Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 193 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: what grinds your gears at the gym?

Vehicles
      12-23-2008 11:10 AM #26
      Quote, originally posted by GT Eye »
      What's with the guys who stare at me while I do bicep curls in the squat rack? It makes me feel uncomfortable.

yeah, i get some weird looks when i take cell phone pics in the locker room. not sure why.

2. Banned
      12-23-2008 11:20 AM #27
      Quote, originally posted by kimlin85 »
      yeah, i get some weird looks when i take cell phone pics in the locker room. not sure why.

i wonder if it has anything to do with you being in the guys' locker room.. ?

Vehicles
      12-23-2008 11:23 AM #28
      Quote, originally posted by thompo »
      i wonder if it has anything to do with you being in the guys' locker room.. ?

LOL! unfortunately the locker rooms have a private changing area so i've yet to see anything good.
      edit: i was looking for you, thats why i was in there. duh.

Vehicles
      98 cabrio VR6
      12-23-2008 11:58 AM #29
      what really grinds my gears is walking into the gym ready to get **** done only to find weights, yoga balls, mats, belts, and whateverthe****else just ****ing left out and lying around the floor or the rack.
      people that don't clean up after themselves piss me off to no end... worse than anything else really.
      on top of the people who don't clean up after themselves, what makes it even worse is that the management at this club doesn't clean up after them either.

Vehicles
      2013 GTi, 2006 GTi, 2012 GMC Terrain
      12-23-2008 12:01 PM #30
      the people that don't wipe their nasty sweat off of the equipment they just used...

[IMG]http://******************/vomit-smiley-28.gif[/IMG]
      Any woman who thinks the way to a man's heart is through his stomach is aiming about 10 inches too high.
      ~Adrienne E. Gusoff

Standard Fire Sprinklers

Vehicles
      B7 3.6 SEL & QX56
      12-23-2008 12:16 PM #31
      is it that hard to put the weights where they belong? it bugs the crap out of me to see 45s or 35s hung on the uppermost rack in front of the smaller weights. so much so that i have to practically re-organize the weights before i begin my workout.

7. 12-23-2008 12:26 PM #32
      it really has no impact on me personally, but it annoys me when people are on their cell phones...

Vehicles
      project roided wookie
      12-23-2008 12:30 PM #33
      Quote, originally posted by 2.0lover »
      what really grinds my gears is walking into the gym ready to get **** done only to find weights, yoga balls, mats, belts, and whateverthe****else just ****ing left out and lying around the floor or the rack.
      people that don't clean up after themselves piss me off to no end... worse than anything else really.
      on top of the people who don't clean up after themselves, what makes it even worse is that the management at this club doesn't clean up after them either.

x2 I usually notice the "once a weekers" on Saturday and Sunday.
      Oh and another thing that grinds my gears is when people put the 50 lb DB's in the 55 lb spot. How hard is it to look down at the sticky saying "50 Lbs"??
      The Build Thread CTS Turbo SoCalStance Shop

Window Tinter (RI Area)- #meatheadwindowtinting

RIP Alexi

9. 12-23-2008 02:01 PM #34
      This doesn't really anoy me but it's quite funny to watch. All week long at my gym, the leg machines that are right in front of the aerobics room hardly get used but on the weekend there are all these old pot belly farts that just hover around there just to sneak a peak in. One time one guy was pretending to work his legs with one plate for like 30 minutes. There is also a drinking fountain right in front too and funny how thirsty these guys get when they see some nice girls in spandex and tight tops
      One thing that really pisses me off is how guys like to walk around and do stuff like shave or iron their clothes in the nude. Seriously, I'm not homophobic or anything but jeez you would think they were making themselves at home. Put on some damn clothes first
      Last week I was almost going to snap on this guy who was on the lat pulldown machine. He was standing in front of it and chatting with two other guys he bumped into and I asked if he was almost done and he said one more set. So I went to get a drink and came back and he was still standing there chatting. So I sat down on a free bench and waitied 5 minutes. He could see me waiting and honestly the time he was shooting the $hit I could have finished my sets and left already. What was funny was that he only had like 35lbs on and the way he was grunting and grimacing while pulling it down you would think he had the entire 200lbs+ stack. I don't understand why people are so inconsiderate like that, even when I workout with my buddy we alternate using the machine like clock work and don't chat much except when we see each other doing the exercise wrong or give pointers.

10. 12-23-2008 02:14 PM #35
      this is the new thatguy thread.
      people who don't rerack the weights are ****ing scumbags. it's sheer laziness. they might not want to get "too big" by lifting anything more than what's required for their specific movement. people who are able to talk on the phone while they work out aren't working out hard enough and are most likely wasting their time by being there.

Vehicles
      12-23-2008 02:21 PM #36
      my gym has a table with stacks of magazines. theres tons of chicks reading while they workout. i even saw one that reads a thick novel between sets.

Vehicles
      mk5 2.5 rabbit
      12-23-2008 04:04 PM #37
      i forgot about the squat rack bicep curler, and i hate when they put the 5lbs on the end of it, WTF!!!! we have a rack with straight bars for that.
      i've yet to experience the couple doing some PDA i cant wait, im going to get in on some of that.

13. Banned
      12-23-2008 04:22 PM #38
      **** if i spent an hour on the elliptical like those chicks i'd probably read magazines too.
      what a waste of time.

Vehicles
      2005 Ford Crown Victoria
      12-23-2008 04:23 PM #39
      When everyone stares at you doing Olympic lifts, didn't realize it until a friend mentioned it to me. Since he didn't want to do the lifts since he said everyone would be looking at him.
      This also happens if you let the weight drop when doing heavy deadlifts and you loose your grip.

Modified by Steveo989 at 1:24 PM 12-23-2008

Vehicles
      12-24-2008 10:23 AM #40
      i saw a really short guy, maybe 5'4"ish standing on two 45 lb plates just staring at people like a little gopher. weird and awkward.
      also a dude doing overhead bb lunges in the middle of the aisle between dumbbells and machines, during the most crowded time of the day. every step he took he almost bumped into someone. the gym actually has an upper level with a quarter track just for lunges, but i guess thats not good enough...

16. 12-24-2008 10:27 AM #41
      well i kinda don't blame him, cuz that's where i would do mine at too. i wouldn't drag a bb with plates on it upstairs to go around a quarter track because i'd block everyone else trying to go by.

Vehicles
      12-24-2008 10:31 AM #42
      Quote, originally posted by SpiffyGTI »
      well i kinda don't blame him, cuz that's where i would do mine at too. i wouldn't drag a bb with plates on it upstairs to go around a quarter track because i'd block everyone else trying to go by.

so you'd pick the busiest time of the day and the busiest aisle to do them in? crossing in front of people, having to stop every two seconds to let someone by? honestly if he went to the gym an hour later he would've been in the clear.

18. 12-24-2008 11:58 AM #43
      i highly doubt the guy specifically picks that time of day to do that particular workout at that exact spot, just because it inconveniences others. i most definitely would not rearrange my workout schedule to accommodate for inconsiderate *******s who wouldn't get out of my way if i were trying to do overhead bb lunges though. i use a similar aisle for lunges. it's between most of the freeweights and the squat racks and stuff. that's where most everyone does their lunges and people are considerate enough to either wait or walk around those doing exercises in the aisle.

19. Banned
      12-24-2008 12:26 PM #44
      i'd rather have people doing overhead barbell lunges in the aisles where people can SEE YOU AND AVOID YOU. if you're overhead bb lunging on the track, not only are you in the way of everybody running, the chances of somebody running into either you or the bar are way too high.

Vehicles
      12-24-2008 12:49 PM #45
      Quote, originally posted by thompo »
      i'd rather have people doing overhead barbell lunges in the aisles where people can SEE YOU AND AVOID YOU. if you're overhead bb lunging on the track, not only are you in the way of everybody running, the chances of somebody running into either you or the bar are way too high.

its not a running track, its 1/8 mile straight meant specifically for lunges. it has multiple lanes for doing so.
      i personally did not get in his way and i have nothing against the movement itself. but if i wanted to do it there are other places w/much less traffic, even on the bottom floor. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      12-24-2008 02:17 PM #46
      here, i got one that trumps them all. this afternoon some d-bag left a pen on the safety supports of the squat rack, and then he must've dropped the weights on it and burst it. did he bother cleaning it? nope! he actually put the clips on top of the ink and left! unfortunately i did not see this guy or the ink everywhere since the rack is black, so i grab a clip, squeeze it onto the end of the bar and realize my hands are now covered in blue ink. ultimate douchebaggery, imo.
      but on a much nicer note, i was working in w/a friend doing pullups. i could do a lot more than he could. i guess thats technically progress but since theres no thread for it... oh well!

22. 12-24-2008 02:19 PM #47
      blue ink eh? i think you pulled the fire alarm and are making up excuses on how your hands got blue.

Vehicles
      12-24-2008 02:20 PM #48
      Quote, originally posted by showmeyourboost »
      blue ink eh? i think you pulled the fire alarm and are making up excuses on how your hands got blue.

LOL do your hands turn blue when u pull an alarm??

24. 12-24-2008 02:24 PM #49
      some alarms have an ink in them so they know who pulled it. i know a kid who got caught in middle school because of that.

Vehicles
      2005 Ford Crown Victoria
      12-24-2008 02:25 PM #50
      Quote, originally posted by kimlin85 »
      here, i got one that trumps them all. this afternoon some d-bag left a pen on the safety supports of the squat rack, and then he must've dropped the weights on it and burst it. did he bother cleaning it? nope! he actually put the clips on top of the ink and left! unfortunately i did not see this guy or the ink everywhere since the rack is black, so i grab a clip, squeeze it onto the end of the bar and realize my hands are now covered in blue ink. ultimate douchebaggery, imo.
      but on a much nicer note, i was working in w/a friend doing pullups. i could do a lot more than he could. i guess thats technically progress but since theres no thread for it... oh well!
      [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] That's pretty impressive only one of the girls I have worked out with before could even do a pullup.

Page 2 of 193 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast