As requested...but quick and dirty!
1) If you don’t have a VAG-COM, you should disconnect the Ground connection to your battery to prevent the AirBag error light from staying on.
2) Put seat as far back as possible
3) Remove 2 front bolts using triple square (size to be posted once checked again)
4) Put seat as far front as possible
5) Remove 2 rear seat rail covers. Remove 2 rear bolts using triple square
6) Disconnect connectors on front side of seat
7) Remove seats.
1) Remove rear seat bench. One side at a time, pull up on the front of the seat, then push the seat bottom towards the rear, unlatching it from the rear hooks.
2) From hatch, remove floor cover, exposing a black plastic cover in between both seats. This cover is pretty hard to remove. You want to try and slide your finger, or some object, under the bottom and pry outwards to the sides gently. If this breaks, you won't die...its just a cover, not a necessity except for looks.
3) Once cover is off, remove the screw and a securing clip.
4) Lift the seat back out of the center mount and pull the back towards the center of the car, removing it from a pin hole.
5) When removing the larger seat backing, there will be a bolt holding the center seat belt down. Remove that.
Tightening torques: For the center bolt under plastic cap, its 15 Nm. For the seat belt bolts, its 55 Nm.
Pics can be taken upon request.
Modified by krazyboi at 9:59 AM 4/1/2009
Modified by krazyboi at 10:06 AM 4/1/2009