      163
      Vehicles
      2003 b6 a4 3.0 black
      04-21-2012 02:00 PM #15006
      ^^ Well said Tyler.


      Quote Originally Posted by Big Rat View Post
      Oh and just so y'all know I get to lay on the couch all weekend with a bag of peas on the jewels while gobbling pain pills! Lets see who can guess why...
      Im just gonna throw this out there cuz it happened to me thursday I was playing with my friends boxer and he literally punched me in the balls. (The dog not my friend.) Is that what happened?

    27. Member uncle_scott's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 12th, 2009
      Location
      Layton, UT
      Posts
      3,408
      Vehicles
      MK6, Tacoma
      04-21-2012 02:04 PM #15007
      Quote Originally Posted by stkshftgti View Post
      What would you know about not selling cars?
      I just support Eli in keeping a car that he wants to keep. Just like I support you for building three motors for one car, and Kevin for putting 10 sets of wheels on any car...to each their own.
      DCDubs - We are still a car club...right?
      IntegratedEngineering - Honest People - Honest Pricing - Amazing Service
      Quote Originally Posted by that1guydotcom View Post
      scott is going light weight on everything he even trimmed the beard
      Quote Originally Posted by Adam144 View Post
      I don't think there's anything responsible at all about owning a Porsche. That's like being responsible about a cocaine habit.

    28. Junior Member Big Rat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 27th, 2012
      Location
      The sticks, Utah
      Posts
      39
      Vehicles
      06 Jetta TDi, 70 Chevy Nova, 69 Chevy C20
      04-21-2012 02:37 PM #15008
      Quote Originally Posted by nsprosty View Post
      Im just gonna throw this out there cuz it happened to me thursday I was playing with my friends boxer and he literally punched me in the balls. (The dog not my friend.) Is that what happened?
      Ha Ha dogs are so tricky! I wish I had a cool story like that! Snip snip for me! I figured four kids is enough! Any more and I'd have to buy a mini van!!!

    29. Member beyondkustom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 9th, 2006
      Posts
      4,773
      Vehicles
      bugeye wrx, 16v 'rado, s14, b3 wagon
      04-21-2012 02:55 PM #15009
      Quote Originally Posted by uncle_scott View Post
      I just support Eli in keeping a car that he wants to keep. Just like I support you for building three motors for one car, and Kevin for putting 10 sets of wheels on any car...to each their own.
      agreed. we all have our own "habits" that make sense to us, but probably not to anyone else. i tease & joke about them too, (when i register the corrado, i want to get the license plate "myth" because nobody believes it really exists ),but i support all of you guys in your automotive "adventures" too. but since the vast majority of us go through cars more often than normal people go through socks, i thought it would be nice if one of us could actually hang onto a car. besides, i've always heard stories of people keeping cars long enough to hand down to their kids, and my 10yo always says how much he loves that car & hopes i never sell it...

      Quote Originally Posted by Big Rat View Post
      Ha Ha dogs are so tricky! I wish I had a cool story like that! Snip snip for me! I figured four kids is enough! Any more and I'd have to buy a mini van!!!
      exact same reason i want to get snipped! i am NOT going to drive a minivan EVER!!!

      although a vw routan bagged on rs's might be ok...
      Last edited by beyondkustom; 04-21-2012 at 03:01 PM.
      XstraightedgeX
      DCDubs
      Quote Originally Posted by uncle_scott View Post

      I love how projects spin horribly out of control.

    30. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 9th, 2009
      Location
      Salt Lake City, Utah
      Posts
      11,210
      04-21-2012 03:12 PM #15010
      What am I doing?


    31. Member beyondkustom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 9th, 2006
      Posts
      4,773
      Vehicles
      bugeye wrx, 16v 'rado, s14, b3 wagon
      04-21-2012 03:20 PM #15011
      Quote Originally Posted by 01 View Post
      What am I doing?
      taking pictures of an engine bay?
      XstraightedgeX
      DCDubs
      Quote Originally Posted by uncle_scott View Post

      I love how projects spin horribly out of control.

    32. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 9th, 2009
      Location
      Salt Lake City, Utah
      Posts
      11,210
      04-21-2012 03:30 PM #15012
      Quote Originally Posted by beyondkustom View Post
      taking pictures of an engine bay?
      Upgrading.


    33. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 26th, 2010
      Location
      SL,UT
      Posts
      1,648
      Vehicles
      00' GLX VR6 GTI (rip) 90' Golf ABA <3
      04-21-2012 04:30 PM #15013
      Im not with kevin on the selling it part, but you say you dont have alot left to do on the car right?
      If it was supposed to be a weekend toy, i would be driving it on the weekends!
      Quote Originally Posted by VDub2625 View Post
      This forum is so littered with VR6 swap threads that, statistically, one of your 26 posts should have already been in one.
      Quote Originally Posted by stkshftgti View Post
      This shouldn't be funny, it really really shouldn't.... it is, but it should not be.

      I'm too ehstupid to make up my own mind!

    34. Member David802's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 23rd, 2011
      Location
      SLuT
      Posts
      2,694
      Vehicles
      01 Jetta VR6, 71 Type 1.
      04-21-2012 05:29 PM #15014
      Quote Originally Posted by beyondkustom View Post
      oh man, you should have seen it when i first got it, it was definitely NOT taken care of. i've been working on it & cleaning it up, it'll be decent someday.
      It looks good. GL stripping the flat black off of it. It took me days to do the same thing to my bug and I didn't have much to do. PO got stoned and gave it black polka-dots.

      Quote Originally Posted by beyondkustom View Post
      i don't spray paint all my cars. i'm not spray painting the a4, & i didn't spray paint this one. in fact, i'm going to strip the flat black off & bring it back to the oem green.

      the corrado will never be a daily, it's only a toy. i can't fit all of my kids in it, & since parts for it are so hard to find, i don't want to risk having anything happen to it. it's just going to be a "fun" car/weekend cruiser.

      no, i will never paint the corrado flat black. it looks perfect red, so it's staying red.

      why are you so obsessed with me selling my corrado? it's my car, and i don't want to sell it. i don't care if you think it makes sense, or if it makes sense to "everyone" for me to sell it, i've wanted one since i first saw one in 1996, now i have one, & i'm not going to sell it. period.
      Bravo!

      Quote Originally Posted by Big Rat View Post
      It is a mail order coffee I received an offer for in the mail bribing me by way of a free coffee maker. I think you can still get the offer on their website. I don't drink a lot of coffee either but my wife does and we both love it. They have a lot of different roasts and flavors. I actually saw Walmart selling it lately. I'm sure Walmart will discontinue it soon as they do everything else that is rare and any good!

      Oh and just so y'all know I get to lay on the couch all weekend with a bag of peas on the jewels while gobbling pain pills! Lets see who can guess why...
      This coffee maker?



      I read your post and was reminded of something similar my dad did last year he got a coffee maker just like the one in this pic.

      Quote Originally Posted by Big Rat View Post
      Ha Ha dogs are so tricky! I wish I had a cool story like that! Snip snip for me! I figured four kids is enough! Any more and I'd have to buy a mini van!!!
      Get a slammed VW bus and pack the kids in like cord wood.

      Quote Originally Posted by 01 View Post
      What am I doing?

      Sex with the exhaust manifold? Every exit is also an entrance.

    35. Member beyondkustom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 9th, 2006
      Posts
      4,773
      Vehicles
      bugeye wrx, 16v 'rado, s14, b3 wagon
      04-21-2012 05:47 PM #15015
      Quote Originally Posted by mor3deadmau5 View Post
      Im not with kevin on the selling it part, but you say you dont have alot left to do on the car right?
      If it was supposed to be a weekend toy, i would be driving it on the weekends!
      lately it's been a time & money issue. having a reliable daily is more important than working on a weekend toy
      but all the tools & corrado will be in my garage soon so progress can resume again!!! yay!!!
      XstraightedgeX
      DCDubs
      Quote Originally Posted by uncle_scott View Post

      I love how projects spin horribly out of control.

    Page 429 of 542 FirstFirst ... 329379419425426427428429430431432433439479529 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •