Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 2006 Jetta Fuse Box

Vehicles
      2006 VW Jetta 2.5
      12-22-2008 11:09 AM #1
      I have noticed that my 2006 Jetta's fuse box doesn't match what is in the manual nor the Jetta/Golf MK5 fuse document. Could someone verify my fuses are in the correct location based on the picture below? I have fuses in positions that are marked as "not used" or missing completely ex Fuse 5.

Thanks,
      Dan

Vehicles
      2006 VW Jetta 2.5
      12-23-2008 09:45 PM #2
      Will the beginning of my VIN help? 3VWPG81K16M.

I am trying to troubleshoot why my rear defrogger has stopped functioning. I have checked the fuse with a multimeter for continuity. I have also checked the fuse slot to make sure I get 12V from it. I do not get 12V at rear of the car when I engage the defogger (the defogger button lights up yellow as it should). If I recall, I used to hear a "click" from behind the dash when I pushed the defogger button which I do not hear now. Is there a relay hidden somewhere in the dash?

Dan

Vehicles
      Corellian Engineering Corporation CC-9600 Frigate
      12-24-2008 12:48 AM #3
      Is there no universal comprehensive fuse map? I don't understand why they couldn't have labeled all of the slots in the manual. Two weeks ago, my aux power outlets stopped feeding power and at first I couldn't figure out what was wrong. The fuse labeled in the manual as powering the aux jacks was fine. Its was only after pulling almost every fuse in the box did I find that there is a fuse on the bottom row that evidently supports the aux jacks that was burned out. Nowhere in the manual was this mentioned. Silly VW.
      Novel-sized responses™
      Ein Prosit, ein Prosit, der Gemütlichkeit!
      Schenkt ein, trinkt aus, schenkt ein, trinkt aus!

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2005.5 MKV TDI
      12-24-2008 06:15 AM #4
      Quote, originally posted by peachypotpies »
      Is there no universal comprehensive fuse map? I don't understand why they couldn't have labeled all of the slots in the manual. Two weeks ago, my aux power outlets stopped feeding power and at first I couldn't figure out what was wrong. The fuse labeled in the manual as powering the aux jacks was fine. Its was only after pulling almost every fuse in the box did I find that there is a fuse on the bottom row that evidently supports the aux jacks that was burned out. Nowhere in the manual was this mentioned. Silly VW.

No, there is no continuity from one production run to another on Fuse Assignments.
      If I tell you that Fuse C12 is for Auto Headlights/Headlights on my car, you may find that your car has the Headlight Circuit on C10 (just an example).
      The MKV 2006 most likely has 4 different Fuse Maps, and, of course, the Owner's Manual won't show all of them.

Modified by Tim Birney at 6:16 AM 12-24-2008

Rain Closing Windows, goF raeR, Aspherical Mirrors, Remote Windows, Amber Club

Vehicles
      2006 VW Jetta 2.5
      12-24-2008 06:59 AM #5
      Thanks for the info. I will try to see if I can determine if the switch went bad. I know I could just get it fixed under warranty but I do not like the quality of work my local dealer does.

If they change the fuse assignments with each run how does the dealer know what is what? Does VW publish a new tech doc on the fuse panels?

Dan

Edit:

I found there is a relay under the dash. I will check it tonight.

Modified by grink at 5:40 AM 12-24-2008

Modified by grink at 5:44 AM 12-24-2008

Vehicles
      2006 Volkswagen Jetta 2004 Ford Escape
      12-24-2008 11:04 AM #6
      I haven't looked on the MkV but I know some cars have a sticker attached to the fuse door with a map.