Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 6 of 193 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: what grinds your gears at the gym?

1. 01-06-2009 08:12 PM #126
      Quote, originally posted by kimlin85 »
      does that make us all hypocrites, including you? we've all complained about people in our gym, its the point of the thread.

making fun of someone for doing something stupid....that's funny.
      making fun of someone while you do the same thing....less funny....except to me, I'm laughing.

Vehicles
      2.9L 24v twin turbo VR6 on a stand, 2002 S6 Avant with a Tial 770R 2.7T swap and O1E manual swap
      01-06-2009 09:07 PM #127
      If you all want the thread to stay open, take the arguing to PM's.
      Driversport Will Never Die|| Dub Cult PM me for all your Fragola Fittings and Billy Boat Exhaust Needs!!!

The Elite 24v VR6 Club: Member #4

My Dead Build Thread

3. 01-06-2009 09:21 PM #128
      if Mr. Rictus was at the gym....he would grind my gears.

that sounded sexy.

Vehicles
      2.9L 24v twin turbo VR6 on a stand, 2002 S6 Avant with a Tial 770R 2.7T swap and O1E manual swap
      01-06-2009 09:23 PM #129
      I signed up at a new gym today.
      The guy who was getting my paperwork straightened up mentioned something about getting "toned".
      I immediately thought of everyone on this forum and burst out laughing.
      Driversport Will Never Die|| Dub Cult PM me for all your Fragola Fittings and Billy Boat Exhaust Needs!!!

The Elite 24v VR6 Club: Member #4

My Dead Build Thread

Vehicles
      01-06-2009 09:32 PM #130
      LOL when i signed up at my gym they have a survey you take. it asks why you are joining, choices being strength, lose weight, gain weight, and toning. i laughed at tone as well, but the guy working there did not laugh. i think he wants mad tone.

01-06-2009 10:23 PM #131
      Who doesn't? I asked Santa for tone, but that ******* let me down.
      It's all about squats and deads.

7. 01-07-2009 08:54 AM #132
      Maybe we need to get together and start a new gym called "tone"
      and maybe boot camp somewhere in there along with in only 15 minutes?
      we could be a marketing machine!!
      oh one more thing that drives me nuts since i am now a gym user...
      giant tv's playing the cooking channel. Nothing like killing myself on the bike or lifting weights and seeing a giant chicken breast frying in oil...
      maybe they should pump hamburger scent through the ventilation to drive us wild with food lust ecstasy?
      i think i am going to wear this to the gym from now on...
      http://www.rickysnyc.com/
      LOL when i signed up at my gym they have a survey you take. it asks why you are joining, choices being strength, lose weight, gain weight, and toning. i laughed at tone as well, but the guy working there did not laugh. i think he wants mad tone.

Vehicles
      '09 Fiat Bravo, '05 Honda S2000
      01-07-2009 09:14 AM #133
      Talking about the scents of food... A corndog place opened up in front of my gym, and now my gym reeks of deepfried corndogs and popcorn.
      Quote Originally Posted by alleghenyman
      Let's just say I like my women like I like my cars - fast, cheap, kinda ugly and beaten up, unreliable, dangerous, unwanted....
      4 coilpacks, 2 gearboxes and counting...

Vehicles
      01-07-2009 09:18 AM #134
      Quote, originally posted by WhitePoloCT »
      Talking about the scents of food... A corndog place opened up in front of my gym, and now my gym reeks of deepfried corndogs and popcorn.

do you ever see someone walking in w/a corndog in their hand?

Vehicles
      Family Truckster
      01-07-2009 09:31 AM #135
      New Year's Resolutionists Suck
      I dont like battling for equipment, locker space, parking etc with people who work out for 4 weeks of the year.
      1 3 4 5 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve"

Vehicles
      '97 Passat w/ V, '02 Jetta w/ T
      01-07-2009 09:52 AM #136
      Quote, originally posted by fowvaydriver »
      oh one more thing that drives me nuts since i am now a gym user...
      giant tv's playing the cooking channel. Nothing like killing myself on the bike or lifting weights and seeing a giant chicken breast frying in oil...
      maybe they should pump hamburger scent through the ventilation to drive us wild with food lust ecstasy?

My gym has a suggestion box, and one of the suggestions made (by more than a few people) was to put the cooking channel on the TVs. I think the same thing you do. Although, when Giada is on, I'm not looking at the food
      Daily Driven

Whatta you lookin at butthead

12. 01-07-2009 09:54 AM #137
      I will up you one! My golds is in a little strip shopping center and the only other two stores are...
      local pizza shop.. and a wings place!!! so when i go outiside in the evening i smell
      not only fresh bread baking but also chicken cooking..
      jeeze....
      Quote, originally posted by WhitePoloCT »

13. 01-07-2009 09:55 AM #138
      this made me laugh...
      so wrong on many different levels

14. Senior Member ClockworkChad's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Is300
      01-07-2009 03:59 PM #139
      Why is it people watch the cooking channel at the gym, i cant watch that show without becoming immediatley starving.
      my girlfriend goes to the planet fitness near her house once ever 2 months or whatever she feels like and called me yesterday ECSTATIC that she went there on pizza night.
      when i laughed she said she only had 1 peice as opposed to last time when she had 3.
      it grinds my gears that planet fitness taunts my girlfriend with pizza.
      Ferrari Scuderia 2012 - "The people who speak badly about me then tremble and cry when they want to have their picture taken with me” - F. Alonso
      Now recruiting for IT/financial/accounting/creative services in fairfield county and metro nyc, pm if interested

15. 01-07-2009 04:09 PM #140

those whores!
      Quote, originally posted by ClockworkChad »
      Why is it people watch the cooking channel at the gym, i cant watch that show without becoming immediatley starving.
      my girlfriend goes to the planet fitness near her house once ever 2 months or whatever she feels like and called me yesterday ECSTATIC that she went there on pizza night.
      when i laughed she said she only had 1 peice as opposed to last time when she had 3.

Vehicles
      01-07-2009 04:41 PM #141

you are a liar. you probably knew she was on her way and you called ahead to tell them to have it ready for her, WITH a diet coke. we know how you like them.

17. 01-07-2009 04:57 PM #142
      Everytime I go to the gym, I have to laugh when I see Army guys in there. First of all they are not the smartest bunch in the world. But they crowd all the benches, don't re-rack the weights and do the most ridiculous exercises ever.
      I saw a guy using the tricep pulldown bar behind his back. Some guys were holding plates and they were 'throwing' them in front of themselves. However one guy let go and it broke the mirror in the gym. Needless to say he got banned.

Vehicles
      01-07-2009 05:00 PM #143
      while i have nothing against the army, i LOL'd at the mental picture of someone just hurling a plate into a mirror.
      last night at the gym i saw a guy curling 55 lbs in the squat rack. when he finished he just left he didn't unrack it. failure. i also got hardcore mean mugged by another lesbian who looked like she plays rugby. she grilled me and my gf while we did walking lunges. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthdown.gif[/IMG]

19. Senior Member ClockworkChad's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Is300
      01-07-2009 05:08 PM #144
      you are a liar. you probably knew she was on her way and you called ahead to tell them to have it ready for her, WITH a diet coke. we know how you like them.

haha id be lying if told her that she didnt need to go to the gym....
      Ferrari Scuderia 2012 - "The people who speak badly about me then tremble and cry when they want to have their picture taken with me” - F. Alonso
      Now recruiting for IT/financial/accounting/creative services in fairfield county and metro nyc, pm if interested

Vehicles
      2013 GTi, 2006 GTi, 2012 GMC Terrain
      01-07-2009 05:11 PM #145
      haha id be lying if told her that she didnt need to go to the gym....

damn!
      so you're a jerk and she likes you....
      Any woman who thinks the way to a man's heart is through his stomach is aiming about 10 inches too high.
      ~Adrienne E. Gusoff

Standard Fire Sprinklers

Vehicles
      '09 Fiat Bravo, '05 Honda S2000
      01-08-2009 01:33 AM #146

Nope, but I did see a chick eating a bag of freshly popped popcorn.
      The smell is distracting!
      Quote Originally Posted by alleghenyman
      Let's just say I like my women like I like my cars - fast, cheap, kinda ugly and beaten up, unreliable, dangerous, unwanted....
      4 coilpacks, 2 gearboxes and counting...

22. Senior Member ClockworkChad's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Is300
      01-08-2009 09:45 AM #147
      Quote, originally posted by eve16v »

damn!
      so you're a jerk and she likes you....

23. Member
      01-08-2009 11:45 AM #148
      The other night, some teenager was stepping on and hopping over some of the workout benches while walking back and forth through the gym.
      Sim Simmer.
      Keys.
      Bimmer.

24. Senior Member ClockworkChad's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Is300
      01-08-2009 11:46 AM #149
      i hate when they tread the benches as a stepper thing.

Vehicles
      2005 Ford Crown Victoria
      01-08-2009 11:54 AM #150
      Quote, originally posted by NLR32 »
      Everytime I go to the gym, I have to laugh when I see Army guys in there. First of all they are not the smartest bunch in the world. But they crowd all the benches, don't re-rack the weights and do the most ridiculous exercises ever.
      I saw a guy using the tricep pulldown bar behind his back. Some guys were holding plates and they were 'throwing' them in front of themselves. However one guy let go and it broke the mirror in the gym. Needless to say he got banned.
      That was the number one thing that pissed me off with the gym in Iraq. Since my base didn't really have a good MWR setup people went to the gym to watch tv and ****. The other that guys were the rediculously overweight national guardsmen that were 300 pounds benching 105 pound dumbells and screaming big weight. So many people were on there deployment fitness plan if you will, basically a bunch of people that never worked out but for some reason decided to get in shape for the deployment. I mean good on 'em but I saw so many people just going through the motions.

Page 6 of 193 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast